Washington DC Message Boards

REES HAS WITHDRAWN FROM THE WARD 3 RACE

As everybody knows, today was the deadline for all candidates to file their financial affairs forms if they intend to go forward with a campaign.

All candidates for ward 3 did except Rees but chose to withdraw without explanation.

Do not take my word for it but go look at the official reports from the DC Office of Campaign Finance!

As everybody knows, today was the deadline for all candidates to file their financial affairs forms if they intend to go forward with a campaign.

All candidates for ward 3 did except Rees but chose to withdraw without explanation.

Do not take my word for it but go look at the official reports from the DC Office of Campaign Finance!

I doubt that very much. Life is seldom this kind or just.

Edited by truthseeker

I doubt that very much. Life is seldom this kind or just.

I just came across this site (thanks R) and am completely and totally floored by Rees' antics. WOW.

I had the pleasure of going head to head vs. "Nikki Cox" before he/she/rees was banned from the Glover Park Yahoo group a couple months back. HOLY SH*T I had no idea how deep Rees' pyschosis could go. WOW.

Rock on.

P.S. Where's the link to see if Rees has withdrawn from the race? I see the requirements link from the dc gov site but not the actual report...

P.S.S. Ever have a feeling like you're in the middle of some twisted M.Knight Shyamalam movie? And the BIG twist at the end is that EVERY post on here is just Rees himself.. talking to himself? Like at the end of the movie he finds out that the reason all the IP addresses track back to him is because he's the only one! oh my goodness I'm frickin' out.

I think most of you are not too smart or think you know everything but this may be due to the fact that you cannot figure things out.

I can almost assure you that Rees had nothing to do with any of what you say.

If you had taken the time to know Rees and his operations you might have found that he has a group of volunteers but specifically there is this woman who runs a computer store where people go in and rent a computer sort to say and it is located in the Mt. Pleasant area of DC.

In this store is where all of the Reesist meet, go online and promote him.

Again, Rees is smart enough not to get involved and I would bet all of these IP addresses belongs to that woman who is a strong supporter of Rees and her girlfriends.

As for Rees dropping out. I doubt it as my sister who lives in the Quebec House said that some of the Reesist were delivering his flyer last night at her building and along Porter Street NW.

All of you again are being outsmarted but as easily as you are deceiving others you are being deceived.

I laugh at this in a way as this message board seems to enjoy attacking Rees but there are other boards out there attacking that other guy Brooks. This is politics at its best.

If you really live in my ward then you know that there is nowhere you can go where you do not see campaign posters and literature belonging to Rees but you see nothing from Brooks! Rees and his group are always out there and you can see it daily but not Brooks.

I am not taking sides but you cannot win a campaign from behind your computers as it is self evident that this message board is a bunch of Brooksist trying to bash Rees but as long as Rees has been for six months and continues to flood our ward with nice material, he will have an advantage.

I know one family in Glover Park that is very rich, well connected and they hate Sam Brooks and his campaign chair Tamela Gordon big time. I do not know if they are behind any candidate but they hate Brooks because they did not hide that when they had a reception at their home for Linda Cropp for Mayor. When Brooks ran last time, they worked against him.

Just like all of you claim not to be Sam Brooks and maybe so, I can assure you Rees is none of these names you see but it is probably his biggest support and her friends.

I just came across this site (thanks R) and am completely and totally floored by Rees' antics. WOW.

I had the pleasure of going head to head vs. "Nikki Cox" before he/she/rees was banned from the Glover Park Yahoo group a couple months back. HOLY SH*T I had no idea how deep Rees' pyschosis could go. WOW.

Rock on.

P.S. Where's the link to see if Rees has withdrawn from the race? I see the requirements link from the dc gov site but not the actual report...

P.S.S. Ever have a feeling like you're in the middle of some twisted M.Knight Shyamalam movie? And the BIG twist at the end is that EVERY post on here is just Rees himself.. talking to himself? Like at the end of the movie he finds out that the reason all the IP addresses track back to him is because he's the only one! oh my goodness I'm frickin' out.

Nice story with the 'computer store' that's very believable. How long did it take you to come up with that?

And Rees, you really should consider sitting down with your massive support force and well, giving them a grammar lesson. It's quite remarkable really, everyone in your little clan appears to make the same mistakes time after time. Or perhaps you're all a member of the same cult. Yes, that makes sense...in fact that seems to be the most plausible explanation to date.

By the way 'Joan', Rees has been involved in this himself and posted as himself on many occasions. He has also managed to slip up and reveal himself posing as other aliases.

So continue to live in your fantasy world, and if I may, excellent financial report (Oh, that's right you didn't file one). You claim you can't win a campaign from behind a computer? How do you plan to do it staying under the $500 limit? Those must be some GREAT posters.

And what happened to your yahoo group?? Unsatisfied with your 3 members?

I think most of you are not too smart or think you know everything but this may be due to the fact that you cannot figure things out.

I can almost assure you that Rees had nothing to do with any of what you say.

If you had taken the time to know Rees and his operations you might have found that he has a group of volunteers but specifically there is this woman who runs a computer store where people go in and rent a computer sort to say and it is located in the Mt. Pleasant area of DC.

In this store is where all of the Reesist meet, go online and promote him.

Again, Rees is smart enough not to get involved and I would bet all of these IP addresses belongs to that woman who is a strong supporter of Rees and her girlfriends.

As for Rees dropping out. I doubt it as my sister who lives in the Quebec House said that some of the Reesist were delivering his flyer last night at her building and along Porter Street NW.

All of you again are being outsmarted but as easily as you are deceiving others you are being deceived.

I laugh at this in a way as this message board seems to enjoy attacking Rees but there are other boards out there attacking that other guy Brooks. This is politics at its best.

If you really live in my ward then you know that there is nowhere you can go where you do not see campaign posters and literature belonging to Rees but you see nothing from Brooks! Rees and his group are always out there and you can see it daily but not Brooks.

I am not taking sides but you cannot win a campaign from behind your computers as it is self evident that this message board is a bunch of Brooksist trying to bash Rees but as long as Rees has been for six months and continues to flood our ward with nice material, he will have an advantage.

I know one family in Glover Park that is very rich, well connected and they hate Sam Brooks and his campaign chair Tamela Gordon big time. I do not know if they are behind any candidate but they hate Brooks because they did not hide that when they had a reception at their home for Linda Cropp for Mayor. When Brooks ran last time, they worked against him.

Just like all of you claim not to be Sam Brooks and maybe so, I can assure you Rees is none of these names you see but it is probably his biggest support and her friends.

Golden Girl go ahead and pass that lie off as I am not Rees nor want to be but you are not you but one of the many aliases aligned with the Brooks camp as your writing style is so identical to the other aliases posting here.

You need to go and check out the facts before you shoot off your mouth.

Most are not buying this game that everybody who posts here that does not say what Brooks wants to hear is Rees.

When you come to realize the foregoing then you will be better able to see who is coming at you but as long as you blind yourself that will hurt you.

An honest person sees through the Brookist as I do just like I see the Reesist.

I can walk out on the streets of our ward and I see nothing about Brooks but I see a hoard of stuff Rees has put out. That is reality...Start living Golden Girl because what I see is what voters see not what lies you want to spew out here in this small message board.

Nice story with the \'computer store\' that\'s very believable. How long did it take you to come up with that?

And Rees, you really should consider sitting down with your massive support force and well, giving them a grammar lesson. It\'s quite remarkable really, everyone in your little clan appears to make the same mistakes time after time. Or perhaps you\'re all a member of the same cult. Yes, that makes sense...in fact that seems to be the most plausible explanation to date.

By the way \'Joan\', Rees has been involved in this himself and posted as himself on many occasions. He has also managed to slip up and reveal himself posing as other aliases.

So continue to live in your fantasy world, and if I may, excellent financial report (Oh, that\'s right you didn\'t file one). You claim you can\'t win a campaign from behind a computer? How do you plan to do it staying under the $500 limit? Those must be some GREAT posters.

And what happened to your yahoo group?? Unsatisfied with your 3 members?

Maybe I missed something 'Joan'...what have I lied about?

What facts am I wrong about? Please, I would very much like to be enlightened...

Golden Girl go ahead and pass that lie off as I am not Rees nor want to be but you are not you but one of the many aliases aligned with the Brooks camp as your writing style is so identical to the other aliases posting here.

Most are not buying this game that everybody who posts here that does not say what Brooks wants to hear is Rees.

When you come to realize the foregoing then you will be better able to see who is coming at you but as long as you blind yourself that will hurt you.

I can walk out on the streets of our ward and I see nothing about Brooks but I see a hoard of stuff Rees has put out. That is reality...Start living Golden Girl because what I see is what voters see not what lies you want to spew out here in this small message board.

Your first lie was I am not Rees nor affiliated with him.

Second lie is, you make accusations without checking out the facts.

That computer store I spoke of is called Express Business Center. It is owned by the Carlo & Luna families who are Puerto Ricans.

The biggest supporters of Rees are the 1,400 Hispanic voters in Ward 3 and his team of volunteers are Hispanics and Blacks from around DC. If you had been out and watched when the Reesists are on the campaign trail, then you would have seen this.

People like you need to start accepting the fact that not everybody here is a Brooksist or Reesist but others like me who rather tell it as we really see it out there on the campaign trail if you want to call it that.

Maybe I missed something \'Joan\'...what have I lied about?

What facts am I wrong about? Please, I would very much like to be enlightened...

Joan,

How is it that you have posted from two separate IP addresses in a VERY short period of time? What are you trying to hide by using an IP Proxy from Scottsdale, AZ and then from Boca Raton, FL? The tell-tale slashes (///) in your post give you away.

It's sort of funny and sad, but I have not seen any new Rees campaign materials on the light posts, or in car windows, despite the claims and promises that "Team Rees" would be out in force after January 3rd.

I would also add that I do not see other posters here bringing up Mr. Brooks. That afflicition only exists with Mr. Rees and "his supporters".

B. Frank

Your first lie was I am not Rees nor affiliated with him.

Second lie is, you make accusations without checking out the facts.

That computer store I spoke of is called Express Business Center. It is owned by the Carlo & Luna families who are Puerto Ricans.

The biggest supporters of Rees are the 1,400 Hispanic voters in Ward 3 and his team of volunteers are Hispanics and Blacks from around DC. If you had been out and watched when the Reesists are on the campaign trail, then you would have seen this.

People like you need to start accepting the fact that not everybody here is a Brooksist or Reesist but others like me who rather tell it as we really see it out there on the campaign trail if you want to call it that.

I am posting from the same IP address.

I do not know where you have been Bfrank but I see those posters on upper Connecticut Avenue, along Wisconsin Avenue, Western Avenue and I know Rees has a deal with Charles E. Smith & Company to give his campaign access to all their buildings which are normally off bounds for socilitations.

About 40% of all voters live inside apartment buildings that are off limits to solicitors but Rees I know got a deal as my resident manager told me so.

I am living in the real world Bfrank and just stating what I know to be a fact and not taking sides.

Joan,

How is it that you have posted from two separate IP addresses in a VERY short period of time? What are you trying to hide by using an IP Proxy from Scottsdale, AZ and then from Boca Raton, FL? The tell-tale slashes (///) in your post give you away.

It\'s sort of funny and sad, but I have not seen any new Rees campaign materials on the light posts, or in car windows, despite the claims and promises that \"Team Rees\" would be out in force after January 3rd.

I would also add that I do not see other posters here bringing up Mr. Brooks. That afflicition only exists with Mr. Rees and \"his supporters\".

B. Frank

You have used two IP addresses today, both of them Proxy IP's.

Neither are local bona fide ISP IP addresses. Further, your posts have the coding errors created by proxy servers. What are you trying to hide?

I have been all over Ward 3, and have not seen any new Rees materials.

B. Frank

This has gone from annoying to infuriating to absurd to utterly pathetic. It's just sad now. He/They really truly believe they're still fooling anyone. I find this tragic more than anything.

PS: For those who have been following this story (reporters), note the use of certain specific non-standard phrases in this and his other posts under this new alias. Dead giveaway. I'm not printing them, but you all know what they are by now. Pathetic.

I do not know where you have been Bfrank but I see those posters on upper Connecticut Avenue, along Wisconsin Avenue, Western Avenue and I know Rees has a deal with Charles E. Smith & Company to give his campaign access to all their buildings which are normally off bounds for socilitations.

About 40% of all voters live inside apartment buildings that are off limits to solicitors but Rees I know got a deal as my resident manager told me so.

I am living in the real world Bfrank and just stating what I know to be a fact and not taking sides.

GIVE IT UP. The IP addresses posted at the top of this board have definitively revealed, for anyone who knows anything about computers, the massive improprieties that have gone on here. It's over, dude. You're just embarassing yourself now.

.....I know Rees has a deal with Charles E. Smith & Company to give his campaign access to all their buildings which are normally off bounds for socilitations.

Someone please contact Charles E. Smith and Co. and follow up on this. It sounds like another fabrication, but if it's not, they've got some explainng to do. Allowing just one candidate to violate the no-solicitation rule is totally NOT okay.

From today's "themail" courtesy of DC Watch:

###############

Anatomy of a Political Campaign

Jonathan R. Rees, jrrees@peoplepc.com

Coca Cola said it would never give away its' secret formula but I will

on what I believe will in time prove to be a trend in DC political

campaigning. If you were a political candidate running for city council

how much money would you need? Maybe $5k, $10k, $20K, $30k or none of

the above?

What if you erected a web site and you just happened to have the

current and accurate E-mail addresses of 11,000 Ward 3 voters, plus you have

the E-mail addresses of Ward 3 voters you obtained from local groups that

like you. How much would it cost you to send an E-mail directing you to

their campaign web site? Right. It would cost you nothing! For the mere

cost of erecting your own web site and having between eleven to fifteen

thousand E-mail addresses to registered voters, you can run a campaign

for near nothing.

This approach, along with a small amount of mini-flyers, has netted me

around 12,400 hits to my web site. This approach allows me to reach

voters as often as I want and at no cost! This is my campaign, and my

goal is to show all that you do not need a fancy campaign office, paid

staffers, fancy yard signs, or any of the other trappings of the past.

My approach is different. I do not run around town professing to have a

secret formula to win with, I am not cuddling up or rubbing shoulders

with the Democratic party elite, I do not attend any of the socials the

politicos throw, but I just quietly do my thing and humbly present me

and what I have to offer and will allow the voters to decide. This is

Rees for DC City Council Ward 3 in a nutshell.

###############

So Mr. Rees is going to SPAM all of Ward 3 on an incessant basis? This will garner goodwill among the electorate.

I want to know what group or groups supplied him with the "current and accurate E-mail addresses" for free.

B. Frank

My personal favorite...

"Coca Cola said it would never give away its' secret formula but I will on what I believe will in time prove to be a trend in DC political

campaigning."

Then for the climax 2 paragraphs later...

"I do not run around town professing to have a secret formula to win with"

Can't even carry out a solid thought in one posting. No wonder Jonathan Rees has so much trouble keeping up with all of his aliases.

Edited by golden girl

My personal favorite...

"Coca Cola said it would never give away its' secret formula but I will on what I believe will in time prove to be a trend in DC political

campaigning."

Then for the climax 2 paragraphs later...

"I do not run around town professing to have a secret formula to win with"

Can't even carry out a solid thought in one posting. No wonder Jonathan Rees has so much trouble keeping up with all of his aliases.

Email campaigns, websites, fliers....secret formulas?

Rees "secret" is this: One night he woke up suddenly from a dream where he imagined himself duplicated a thousand times. He imagined little mini-Reeses running all over the city posting fliers and talking to people. He woke up and thought, "I CAN DO THAT! I'll create aliases that will be like me, but they won't be! The genius here will be that the name of people that post theses message will be different from my own. I can be a hundred people and no one will know! I'm a GENIUS!"

Grassroots campaigns and unprecedented support via the internet is something Dean pulled off for his campaign. That worked because Dean was actually a semi-sane person with a message.

-a

I think Rees used the word "erected" twice.. that's funny to me.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.