Washington DC Message Boards

Let Me Speak My Peace About This Guy Rees.

Guest S Jackson

Guest S Jackson

Let me speak my peace about this guy Rees.

This man has gone around only announcing that he is running for the seat that Kathy Patterson will soon vacate.

It is my understanding that he and his brother are the people who have walked up and down every street in Ward Three every night putting up on telephone poles his little flyer and placing his campaign postcards on our car windows just to let us know he is here.

If my mathematics is correct, then if you add up the distance of every street in Ward Three, Rees has walked about 475 miles just to introduce himself to us.

This says to me, that if Rees is going to walk so much, do what he has and he is doing this just to get our vote, then I imagine that he will go a great distance for us when we come to him with a need as most of our other council members and candidates hardly break a sweat to let us know about them.

This to me is a real politician who will do most of the foot work himself, does not have others out there doing it for him or speaking for him and this was the way it was years ago when we once trusted our political leaders.

As I understand it, he goes to every event he is invited to that would impact upon us in Ward Three.

To me, this guy is for real and while we will never agree 100% with the stance our elected or want to be elected officials take, I think this guy comes closet to what the majority at heart want for us.

I would like to never again see any attacks on this Rees guy because I doubt any of you would even do half of what he has with the intent of wanting to do good for all of us.

Can we agree, no more political attacks on Rees or any candidate?

Guest S Jackson
You should post this on the Tenleytown listserv, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tenleytown.

Rachel, this was placed on several list servers by me.

I get sick of ignorant and jealous people needlessly attacking a person who clearly is busting his ass to do some good.

We in Ward Three are really the least politically active as we have a horrible turn out rate during the primaries, we are great at doggessing online but most of us wouldn't lift a finger for change.

We need more politicians like Rees who will go more than the extra mile to get things done.

• 3 months later...

Rees promised me that he would stop slandering other people. He broke his promise and that is the end of story.

Well, he's still doing it over on DC Politics, Luke. Check out his latest work. Please resume moderating that board. It's an absolute scandal that he's allowed to post this stuff . And no, I'm not a supporter or operative of any of his opponents.

Guest Melanie Hurst

Luke,

Somebody named John Capozzi was to have pointed a finger at you putting your professionalism in doubt by claiming that you allowed people to come here and attack this man Rees and you did not care.

Is this true and did you allow it out of anger because you believed Rees had broken his word to you?

The truth is, I was around in 2003 when that man Sam Brooks hit the net with his ugly attacks on another candidate but not here on DC Pages. So Brooks does have a reputation of using the net to lamblast his opponents.

I am inclined to believe from all I have seem is that Brooks started it by lamblasting Rees over on the various Yahoo message boards when Rees began his campaign and has not stopped. So if Rees or if not Rees his followers are now blasting away at Brooks then maybe Brooks has it coming to him.

Brooks should not have clearly started with this and maybe none of this would be before our eyes.

Well, he's still doing it over on DC Politics, Luke. Check out his latest work. Please resume moderating that board. It's an absolute scandal that he's allowed to post this stuff . And no, I'm not a supporter or operative of any of his opponents.

Luke,

Somebody named John Capozzi was to have pointed a finger at you putting your professionalism in doubt by claiming that you allowed people to come here and attack this man Rees and you did not care.

Is this true and did you allow it out of anger because you believed Rees had broken his word to you?

The truth is, I was around in 2003 when that man Sam Brooks hit the net with his ugly attacks on another candidate but not here on DC Pages. So Brooks does have a reputation of using the net to lamblast his opponents.

I am inclined to believe from all I have seem is that Brooks started it by lamblasting Rees over on the various Yahoo message boards when Rees began his campaign and has not stopped. So if Rees or if not Rees his followers are now blasting away at Brooks then maybe Brooks has it coming to him.

Brooks should not have clearly started with this and maybe none of this would be before our eyes.

Hi Jonathan!

"Melanie",

I asked "Sleazy Sam" to provide proof of these allegations (since I wasn't around then), to provide screen shots, links or a verifyable thrid party, officail, listserve/blog moderator. Something that someone can independantly check to see about these allegations. I have also asked this of Mr. Rees and his various aliases. To date, there has not been one person, post, link or anything that has even alluded to these supposed circumstances.

If you have something, post it!

B. Frank

Luke,