DC Message Boards
Guest Amy Brengle

Family in need

Guest Amy Brengle

My name is Amy Brengle and I am currently staying in a hotel room and am unemployed. I am panhandling every day to pay for the room. I have 2 children under the age of 6. It's constant struggle just to make it day by day. We have lost almost everything we have owned except for a few bags of clothes and some toys for the kids. I have looked into shelters but they are full or won't let my fiance stay with us because we are not married yet. If there is anyone who knows of any help so we can actually be a happy family again please contact me @ adb2693@gmail.com or 240-855-4821. Thank you for opening up your heart and giving my family a chance to even be happy again.

Affordable Dwelling Units

The mission of the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is to create and preserve opportunities for affordable housing and economic development and to revitalize underserved communities in the District of Columbia.

To this end, in June of 2009 the Mayor granted DHCD the authority to monitor and enforce compliance with requirements to provide or maintain Affordable Dwelling Units (ADUs) in the District of Columbia. Affordable Dwelling Unit is an umbrella term applied to the for-sale and for-rent homes that are locally restricted for occupancy by households whose income falls within a certain range and are generally offered at a below-market rate. ADUs do not include for-sale and for-rent homes that are federally restricted (e.g. HOME, LIHTC, CDBG) or developments funded through HPTF. ADUs are generally produced in exchange for zoning relief, tax incentives, public financing, and/or the right to purchase or lease District-owned land. Specific ADU provisions, such as the affordability period, income limits, and resale restrictions, are set out in deeds, covenants, land disposition agreements, ADU administration plans and other originating documents. These provisions have historically varied from project to project, as each is a result of a unique negotiation or project approval. However, ADU restrictions have recently become more standardized.

Contact information:

District of Columbia Government

Department of Housing and Community Development

1800 Martin Luther King Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20020

Phone: (202) 442-7200

Fax: (202) 645-6727

TTY: 711

Email: dhcd@dc.gov

Office Hours:

Monday to Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm

Housing Resource Center:

Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.