Washington DC Message Boards

Taylor Is A Punk

pitts

I'm sorry but Sean Taylor is nothing but a punk. This guy is one year into his contract and is already demanding a new contract!

Taylor has shown glimpses of being great but his attitude and off-field BS hurts the team more. Let's not forget, although he had a solid rookie year, especially the game against the Bears, he also got burned on numerous occasions.

I personally love his hitting style and am willing to give up a few plays in Taylor knocks someone's head off 4 out of 5 times. But he needs to work on his game to become great. Look up and grab an interception. Learn how to read receivers. Things everyone in the league without his talent works on year round.

Taylor is getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. Our society accepts athletes like Taylor getting paid more in a season than what some entire city apartment building’s pull down. But what we do expect in return is effort. We expect our team in be conditioned and be both mentally and physically prepared.

How can you justify not at least taking Coach Joe Gibbs, a Hall of Fame coach? There’s no excuse. This kid hasn’t even paid his NFL rookie dues yet. He is loved by the crowd for his style but his antics won’t be tolerated forever, certainly not if he is missing mandatory workouts.

I pray that the Redskins to not give into Taylor. I’m sick of players these days demanding new contracts. Do they simply forget the fact that they already put there signature, their word, that a previous deal. Taylor is playing for money not the Washington Redskins. No matter how good he is he will never be good for the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't be funny if Taylor used his "one phone call" to contact Gibbs. Seems like all the research into Taylor's character have really paid off.

Do we really need to put provisions in contracts voiding it if our star players get arrested.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest s.taylor#1 fan
I think he's got the same agent as TO in Philly. Go figure. Both players doggessing one year into their multiyear deals. I wonder how much money the agent is going to get with the new deals???

Sean Taylor can doggess all he wants to he is the best

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If Taylor can keep playing strong and not effect the "team" with his off-field problems I have to beef. And it definitely wasn't his one tackle that saved the game, the whole team played well.

Did you happen to notice who got burned on the Dallas bomb, our boy from the U.

Side note: Has anyone noticed what I complete clown Portis is. He's always joking with the team and lightens the mood, He quickly becoming one of my favorite players. Now all we need to do is get him some TD's.

Guest vapunk

Where was Taylor in the fourth quarter of the Sea Hawks left. Did he get hurt?

Hasselback was able to march on the Skins after he left.

Also what is up with Lavar? He played like one or two downs the entire game. What BS is this.