Washington DC Message Boards

Jonathan Rees For Dc City Council Ward 3

Guest Mindy Silverman

Guest Mindy Silverman

Has anybody else seen this website > www.rees-for-citycouncil.com ?

He makes sense and maybe it is time we clean house and get us a better city councilmember for Ward 3.

Guest Roger

Yeah, that jerk has been spamming his website on every mailing list and web-group in DC, political or not. I hope he gets what's coming to him. I'm looking forward to tearing down his posters and flipping over his petition tables at every opportunity.

• 1 month later...
Guest Cindy Jenkins

People, I want to apologize for Rodger going around the DC Message Board bashing people needless just because he was unhappy becaue his recent date made fun of his small penis in front of a group of people outside of Starbucks.

Rodger has a anger management problem and needs to stop taking out his short coming (penis) on others.

Guest Cindy Jenkins

People, I want to apologize for Rodger going around the DC Message Board bashing people needless just because he was unhappy becasue his recent date made fun of his small penis in front of a group of people outside of Starbucks.

Rodger has a anger management problem and needs to stop taking out his short coming (penis) on others.

Guest Cindy Jenkins

People, I want to apologize for Rodger going around the DC Message Board bashing people needless just because he was unhappy becasue his recent date made fun of his small penis in front of a group of people outside of Starbucks.

• 2 weeks later...

That appears to be the case -- these people appear to be made up. Here's something interesting: http://mishpat.net/cyberlaw/archive/update15.shtml (Scroll down.)

Guest Tenleytown area

I think the Rees campaign is kaput. He axed his campaign manager (another made up person?) and replaced her with yet another new name. But nobody's heard a peep from the Rees campaign, which is usually very noisy, in a week.

Guest Political insider
Well, there hasn't been a peep from Rees or his supporters on any neighborhood email list in two weeks.  There were a few flyers stapled to posts in my neighborhood a while ago, but these are torn and faded. 

Since Rees has vanished that means his campaign has failed early. 

<<Rees is alive and well as his website has had over 7000 hits in two months, his team is blanketing his ward constantly and I think that he is starting to draw positive attention>>

Guest Campaign watcher

Is this the same Jonathan Rees? I found this online at http://www.angelfire.com/dc2/jrr/

And there's something similar at http://www.angelfire.com/dc2/reesdc/

Jonathan R. Rees

CAREER SUMMARY

Over twenty (25) years of mid to senior business/office management experience consisting of Accounting, Customer Service, Facilities Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Mailroom Operations, Meeting Planning, Policy and Procedures, Purchasing and Vendor Relations, Research and Writing, etcetera in the food, legal, legislative, health care and hospitality industries.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

INSTITUTIONAL DENTAL CARE, INC.

Washington, D.C. 20018

April 2005 to Present

Business Manager

Responsibilities: Responsibilities: Coordinating, administering and supervising all Administrative, Accounting, Customer Service, Facilities Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Mailroom Operations, Meeting Planning, Policy and Procedures, Purchasing and Vendor Relations, Research and Writing for a dental practice that provides its services to assisted living facilities, retirement communities, prisons, hospices and institutions throughout the District of Columbia, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia.

ALBA FOODS CORPORATION

ROYAL AHOLD FOODS, NETHERLANDS

LEGAL DEPARTMENT

Washington, D.C. 20009

January 1990 to March 2005

Office Manager

Responsibilities: Coordinating, administering and supervising all Administrative, Accounting, Customer Service, Facilities Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Mailroom Operations, Meeting Planning, Policy and Procedures, Purchasing and Vendor Relations, Research and Writing functions for a staff of (35) consisting of lawyers, lobbyists, legal assistants, legal analysts, legislative analysts, legislative assistants, paralegals, secretaries and others involved in the monitoring of federal laws and regulations and its impact upon (a) multi-national business(es) involved in domestic and foreign production and/or importing of foods, dry goods and pharmaceutical products.

SMS, INCORPORATED * (Filed bankruptcy in 1995)

DIV OF BERNARD HILL, LTD.

Washington, D.C. 20007

January 1984 to December 1989

Purchasing and Distribution Manager

Responsibilities: Manager of a staff of three involved in the purchasing and distribution of over $60,000,000.00 annually of imported, gourmet food products to retail stores throughout Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

CONCORDIA APARTMENTS

DIV. WORLD BANK

Washington, D.C. 20005

July 1979 - December 1983

Business Manager

Responsibilities: Coordinating, administering and supervising all Administrative, Accounting, Customer Service, Facilities Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Mailroom Operations, Meeting Planning, Policy and Procedures, Purchasing and Vendor Relations and etcetera functions for a staff of (45) desk clerks, reservationists, janitors, secretaries, electricians , plumbers, painters, gardeners, salesmen and others involved in the day to day operations of a 220 unit apartment/hotel community providing housing to employees, guests and other associated with the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.

EDUCATIONAL HISTORY

Columbia Business School

Columbia University

New York, New York

MBA in Management, 1979

Leonard N. Stern School of Business

New York University

New York, New York

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 1977

Major: Management

COMPUTER EXPERIENCE

Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows CE, Windows 3.1, MS Office Suites 2004, MS Access, Adobe Acrobat 7.0, MS Word, Word Perfect, West Law, Lexis-Nexis, C Base, D Base, Super Base, Mc Afee Virus, Norton Systems Work, One Write Plus Accounting, Quick Books Pro 2005, Client Works, Act 4.0, Time Slips, Peachtree Accounting, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point, Quattro Pro, Lotus 1-2-3, Print Shop Deluxe, Adulus Page Maker, Internet Surfing, Netscape Communicator, Internet Explorer, Creating Web Sites, And The Installing And Maintenance Of Hardware And Software.

• 2 weeks later...
Rees is alive and well as his website has had over 7000 hits in two months, his team is blanketing his ward constantly and I think that he is starting to draw positive attention

A few questions: What's Rees position on the class action lawsuit on property tax? Does Rees have a position on dog parks? How can I help his campaign?

Wow.  That was a quick campaign.  I wonder why Rees quit.

Rees quit for the same reason that most candidates drop out. Rees' campaign is already out of money, I'm sure.

And his website hasn't been updated in a long while.

Guest Hector Cruz

I just looked at Rees' website www.dc2006.net, it seems alive and well to me and has had almost 9,000 hits.

Damn people are dumb and shouldn't mislead others.

This Rees guy has a good platform.

Guest Linda Spector

If that Resume Campaign Watcher posted for Rees is correct, then is Rees guy looks better educated than 98% of the people who are reading this silly DC City Pages.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.