Washington DC Message Boards

Nationals Games Won't Be Available On Comcast

Guest PissedoffNatsFan

Guest PissedoffNatsFan

I just found this article on the AP and I had to share it. Being a Nats fan living

in the District, I am extremely pissed off. Why do fans have to suffer because

of corporate bigwigs bicker over how much of our money they will get.

Washington Nationals baseball games won't be available on Comcast cable channels anytime soon.

Any hope for the cable system to pick up the new network designed to carry the Nats games took a hit Thursday afternoon when Comcast sued Major League Baseball, the Baltimore Orioles (website - news) and the newly formed Mid-Atlantic Sports Network.

Other than games already set to be shown on WDCA Channel 20, ESPN and Fox, Comcast says it won't televise the Nationals game on its cable channels throughout the Baltimore-Washington region until the suit is resolved.

Channel 20 has committed to carry at least 76 Nationals games this season in traditional, over-the-air broadcasts. Mid-Atlantic Sports is also in final negotiations with satellite broadcaster DirecTV to carry up to 140 Nats games.

Comcast filed the lawsuit to prevent the Baltimore Orioles from leaving Comcast SportsNet and jumping to MASN starting in the 2007 season.

• 4 months later...