DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Luke_Wilbur

10 Week Old Puppy Bites

Luke_Wilbur    5

I have a ten week old German Shepard/Alaskan Husky named Denali. My wife and I got Denali in Alaska during our honeymoon. When Denali is good (basically when she is sleepy or asleep) she is the most adorable puppy in the world. But, Denali has a darker side that I have named "Destructo" that bites everything in her site (including me). If anyone has some advice on what to do please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Guest Human   
Guest Human

Bite her on the snout. Let her know who the boss is. (Not hard mind ya, because we humans have more bacteria in our mouths then dogs do.)

UMBRAL    0

Please keep in mind that a 10 week old puppy is begining to teeth so you have to expect some bitting. Dont be suprised if you begin to see his/her teeth in the carpet or on the floors all around the house.

I suggest you go to the pet store and buy a product called Bitter Apple. Spray the Bitter Apple all ofer your hands before Denali bites you. The taste will definitely get him to stop. I also suggest that you spray the bitter apple on anythinng that you find your puppy bitting. I also suggest you purchase quite a few chew toys. This way Denali learns that things with bitter apple are not okay to chew on, things without them he/she can chew from now until infinity.

Luke_Wilbur    5

The Bitter Apple does not work. My dog actually likes the taste. But, I found that Pigs Ears and Kongs filled with treats take her attention away from eating everything else.

Guest Jess   
Guest Jess

Try frozen carrots. Our dog tore everything up, then a trainer and our vet suggested the carrots. It helped quite a bit.

Bitter Apple didn't work for us either.

Hope this helps.

Jessica

Guest Christine   
Guest Christine

Bite her on the snout. Let her know who the boss is. (Not hard mind ya, because we humans have more bacteria in our mouths then dogs do.)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this