Washington DC Message Boards

A Bfranckdc Free 2006.....

So, contrary to your initial post, you didn't come here as a disinterested party.

With respect to the other stuff....Yawn.

B. Frank

We all live in the same neighborhood and we all know who she is but since you do not live in GP then that might be a surprise to you.

I believe that others suspected there was some tie between them and that Yahoo group had a picture of them together on it!

I am not as interested in the same things you might be but I will say it again; that when you live in a part of this ward as long as I have, you get to know who is who especially when some people go out of their way to want you to know them.

Case in point. Rees has never attended any ANC commission meeting but some of those others you speak of have and have stood out with their questions.

How many people where you live do you know or who stand out like a sore thumb?

So, contrary to your initial post, you didn\'t come here as a disinterested party.

With respect to the other stuff....Yawn.

B. Frank

I don't know...I suppose out of the 3500 or so people in what would be considered "my" neighborhood, probably 2/3 to 3/4 know me, or at least know my name. All of the local civic leaders know me as well as the ANC Commissioners.

Maybe this neighborhood is unusally close-knit. Then again, I have lived here since 1970, so that may have something to do with it.

By the way, none of my friends who are active in Glover Park politics know anything about Angela or Leona (aka "missgloverpark"). These are people who show up at ALL the ANC3B meetings, who are involved with the bar expansion fights, the Metro fights and the Stoddard fights.

Maybe I am in the wrong loop?

B. Frank

Case in point. Rees has never attended any ANC commission meeting but some of those others you speak of have and have stood out with their questions.

Edited by bfrankdc

The Stoddard fights is No# 1 issue at this time.

Well, I have seen them at the meetings many times but the number of people attending has been going down and down since there is great unhappiness with the commissioners.

Our ANC breaks out often in heated arguments between the commissioner to the point it has become worthless going there.

I don\'t know...I suppose out of the 3500 or so people in what would be considered \"my\" neighborhood, probably 2/3 to 3/4 know me, or at least know my name. All of the local civic leaders know me as well as the ANC Commissioners.

Maybe this neighborhood is unusally close-knit. Then again, I have lived here since 1970, so that may have something to do with it.

By the way, none of my friends who are active in Glover Park politics know anything about Angela or Leona (aka \"missgloverpark\"). These are people who show up at ALL the ANC3B meetings, who are involved with the bar expansion fights, the Metro fights and the Stoddard fights.

Maybe I am in the wrong loop?

B. Frank

Tammy,

I noticed that you said here that Mr. Rees has never attended an ANC meeting. What kind of credibility,or political astuteness does it show to never attend an ANC meeting when one is running for a Ward wide seat. Indeed, others who will be running for the seat will have blocks of votes based at least on their "home" district. I would think that Mr. Rees would want to develop some kind of base of a few thousand votes to launch a more credible showing in polls leading up to the election.

Also, I noticed that your posts seem to have that tell-tale /// indicating that you are posting from a proxy IP address.

Are you hiding something that would make you want to shield this?

B. Frank

Dear Bfrank,

I do not know why Rees never attended any ANC meeting and you may be right that he is short changing himself from a block of votes.

All I know of his activities is that he does go to other kinds of community meetings but mainly those that are non-political.

I am guessing his campaign is one where he takes his case directly to voters one on one sort to say and not in groups.

What will be the result of his approach only time will tell.

The only overt thing that Rees does is his heavy distribution of flyers to my knowledge. Is that having an impact on voters? If his website is any indication then a lot have looked at it but what they are thinking nobody knows or at least my friends like it.

Are you a political pundit?

Tammy,

I noticed that you said here that Mr. Rees has never attended an ANC meeting. What kind of credibility,or political astuteness does it show to never attend an ANC meeting when one is running for a Ward wide seat. Indeed, others who will be running for the seat will have blocks of votes based at least on their \"home\" district. I would think that Mr. Rees would want to develop some kind of base of a few thousand votes to launch a more credible showing in polls leading up to the election.

Also, I noticed that your posts seem to have that tell-tale /// indicating that you are posting from a proxy IP address.

Are you hiding something that would make you want to shield this?

B. Frank

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.