Washington DC Message Boards

Who Is "jt Franks"......?

Who is JT Franks?

It is none other than Ward 3 City Council Candidate Sam Brooks!

Sam Brooks A/k/a JT Franks has been posting matters everywhere and even under the screen name of District Info which others have noted is a Screen name that Sam Brooks has used in other matters.

No, I'm not Sam Brooks or any other candidate for office. As I have mentioned before, because somebody on this forum threatened to "shatter" my jaw (http://www.dcpages.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6165&st=0entry10654) I wish to keep my identity secret.

Who I am isn't the issue, anyway. What's important are the facts presented, in particular the quotations, contradictions and falsehoods that Jonathan Rees has presented on DC Pages and elsewhere.

Rees claims to be a real candidate, but much of what he's written is just plain weird. It doesn't get much stranger than this statement Rees made on the Tenleytown Listserv: "While I am not a smoker, I see anti-smokers and their current cause in DC as being on the same mental wave length as abortion clinic bombers."

Although I guess that one could say that writing that you have two children in one place (on his website) and three children in another (on DC Pages) is stranger.

Who is JT Franks?

It is none other than Ward 3 City Council Candidate Sam Brooks!

Sam Brooks A/k/a JT Franks has been posting matters everywhere and even under the screen name of District Info which others have noted is a Screen name that Sam Brooks has used in other matters.

No, I'm not Sam Brooks or any other candidate for office. As I have mentioned before, because somebody on this forum threatened to "shatter" my jaw (http://www.dcpages.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6165&st=0entry10654) I wish to keep my identity secret.

Who I am isn't the issue, anyway. What's important are the facts presented, in particular the quotations, contradictions and falsehoods that Jonathan Rees has presented on DC Pages and elsewhere.

Rees claims to be a real candidate, but much of what he's written is just plain weird. It doesn't get much stranger than this statement Rees made on the Tenleytown Listserv: "While I am not a smoker, I see anti-smokers and their current cause in DC as being on the same mental wave length as abortion clinic bombers."

Although I guess that one could say that writing that you have two children in one place (on his website) and three children in another (on DC Pages) is stranger.

JT Frank,

Who cares how many children Mr. Rees has!

You are so petty.

I too am turned off by the anti-smoking crowd as they are way too fanatical for my taste so why is what Rees saying contradictory?

There are some interesting mistakes on Jonathan Rees' website -- another indication that he's something other than a real candidate for City Council for Ward 3.

First, as I mentioned in another post, the source code behind his page revealed that Jonathan Rees, not Margaret Clay, who's given credit for creating the site, was the actual author of the website. After I pointed this out, the website's authorship was changed. (But I still have the original source code for anyone who wants it.)

Second, Rees' post office box in zip code 20009 is not located in Ward 3, but on 18th Street, NW. Odd, isn't it?

Third, what really happened to the page on Rees' website that said, "I am married to the former Mindy Lynn Silverman (actress) and I have two children; daughter Anita 30 and son Jason 25"? I still haven't seen an explanation by Rees himself about why he wrote on his own website that he has two children, but has reported elsewhere that he has three children. This is far from a petty question. It goes to the heart of the issue: Jonathan Rees is living a fantasy when it comes to running for City Council.

But I do understand Mr. Rees' reluctance to be specific about who he really is. The last time he was specific was one of those "gotcha" moments: Rees wrote that he was going to be seated next to Mayor Williams at a black tie affair sponsored by the Washington Times (http://www.dcpages.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6203), when in fact Tony Williams was at a historic preservation reception at the Kennedy-Warren. Oops!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.