Washington DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Channing Phillips

Stc Latino Gang Leader Sentenced To 25 Years

Guest Channing Phillips

United States Attorney Kenneth L. Wainstein announced that Dimas Antonio Villatoro, 24, of the 5600 block of 13th Street, NW, was sentenced today before the Honorable John H. Bayly, Jr. to 25 years of incarceration for his role in a gang-related non-fatal double-shooting in Adams Morgan during the Summer of 2003. Villatoro was convicted by a Superior Court jury on January 24, 2005, of two counts of Assault with Intent to Kill while Armed, Aggravated Assault while Armed and three counts of Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Crime of Violence.

According to the evidence presented at trial by Assistant United States Attorney Gilberto Guerrero, Jr., the shootings occurred on August 4, 2003, behind the Popeye's Restaurant, located at 1755 Columbia Road, NW, Washington, D.C. (PSA 303). Villatoro, the leader of the Latino gang Street (Thug) Criminals ("STC"), drove his green colored minivan to that location for the purpose of shooting at two persons whom Villatoro believed to be rival Latino gang members of Vatos Locos ("VL"). Seated in the front passenger seat was Villatoro's fellow STC gang member and the shooter, Carlos Hernandez.

Villatoro drove to the alley behind the Popeye's restaurant. Witnesses in that alley saw Villatoro's van pull up alongside a loading dock that services the restaurant. The two victims were standing near the loading dock preparing to exchange a bicycle. Hernandez stepped out of Villatoro's van and began shooting at the victims. One victim ran back inside the restaurant, but not before getting a view of the shooter and a partial view of Villatoro who was seated in the driver's seat of the minivan.

Hernandez then began firing his gun at the second victim. While on the ground, Hernandez shot the second victim multiple times in the chest and torso. During the shootings, Hernandez paused and maneuvered to better position himself and aim directly at the second victim. After shooting the second victim, Hernandez ran back to Villatoro's minivan and entered the front passenger side door. The second victim remained on the ground laying in a pool of blood.

Before Villatoro sped away from the alley, a witness observed the minivan's tag number and gave it to the police. Two witnesses in the alley observed Villatoro's minivan from a relatively short distance. Approximately fifteen minutes after the shootings, an officer with the Metropolitan Police Department ("MPD") observed Villatoro's minivan - with the matching tag number - in the area of Arkansas and Georgia Avenues, NW. Villatoro's minivan was stopped. Officers found Villatoro driving the minivan and Hernandez seated in the front passenger seat, but did not find a gun in the van.

Within 30 minutes of the shootings, MPD transported two witnesses from the alley to the location where Villatoro's minivan was stopped. In separate show-up identification procedures, each witness positively identified Hernandez as the shooter from the alley and Villatoro's minivan as the one that had been in the alley during the shootings.

A government co-operator, and self-admitted former member of STC, heard a confession from Villatoro while in the D.C. jail. Villatoro confessed to the co-operator the planning, execution, and the type of weapon, a .38 Special Revolver, used in the Popeye's shootings. Many months after the shootings, MPD recovered the same .38 Special revolver during the execution of a search warrant of an STC party that was held in a hotel located in Washington, D.C. Subsequent ballistics examinations confirmed that the .38 Special revolver recovered from the hotel party was the gun used in the shootings behind the Popeye's.

Further evidence at trial by the government showed that Villatoro was known to other STC gang members as "Little Boy," and that he was the leader of STC, a violent Latino gang in the District of Columbia. The government's evidence showed that during the time of these crimes (Summer of 2003), STC had been entrenched in a violent feud with their rival and equally violent Latino gang VL. The feud included many violent attacks on both sides and ultimately led to the crimes for which Villatoro was convicted of by the jury.

The shooter in this incident, Carlos Hernandez, 19, of the 1300 block of Peabody Street, NW, Washington, D.C., pled guilty in June 2004 to Assault with Intent to Kill while Armed and Possession of a Firearm during the Commmission of a Crime of Violence. In September 2004, he was sentenced to 110 months in prison.

In announcing today's sentence, United States Attorney Wainstein praised the work of MPD detectives who investigated the case, including: Lee Littlejohn, Curtis Prince, Eduardo Voysest, Lazaro Gonzalez, Emilio Martinez, Elba Longo, Francisco Santiago, Jed Worrel, Gregory Sullivan, Robert Alder, and Don Juan Monroe; MPD Officers Travis Barton, Keith Batton, Perry Hoak, Reuben Jefferson, AC Greene, and John Hansohn; MPD Mobile Crime Technicians Dawn Leary and Debra Hayes; MPD Firearms Examiner Johnathan Pope; and USAO Criminal Investigator John F. Regan. United States Attorney Wainstein also commended the staff of the United States Attorney's Office, including Assistant United States Attorneys Gilberto Guerrero, Jr., who presented the government's evidence, Diane Lucas and Chad Sarchio, who investigated the case, and Paralegal Richard Cheatham and Legal Assistant Debra Smith, who assisted in the prosecution.

I believe that Washington, DC would be better off of we had never allowed these people from El Salvador to immigrate to the USA as all they have brought to our area is violence, their unhealthy life-style, their lack of good hygiene and they have lowered the standards.

It is time to round all of these illegal aliens up and send them back home.

Vote for me and I will end the MPD policy of not reporting illegals to ICE.

Sam Brooks

Candidate for Ward Three City Council

I was reading your biography

http://brooks2006.com/2005/10/about-sam-br...esident-of.html

I would love to read your senior thesis about Marion Barry.

Being of Spanish heritage I consider this a big insult. Besides removing illegal aliens, how would you make the District a safer place to live.

Guest sleepy stc
I believe that Washington, DC would be better off of we had never allowed these people from El Salvador to immigrate to the USA as all they have brought to our area is violence, their unhealthy life-style, their lack of good hygiene and they have lowered the standards.

Sam Brooks

man **to perform an anatomical sexual impossibility** u white piece of ***brown trout*** go back where ur **to perform an anatomical sexual impossibility**in anscetors came from u piece of ***brown trout***.....

Guest john black

u idio not all salvadorian are criminal but if u mess with us we got ball not like you stupid.

Guest MUJER LATINA
:huh: LOOK ITS BEEN A WHILE THE STREET OF WASHINGTON DC ARE NOT ONLY IN VIOLENCE BY THE LATINO COMMUNITY WE ALSO HAVE ALOT OF WHITE PEOPLE WHO ARE SYCO VIOLENT THAT HAVE NO MORAL THAT ARE CRAZY INSANE SUCH AS BOMBING BUILDING WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT WE ALL ARE CREATED IGUAL EVEN AS MUCH U DON'T LIKE IT BUT NOT ONLY THAT WE HAVE ALOT OF BLACK AFRICAN AMERICAN ALSO ROBBING AND ALSO KILLING THE LATINO COMMUNITY AND SELLING DRUGS AROUND THE WASHINGTON DC AREA NOTTHING YET HAS BEEN DONE SO YOU SHOULD TAKE THOSE WORDS BACK AND STOP BENING A RACES YOUR JUST A SCUM BAG NO ONE WOULD VOTES FOR RACES PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND BESIDES LATINOS ALSO VOTE YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD CONSIDER AND THINK FOR YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENT GOD WILL PUNISH YOUR EVIL THOUGHTS.........................MUJER LATINA---------------------JUSTICE WILL BE SERVE SOMEDA

Guest flame

Sam Brooks

i believe u r a racist m f

Guest Jessica

Sam Brooks

huh..no...everyone is a criminal not just hispanic.so get your facts striaght.

Guest MarcMcus

Mr. Sam Brokks, Thanks for your post.

I am with you on this one. I have been living and working in Washington, DC for over 30 years and I am overwhelmed with "majority" of Latinos population who could careless about the host city/coutry whether they were born here, or migrated here since their parents generation. It is so sad that they "don't want to get along to other cultures." Well, not only the Latinos but the growing population of the Europeans, the Ethiopians, the Indian (from India), the Pakistanians, etc. have become more aggressive and, again, sadly that the "cultures just don't mix" have been an irony issues to someone like me who want to "blend in" with others.

You got my vote, Mr. Sam Brooks.

I vote to send ALL illegal aliens "back home, for good." That includes the "illegal Europeans" who have come to work and "take over" aggressively our jobs, become "obnoxious" and "bash out" the rest of us - Americans.

We need to raise an awareness of our own blood, culture, and our own people.

Guest ElSav

To John Black and flame,

This is how you talk, walk and spit on us. Go back to where you belong. We don't need you here.

Guest overdose stc

S.T.C EIGHTEEN ALL DAY FREE MA HOMIE WE CONTROL DA STREETS (S)TREET (T)HUG ©RIMINALS STREETS DNT RUN US WE RUN DA STREETS!! FUK MS,VL,LVL, N DA REST FAKE TRASH!!

Guest WhiteMan

The Latino community views the american lifestyle as backwards.

You don't put family first, you are rude, insulting the older generation, no respect for others.

Barbarians!

Guest uptown

frak these white motherfrakers Uptown we holding it down for the homies they be out (S)treet (T)hugs ©riminal freeee all the homie frak ms13 VL & them doggess as little clicks fakee ass niggahs !