DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DC Government Worker

Ringling Brothers And Barnum And Bailey Circus

Guest DC Government Worker

The Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus is in town, and the stars of the show -- the elephants -- will march on Capitol Hill Monday afternoon.

Once the animals unload at Union Station, they'll take a leisurely stroll to the MCI Center, where the circus is being held. The animal walk is set for 1:30 p.m.

The animals are set to walk the following route:

32nd and D Streets, SE

Minnesota Avenue

E. Capitol Street, NE, over the Young Bridge

C Street, NE

Massachusetts Avenue, NE

Columbus Circle, Union Station

Louisiana Avenue, NW

Constitution Avenue in front of U.S. Capitol on the Senate side

3rd Street to G Street, NW to the loading dock at MCI Center

The elephants won't be alone this year, a donkey will take the walk as well to celebrate the nonpartisan event of the circus and the spirit of the Nation's Capital.

The "greatest show on earth" is at MCI from March 24 through March 28.

It then moves to the Patriot Center at George Mason University in Fairfax from March 30 to April 3, then returns to D.C. for shows at the D.C. Armory April 6 through April 17.

Guest Neil Dicklman

Your Website says that the circus will be at the DC Armory April 6-17, but the Armory says that is not the case. I would like to go to the circus April 12. Where will you be?

Guest Krusty

From March 21 - March 26 , Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® transforms the DC Armory with the 135th Edition Red Tour of The Greatest Show On Earth!

I've been doing this show for so long that when I started, the Ayatollah only had a goatee...

Guest Sandy MacCracken

Hi -

Do you have the route of today's (March 26th) parade??

From March 21 - March 26 , Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® transforms the DC Armory with the 135th Edition Red Tour of The Greatest Show On Earth!

I've been doing this show for so long that when I started, the Ayatollah only had a goatee...