Sign in to follow this  
Guest Snotty Nose Bob

I like that guy Rees!

Guest Snotty Nose Bob

I like that guy Rees!

Why?

Because he is crazy as they come.

Because he dares to be different.

Because he has not sold his rear end out to corporate America like his rivals have.

Because he is the only candidate that offers clear solutions to our problems not just promises of better schools, roads and more without saying how.

Rees might be one crazy bastard but I would rather have a crazy bastard representing me than a shallow person who owes all his contributors favors before doing anything for you and me and who does not know what they are doing.

I want to hear more from this mother forker because he might be crazy as some of you say but at least he is his own man and will owe no special interest groups like the others will when all is said and done.

Why I don't like him: He's scary. He's unethical. He's a spammer. He's delusional. He's obsessed with one of his opponents.

And he wrote the post below. Creepy.

I like that guy Rees!

Why?

Because he has not sold his rear end out to corporate America like his rivals have.

Because he is the only candidate that offers clear solutions to our problems not just promises of better schools, roads and more without saying how.

Rees might be one crazy bastard but I would rather have a crazy bastard representing me than a shallow person who owes all his contributors favors before doing anything for you and me and who does not know what they are doing.

I want to hear more from this mother forker because he might be crazy as some of you say but at least he is his own man and will owe no special interest groups like the others will when all is said and done.

Interesting.

What about the fact that Rees is also a liar. Count the number of children he claims to have: 3 or 2 or none, depending on where he posts.

Try to figure out where Rees went to college: He says Columbia University; he says New York University; neither may be correct.

Look at what he says about where his campaign flyers are printed: In Puerto Rico; in the Dominican Republic. But if you actually pick up one of his flyers, you can tell that they were printed on somebody's laser printer. (And does it make sense to print 8 x 11.5 flyers thousands of miles away?)

Take that fact that Rees claims to be married to somebody called Mindy Silverman, but also posts frequently on Internet dating sites.

What about the fact that Rees' website says that it was created by "Margaret Clay," but the original source code (which Rees has since changed, but which has been preserved and posted on this forum) said that the site's author was "Jonathan Rees."

And then there's this famous Rees quotation: "f anyone grew up in Europe but specifically Sicily, Italy or other parts of southern Europe, our city council is following the behavioral pattern of that of the Stalinist politicians who ultimately failed and had to accept a more realistic way of doing things that were adopted from the Social Democrats" Huh?

And this quotation: "While I am not a smoker, I see anti-smokers and their current cause in DC as being on the same mental wave length as abortion clinic bombers."

And what about the fact that Jonathan Rees has been banned from virtually every neighborhood listserv in Ward 3 -- and city-wide boards, too, such as DCist. That speaks volumes about Jonathan Rees.

I like that guy Rees!

Why?

Guest Not A Dumb Voter

I have worked on so many campaigns that I have come to learn why you people pick on Rees with some of the most petty stuff I have ever seen and that is, all of you are so afraid of him and that he will win that you decide to find whatever crap you can come up with.

Let's see all of you guys fight him out on the campaign trail which not one of you have done to date.

You might think the average voter is stupid to buy all your made up lies but we are not.

What we do see is what is taking place out there on the streets of Ward 3 and that is, this guy Rees is pumping out my literature than all the other candidates combined.

Don't attack him here where only maybe 1 or 2 hundred people might see it but go after him where he is creaming all out there on the streets.

On another note, I see all these claims that IP addresses belong to different people and nobody is buying that either as can anyone from both sides prove that any IP address really belongs to an account owned by anyone? I doubt it as all of you are sick people who will lie, lie and lie to all just to make your sick point.

Where the war is really being fought out on the streets is where this Rees is scoring big points while all of you are here and the some 29,000 voters are not seeing you but they are see this Rees out there.

I like the fact that the IP Address as posted by Luke Wilbur for DC_DEEP_THROAT (http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=7911) is identical to other posts and emails that Rees has sent in his own name....emails he has sent to Journalists, Candidates and other residents in Ward 3.

Nice smoking gun, dude.

Guest ohreally

sad.

just sad.

I have worked on so many campaigns that I have come to learn why you people pick on Rees with some of the most petty stuff I have ever seen and that is, all of you are so afraid of him and that he will win that you decide to find whatever crap you can come up with.

Let's see all of you guys fight him out on the campaign trail which not one of you have done to date.

You might think the average voter is stupid to buy all your made up lies but we are not.

What we do see is what is taking place out there on the streets of Ward 3 and that is, this guy Rees is pumping out my literature than all the other candidates combined.

Don't attack him here where only maybe 1 or 2 hundred people might see it but go after him where he is creaming all out there on the streets.

On another note, I see all these claims that IP addresses belong to different people and nobody is buying that either as can anyone from both sides prove that any IP address really belongs to an account owned by anyone? I doubt it as all of you are sick people who will lie, lie and lie to all just to make your sick point.

Where the war is really being fought out on the streets is where this Rees is scoring big points while all of you are here and the some 29,000 voters are not seeing you but they are see this Rees out there.

Guest Joseph White

I will agree wity the writer above on three points:

1. Less than 1% of the voters ever read what is here and those who do, do not trust it to be truthful but see it as deliberate falsehoods by one side or another to mislead.

2. That people are going to judge the candidates based upon what is said in their campaign literature and in public speeches.

3. That at this point, the only two candidates for this ward race who have campaign literature out there in a meaningful way is Robert Gordon and Jonathan Rees in a massive way but I and others have not seen anything from the others to date.

I too would agree when a candidate is being jumped all over on matters that have nothing to do with the issue facing voters but on the dumb stuff here like how many children a candidate has shows all that you fear that candidate that you jump on meaningless issues because you cannot find fault in the candidate and positions taken. What is happening and why is so obvious and snide remarks to the comments of other is so pathetic it makes the aggressors on a candidate look dumb and dumber each time they post.

Let us all see you people start attacking a candidate on the issues and how they stand on them as I have yet to see anyone for six long months do that. Why? Maybe it is because you lack the intelligence to take on that candidate.

Guest ------

1. Less than 1% of the voters ever read what is here and those who do, do not trust it to be truthful but see it as deliberate falsehoods by one side or another to mislead.

2. That people are going to judge the candidates based upon what is said in their campaign literature and in public speeches.

3. That at this point, the only two candidates for this ward race who have campaign literature out there in a meaningful way is Robert Gordon and Jonathan Rees in a massive way but I and others have not seen anything from the others to date.

I too would agree when a candidate is being jumped all over on matters that have nothing to do with the issue facing voters but on the dumb stuff here like how many children a candidate has shows all that you fear that candidate that you jump on meaningless issues because you cannot find fault in the candidate and positions taken. What is happening and why is so obvious and snide remarks to the comments of other is so pathetic it makes the aggressors on a candidate look dumb and dumber each time they post.

Let us all see you people start attacking a candidate on the issues and how they stand on them as I have yet to see anyone for six long months do that. Why? Maybe it is because you lack the intelligence to take on that candidate.

So, "Joseph" is it? :-)

Interesting. Those familiar linguistic hallmarks are all over this one too.

Guest Not from Ward 3

What REALLY matters to voters is whether they can trust their candidate.

So, actually, when a candidate is found to be fabricating so-called trivial details, one must question that candidates veracity on ANY subject. Lie about your background or # children or your name or work history? One can only assume you'd lie about more "important" things.

Trust must be earned, not doled out as if it were some photocopied flyer.

Trust. Decency. Honesty. These still matter, perhaps now more than ever in fact.

So it's complete appropriate for people to bring fabrications and distortions to other voters' attention . To dismiss their concerns as being somehow mean-spirited is both disingenous and disrespectful.

Guest A Voter in Ward 3

This just lets the record build so bully for that.

I would note:

1) Rees has already said he will not participate in any public forums or debates;

2) I have not seen anything from any candidates, except for Rees's flyers from last summer, which at this point seem to be mostly weathered and gone;

3) I don't think a candidate misrepresenting past education, professional, and personal information is a "meaningless" issue. On the face of it, yes, most voters do not care if someone is divorced, or has children, or never attended college. However, when a candidate cannot represent themselves in a truthful manner on areas of background and experience, then how can the be instilled with public trust?

I for one am not willing to support a candidate who cannot keep consistency for record on:

-number of marriages

-number of children

-employment history

-educational background

If a person cannot be truthful on these matters, then how can we believe any campaign information where the core beliefs are concerned? I do not think Mr. Rees is being jumped on, but rather has opened himself up for public scrutiny by virtue of sending unsolicited emails, and placing an over-abundant volume of misleading and patently false information on blogs and Listservs. This has been proven time and time again, depsite the protests of the above anonymous poster, who claims that IP addresses are not identifyable source code for internet and computer users.

Just a thought.

Guest Suzanne Bottiglier

I would disagree with the above writer.

If my memory serves me well, Mr. Rees did post all that people were asking but pulled it later stating that his employer and others were being harassed to death with calls. If so, then I do not blame him because if the pouncing he has taken here is any indication of the pouncing his employer and others have been subjected to is equal, then Mr. Rees had every right to pull back as I would have done the same.

When people go overboard in their quest to pry where their noses should not go then if candidates withdraw then you brought it on yourselves like I can sense is the case here on DC Message Board.

Fortunately, I live in the same condo building as Mr. Rees and his wife so I know him a lot better than the people posting here blindly. Mr. Rees is married, his wife is named Mindy and he does have three children and one foster child he raised and anyone who knows him knows these facts. Obviously none of you live in his neighborhood or you would have known this but just living here.

Also Mr. Rees has not lied about his employment history as the business he works for is well known in the DC health care community and can be verified as a real business by the DC Dept. of Health, DC Dental Society and others as their presence is seen everywhere in the geriatric community.

People love to talk out of their ***** and pretend like they did a good job of checking things out but when they hit a road block, they lack the brain power like maybe that company was bought up and is operating under the umbrella of another or something else.

I know what has been said is patently false and said by people pretending to want the right thing but they really do not and I doubt they ever did really investigate outside of just peeking in.

I know all the candidates and each has something to offer and it is up to voters as to which approach to dealing with our needs and problems they want.

For now, the reality is, Mr. Rees has done a far better job of reaching voters all over our ward and that is because he has probably more volunteers than the other campaigns combined.

I also have failed to see anyone here ever say that anything Mr. Rees stands for as posted on his website is defective. I will interpret the failure by all of not doing such as meaning you cannot attack him on this so you go after other things that you know nothing about or pretend to.

doggess all you want but you cannot stop Mr. Rees and i doubt any of his opponents can match what he has done so far.

This message board and maybe one or two others is your only avenue to leash out at a candidate you just do not like but who is listening? Not the vast majority of voters.

Guest Guy Mason Ball Player

You're complaining about Mr. Rees's employers getting harrassed?

I have to laugh. The record on DC Pages of Mr. Rees and his aliases spamming and research citizens of Ward 3 and DC and then faxing/emailing complaints is long.

I would submit that Mr. Rees is the candidate. his actions and words are open to scrutiny. If he cannot take the heat of journalists and the public checking the record of his statements, then perhaps he shouldn't be try to engage in the public light.

As to the marraige, if you google "jrrees" you will see a treasure trove of singles postings from Mr. Rees that pre-date his entrance into the Ward 3 race. Clearly that is not a smear campaign. Although many of the posting have since been deleted, the record of them on Google is unmistakeable. I have no problem that Mr. Rees seems to want to engage in extramarital affiars. however many of the profiles indicate that he is unmarried, and has no kids.

So is it zero kids, two kids, three kids, or three and a foster for four kids? Are the three kids of different ages as he once suggested, or are there twins, as he claimed another time?

I live in Glover Park...the same neighborhood that Mr. Rees suggested he lives in. However, I do not know the information you claim to have. None of my friends or neighbors know this either. We have been enjoying Mr. Rees's escapades across the internet, however.

In terms of the rest, I agree with the folks who posted above. If a candidate cannot be straightforward and consistent with the information they are providing, then they probably cannot be trusted with issues of public import.

Mr. Rees has pierced the veil of public trust. I think the voters have already seen it.

If my memory serves me well, Mr. Rees did post all that people were asking but pulled it later stating that his employer and others were being harassed to death with calls. If so, then I do not blame him because if the pouncing he has taken here is any indication of the pouncing his employer and others have been subjected to is equal, then Mr. Rees had every right to pull back as I would have done the same.

When people go overboard in their quest to pry where their noses should not go then if candidates withdraw then you brought it on yourselves like I can sense is the case here on DC Message Board.

Fortunately, I live in the same condo building as Mr. Rees and his wife so I know him a lot better than the people posting here blindly. Mr. Rees is married, his wife is named Mindy and he does have three children and one foster child he raised and anyone who knows him knows these facts. Obviously none of you live in his neighborhood or you would have known this but just living here.

Also Mr. Rees has not lied about his employment history as the business he works for is well known in the DC health care community and can be verified as a real business by the DC Dept. of Health, DC Dental Society and others as their presence is seen everywhere in the geriatric community.

People love to talk out of their ***** and pretend like they did a good job of checking things out but when they hit a road block, they lack the brain power like maybe that company was bought up and is operating under the umbrella of another or something else.

I know what has been said is patently false and said by people pretending to want the right thing but they really do not and I doubt they ever did really investigate outside of just peeking in.

I know all the candidates and each has something to offer and it is up to voters as to which approach to dealing with our needs and problems they want.

For now, the reality is, Mr. Rees has done a far better job of reaching voters all over our ward and that is because he has probably more volunteers than the other campaigns combined.

I also have failed to see anyone here ever say that anything Mr. Rees stands for as posted on his website is defective. I will interpret the failure by all of not doing such as meaning you cannot attack him on this so you go after other things that you know nothing about or pretend to.

doggess all you want but you cannot stop Mr. Rees and i doubt any of his opponents can match what he has done so far.

This message board and maybe one or two others is your only avenue to leash out at a candidate you just do not like but who is listening? Not the vast majority of voters.

Guest The Owner of Au Pied de Cacon Re

To the writer above who I doubt lives in Glover Park or anywhere near it please show us some proof that Mr. Rees ever researched and faxed anything about anyone he had researched and who was it faxed to.

I have lived in Glover Park for over twentyfive years and I have known Mr. Rees for the past decade and more as we use to work together for Royal Ahold of the Netherlands since around 1995 onward.

I knew Mr. Rees deceased wife Maria Cisneros who was the niece of Henry Cisneros, I know his three children and his foster child and I know his new wife whom he has been married to for just a bit over a year and thus I can say that Mr. Rees has a lot of friends and respect in the Glover Park area unlike the writer above me who is talking nonsense.

You can pass off your frauds on unsuspecting people but not on people who know Mr. Rees.

You\'re complaining about Mr. Rees\'s employers getting harrassed?

I have to laugh. The record on DC Pages of Mr. Rees and his aliases spamming and research citizens of Ward 3 and DC and then faxing/emailing complaints is long.

I would submit that Mr. Rees is the candidate. his actions and words are open to scrutiny. If he cannot take the heat of journalists and the public checking the record of his statements, then perhaps he shouldn\'t be try to engage in the public light.

As to the marraige, if you google \"jrrees\" you will see a treasure trove of singles postings from Mr. Rees that pre-date his entrance into the Ward 3 race. Clearly that is not a smear campaign. Although many of the posting have since been deleted, the record of them on Google is unmistakeable. I have no problem that Mr. Rees seems to want to engage in extramarital affiars. however many of the profiles indicate that he is unmarried, and has no kids.

So is it zero kids, two kids, three kids, or three and a foster for four kids? Are the three kids of different ages as he once suggested, or are there twins, as he claimed another time?

I live in Glover Park...the same neighborhood that Mr. Rees suggested he lives in. However, I do not know the information you claim to have. None of my friends or neighbors know this either. We have been enjoying Mr. Rees\'s escapades across the internet, however.

In terms of the rest, I agree with the folks who posted above. If a candidate cannot be straightforward and consistent with the information they are providing, then they probably cannot be trusted with issues of public import.

Mr. Rees has pierced the veil of public trust. I think the voters have already seen it.

Guest Glover Park Woman

The alias "Roddy" claims to have faxed the American Cancer Society a complaint about Eric Marshall:

http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=6284

Roddy, if you check with the Yahoo posts and posts in DC Pages, has posted from the same IP address as Jonathan Rees. Coincidence?

Then there is the Assistant Attorney General that he harrassed and faxed the superiors. I am sure someone has a record of that.

Oh, and the owner of Au Pied du Cochon doesn't live in DC. The owner of Au Pied du Cochon NEVER worked in the Netherlands and never worked for Royal Ahold.

Rees himself claimed to work for Alba Foods, a division of Royal Ahold. On his resume, he claimed to work in the DC Office, not in the Netherlands. However, there doesn't seem to be a DC Office for Alba Foods, and Royal Ahold just took Giant over a few years ago.

You mention Mr. Rees's deceased wife, and yopu mention his current wife. What about the other one?

It's peeling an onion, and the more you peel, the less is there.

To the writer above who I doubt lives in Glover Park or anywhere near it please show us some proof that Mr. Rees ever researched and faxed anything about anyone he had researched and who was it faxed to.

I have lived in Glover Park for over twentyfive years and I have known Mr. Rees for the past decade and more as we use to work together for Royal Ahold of the Netherlands since around 1995 onward.

I knew Mr. Rees deceased wife Maria Cisneros who was the niece of Henry Cisneros, I know his three children and his foster child and I know his new wife whom he has been married to for just a bit over a year and thus I can say that Mr. Rees has a lot of friends and respect in the Glover Park area unlike the writer above me who is talking nonsense.

You can pass off your frauds on unsuspecting people but not on people who know Mr. Rees.

God, this is so OBVIOUSLY another posting by Rees. It's just so terribly sad. Seriously.

Guest Jonathan R. Rees

Unless you have a letter from my internet service provider confirming my account, confirming my IP addres then you have no proof of anything.

Get real as not everybody is as stupid as you take them for.

God, this is so OBVIOUSLY another posting by Rees. It\'s just so terribly sad. Seriously.

Guest Guest

Unless you have a letter from my internet service provider confirming my account, confirming my IP addres then you have no proof of anything.

Get real as not everybody is as stupid as you take them for.

Totally exemplary response. In a world filled with ambiguity and disorder, it's nice to know that some things will always be the same.

In other words, thank you for answer F: "It's Not True! It's Not True!"

Guest Jonathan R. Rees

No matter what annonymous name you go by, I think it is self-evident that I frustrate you, upset you so much that you cannot stop your attacks and I like that as that says I have gotten under your skin and have shown all how weak you really are that it has become for you a sickness for you that believe that anybody you cannot identify is me and how wrong you are but this is so indicative of a sick mind.

I love upsetting you and while I am here, my people are out on the streets every night if you have noticed while I am others keep you behind your computer steaming.

I gotta ya!

Totally exemplary response. In a world filled with ambiguity and disorder, it\'s nice to know that some things will always be the same.

In other words, thank you for answer F: \"It\'s Not True! It\'s Not True!\"

Guest Guest

No matter what annonymous name you go by, I think it is self-evident that I frustrate you, upset you so much that you cannot stop your attacks and I like that as that says I have gotten under your skin and have shown all how weak you really are that it has become for you a sickness for you that believe that anybody you cannot identify is me and how wrong you are but this is so indicative of a sick mind.

I love upsetting you and while I am here, my people are out on the streets every night if you have noticed while I am others keep you behind your computer steaming.

I gotta ya!

Pretty to think so.

Guest Jonathan R. Rees

You are here right? Then i got you because if I did not, then you would be elsewhere!

Think about it.

Pretty to think so.

Guest Guest

You are here right? Then i got you because if I did not, then you would be elsewhere!

Think about it.

Wow. Deep. You're like Stephen Hawking or something.

Guest Jonathan R. Rees

Yes mother, it is me Norman. I will take care of you.

Wow. Deep. You\'re like Stephen Hawking or something.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this