DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Apollo Deli in Glover Park

Apollo Deli in Glover Park Supports Jonathan Rees for City Council

Guest A Glover Park resident   
Guest A Glover Park resident

Dropping off a small stack of computer printed campaign literature, at the amusement of the folks at the check out counter hardly merits an endorsement.

However, the claim that Mr. Rees has 20 years MORE experience than the other political candidates is somewhat laughable. There are some highly qualified, professionals in the race.

Apollo Deli in Glover Park supports Jonathan Rees as our next Ward 3 city council.

Mr. Rees' campaign literature is available at our store and other stores throughout the ward.

Click on this line to see Mr. Rees' website

Guest Another Glover Park Resident   
Guest Another Glover Park Resident

I too saw those campaign flyers in the Apollo Deli and the owner said that he must have seen maybe a few thousand being taken by people since they started that back in November of last year.

However, the claim that Mr. Rees has 20 years MORE experience than the other political candidates is accurate in the fields that he has them in but in general terms, I believe all of the candidates but one has vast experience but in varying fields.

Dropping off a small stack of computer printed campaign literature, at the amusement of the folks at the check out counter hardly merits an endorsement.

However, the claim that Mr. Rees has 20 years MORE experience than the other political candidates is somewhat laughable. There are some highly qualified, professionals in the race.

Guest Laughing Out Lout   
Guest Laughing Out Lout

And what fields are those?

To date, Rees's claims of political, legal and business experience have yet to be proven. The company he allegedly works for doesn't seem to be a legally registered entity anywhere on the eastern seaboard, and the other candidates all have interesting and diverse backgrounds which are real and proven.

Given Mr. Rees claims to be 50 or 51, what did he do with the other 8-10 years before this professional experience?

Surely it cannot be education, because to date, Mr. Rees claims of such a glorified educational background are yet to be proved.

Enough is enough.

I too saw those campaign flyers in the Apollo Deli and the owner said that he must have seen maybe a few thousand being taken by people since they started that back in November of last year.

However, the claim that Mr. Rees has 20 years MORE experience than the other political candidates is accurate in the fields that he has them in but in general terms, I believe all of the candidates but one has vast experience but in varying fields.

Guest Laughing Out Lout.?   
Guest Laughing Out Lout.?

So you say but how can anybody trust your word for it when you cannot spell correctly?

And what fields are those?

To date, Rees\'s claims of political, legal and business experience have yet to be proven. The company he allegedly works for doesn\'t seem to be a legally registered entity anywhere on the eastern seaboard, and the other candidates all have interesting and diverse backgrounds which are real and proven.

Given Mr. Rees claims to be 50 or 51, what did he do with the other 8-10 years before this professional experience?

Surely it cannot be education, because to date, Mr. Rees claims of such a glorified educational background are yet to be proved.

Enough is enough.

So Jonathan Rees is now impersonating a merchant, claiming that they've endorsed him?

I guess that if Rees can impersonate lawyers, his opponent, a city council member, and other people who post on this forum, impersonating a store isn't a big leap.

Let me say a few things about this so-called endorsement. First, the store's name is the "Apollo Market," not the Apollo Deli. Second, I visited the Apollo Market yesterday, talked with people who work here, and there's no such endorsement. Rees' flyers are by the cash register, and there's no mention of an endorsement on those flyers.

In other places Rees has claimed to be endorsed by the DC Hospital Association. Not.

Apollo Deli in Glover Park supports Jonathan Rees as our next Ward 3 city council.

Mr. Rees' campaign literature is available at our store and other stores throughout the ward.

Click on this line to see Mr. Rees' website

Guest The Owner of Au Pied de Cachon R   
Guest The Owner of Au Pied de Cachon R

I live but a few doors down from the Apollo Deli and just walk in there or several other stores in the Glover Park area and you will see those advertisements for Mr. Rees at the check out counters.

Mr. Rees is getting support from businessmen who are immigrants which is about 75% of the small business owners.

So Jonathan Rees is now impersonating a merchant, claiming that they\'ve endorsed him?

I guess that if Rees can impersonate lawyers, his opponent, a city council member, and other people who post on this forum, impersonating a store isn\'t a big leap.

Let me say a few things about this so-called endorsement. First, the store\'s name is the \"Apollo Market,\" not the Apollo Deli. Second, I visited the Apollo Market yesterday, talked with people who work here, and there\'s no such endorsement. Rees\' flyers are by the cash register, and there\'s no mention of an endorsement on those flyers.

In other places Rees has claimed to be endorsed by the DC Hospital Association. Not.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

As stated in another thread, I knew the owner of Au Pied very well. He was not a resident of the District of Columbia.

But then again, if Mr. Rees has the nads to impersonate a sitting DC Council Person, one of his opponents, an MPD Officer or two, then there is no reason not to do this.

Again, another reason not to trust or support this candidate.

I live but a few doors down from the Apollo Deli and just walk in there or several other stores in the Glover Park area and you will see those advertisements for Mr. Rees at the check out counters.

Mr. Rees is getting support from businessmen who are immigrants which is about 75% of the small business owners.

Guest Jonathan R. Rees   
Guest Jonathan R. Rees

The owner of the restaurant called Au Pied de Chacon most definitely lives in Glover Park next door to the Glover Park grocery store and I have known him for almost 15 years.

I would be happy to take you to his home anytime you would like.

Jonathan R. Rees

As stated in another thread, I knew the owner of Au Pied very well. He was not a resident of the District of Columbia.

But then again, if Mr. Rees has the nads to impersonate a sitting DC Council Person, one of his opponents, an MPD Officer or two, then there is no reason not to do this.

Again, another reason not to trust or support this candidate.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this