DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jenna

Help House The Victims Of Katrina

Guest Jenna

Thus far there is no centralized database for people willing to share their homes with the victims of Katrina. I spoke with the Red Cross today and they said it was outside their scope because of liability issues. The folks I got through to at FEMA did not have advice at this time.

If you have a spare room, apartment or vacation home that you are willing to share, please post on this site with location, size of the space, size of group you can accept and some method of contact.

Call your mayor, governors, senators and congressman to encourage them to assist in setting up a national housing and jobs database for our fellow citizens. We will continue to encourage our gov't and the aid organizations to head up this project in the meantime please post here and we will make sure this list gets to those who can coordinate with the victims, who at this time of course do not have internet access.

I beg you to open your heart and your home. Children and Adults alike should not have to live in a football stadium. It will only make worse the emotional trama they are going through.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this