Washington DC Message Boards

Who Cares Who Wins The Ward 3 City Council Race

All of you are out of date as to who is running for the ward 3 city council seat. Let me give you jerks the run down:

1. ROBERT GORDON - Robert has probably the larger war chest to run his campaign but only a small number of volunteers;

2. JONATHAN REES - Jonathan probably has the biggest number of volunteers who give him an advantage of ward wide coverage which none of the other candidates can match;

3. MARY CHEH - Mary has a modest campaign with a modest amount of money and volunteers but her strenght will be in the GLBT community where she has been a legal advocate for these people;

4. SAM BROOKS - Sam should have been a Republican as his campaign to date has been nothing but a bunch of dirty tricks, lies and using the internet as he has under so many phony names to besmirch others solely to gain some recogntion but otherwise, he has no real campaign active as of yet;

5. JEFF GILDENHORN - Jeff pulled out of the race last week;

6 Mrs. School Board whose name I can t recall will be minor contender.

This is the current line up of candidates.

I see GORDON and REES being with time, neck and neck to the finish line.

As for the race for Mayor, I see Adrian Fenty pulling it off by the hair of his chinny chin chin unless he makes a major mistake or the media comes out with something bad about him, and yes Mr. Frank, Fenty is a theif and you can call taking other people s money for your own use as STEALING even if you want to give it a fancy name or excuse it but in lay terms, it is STEALING what he did.

As for council chair, who knows who will pull it off.

I have never seen so much squabbling over this stupid ward 3 race on many message boards and most comes from FRANK under different FRANKS and he needs to stop as he his making a jackass out of himself but I am incline to agree that the real person is Sam Brooks and none other.

Angela,

I've been following this for quite some time now. You mention that Brooks employs dirty tricks, yet fail to produce any evidence to prove so. I've personally seen Jonathan Rees use multiple aliases on DCist's comment boards, and can only imagine by the similarities in style on these posts that he is also doing so here. Be careful before you start throwing around accusations.

Martin Austermuhle

Editor-in-Chief, DCist.com

All of you are out of date as to who is running for the ward 3 city council seat. Let me give you jerks the run down:

1. ROBERT GORDON - Robert has probably the larger war chest to run his campaign but only a small number of volunteers;

2. JONATHAN REES - Jonathan probably has the biggest number of volunteers who give him an advantage of ward wide coverage which none of the other candidates can match;

3. MARY CHEH - Mary has a modest campaign with a modest amount of money and volunteers but her strenght will be in the GLBT community where she has been a legal advocate for these people;

4. SAM BROOKS - Sam should have been a Republican as his campaign to date has been nothing but a bunch of dirty tricks, lies and using the internet as he has under so many phony names to besmirch others solely to gain some recogntion but otherwise, he has no real campaign active as of yet;

5. JEFF GILDENHORN - Jeff pulled out of the race last week;

6 Mrs. School Board whose name I can t recall will be minor contender.

This is the current line up of candidates.

I see GORDON and REES being with time, neck and neck to the finish line.

As for the race for Mayor, I see Adrian Fenty pulling it off by the hair of his chinny chin chin unless he makes a major mistake or the media comes out with something bad about him, and yes Mr. Frank, Fenty is a theif and you can call taking other people s money for your own use as STEALING even if you want to give it a fancy name or excuse it but in lay terms, it is STEALING what he did.

As for council chair, who knows who will pull it off.

I have never seen so much squabbling over this stupid ward 3 race on many message boards and most comes from FRANK under different FRANKS and he needs to stop as he his making a jackass out of himself but I am incline to agree that the real person is Sam Brooks and none other.

Martin,

If I may put my two cents worth in, I think if you examine the writing style of Sam Brooks to Bfrankdc, Truthseeker and a few others here, you will see what some of us do.

I think what is really happening here is that loyalists to both camps are the people behind this online crap but the candidates are not directly involved but MAYBE are having other real people acting as their alter ego or actually posting for them under their screen name.

I think Ms. Brannon is trying to lead us to getting down to issues but everybody else wants to continue this pissing contest.

Martin,

If I may put my two cents worth in, I think if you examine the writing style of Sam Brooks to Bfrankdc, Truthseeker and a few others here, you will see what some of us do.

I think what is really happening here is that loyalists to both camps are the people behind this online crap but the candidates are not directly involved but MAYBE are having other real people acting as their alter ego or actually posting for them under their screen name.

I think Ms. Brannon is trying to lead us to getting down to issues but everybody else wants to continue this pissing contest.

Then go right ahead "M'am." I dare you. I DARE you to bring up an actual relevant Ward 3 issue in a substantive, civil and intelligent manner. Keep in mind that writing "Sam Brooks Is A Lazy Bum" or "Sam Brooks is Jealous" does NOT constitute "getting down to issues." And merely re-posting your attempted press releases here doesn't either, Rees. Let's see YOU stopname-calling and START discussing the "issues" as you see them. If you think you're doing a better job of it than Brooks, then prove it. Be a man, Rees. Let's see how what an intelligent visionary leader you'll REALLY make.

Instead, I expect more cruel and pointless blather, more sloganeering and deceit, all of which will arrive by way of your fictional minions. Prove me wrong, "M'am." If you're capable of it.

Most of the issues of concern to District residents are now being addressed by our council.

Our ward candidates are on public record of supporting more or less the same thing and their only differences is the way they want to go about achieving things.

Yeah, I do agree that Sam Brooks is a lazy bum, everything he posts on his site has been copied from others and nothing is his own doing and I also think that Jonathan Rees is a lot smarter than him but at the same time, I think that he needs to explain why he has kept Sam Brooks out of the meetings between the various candidates and what his motive is for that.

Then go right ahead "M'am." I dare you. I DARE you to bring up an actual relevant Ward 3 issue in a substantive, civil and intelligent manner. Keep in mind that writing "Sam Brooks Is A Lazy Bum" or "Sam Brooks is Jealous" does NOT constitute "getting down to issues." And merely re-posting your attempted press releases here doesn't either, Rees. Let's see YOU stopname-calling and START discussing the "issues" as you see them. If you think you're doing a better job of it than Brooks, then prove it. Be a man, Rees. Let's see how what an intelligent visionary leader you'll REALLY make.

Instead, I expect more cruel and pointless blather, more sloganeering and deceit, all of which will arrive by way of your fictional minions. Prove me wrong, "M'am." If you're capable of it.

As a matter of fact, I spoke to two of the other candidates and they too are not interested in dealing with Sam Brooks and called him an opportunist who would run back to ward 2 tomorrow and run there if Jack Evans would resign over his current financial woes.

There is just this negativism against Sam Brooks and his having jumped into our ward will probably be made an issue by the other candidates and media.

Most of the issues of concern to District residents are now being addressed by our council.

Our ward candidates are on public record of supporting more or less the same thing and their only differences is the way they want to go about achieving things.

Yeah, I do agree that Sam Brooks is a lazy bum, everything he posts on his site has been copied from others and nothing is his own doing and I also think that Jonathan Rees is a lot smarter than him but at the same time, I think that he needs to explain why he has kept Sam Brooks out of the meetings between the various candidates and what his motive is for that.

Yep. Just as I predicted. When asked to "focus on the issues", as he's begun saying, he wriggled right out of it.

I think four of the candidates have a lenghty record of where they stand on key issues of concern and you need to spend some time research that sir.

If you're not going to "focus on the issues" on this board that quit wasting everyone's time by coming on here and bemoaning the fact that no one is focusing on the issues.

Let the DCPages record show, then, that Rees - when asked to focus on the issues as he's advocated himself here so many times - categorically declined.

Yet more visionary campaigning ;-)

Good night, all.

I am not Rees so why are you asking people to see that Rees is not focusing when he is not here and I am not him.

This is stupid.

I cannot speak on any issue for any of the candidates as I am not them nor authorized to do so.

If you're not going to "focus on the issues" on this board that quit wasting everyone's time by coming on here and bemoaning the fact that no one is focusing on the issues.

Let the DCPages record show, then, that Rees - when asked to focus on the issues as he's advocated himself here so many times - categorically declined.

Yet more visionary campaigning ;-)

Good night, all.

I fail to see any of the candidates here expressing their view on any issue and there may be a reason for that and you need to ask them why..............!

I am not Rees so why are you asking people to see that Rees is not focusing when he is not here and I am not him.

This is stupid.

I cannot speak on any issue for any of the candidates as I am not them nor authorized to do so.

I fail to see any of the candidates here expressing their view on any issue and there may be a reason for that and you need to ask them why..............!

Nor are they on here complaining, like you have, that "no one is focussing on the issues." More circular logic, (the hallmark of several of the scarier listings in the DSM-IV.) I don't blame them for not bothering with this board. It's a horrorshow. No REAL candidate would sink this low. I regret being here myself. So off I go.

We regret having you here Sam Brooks and don't forget to tell people how you attacked Kwame Brown and Harold Brazil two or more years ago and how others attacked you long before Rees ever came on the scene.

Please don't forget your history Sam.

Nor are they on here complaining, like you have, that "no one is focussing on the issues." More circular logic, (the hallmark of several of the scarier listings in the DSM-IV.) I don't blame them for not bothering with this board. It's a horrorshow. No REAL candidate would sink this low. I regret being here myself. So off I go.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.