Washington DC Message Boards

FENTY & BROOKS OFFENDED ALL WASHINGTONIANS OVER 45

I do not care who wins our mayor s race or ward three race as long as it is not ADRIAN FENTY and SAM BROOKS as they are on public record of offending all Washingtonians 45 years or older with their remarks about DC s future not being one for us who are 45 or older.

FENTY & BROOKS are men who have an age discriminatory mentality in the words they utter, FENTY has stoloen the money of our oldest citizens and BROOKS has refused to raise a finger for our elderly and I hope as these campaigns go forward that the media reminds all of these two **smile**!

Luke,

If you contact WTOP radio then they can provide you with a recorded transcript of the confrontation between Mayor Williams and Councilman Fenty over Fenty\'s remarks about older people and his alleged misappropriation of older clients. I heard it live and I think WTOP would give you a free copy.

I do not care who wins our mayor s race or ward three race as long as it is not ADRIAN FENTY and SAM BROOKS as they are on public record of offending all Washingtonians 45 years or older with their remarks about DC s future not being one for us who are 45 or older.

FENTY & BROOKS are men who have an age discriminatory mentality in the words they utter, FENTY has stoloen the money of our oldest citizens and BROOKS has refused to raise a finger for our elderly and I hope as these campaigns go forward that the media reminds all of these two **smile**!

Luke,

If you contact Eric Weiss at the Washington Post, I believe that he can fill you in on the story they did about Fenty stealing money from elderly clients when in private law practice.

Luke,

I too recall it. Mayor Williams was on the show, Fenty called in and that is when the mayor went on Fenty. I will call a friend of mine to narrow down that date.

Luke,

If you contact Eric Weiss at the Washington Post, I believe that he can fill you in on the story they did about Fenty stealing money from elderly clients when in private law practice.

I'm sure it's obvious to all who "James Ray Smith" is. You're embarassing yourself, JR. As usual.

Sure, try contacting WTOP or the WashPost. It's a wild goose chase, as this never happened. Repeating lies incessantly does not make them true. And never will.

Truthseeker, we all know you are SAM BROOKS who spends most of his day home on his computer because he is unemployed and has not done a thing while his rivals are already on the campaign trail. Get off your lazy ass Sam and get out and meet people.

I'm sure it's obvious to all who "James Ray Smith" is. You're embarassing yourself, JR. As usual.

Sure, try contacting WTOP or the WashPost. It's a wild goose chase, as this never happened. Repeating lies incessantly does not make them true. And never will.

Amazing that James Ray Smith, MissGloverPark and Jason Rees all recall hearing this, yet none can specify the approximate date, even to the month.

I guess that is what happens when you live in a fantasy world.

B. Frank

Luke,

Amazing that James Ray Smith, MissGloverPark and Jason Rees all recall hearing this, yet none can specify the approximate date, even to the month.

I guess that is what happens when you live in a fantasy world.

B. Frank

Yes, someone please DO contact the Washington Post. Then, when they hear why you're asking, they'll likely start doing the long-overdue story exposing Rees' behavior and background. I'm beggin' ya people. Call and ask Mr. Weiss about the Fenty story and see what he says...after the laughter subsides.

PLEASE DO CALL THE WASHINGTON POST AND MAYOR WILLIAMS OFFICE ABOUT THE STORY WHERE FENTY ADMITTED TO STEALING MONEY FROM CLIENTS BUT HAVING GIVEN IT BACK.

Yes, someone please DO contact the Washington Post. Then, when they hear why you\'re asking, they\'ll likely start doing the long-overdue story exposing Rees\' behavior and background. I\'m beggin\' ya people. Call and ask Mr. Weiss about the Fenty story and see what he says...after the laughter subsides.

This story was in the Post a few months back. Apparently, Fenty did not represent the interests of an elderly client he was charged with serving, but admitted guilt and paid required fines. I doubt this will play a big role in the campaign, though.

Martin Austermuhle

Editor-in-Chief, DCist.com

I spoke to a friend on the Metro Desk who said it was news to him, but I guess you will have to take my word for it.

B. Frank

Thanks Martin,

I guess the way I phrased the question to my friend at the Post was in the context as alleged by Rees, not as proven by the article you posted. This is probably why it was news to my friend.

B. Frank

This story was in the Post a few months back. Apparently, Fenty did not represent the interests of an elderly client he was charged with serving, but admitted guilt and paid required fines. I doubt this will play a big role in the campaign, though.

Martin Austermuhle

Editor-in-Chief, DCist.com

Edited by bfrankdc

• 4 weeks later...

Hello...I just joined the forum, as I am interested in reading dialogue about political and civic issues in the city.

The article concerning Mr. Fenty's misappropriation of funds from his elderly client appeared in the Washington Post on the first Friday in August, 2002. It was a large frontpage article. I recall it vividly, as my family lives in Ward 4 and has been an active particpant in community activities. I am surprised that he wasn't disbarred. Contrary to popular belief of his affluent constituents, there is LESS to Mr. Fenty than meets the eye.

Hello...I just joined the forum, as I am interested in reading dialogue about political and civic issues in the city.

The article concerning Mr. Fenty's misappropriation of funds from his elderly client appeared in the Washington Post on the first Friday in August, 2002. It was a large frontpage article. I recall it vividly, as my family lives in Ward 4 and has been an active particpant in community activities. I am surprised that he wasn't disbarred. Contrary to popular belief of his affluent constituents, there is LESS to Mr. Fenty than meets the eye.

Welcome Koolaidsmile. How did you hear about DCMessage Boards? And what do you make of the apparent scandal involving the Ward 3 candidate, since he's made that the main topic here?

Again, welcome!

Rees, Jason, Miss Glover Park, etc (this is really getting old),

You have still yet to produce anything we in the real world refer to as 'evidence' of these blasphemous allegations.

I'm hoping you've finished your lengthy finance report and that is why you have so much free time to spend on the message boards and make up names today? (Of course if you haven't raised any moeny, it makes the task a menial one)

Edited by golden girl

Welcome Koolaidsmile. How did you hear about DCMessage Boards? And what do you make of the apparent scandal involving the Ward 3 candidate, since he's made that the main topic here?

Again, welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!

A friend e-mailed a message from a Yahoo listserve which included a DCMessage Board link. I am unfamilar with the Ward 3 candidate scandal, but from surfing the topics on the site, I can see it is a dominant discussion. As for any type of scandal, nothing really shocks me in this town.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.