Washington DC Message Boards

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

Guest LAW

i am so glad that i didn't stupidly activate my card, cos i was just about to when i read all of the people's comment about how they try to scam people.thanks for all ur advice :o

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glad U All Posted!

I just got the same foolishness in the mail! I was just about desparate because I lost my job on Tuesday 1/29/08 and filed for U/E-but something told me to google this before I cash in on this so-called $6500 and thank God now I have internet fellows such as you all..So I'm trashing this letter ;)

Hey Veronica. You need to learn how to spell. You misspelled the word "dumb." If your writing is any indication of the type of people that work for First National Card, then I do think everyone here has got a case against the company.

i just got off the phone with the A.G. in nevada Veronica i hope you people like bars because your fixing to be looking through them.

BEWARE

IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD

IT'S NOT!

I TOO GOT THE OFFER.

THANK GOD I DIDN'T ACTIVATE. TO ME IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

I WILL CUT IT IN PIECES....AND SEND IT BACK..................MARIA

CCA

Credit Card Services Division

P.O. Box 46101, Las Vegas, NV

89114-6101

800-277-7056

I TRIED LOOKING ANYWHERE I COULD TO FIND INFORMATION. BUT DID NOT FIND ANYTHING.

BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU-YELLOW PAGES, ANYWHERE I COULD TO FIND INFORMATION ON THIS COMPANY.

NOTHING....

I received the card with a limit of 6500.00

Which is very ovios fraud.

By clear that I agree with every

Opinions. Thereon

Due to the lack of information the role of the board.

It is sufficient to ignore the notice of cancellation on paper from the card

Or someone had contact with any operator.

I just want to be safe

Thanks. Victor carefully

Guest Danny G from Vegas
Yes. I have received such a card several days ago. And I do not want it. But it was said that, if I do not call them to cancel this card, they will automatically charge me the activation fee. How terrible it is! Can anybody tell me how to deal with it? BTW, I tried to call them, but there is only an reply machine!

So you worked for this company and you were fine at first stealing from people you must have been even staying with the company even 1 day. I'm curious to find out how long you worked for the company. In the eyes of all the customers even staying with the company 1 day you must have been fine stealing from people so if you worked there more than 1 day shame on you. You should be ashamed of yourself and I hope you are very much judged when you pass If you are fine with stealing from people I know where you are going where you can get an all over sun burn...

This is for Guest_GUEST_JH_2008_*

So you worked for this company and you were fine at first stealing from people you must have been even staying with the company even 1 day. I'm curious to find out how long you worked for the company. In the eyes of all the customers even staying with the company 1 day you must have been fine stealing from people so if you worked there more than 1 day shame on you. You should be ashamed of yourself and I hope you are very much judged when you pass If you are fine with stealing from people I know where you are going where you can get an all over sun burn...

This is for Guest_GUEST_JH_2008_*

So you worked for this company and you were fine at first stealing from people. You must have been loving stealing from people even staying with the company even 1 day. I'm curious to find out how long you worked for the company. In the eyes of all the customers even staying with the company 1 day you must have been fine stealing. If you worked there more than 1 day shame on you. You should be ashamed of yourself and I hope you are very much judged when you pass on. If you're fine stealing from people I know where you are going where you can get an all over sun burn...in hell.... Burn there for all eternity for working at a company. I would never steal or hurt people like that...

I RECEIVED THE SAME "FAKE LOOKING" CARD JUST TWO HOURS SHORT OF A DAY AGO AND KNEW RIGHT AWAY THAT IT WAS NOTHING BUT COMPLETE NONSENSE. PLEASE SPARE SOME TIME AND READ WHAT I FOUND OUT ABOUT THESE BUNCH OF CROCKS, BELLOW.

The first thing i noticed was unlike any other credit card there is no major credit agency endorsement[/b], normally a credit card would be backed by one of the major credit agencies like VISA, Mastercard, Discover or American Express, and maybe even a few more, but there was no corner endorsement.

Also out of personal knowledge and working for an online credit card billing processor a few years back, let me tell you, after a while you can read a card # and know what card company what bank and sometimes what specific kind of card someone has just by hearing the number, previously, I noticed this card number started with a 7, now anyone that works with credit cards a good deal would know that Visa always starts with 4, Mastercard with 5, Discover with 6, and Amex with 3, I've gotten gift cards more official than this and can even remember 1 of them having a visa logo in the corner, also the inherent lack of a 3 digit security code (4 digit for amex) or CVV2 number is also kind of odd,

This immediately made me weary, and if it werent for the fact that they mention a possible 6,500.00 credit limit i would have already cut up the card, reading on the first page reads like a dream,

no interest rate ever

possible 6,500.00 credit limit

no down payments

Cash on demand (cash advances)

low late fees

and an immediate 200.00 credit

and so on...

the terms and conditions read like an unwanted pregnancy, If you've ever read one of these, you'll know that these are the real terms that dont appear and bright clears fonts, packed together as tightly as possible , you could almost get vertigo trying to read the whole thing, I noticed a few things in CCA or Capital Credit Alliance Inc's Terms of Service and 'Advantages' as they like to call it, First off it gets across the point you will be billed 200 dollars if you accept the terms of this card, the billing will take place within 48-72 hours of activation

reading on

my personal favorite section, the 'Other charges' section

actually states that the 200 dollars is for the services they offer you, first being their credit protection shield which defers balances for 6 months if you were to become involuntarily unemployed or disabled,

second being purchase security guard, which i had to read closely but what i got out of it is, if 'an item you purchase' not the card itself is stolen with 30 days you are not liable for that charge, also if you become deceased the entire balance would be waived

the dispute resolution process actually does advise you to contact one of their 'helpful' customer service representatives to resolve most disputes, however I'm not sure i've seen the word arbitration used more frequently ever, the gist of lots of legal babble comes out to, you waive all rights, any and all rights you have will have to be handled within our terms with an attourney present, and most notably the word claim, which you are not allowed to make unless its being filed with a small claims court is defined as:

' The term CLAIM is to be given the broadest possible meaning and includes claims of every kind and nature, including without limitation, any claim, dispute or controversy, that arises under or relates to broken promises, or contract, tort, fraud, constitution, statute, regulation, common law, and equity etc...'

now this doesn't mean you're just screwed, but any claim you file or claim they file against you will be met in small claims court , with several indemnity statements to defend them in their terms of service

actually the section for auto payment, late fees and overdraft protection is pretty straight forward, like any terms of service for a credit card they state that if you are late they will charge you and come after you, and charge outrageous fees if you overdraft, but this is with almost any credit card

the letter closes with an electronic signature code which apparently lets them authorize the card over the phone, kind of scary if the letter were to get into the wrong hands

however you look at it, legally they are in the right, everything they state is legal and backed by their terms of service, and when it comes down to it whatever the ad said, the terms usually say otherwise and will hold up in court, at first glance, although what they are doing is misleading, I'm sure this might be a service of some interest for someone who frequently purchases from CCA catalogs, (assuming there really is a CCA catalog, i couldn't find one online) and if this is valid the fees are bad in comparison but still a business has a right to charge a fee, and if we don't like the fee, we choose not to use this service

unfortunately though many people who receive these may not meet this offer with such the Caveat Emptor attitude, myself or others have met it with, and will to some degree feel cheated by this company, but in the end, I've yet to see a company like this go down for misleading advertising, thats why they have satan's attourney draw up their terms

I actually just received the same card today for 6500,,,,there "catalog" shopping can actually be found online at " CCA credit service division"...but given all these reviews on this card I will be cutting mine up,,,,,I never applied for this card so don't know how they got my name.but it just doesn't seem legit anyhow...thanks for all the reviews and i'm glad I did alot more investaging on it ,rather then just went ahead and activated it.

I actually just received the same card today for 6500,,,,there "catalog" shopping can actually be found online at " CCA credit service division"...but given all these reviews on this card I will be cutting mine up,,,,,I never applied for this card so don't know how they got my name.but it just doesn't seem legit anyhow...thanks for all the reviews and i'm glad I did alot more investaging on it ,rather then just went ahead and activated it.

What is the web site Address?

DONT ACTIVATE!!!

its a scam.

i am 20 years old and struggling to make it through the weeks and months as it is and i think it is down right shameful that a company would steal credit information and try to steal peoples' hard earned money. i work hard for every dime i own and i will be damned if a ***brown trout*** eating company is gunna take a penny of it.

can anyone say class action?

Guest your daddy

Dear Idiots It's very simple to out smart them you just have to use that round object above your shoulders. So does anyone have the fraking catalogue or know the website it is locaed on please post up the website A.S.A.P.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hunter

These cards of credit that sent me to buy for Internet it is a real fraud I call to activate the card and it(he,she) goes out for me that the ziscode does not recognize, to the whole world do not give his( number of account(bill) of the bank 300 extracted my me dollares for the activation and now it(he,she) looks with that it( goes out for me these sons of a doggess, have a lot of care with this of the card cca it is a ***brown trout*** and now I cannot recover my 300 dollares a lot of care :angry:

Guest dick chibbles
this is my second one and i put the first one in the trash and they sent me another one i was on the computer to get info and i still haven't got any thing until i put the phone number in and it bought up this page i am glad i did it.

REALLY GOOD CATCH ON NOTICING IT HAD A REGULAR STAMP. I DONT' KNOW ANY COMPANY THAT USES A REGULAR STAMP FOR SENDING OUT BULK . GREAT CATCH MY FRIEND IT'S A SCAM.

Guest Rene'

So this has been going on since 2005??? Jeez!! After reading over the TONS of words on the 3 page front and back pages, i giggled a lil bit! Ridiculous! I just HAD to google and see what came up.

Stay away from this, guys. terrible. I'm just kinda surprised that the company can still doop people after 3 years of bad reports.....

Guest ratero

I haven't looked at every post in this thread, but looking at the thread outline, I only saw 1 person who actually had seen the catalog.

What I would like to know is, if I activate the card;

Can I activate it without giving them a legitimate bank account number?

I dont' mind if they want to charge the fees to my new "credit line" and send me a bill. I just don't want to pay them up front.

How long will it take to get the catalog?

Can I order and receive $6500 (less fees) worth of merchandise from the catalog over a short period of time? I am planning on filing for bankruptcy at some future point, so any liability for fees or merchandise will be erased anyway and this seems like the perfect company to screw.

If you have the answer to one or more of these questions. please help me screw them.

Guest awake

I just got this card today....and all ur replys are in yr 2005....that means they started to send the same ***brown trout***....i was searching the net for what they called CATALOG and i found this site....i am happy i got here before i activate it....thanks god :P

Guest Felipe Ramirrez

Today I got my third invitation to join the so called "pre-approved" credit card 1 First National Card. I've always thaught something was no roght with this beacause my credit sucks too and I even called them to their number to unsuscribe to whatever database I am and they don't even answer the phone. They guide you through this machine that ends up asking for your SSN...obviously I hung up....don't give your SSN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Careful....I'm reporting these guys to mail fraud services.

Thank you all!!!

Guest nonamesorry

Its Tuesday, 8 April and I just got one too. My credit is fine, but because I was recently filling out loan applications in the last two months, Im not surprised that Im getting things like this in the mail. As tempting as it is...do NOT respond to it...You WONT get $6500 and you'll immediately be charged fees that they will NOT wave, I shredded mine and anyone else should do the same thing...DONT CHOOSE TO OPT OUT!!!! Thats also a scam...DONT GIVE THEM ANYMORE PERSONAL INFORMATION...