Washington DC Message Boards

Voip

Guest Human

Guest Human

I don't know how to put this question, so I will be just blunt about it.

Isn't VOIP just a hybrid program that I use to use back in 95, in the voice chats?

Guest Phonetech

Voice over Internet Protocol, a category of hardware and software that enables people to use the Internet as the transmission medium for telephone calls by sending voice data in packets using IP rather than by traditional circuit transmissions of the PSTN. One advantage of VoIP is that the telephone calls over the Internet do not incur a surcharge beyond what the user is paying for Internet access, much in the same way that the user doesn't pay for sending individual e-mails over the Internet.

Why not try AOL® Internet Phone Service is a new Voice-Over-Internet-Phone service that saves you money by using your existing high-speed Internet connection to make phone calls - with the home telephone you already have. Plus, it combines your phone, voicemail, and e-mail in one place - for the most powerful communication tool available.

Guest Human

I use to be on aol, back in 97, but aol was just to wild for me. I still have people there, and they tell me it is still wild, and since I am a mellow human; aol and I would not be in sink with each other.

HOWEVER, I do thankyou for your answer. :)

For what ever it is worth, AOL should pay you people far more then what they are paying you to work there. You people are worth every penny.

• 4 weeks later...