Washington DC Message Boards

A Bfranckdc Free 2006.....

I hope that 2006 will be free of that hateful person Bfrankdc who has offered nothing to this board other than his hateful remarks as he surely hasn't offered anything positive and we should be free of his hatred, lies and so on.

This message board needs to be free of this jerk off Bfrankdc so we can start discussing the important issues that will be subject of debate as we get closer to the September 2006 primaries.

So Bfrankdc, take your BS somewhere else!

I hope that 2006 will be free of that hateful person Bfrankdc who has offered nothing to this board other than his hateful remarks as he surely hasn't offered anything positive and we should be free of his hatred, lies and so on.

This message board needs to be free of this jerk off Bfrankdc so we can start discussing the important issues that will be subject of debate as we get closer to the September 2006 primaries.

So Bfrankdc, take your BS somewhere else!

I'm personally hoping for MORE of Mr. Frank's posts. And any posts by anyone dedicated to countering lies, malfeasance and propaganda. Until the press (and this boards moderator) starts doing it, it's up to the citizenry to challenge JR's campaign against reality with fact. He's not just embarassing himself, he's turning a very important campaign into a sideshow. Accusing people who disagree with your shabby tactics of being part of some cabal (belcher, Adler, Frank, Brooks, "a female lawyer", etc etc) is not just crazy, it's fascistic.

As the old political bromide goes, sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Please take responsibility for your own actions, Rees, and stop inflicting this manic nonsense on the rest of us.

Truthseeker whoever you are, and I suspect you are probably just another alias for SAM BROOKS, Rees isn't doing any of the things you are accusing him of and I have to agree with James Ray Smith the less we hear from all of Brook's aliases and get onto the issues the happier we all will be.

I'm personally hoping for MORE of Mr. Frank's posts. And any posts by anyone dedicated to countering lies, malfeasance and propaganda. Until the press (and this boards moderator) starts doing it, it's up to the citizenry to challenge JR's campaign against reality with fact. He's not just embarassing himself, he's turning a very important campaign into a sideshow. Accusing people who disagree with your shabby tactics of being part of some cabal (belcher, Adler, Frank, Brooks, "a female lawyer", etc etc) is not just crazy, it's fascistic.

As the old political bromide goes, sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Please take responsibility for your own actions, Rees, and stop inflicting this manic nonsense on the rest of us.

Well, if it is the same person who posted at DCist on the Crime blog, then I don't care what he says, it is a sick person....

Has Rees been banned from every respectable blog and Listserv in the City? (Well, with Craigslist, I guess it is broader than city)?

B. Frank

Edited by bfrankdc

Well, if it is the same person who posted at DCist on the Crime blog, then I don't care what he says, it is a sick person....

Has Rees been banned from every respectable blog and Listserv in the City? (Well, with Craigslist, I guess it is broader than city)?

B. Frank

CL tries to keep up (I've actually corresponded briefly with Mr. Newmark about his efforts to do so. Not very happy was he about The Unnameable One's bragging about intentionally violating CL rules (calling it a "smart marketing ploy" on DCist.) They ban The U. O. repeatedly, but with only mixed longterm result. Y'know...on accounta MissJohnAngelaParks congenital tendency to sneakiness. The l'il proxie pixie ;-)

I also saw the post on DCist today. Shameful, but not surprising.

(Update: DCist just took that racist post down. See, THAT's good board moderation.)

Love,

NSB, NBF

Edited by truthseeker

Keep on telling yourself that you are not Sam Brooks and you might start believing your own lie!

In other words, who cares who you really are.

CL tries to keep up (I've actually corresponded briefly with Mr. Newmark about his efforts to do so. Not very happy was he about The Unnameable One's bragging about intentionally violating CL rules (calling it a "smart marketing ploy" on DCist.) They ban The U. O. repeatedly, but with only mixed longterm result. Y'know...on accounta MissJohnAngelaParks congenital tendency to sneakiness. The l'il proxie pixie ;-)

I also saw the post on DCist today. Shameful, but not surprising.

(Update: DCist just took that racist post down. See, THAT's good board moderation.)

Love,

NSB, NBF

For those who are curious, I have banned Mr. Rees from commenting on DCist. He has been proven to used a number of aliases, and often resorts to insulting us and our readers.

Martin Austermuhle

Editor-in-Chief, DCist

Keep on telling yourself that you are not Sam Brooks and you might start believing your own lie!

In other words, who cares who you really are.

Dear Mr. DCist Martin,

While you have the right to do what you said, by your coming here and making an issues of it sounds to me that you are acting more out of vindictiveness than anything else as I am sure everyone at one time or another has been a jerk here online.

I am sure many people have posted on your message board under various aliases, have been offensive but how many of them have you banned or is your choice to ban Mr. Rees more selective because possibly you disagree with his politics or favor an opponent?

Your posting this is suspicious at best. It is not necessary.

For those who are curious, I have banned Mr. Rees from commenting on DCist. He has been proven to used a number of aliases, and often resorts to insulting us and our readers.

Martin Austermuhle

Editor-in-Chief, DCist

Tammy,

Bfrank above asked if Rees had been banned from any other listserves or comments boards. He has. I think the information concerning his use of multiple aliases and multiple IP addresses is extremely relevant, given the fact that most of the comments on these pages revolve around one side accusing the other of using fake names. From the style of writing involved, I firmly believe the majority of pro-Rees comments are Rees himself.

Martin Austermuhle

Dear Mr. DCist Martin,

While you have the right to do what you said, by your coming here and making an issues of it sounds to me that you are acting more out of vindictiveness than anything else as I am sure everyone at one time or another has been a jerk here online.

I am sure many people have posted on your message board under various aliases, have been offensive but how many of them have you banned or is your choice to ban Mr. Rees more selective because possibly you disagree with his politics or favor an opponent?

Your posting this is suspicious at best. It is not necessary.

Understood but my reading of these matters would suggest that the otherside is just as guilty.

So are we able to move on and address issues, where the candidates stand on them and then be able to decide which one running for various offices should get our blessings?

Tammy,

Bfrank above asked if Rees had been banned from any other listserves or comments boards. He has. I think the information concerning his use of multiple aliases and multiple IP addresses is extremely relevant, given the fact that most of the comments on these pages revolve around one side accusing the other of using fake names. From the style of writing involved, I firmly believe the majority of pro-Rees comments are Rees himself.

Martin Austermuhle

I'm all for that, if we can get MissGloverPark, Angela Brannon, Bfrank, Truthseeker, and James Ray Smith in on the pact.

Understood but my reading of these matters would suggest that the otherside is just as guilty.

So are we able to move on and address issues, where the candidates stand on them and then be able to decide which one running for various offices should get our blessings?

This is all interesting except that I am not Mr. Brooks as the Rees-ists have continually alleged, nor do I have any relationship with any political candidate.

You have never seen a post of mine that supports a political candidate, particularly Mr. Brooks. Tammy, since you seem to think I have been negating one candidate at the expense of another ("Understood but my reading of these matters would suggest that the otherside is just as guilty".) I am wondering where I have been an advocate of any political candidate?

My posts have been mostly tryin to spurn the lies and maliciousness that Mr. Rees and his "advocates" have created here and at DCist.

As noted by my other posts today, I am all for rational political discourse on issues affecting me and the Ward and City in which I live.

B. Frank

I do not read what you say the Reesist have said as being lies but when you go after someone as you did, any reasonable person would quickly believe under the circumstances you are acting on behalf of an opponent.

You would have been better off saying nothing but demanding answers to issues instead of appearing to be engaging in character assination.

This is all interesting except that I am not Mr. Brooks as the Rees-ists have continually alleged, nor do I have any relationship with any political candidate.

You have never seen a post of mine that supports a political candidate, particularly Mr. Brooks. Tammy, since you seem to think I have been negating one candidate at the expense of another ("Understood but my reading of these matters would suggest that the otherside is just as guilty".) I am wondering where I have been an advocate of any political candidate?

My posts have been mostly tryin to spurn the lies and maliciousness that Mr. Rees and his "advocates" have created here and at DCist.

As noted by my other posts today, I am all for rational political discourse on issues affecting me and the Ward and City in which I live.

B. Frank

Tammy,

What ANC are you a member of?

I do not read what you say the Reesist have said as being lies but when you go after someone as you did, any reasonable person would quickly believe under the circumstances you are acting on behalf of an opponent.

You would have been better off saying nothing but demanding answers to issues instead of appearing to be engaging in character assination.

Must......not............post. Must....not.....post

xo,

NSB, NBF

Well, the record on DC Pages (here) and DCist are pretty clear...you can see how things transpired yourself.

Basically, the MO is that Mr. Rees starts posting on a message board, and then creates aliases to support "that Rees" guy. Then by pissing off the regular readers of said message board, the moderators jump in. When writing styles, syntax and IP addresses are examined, things degenerate pretty quickly.

This leads to many doing investigations into "that Rees guy" which, well, has been interesting to say the least. I cannot wait for the City Paper and other traditional print jhournalists to publish their exposes.

Case in point, if you go back to October or so you will see how things started here. I only got involved when Blogs that I followed were inundated. You can go to the various neighborhood Listserves to see how things transpired, say at the Tenley, Glover Park, etc Yahoo Groups. The posts are all there for the record. There are easily over 100 aliases that Mr. Rees has created here, at DCist and elsewhere.

Really it is more about being an incoherent spammer than anything to do with politics.

B. Frank

This is something many candidates for years have done but just in a different form.

Some will put supporters in the crowd at a debate, public speech and some put hecklers there.

Marion Barry did it, Adrian Fenty did it in his first campaign and so have others. This is the business of politics if not a new form of showmanship.

Why are you getting so bent out of shape over something they all do in varying forms?

Well, the record on DC Pages (here) and DCist are pretty clear...you can see how things transpired yourself.

Basically, the MO is that Mr. Rees starts posting on a message board, and then creates aliases to support "that Rees" guy. Then by pissing off the regular readers of said message board, the moderators jump in. When writing styles, syntax and IP addresses are examined, things degenerate pretty quickly.

This leads to many doing investigations into "that Rees guy" which, well, has been interesting to say the least. I cannot wait for the City Paper and other traditional print jhournalists to publish their exposes.

Case in point, if you go back to October or so you will see how things started here. I only got involved when Blogs that I followed were inundated. You can go to the various neighborhood Listserves to see how things transpired, say at the Tenley, Glover Park, etc Yahoo Groups. The posts are all there for the record. There are easily over 100 aliases that Mr. Rees has created here, at DCist and elsewhere.

Really it is more about being an incoherent spammer than anything to do with politics.

B. Frank

I think the bigger question is why are Rees and all of his "supporters" so bent out of shape about it?

Besides, since this is THE only place where "they" have to post messages, as Yahoo, Craigslist and now DCist have banned the Rees's. Heck, someone said Yahoo even deleted his own message board he was so bad.

The thing that gets me are the outright lies.

B. Frank

Dear Bfrank,

Again it could just be a marketing style Rees uses.

Look at it this way; He got your attention and has kept it to the point it has become an obsession for you. Right?

Well guess what? You let Rees get the best of you and in the minds of some, that is a style some like to see in a politician, lawyer or salesman because he got out of you what he wanted and that may in the eyes of others make you look weak.

B. Frank

Dear Bfrank,

Are you speaking of that Yahoo group started by Ms. Thelma Cumes?

If you are, Yahoo did not close it down she did.

Don't you know who Ms. Thelma Cumes is? That is Rees chief clinical supervisor overseeing matters at all the clinics his business manages. I thought everybody knew that?

Dear Bfrank,

Again it could just be a marketing style Rees uses.

Look at it this way; He got your attention and has kept it to the point it has become an obsession for you. Right?

Well guess what? You let Rees get the best of you and in the minds of some, that is a style some like to see in a politician, lawyer or salesman because he got out of you what he wanted and that may in the eyes of others make you look weak.

Oh, I think that is only something that someone VERY close to Mr. Rees would know. Gee, for someone who came to these boards as a disinterested party, you seem to know alot.

B. Frank

Don't you know who Ms. Thelma Cumes is? That is Rees chief clinical supervisor overseeing matters at all the clinics his business manages. I thought everybody knew that?

Assuming what you say is true and I will say it again, you allowed him to get the best of you by the way you reacted and that might be seen by some that you are just as unbalanced as him.

B. Frank

Assuming what you say is true and I will say it again, you allowed him to get the best of you by the way you reacted and that might be seen by some that you are just as unbalanced as him.

B. Frank

We all live in the same neighborhood and we all know who she is but since you do not live in GP then that might be a surprise to you.

I believe that others suspected there was some tie between them and that Yahoo group had a picture of them together on it!

Oh, I think that is only something that someone VERY close to Mr. Rees would know. Gee, for someone who came to these boards as a disinterested party, you seem to know alot.

B. Frank

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.