Washington DC Message Boards

Pat Robertson Calls U.s. To Assassinate Chavez

Guest Soldier of God

Guest Soldier of God

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." (Matthew 7:15).

On August 22, 2005 Southern Evangelical Minister Pat Robertson preached on his show 'The 700 Club' that the United States Government should kill a world leader:

There was a popular coup that overthrew him [Chavez]. And what did the United States State Department do about it? Virtually nothing. And as a result, within about 48 hours that coup was broken; Chavez was back in power, but we had a chance to move in. He has destroyed the Venezuelan economy, and he's going to make that a launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism all over the continent.

- Pat Robertson

The 700 Club is a live television program that airs weekdays before a studio audience from The Christian Broadcasting Network's (CBN) broadcast facilities in Virginia Beach, Virginia. On the air continuously since 1966, it is one of the longest-running programs in broadcast history.

Today the 700 Club is seen in 95 percent of the television markets across the United States, the program is carried on ABC Family Channel cable network, FamilyNet, Trinity Broadcasting Network, and numerous U.S. television stations and is seen daily by approximately one million viewers. WorldReach broadcasts, which include the international editions of The 700 Club, have been viewed in more than 70 foreign languages, can be seen in more than 200 countries, and are accessible throughout the year by more than 1.5 billion people around the world.

M. G. "Pat" Robertson has achieved national and international recognition as a religious broadcaster, philanthropist, educator, religious leader, businessman, and author. He is the founder and chairman of The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) Inc., and founder of International Family Entertainment Inc., Regent University, Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation, American Center for Law and Justice, The Flying Hospital, Inc. and several other organizations and broadcast entities.

A quote from Pat Robertson on how he became a minister

Late one night after Dede had put Tim in the little upstairs bedroom, she joined me on the sofa in the front room. She was putting on fresh pillowcases before we pulled out the sofa bed for the night, and I blurted out, "You know, I really feel God wants me to go into the ministry. - Pat Robertson

Pat Robertson on his religious experience with Cornelius Vanderbreggen

I believe Jesus Christ died for the sins of the whole world." I hesitated. I knew what he wanted, but I had never been willing to say it before.

Now, to my amazement, I heard myself continue, " . . . and for my sins, too." As soon as I said it, I looked up at my host. A slight smile was playing over his tanned face. A Bible verse I had learned flooded my consciousness. "If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus . . . thou shalt be saved.

In all of his suffering, as in all of his life and ministry, Jesus refused to defend himself with force or with violence. He endured violence and cruelty so that God's love might be fully manifest and the world might be reconciled to the One from whom it had become estranged. Even at his death, Jesus cried for forgiveness for those who were executioners: "Father, forgive them"

Here is another quote from the leader of the Christian Coalition:

We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Mr Robertson said on the Monday night broadcast of his religious programme The 700 Club. "We don't need another $200bn war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with. - Pat Robertson

A spokeswoman for Mr Robertson said that the evangelist had no further comment at this point.

Here is an excertp taken from the New Testament, The Gospel According to Luke. The Book Pat Robertson has made his money to defend:

Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28

bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29

To the person who strikes you on one cheek, offer the other one as well, and from the person who takes your cloak, do not withhold even your tunic. 30

Give to everyone who asks of you, and from the one who takes what is yours do not demand it back. 31

Do to others as you would have them do to you. 32

For if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33

And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do the same. 34

If you lend money to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit (is) that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, and get back the same amount. 35

But rather, love your enemies and do good to them, and lend expecting nothing back; then your reward will be great and you will be children of the Most High, for he himself is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. 36

Be merciful, just as (also) your Father is merciful. 37

13 "Stop judging and you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven.

Take Action! Contact ABC Family to stop showing Pat Robertson's 700 Club.

http://abcfamily.go.com/feedback/

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come." "(Matthew 12:31-32)

According to a neocon CBS/NY Times poll, in November of 2004, approximately 2 thirds of the 250 million Americans believe in God. They say they believe in this so called 'christian' religion as preached by pompous and pretentious religious ranters like Robertson, and as preached and practiced in the United States. A strange form of US made religion which - contrary to the Bible's 'Thou shalt not kill' - allows human beings to kill other human beings: to be punished to death by injections with poison, for instance.

Or they are killed tied into electric chairs or gassed. It apparently has the blessing of American 'church leaders' whom we have not heard, and don't hear protesting war, genocide or other killings of human beings, what they call 'God's creatures', elsewhere.

In these sensitive times, the pronouncements of religious leaders on foreign affairs cannot be taken lightly. The United States is quick to call on other governments to condemn their religious fanatics. It should not hesitate to do the same with its own.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.