DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jonathan R. Rees

Ward Member of the Council of the District of Columbia

Guest Jonathan R. Rees   
Guest Jonathan R. Rees

To hold the office of Ward Member of the Council, an individual must meet the following qualifications (DC Code Section 1-204.02):

Be a qualified elector in the District, as defined by DC Code Section 1-1001.02.

Hold no other paid public office.

Have resided and been domiciled in the District of Columbia for one (1) year immediately preceding the general or special election.

Reside in the ward from which nominated.

When the requirements for public office has changed where a person has to disclose her/his marital status, number of offsprings, educational or vocational history or other matters then I will be happy to do so to responsible people who are not going to harass my employer or educational instutitions as was done.

Post what all of you want but I am not concerned as that is not going to stop me and unlike others, I am not so arrogant to believe anything or I know what the outcome of this election will be.

I do my thing, you do your thing and the voters will decide which of the 7 candidates they want.

Guest Glover Park Woman   
Guest Glover Park Woman

Mr. Rees,

What you state is true -- afterall, there have been folks without higher education who have served successfully on the Council, and folks who have been convicted of crimes. The question however lies where you have made claims about your past that don't add up.

For example, your claimed employment history has holes and questions (does IDC manage 18 clinics as you stated once, or 'about 22 clinics' as you stated recently on DCist?), your claimed educational history doesn't add up (did you go to Columbia, NYU or an oversees school?), you have claimed to have no children, two children, three children (twins and not twins) and now three children and a foster child, which would mean 4 children.

Online you claim to be unmarried. Then you claim to be married, with a deceased wife. What about your ex-wife who is not deceased?

When you cannot be straightforward about issues that you have posted and talked about, and then deleted and retracted, how can anyone focus on your ideas and vision as a candidate?

You raised the issue of your personal life by virtue of your children, Jason, Anita and Gabriella posting online on your behalf. Your wife and campaign manager, Mindy Silverman Rees has posted on-line. On your early website, which is available on-line in cached form, you mention your family, your wife, etc. However, other posts by you, or your supporters have contradicted your claims. However, you have retracted much of this in later versions of your website.

You raised the issue of your educational history by virtue of claims of graduation years for NYU and Columbia. This has been retracted from your website.

You raised the issue of your employment history with claims of Alba Foods, etc. However, cahced versions of recruitment letters and resumes do not jibe with what you posted on your website.

A Ward 3 Voter in Glover Park

To hold the office of Ward Member of the Council, an individual must meet the following qualifications (DC Code Section 1-204.02):

Be a qualified elector in the District, as defined by DC Code Section 1-1001.02.

Hold no other paid public office.

Have resided and been domiciled in the District of Columbia for one (1) year immediately preceding the general or special election.

Reside in the ward from which nominated.

When the requirements for public office has changed where a person has to disclose her/his marital status, number of offsprings, educational or vocational history or other matters then I will be happy to do so to responsible people who are not going to harass my employer or educational instutitions as was done.

Post what all of you want but I am not concerned as that is not going to stop me and unlike others, I am not so arrogant to believe anything or I know what the outcome of this election will be.

I do my thing, you do your thing and the voters will decide which of the 7 candidates they want.

Guest Jonathan R. Rees   
Guest Jonathan R. Rees

If you need to know the history or business activities of Institutional Dental Care, Inc., then you can always pick up the telephone and give them a call.

Alba Food is owned by Royal Ahold the Dutch based food conglomerate that owns also Giant Foods.

Unless my name clearly appears in the posting, I did not post it.

Mr. Rees,

What you state is true -- afterall, there have been folks without higher education who have served successfully on the Council, and folks who have been convicted of crimes. The question however lies where you have made claims about your past that don\'t add up.

For example, your claimed employment history has holes and questions (does IDC manage 18 clinics as you stated once, or \'about 22 clinics\' as you stated recently on DCist?), your claimed educational history doesn\'t add up (did you go to Columbia, NYU or an oversees school?), you have claimed to have no children, two children, three children (twins and not twins) and now three children and a foster child, which would mean 4 children.

Online you claim to be unmarried. Then you claim to be married, with a deceased wife. What about your ex-wife who is not deceased?

When you cannot be straightforward about issues that you have posted and talked about, and then deleted and retracted, how can anyone focus on your ideas and vision as a candidate?

You raised the issue of your personal life by virtue of your children, Jason, Anita and Gabriella posting online on your behalf. Your wife and campaign manager, Mindy Silverman Rees has posted on-line. On your early website, which is available on-line in cached form, you mention your family, your wife, etc. However, other posts by you, or your supporters have contradicted your claims. However, you have retracted much of this in later versions of your website.

You raised the issue of your educational history by virtue of claims of graduation years for NYU and Columbia. This has been retracted from your website.

You raised the issue of your employment history with claims of Alba Foods, etc. However, cahced versions of recruitment letters and resumes do not jibe with what you posted on your website.

A Ward 3 Voter in Glover Park

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Unless my name clearly appears in the posting, I did not post it.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

This is one of the funniest posts in the history of posting!!!

Guest Jonathan R. Rees   
Guest Jonathan R. Rees

There is nothing funny here just your immaturity.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

This is one of the funniest posts in the history of posting!!!

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

There is nothing funny here just your immaturity.

Nice IP anonymizing proxy service ya got there, by the way!

Also, the posts entitle "Multiple Alias Disorder" and "More Proof" on the DC Politics board tell me, other voters and journalists all we need to know about who's been posting what here. Respond however you want, but it's all there in black and white, and clearly understandable by people who know about the IP addresses and the like.

This, I predict, will get Response F ("It's not true! ")

Guest Jonathan R. Rees   
Guest Jonathan R. Rees

It is way too easy to accuse but difficult to prove.

Again, show me a letter from my ISP that locks me in and you have a case but otherwise, the jury must aquit because there is more than reasonable doubt.

Nice IP anonymizing proxy service ya got there, by the way!

Also, the posts entitle \"Multiple Alias Disorder\" and \"More Proof\" on the DC Politics board tell me, other voters and journalists all we need to know about who\'s been posting what here. Respond however you want, but it\'s all there in black and white, and clearly understandable by people who know about the IP addresses and the like.

This, I predict, will get Response F (\"It\'s not true! \")

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

It is way too easy to accuse but difficult to prove.

Again, show me a letter from my ISP that locks me in and you have a case but otherwise, the jury must aquit because there is more than reasonable doubt.

Not the way it works, dude. But thanks for playing.

Guest Kermit   
Guest Kermit

How is he to play it? Are there any rules?

Not the way it works, dude. But thanks for playing.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this