Washington DC Message Boards

Problem With Hair Fusion?!?!?!

Kristin876

Hi,

Well I finally went ahead and got the hair fusion from a local stylist who's been doing hair for 8 yrs and is trained in fusion. I have very thin, fragile hair to begin with. Well the fusion looked great...until tonight. The hair I got was the Temple Brand Hair which has the cuticle all in the same direction, as to reduce tangling, etc. Well here are some of my problems, please if ANYONE can give me any advice it would be GREATLY appreciated :D

1.) Since it gets tangled easily I've been combing it more and tonight an actual piece of fused hair fell out w/my root attached, so I must've been combing too hard. Is this common???? Also, any suggestions on how to get out tangling easier?

2.) Any suggestion on good deep conditioners to use on the hair extensions? The hair looks healthy and swingy, but feels dry...

Thanks!

Hi,

Well I finally went ahead and got the hair fusion from a local stylist who's been doing hair for 8 yrs and is trained in fusion.  I have very thin, fragile hair to begin with.  Well the fusion looked great...until tonight.  The hair I got was the Temple Brand Hair which has the cuticle all in the same direction, as to reduce tangling, etc.  Well here are some of my problems, please if ANYONE can give me any advice it would be GREATLY appreciated  :D

1.)  Since it gets tangled easily I've been combing it more and tonight an actual piece of fused hair fell out w/my root attached, so I must've been combing too hard.  Is this common????  Also, any suggestions on how to get out tangling easier?

2.)  Any suggestion on good deep conditioners to use on the hair extensions?  The hair looks healthy and swingy, but feels dry...

Thanks!

I probably would have waited until your hair was more healthy, I would recommend hair building products, and most important keep the hair moisturized, dryness is the main cause of breakage.

Hair mayonaise by organic is a great deep conditoner, you really need to be VERY careful since your hair is fragile, hold the hair by the roots when combing out tangles to prevent breakage, and try to use a detangling shampoo and leave in conditioner, hair polisher by IC is great for daily moisture and dryness, and MOST important if you decide to use the system in the future invest in GOOD hair it is worth it make sure it is remy/remi hair that is the best, more expensive but it will not tangle.

Thank You

Valencia

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Yes this is a common problem. It appears that you used an Asian brand and that hair was put in a Acid bath. It usually looks great for a bit until the silicon is washed out. They actually put silicon on the hair to make it look healthy but it isn't. Valencia was right, Remi hair is the best. YOu also were correct to find a brand of hair with the cuticle in tact BUT Im curious if that is what the sytlist told you? Because it seems that was a lie.

I recomend a shampoo called Hair Support. It was developed for Kemo Patients and now is for everyone. It will help your new hair grow in stronger. If you would like a link to buy the product email me and I will research it for you.

I hate to hear you had a bad experience, dont' give up. Give you hair a few months and try it again, this time with better product. Just because someone has a license doesn't mean that they care! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is meko and I'm interested in getting the hair fusion done on my hair. I have fine/thin hair on the sides and I never wear my hair back. Do you know a good hair salon that specializes in hair fusion and will this process make my hair look thicker on the sides. Also do you know how much the procedure is. I live in CHicago.

• 4 weeks later...

COURUD7346@YAHOO.COM

Hi Ladies,

I was thinking about getting a hair fusion and I'm not sure what kind of hair to get. My hair for some reason was always thought to grow fast appearing to have new growth within days of a perm but it is naturally wavy. The other problem is that my hair is very thick and strong but I want to pick out a hair that will blend well. Should I get human or synthetic. I was going to go to this stylist in Arlington named Cindy but they all speak spanish but she can hook up a black head. The pictures I have seen of her fusions appear to be small claps attached to you're hair....is that a fusion? Also, can anyone recommend someone who can really hook up a head and aren't afraid of thick corse hair. Please email me with you're responses. Thanks

COURUD7346@YAHOO.COM

Hi Ladies,

I was thinking about getting a hair fusion and I'm not sure what kind of hair to get.  My hair for some reason was always thought to grow fast appearing to have new growth within days of a perm but it is naturally wavy.  The other problem is that my hair is very thick and strong but I want to pick out a hair that will blend well.  Should I get human or synthetic.  I was going to go to this stylist in Arlington named Cindy but they all speak spanish but she can hook up a black head.  The pictures I have seen of her fusions appear to be small claps attached to you're hair....is that a fusion? Also, can anyone recommend someone who can really hook up a head and aren't afraid of thick corse hair.  Please email me with you're responses.  Thanks

Hi!

I came across your post this evening. I do not do fusion myself, however I do sell Virgin Indian Remy hair. I also know that this hair works very well on fusion. The hair I sell is 100% virgin. Our hair is full of body and is pretty thick in nature.

I actually have some pictures of some of my hair used to do fusion. The fusion was done by Valencia and it was styled by Reniece.

You can view those pictures on Valencia's online photo gallery:

Please click on the gallery marked RemyHair

If you have any questions or would like to talk about the hair, you can reach me at sales@remyhairtoday.com.

Guest Lanetta

Today I had my hair done by Valencia. It’s BEAUTIFUL!!! I have a full head of fusion extensions put in~ in 2 hours.

(All the fusions are the same size, the hair is soft (I got the wavy type hair/not straight)

Tomorrow, I’m scheduled for a cut/style with Reneice. I can’t wait.

Please give Valencia a call for a free consultation.

You won’t be sorry!!! The price is reasonable and she is quite knowledgeable. Contact her by email: hairbyvalencia@yahoo.com.

I had a bad experience before this ~save your time & money, call Valencia.

• 4 months later...