Washington DC Message Boards

Dogs without leashes in Glover Archibald Park

ricklee

I am sorry for the angry tone of this message but I am SICK AND TIRED of people who scoff at common courtesy and THE LAW and walk their dogs in Glover Archibald Park off leash. This morning as I was walking my little apartment sized dog, some big Chocolate lab came bounding from the woods (in view of its owner who was walking up the path with 2 other HUGE OFF LEASH DOGS) and scratched the crap out of my dog. She was bleeding from the event. The dog was obviously playing so I know it didn't mean harm, but that is not the point.

I know your dogs need exercise, so take them to a dog park. Take them to the country. Do whatever you have to do to get your dog the exercise it needs. But do it in a way that is courteous to the rest of us and our dogs and OBEYS THE LAW.

Guest Rott Weiler

These rude dog owners are the same jerks who will bad mouth others for being politically incorrect in some other matter.

Next time, take a paint ball gun with you and shoot the owner of the dog that is on the loose. That will let them know that they have crossed the line.

I am sorry for the angry tone of this message but I am SICK AND TIRED of people who scoff at common courtesy and THE LAW and walk their dogs in Glover Archibald Park off leash. This morning as I was walking my little apartment sized dog, some big Chocolate lab came bounding from the woods (in view of its owner who was walking up the path with 2 other HUGE OFF LEASH DOGS) and scratched the crap out of my dog. She was bleeding from the event. The dog was obviously playing so I know it didn\'t mean harm, but that is not the point.

I know your dogs need exercise, so take them to a dog park. Take them to the country. Do whatever you have to do to get your dog the exercise it needs. But do it in a way that is courteous to the rest of us and our dogs and OBEYS THE LAW.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Free Country

Maybe if you look online, Glover Archibald Park is advertised as an off leash unfenced dog park. Maybe it's you who needs to walk their cute aggressive little "apartment" dog somewhere else and not be so uppity about where other people walk their dogs.

That would certainly not account for the signs all over the place that say that dogs must be on a leash.

Maybe if you look online, Glover Archibald Park is advertised as an off leash unfenced dog park. Maybe it's you who needs to walk their cute aggressive little "apartment" dog somewhere else and not be so uppity about where other people walk their dogs.