Washington DC Message Boards

Janet Remy

Guest hairdiva

Guest hairdiva

Please Help. :o

I have a sewn in weave and I used the Janet Brand Remy Hair - Mink Yaky. Normally, I just get the regular yaki hair, but because of all the hype with the Remy Hair, I decided to try it. Well it's been a little more than a week, and it's more tangled than the cheaper hair I usually buy. Is there any way to fix this?

Please Help. :o

I have a sewn in weave and I used the Janet Brand Remy Hair - Mink Yaky.  Normally, I just get the regular yaki hair, but because of all the hype with the Remy Hair, I decided to try it.  Well it's been a little more than a week, and it's more tangled than the cheaper hair I usually buy.  Is there any way to fix this?

You know, that is a suprise to me because you are not the first person that has experianced that with the Janet Remy hair as a matter of fact the supply store that I shop has stop selling it, I'm thinking you and others just got a bad batch, it is human hair so nine times out of ten it doesn't come from the same person, but it is unfortuante that there is no way to know until you wash it, I have been in this business for YEARS and I have purchased a bad batch once or twice, I use OUTRE Velvet Remy and I have yet to be disappointed, but who knows what the future holds............. Try to set it using a straightening lotion.

Thank You

Valencia

Thanks Valencia.  B)  Is there any specific brand of straightening lotion you recommend?

I use Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion, apply to small sections, roll the hair and sit under a warm dryer until dry. My hair is past my shoulders so I set on large rollers and wrap my hair at night. I like body and soft curls............

Let me know if this helps

Thank You for your respone

Valencia

Hi Valencia,

I tried wet setting my hair. It lasted 1/2 day, then became a hot mess, so of course, I took it out. But thanks for the advice. Needless to say, I am done with the Janet Remy. There's a website - Hairsisters.com, you've probably already heard of it. Anyway, they have the Velvet Remy hair on sale this month. I didn't know how much you currently pay for it, but just wanted to let you know. I'm gonna try it. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Hi Valencia,

I tried wet setting my hair.  It lasted 1/2 day, then became a hot mess, so of course, I took it out.  But thanks for the advice.  Needless to say, I am done with the Janet Remy.  There's a website - Hairsisters.com, you've probably already heard of it.  Anyway, they have the Velvet Remy hair on sale this month.  I didn't know how much you currently pay for it, but just wanted to let you know.  I'm gonna try it.  Thanks for keeping us informed.

Go for it, the prices are GREAT I payed alot more for my hair not to mention they have the top of the line brands like Bohyme and Chade at reasonable prices I have worked with both brands and LOVED IT not to mention my clients loved it as well.

Thanks for the info and keep me posted.

Valencia

I googled "Janet Remy Mink" hair in hopes of finding info to help with my tangles & came across this discussion. I got my hair weaved on 9/5-Labor Day & after 2 days my hair stays tangled & matted! The hair was so soft & pretty in the box & because it said Remy (and because it cost quite a bit), I thought it would be great. NOT! I paid good money for the hair & to get it weaved in. Now I'm afraid I am going to have to have it removed.

If anyone out there can help with suggestions on this, short of getting it taken out, I would really appreciate it.

Mad, tangled & Matted in Memphis!

Guest REMY - UK

Ladies ladies Ladies, it looks as if you are having problems with this particular brand……I have been using this one for 3 years… wash, natural dry, blow dry, plaiting ,twists, shine, natural….. This Remy hair from this company does all of the above…it is also reusable. They are based in the London - UK….feel free to look at the website….. http://www.ad-hairsolutions.com/new/default.html

I now live in Barcelona and I am looking to distribute it over here!

Good Luck

Ali

Ladies ladies Ladies, it looks as if you are having problems with this particular brand……I have been using this one for 3 years… wash, natural dry, blow dry, plaiting ,twists, shine, natural….. This Remy hair from this company does all of the above…it is also reusable. They are based in the London - UK….feel free to look at the website….. http://www.ad-hairsolutions.com/new/default.html

Good Luck

Ali

Hi!

I am so glad I google "janet remy hair" and found this board. I bought some janet

remy mink but I haven't used it yet and from what I've read here, I'll be returning it for a store credit!

I have indian yaki now and it's starting to tangle too even thought I was promised

it wouldn't before I bought it. :angry: Anyhow, I just want a straight remi that doesn't matte and tangle and shed like crazy. I checked out the link that was posted and they sell that brand of weave hair that the shop where I got the janet

hair so I'll just exchange it then.

Melodie :)

Ladies ladies Ladies, it  looks as if you are having problems with this particular brand……I have been using this one for 3 years… wash, natural dry, blow dry, plaiting ,twists, shine, natural….. This Remy hair from this company does all of the above…it is also reusable.  They are based in the London - UK….feel free to look at the website….. http://www.ad-hairsolutions.com/new/default.html

Good Luck

Ali

This looks and sounds great, I may try it someday.........But I also want to recommend the OUTRE' VELVET REMI Hair, I started using this brand when I decided to go straight and I have yet to be disappointed, my natural hair is very fine and I don't put heat or tension on my hair, with the Outre' Velvet Remi I wash my hair let it air dry, once it dries I dampen and roll if I want to set it, or just put gel on my hairline and tie it up for about 10min to wear it straight, this hair dries naturally without frizz or tangle so I'm sure it is beautiful with a wet set or blow-dry & curl.

If you look back at my earlier posts you will see that I wore my hair curly for many years, that is because I like to wash and go but now that I have found decent Remi straight hair I can still wash and go and loving it......

I also have a client who loves this product, check out my online gallery I have the Velvet Remi labeled..........Please note that the hair texture is a perfect match for most african american women, it is not too slick, it has the texture of a fresh relaxer. For those who decide to give it a try PLEASE come back and leave feedback....

MY ONLINE PHOTO GALLERY

Thank You

Valencia

I have a pretty small head, how many packs of the Outre Velvet Remi Hair would you suggest using?

I allways tell my clients to purchase at least two packs of hair just to be on the safe side (for fusion) I have a small head as well and my hair is fine but I still use about 1&1/4 packs and I just save the rest for touch-up's.

Thank You for your response

Valencia

I recently bought the Outre' Velvet Remy from Hairsisters.com. I ordered it like 2 weeks ago and just got it last night. :angry: Anyway, when I called them to find out what on earth was taking so long, they shipped it to me next day, no questions asked. Although they screwed up, it says alot about a company when go above and beyond to right their wrongs. So I highly recommend buying it from them if you are having trouble finding the Velvet Remy. They offer free shipping for orders over $75 and no tax. So if you don't need it right away, they might work for you. This will be my first time trying this brand hair. I'll let you all know how it works for me.

By the way, there is a beauty supply store on St. Barnabus Rd in Temple Hills that has the Velvet Remy Hair starting at about $42. Maybe you can shop around and find it somewhere else cheaper, but the stores near me sell it starting at like 49.99.

I recently bought the Outre' Velvet Remy from Hairsisters.com.  I ordered it like 2 weeks ago and just got it last night. :angry:  Anyway, when I called them to find out what on earth was taking so long, they shipped it to me next day, no questions asked.  Although they screwed up, it says alot about a company when go above and beyond to right their wrongs.  So I highly recommend buying it from them if you are having trouble finding the Velvet Remy.  They offer free shipping for orders over $75 and no tax.  So if you don't need it right away, they might work for you.  This will be my first time trying this brand hair.  I'll let you all know how it works for me. 

By the way, there is a beauty supply store on St. Barnabus Rd in Temple Hills that has the Velvet Remy Hair starting at about $42.  Maybe you can shop around and find it somewhere else cheaper, but the stores near me sell it starting at like 49.99.

That's about right, it starts at about $49.99 for the ten inch, $62.00 for 12 inches and $82.00 for 14 inches and up................ I buy mine from my local beauty supply

Valencia

HI,

I hear the OUTRE VELVET is wonderful also! Can you tell me where I could purchase it?? I checked hairsisters.com, but I'm a white girl w/blonde hair and they only have darker colors. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks :D

Kristin,

Outre' Velvet has too much kink for caucasian hair you need european silky, how long is your hair? & how long do you want it? answer those questions for me and I will tell you the best route to go..

Valencia

• 5 years later...
Guest ego diva

Kristin,

Outre' Velvet has too much kink for caucasian hair you need european silky, how long is your hair? & how long do you want it? answer those questions for me and I will tell you the best route to go..

Valencia

Guest ego diva

Hello I've read valencia's take on velvet remy n I have to say I disagree. I'm a weave wearer myself n have tried every remy hair from bobbi boss to remy saga. I've tried velvet and it was beautiful and lustrous the first week the second week it shedded and tangled horribly! Not only that it seemed like the tracks lost so much hair from shedding you could see the missing spaces in the track. I took it out and was very disappointed. The best remy hair I've had by far is model model ego remy. Its wonderful! Even after being washed and dried and curled it is great!

• 11 months later...
Guest Kamorra

Im So Pissed! I brought Janet Remy 18" Ripple Deep abd had it in 3 days. A "Hot Mess" and so disappointed! Tried to call to take back # in reciept is not in service, had to look up online to get #. Called and then went in only for them to try and give me 1 free pack and have me buy the other. What the ¤¤¤¤! They tell me to contact the company. I paid $102.62 for that bs! Do anyone know if Im able to get my money back from this company? Do anyone have the contact info for Janet Remy Hair Company? Times is hard and I work hard

• 2 months later...
Guest Melanie Rose

Please Help. ohmy.gif

I have a sewn in weave and I used the Janet Brand Remy Hair - Mink Yaky. Normally, I just get the regular yaki hair, but because of all the hype with the Remy Hair, I decided to try it. Well it's been a little more than a week, and it's more tangled than the cheaper hair I usually buy. Is there any way to fix this?

I am having the same exact problem with this hair why is that? Any help ...would be appreciated. I wish i could get a full refund.