Washington DC Message Boards

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

Guest LAW

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest possible victim

I just received my package in the mail today with the credit line from First National Card or CCA from Las Vegas Nevada. I am extremely concerned about what could possibly happen to me in this situation. I got on the internet to research this company and I found numerous reports of people getting their bank accounts withdrawn from. I never have given out any information concerning my account to anyone over the internet except for ebay which uses paypal. I have made several purchases from email using my paypal account and have never had any problems until now. Just goes to show even the most secure, protected, guaranteed promises always somehow, fail. There will always be someone out there that knows just what codes to type to ruin someone for a long time.

I got one of those cards in the mail today too. Why don't they send their so-called catalog along with the card!? Has anyone ever seen one of their catalogs. I cut up the card and threw it in the trash! What a crock of ***brown trout***!! ;)

I also received this card, but it's in my name from a previous marriage, a name that I haven't used in over two years. In a new address that I have only lived at a couple of months. How do these people get their information? Thanks to this lovely little post I will be cutting it up. Is there anything we can do other then reporting the mail fraud?

I just recieved one of these letters in the mail today. At first I was like who in their right mind would give me a credit caRD with a 65oo limit??? THen I read the letter and realized that the card had no m/c visa etc lable on it so I looked it up online and I found you all. Thank god I did cause I tend to fall for scams like this and thats how my credit got screwed up in the first place. Thank you to you all!!!

We recieved this crap in the mail and we fell for it. They got us for $139.00. We were trying to build our credit back up and we just got taken to the cleaners. We were supposed to recieve the magazine within a few weeks. We never got it. So we called them and they sent us to some other number. We talked to a supervisor and he was really rude. He told us that he did not have to refund our money. When we asked to talk to his boss he hung up on us. Do not fall for this scam. Everyone that has reported this on this web site need to report it to the Better Buisiness Bereu. If the BBB gets enough reports they will shut this so called company down and will prevent others from being scammed. :angry:

My husband just called me that he received in the mail today the same credit card you all are discussing. I read that this might be related to Dell Computers. We have done a lot of shopping at Best Buy as of late and I also received a Dell catalog in the mail today as well as the card. I am thinking this scam might hace something to do with Best Buy, any input???

• 2 months later...
Guest Melissa

I just recieved this card in the mail and at first I was excited, I thought my credit card had finally git here but when I opened the letter it wasn't my credit card. It was a card for a cca catalog. I had never heard of it, I own no cca catalog and they did not send one with the card, so I thought that I would have to order the catalog myself, I had a feeling that it was a scam so I jumped on line and searched. Thats when I found this site. I am glad that I didn't activate the card, my boyfriend probably would have had my hide if I would have lost out on any money over some stupid scam. Always reasearch something like this before making any decision. In the end you might have to pay. I'm glad that I looked on line before making a mistake.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I called the activation number in order to talk to a live person, and well, it the end of things they asked me if I agree to all the charges and I said no. So they have no right to bill me....right?

Guest kate_*

The bit that disturbs me are the following notes on their letter:

"If you don't call us, then we'll automatically debit your checking account your one time membership activation fee of $199.99."

and

"You may manually sign and return this letter to avoid your merchantcard, cash on-demand card, auto payment service, overdraft protection or annual benefits."

So...if you don't call them, they're going to debit your account?

I think they got my number from the Verizon cell phone I recently got from mobiledia.com. Be wary about shopping through mobiledia. It's a good web site, but the service sucks.

Guest Beata

I just received the same card today , on the back of the letter is info"if you dont call us, then we'll automatically debit your checking account your one time membercard activation fee of $199.00"

The problem is, if I was trying to call them the only numebr was the number to activate the card.

I did a extensive research on the internet, and now I know ....they are going to charge me, so, tomorrow the first thing I'm going to close my bank account.

I thing somebody is right, about 6 months ago I applied for credit on Dell website.....

I found also phone numbers , which I did not check yet (is almost 2 AM) but I'm going to check them tomorrow.

I would like to post it here, maybe somebody will find it helpfull.

702-260-8333

* 702-697-5278 * Actual Person answers

702-697-5280

702-733-9400

702-734-1212

800-227-7056

800-636-0076

800-642-1760

And this is the website :http://badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff180640.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Mitch

Just got this crap for the 3rd time. They don't know their messing wit Motor City Madness here Home Boy. We should all plan a trip and watch the PO Box Office location Detroit style.

WoW Thank God i just got this card too and was seriously thinking about activating it. God Bless You All :P

Guest Guest
:angry: Last night my boyfriend and I were looking through the mail and opened up what he thought was a credit card with a limit of 65 hundred. He was excited and was immediately going to activate it until I questioned why the back (where the black strip is) didn't look "real". He told me to get on the internet and look at what a "cca catalog" is. Sure enough I googled it and all the bad replies were the first things that popped up. Thank you all so much...it has definetly prevented us from getting into a huge credit mess!! The so called "credit card" is now in tiny little pieces!! ha ha!! I am sending the papers he was sent to the address someone provided above to stop these aholes!

Guest Guest

I just received the same card today , on the back of the letter is info"if you dont call us, then we'll automatically debit your checking account your one time membercard activation fee of $199.00"

The problem is, if I was trying to call them the only numebr was the number to activate the card.

I did a extensive research on the internet, and now I know ....they are going to charge me, so, tomorrow the first thing I'm going to close my bank account.

I thing somebody is right, about 6 months ago I applied for credit on Dell website.....

I found also phone numbers , which I did not check yet (is almost 2 AM) but I'm going to check them tomorrow.

I would like to post it here, maybe somebody will find it helpfull.

702-260-8333

* 702-697-5278 * Actual Person answers

702-697-5280

702-733-9400

702-734-1212

800-227-7056

800-636-0076

800-642-1760

And this is the website :http://badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff180640.htm

OKAY THIS COMMENT FREAKS ME OUT, YOU MENTIONED THAT IF WE DON'T CALL THEY WILL CHARGE OUR ACCOUNT? JUST 3 WEEKS AGO I APPLIED FOR CREDIT ONLINE FOR A DELL COMPUTER, ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T GET APPROVED, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA IF THEY WILL STILL CHARGE ME, I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER IF I PUT MY BANK ACCOUNT INFO IN? AHHHH!! I CALLED THE *#* AND SOME GIRL ANSWERED AND SAID SHE WAS PART OF CCA AND WANTED TO KNOW MY PHONE # TO SEE IF I HAD AN ACCOUNT...WHAT DO I DO? (BY THE WAY I JUST HUNG UP ON HER)

Guest Guest

those cards are fake....i fell for it the first time and they never did send me a catalog....they send me a second packet of cards when i moved....i called the number and asked the operator why they keep sending me fake cards, she said that she didnt know and that she was just doing her job....anyone that have the cards, do me a favor and call their customer care... after you hold for about 15 minutes, it automatically hangs up on you... once again those cards are fake... ;)

Guest DarkSun Barista

I, too, just got one of these... and the instant I got it out of the envelope, I was online and looking up this company.

And, as did so many others, the first things I found were these message boards, FULL of people who either got away from the scam before it was too late, or ended up getting themselves stuck in the web. And while I feel bad for those, in this day and age, the Internet is the best tool we have to protect ourselves against such malicious activity.

For those who have noticed a line specifying "If you do not activate within 2 days, we will automatically begin debiting your card $199" or similar... don't believe it. For one, they don't have the authority... unless you signed up for something recently over the phone, no one's gotten your banking account release, which means your account is safe. (If they do somehow debit your account, you can sue for not only the amount of the debit, and any overages that it results in, but you can ALSO sue for fraud. And that is what needs to happen to get this scam shut down.)

Bottom line... destroy the card and don't look back. If you have the 10-20 minutes to spare, take everything except the card to the post office nearest you (or on your way to work, the gym, dropping the kids at school, whatever) and fill out the forms to get this bit of postal fraud dealt with. Swiftly and surely.

These companies have been around for a while... it's time to show them we're not going to take their monetary abuses any longer.

Guest Chris_*

Well, Like so many of you. I received the infamous ...da da daaaaa $6500 credit card. I immediately noticed the lack of an official credit service logo (VISA/MasterCard), and the fact that on the back. There is no PLUS, or any other affiliated ATM symbols. Immediately curious and not too enthused about the ENORMOUS fees for nothing, I jumped on the internet and found so many sites with negative comments and "this happen to me" stories I was terrified. This is truly scary. The fact that so many people are really trying to take control of their credit and we all know you don't get credit without credit so I can see why so many call the activation number. Email all your friends, tell your family and lets get the situational awareness of all consumers elevated so we can put this company out of business. It is a travesty and thus far, I haven't been able to read any comments of anyone getting their money back or otherwise "getting even" with CCA First National. SCAM artist. Do not call and activate the number and please READ any and all paperwork that comes with any applications for credit. If its sounds to good to be true...IT ALWAYS IS.

Guest jeff212

I was just wondering if call to activated and give them all the info and when they are about transfer to a live person hang up is it activated becases Im 18 and trying to establish credit Im I massed up some help please

Guest DEREK G.

I CAN'T SAY I WOULD HAVE NOT FELL FOR IT ASWELL. YOU WISH IT WAS TRUE. BUT I BELEIVE THESE PEOPLE GET IT FROM DIRECT MARKETING SALES.BUYING YOUR INFO. FROM OTHER COMPANYS I RECENTLY CALLED THIS CO. I HEARD ABOUT FROM A RADIO ADVERTISMENT. IT WAS FOR A SECRET SHOPPER,WELL I SIGNED UP AND EVER SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN GETTIN' CRAP AND CALLS LIKE THIS. I ASK THE REP. "HOW DID THEY RECEIVE MY NUMBER?" SHE HAD NO ANSWER. BUT RECOMMEND I CALL AND REGISTER WITH THE "DO NOT CALL" WEBSITE. SINCE, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY CALL.

I RECOMMEND EVERONE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE B.B.B. (add the b.b.b. to your favorites) ALWAYS CHECK THEM OUT....

Guest sweettypize

We recieved this crap in the mail and we fell for it. They got us for $139.00. We were trying to build our credit back up and we just got taken to the cleaners. We were supposed to recieve the magazine within a few weeks. We never got it. So we called them and they sent us to some other number. We talked to a supervisor and he was really rude. He told us that he did not have to refund our money. When we asked to talk to his boss he hung up on us. Do not fall for this scam. Everyone that has reported this on this web site need to report it to the Better Buisiness Bereu. If the BBB gets enough reports they will shut this so called company down and will prevent others from being scammed. :angry:

thanks for the warning was going to activate im sooooo lucky i looked here first thank you very much