Washington DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kenneth L. Wainstein

Maryland Teenager Pleads Guilty

Guest Kenneth L. Wainstein

United States Attorney Kenneth L. Wainstein announced that Santresa R. Eskridge, 19, of Laurel, Maryland, pled guilty today to voluntary manslaughter while armed (knife) before the Honorable Judith E. Retchin in D.C. Superior Court. Eskridge is scheduled to be sentenced on July 19, 2005. She faces a maximum sentence of up to 30 years in prison under the statute and a likely sentence of between 7½ years to 15 years in accordance with the recently adopted voluntary Superior Court guidelines.

The government's evidence showed that on December 27, 2004, at approximately 10:20 p.m., the Metropolitan Police Department received a call for a shooting in the 300 block of Bryant Street, NE (PSA 503). Once there, the police found Tayrome Hilliard unconscious. He was pronounced dead on the scene. An autopsy revealed that Mr. Hilliard had been stabbed once in the heart, not shot.

The police questioned Ms. Eskridge, who admitted she was the only one with the decedent. After providing several false stories, she eventually confessed to stabbing her boyfriend. Eskridge claimed that she and her boyfriend had gotten into a dispute because her boyfriend's cousin had made derogatory comments over the telephone about Eskridge's physical handicap. During the argument, Eskridge alleged that her boyfriend slapped her several times so she pulled out a knife and stabbed him once in the heart. Eskridge admitted at today's plea hearing, that she did not fear for her safety, but, in fact, was "upset."

In announcing today's guilty plea, United States Attorney Wainstein praised the work of Metropolitan Police Department Detectives Chris Kauffman, Robert Alder and Kimberly Lawrence. He also commended Victim Advocate Marcey Rinker and Assistant United States Attorney Thomas DiBiase, who prosecuted the case.

Guest Carlton Fenner

frak THAT... she deserves to burn hell for murdering my cousin. NO one deserves to be killed for being mad fun of, and it wasn't even him that apparently insulted her! Someone that was loved and endeared by his friends and family was stabbed in the heart because again because a girl was self-conscious of her physical handicap... WTF!?!? 7 1/2 years is not long enough for her especially if you consider how trivial her reason for murdering him was... I believe the justice department was lenient on her sentence because she is physically handicap which is complete and utter bullcrap!

Guest Chae White

yes she does, she was a great friend of mine. I just so happened to stumble on the article while searching for her facebook on google. I cant believe this...smh

She was a really sweet girl, but i never knew that something like this would happen.

Guest Thxs d.c police

Well u dont know her because as u say because this girl been racking people lives seet she was 15th she needed to stay behind bars

Guest Chae White

i would love to know where she is being held... or where i can write her, I'm a very concerned friend... and she hasnt been WRECKING anyones life. Its clear that she was/is not mentally stable. smh.

Guest Mr Edwards

This girl knows what she's doing at all times when she lived in d.c she had to girlfriend

Of hers to do things that she knew were wrong she ran a little crew in d.c and she was the

Ringleader so Mr.white did u know that.