Washington DC Message Boards

American Politics - Football Mentality

The American political culture is becoming more and more like something you would see in professional sports. People are more into the Democratic Donkeys and the Republican Elephants than the actual issues. How can we expect to progress as a country if we do not pay attention to what is really going on.

make-it-blue.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roman

Liberals are out of touch with American mainstream ideals and no longer represent the America people. They now represent the fragmented extreme left wing---- enviro-whackos, communists, pro-Saddam regime protestors and gay right activists which disgusts 75% of America.

Liberalism is dead.

Democrats will remain the minority party until they move back to the center and represent the American workers again.

Liberals are disgusting

Roman,

What does liberals have to do with a football mentality??? I do not understand

your point.

I do agree with your point that the Democrats have to move to the center more to reach American Workers.

What do you think about outsourcing our jobs to China, India, and all of the other cheap labor countries?

Guest Roman

Liberals have supported the slaughter of 40 million American babies since 1973, raised an admitted murderer of innocents in Veit Nam to a Presidential nominee position, and a Clinton appointee ( Judge Greer ) ruled to starve a bed ridden woman ( Terri ) until her eyes bled and ears inploded and deemed her life as worthless ( like Hitler did ).

Liberals are cold blooded killers.

Stay alive, vote filthy liberals out of office.

Roman,

Just a little guidelines on how to use this forum. Please keep your responses with the topic being discussed. This way you can post topics that interest you and have people respond to them appropriately. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

In a bitter battle for sales, American news media cynically fan the flames of divisive behavior with irresponsible headlines that prey on public paranoia. They ruthlessly take advantage of ordinary people's natural anxiety and crank it up to a fever pitch.

• 3 months later...

There are a couple of problems with what you wrote:

1. Most of the people here in the States are not paying attention whatsoever to any of the politics or politicians.

2. If you asked most of the people where the District of Columbia is, they would tell you it's in Canada or maybe the UK. They wouldn't have a clue.

3. Most of the people are too overweight to walk one city block without taking a (cigarette) break and they couldn't possibly even lift a rifle or a pitchfork.

4. 'American Idol' just began its 9th season and many/most people aren't about to miss that nor are they going to get off the couch and take to the streets by the millions when they must watch their football games.

5. When most people vote, they vote how they have been programmed by the corporate media and by their families (such as "we've always been a Democratic [or Republican] family). They vote for a politician on name recognition and the politicians' feel-good pabulum speeches and party-line indoctrination. A politician's voting records, facts and basic sense are not a part of the thinking process for most voters. (One recent example of that: most people could care less about Obama's Bush-accomplice voting record the short time he was in the senate.

When some of us tried to talk about his voting record, we were called "troll" and "Republican operative" by the Dem disciples and then they began chanting the marketing slogans "hope" and "change we can believe in" repeatedly.

I have a very strong feeling that the D and R rut will continue since most people are cemented in the D and R rut, which means the status quo will continue with a slow decline and the nation will continue its decline.

I find it interesting that we Americans are doing exactly the opposite of what this country's founding father warned us against.

President George Washington Farewell Address:

United States 19th September 1796

Friends, & Fellow--Citizens.

One of the expedients of Party to acquire influence, within particular districts, is to misrepresent the opinions & aims of other Districts. You cannot shield yourselves too much against the jealousies & heart burnings which spring from these misrepresentations. They tend to render Alien to each other those who ought to be bound together by fraternal Affection.

Let me now take a more comprehensive view, & warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the Spirit of Party, generally.

This Spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human Mind. It exists under different shapes in all Governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but in those of the popular form it is seen in its greatest rankness and is truly their worst enemy.

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissension, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty.

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight) the common & continual mischief of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and the duty of a wise People to discourage and restrain it.

In contemplating the causes which may disturb our Union, it occurs as matter of serious concern, that any ground should have been furnished for characterizing parties by Geographical discriminations--Northern and Southern--Atlantic and Western; whence designing men may endeavour to excite a belief that there is a real difference of local interests and views.

George Washington

It is my hope that we consider our country's greatest leader and reclaim our personal liberty of being independent thinkers. This means putting a real value in independent citizen candidates that put "We" before "I".

Edited by wiley

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sorry you feel that way when it has been Republicans that are continuing to make this mess.

Case example.

Senator Richard Shelby is currently holding hostage confirmation of President Obama's cabinet members, because his state will gain 1,500 jobs if Northrop wins a fuel tanker contract. This is more dirty Republican politics that Americans don't want.

Yeah BlingBling!!! There was NO Special Interest groups in health care reform;

There were NONE.UNIONS!!!!!!

It's kinda funny how the tables turn; Don't you think? No where for you to run this time blingbling.

Nancy Pelosi; Ram it threw, one way or the other.

Then there is this; The "spending freeze" in context

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2010/01/spending_freeze_context

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Union-workers-would-be-exempt-from-Dem-health-care-tax_06_23-48810402.html

Guest knuckles25

Limbaugh and Beck both just recently started referring to liberals as "Kool-Aid Drinkers" and now I see that all over the place on various boards. Just goes to show where many are getting both their information and irrational hatred for the current president from. Try balancing out your news sources and hear both sides. By limiting yourself to just one source you never get to see the whole picture. Just the picture they WANT you to see.

Then the democrats should stop advertising about them. When I use to go to the political message boards, I didn't know about fox news, but the democrats sure were typing about them left, and right.

Evil this, evil that, and after awhile I got curious to see what they were typing about. I like fox news now.

To this day, I still don't listen to Rush Limbaugh "honest". I use to listen too Jeffery St. John "He was good".

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/01/12/us/jeffrey-st-john-66-author-journalist-and-commentator.html?pagewanted=1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Limbaugh and Beck both just recently started referring to liberals as "Kool-Aid Drinkers" and now I see that all over the place on various boards. Just goes to show where many are getting both their information and irrational hatred for the current president from. Try balancing out your news sources and hear both sides. By limiting yourself to just one source you never get to see the whole picture. Just the picture they WANT you to see.

Guest Joseph Racioppi

Until the American people shatter the myth that there is any real, demonstrable difference in the two major parties, we will be condemned to voting every four years between plutocrat A and plutocrat B.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Truthseeker

I say that all men ought above all things

To guard against suspicion. For, though innocent,

Still if you are suspected, you're unfortunate.

And thus his native city of Crotona

Slew Philolaus; for the jealous citizens

Thought that his house betrayed a tyrant's purpose.

Guest ALWAYSRED

Voters now trust Republicans more than Democrats on eight out of 10 key issues regularly tracked by Rasmussen Reports, but the gap between the two parties has grown narrower on several of them.

Although the issue of health care continues to be at the forefront of the national political debate, voters rate health care as number five on the list of 10 important issues. The economy remains the top issue of voter concern as it has been for over two years. The only exception being last September when voters put government ethics and corruption at the top of the list.

Republicans lead Democrats 46% to 41% in terms of voter trust on the economy. In early January 2009, just before President Obama took office, Democrats held a nine-point lead on this issue. More voters who make under $20,000 annually trust Democrats on this issue, but voters in higher income ranges favor Republicans.

Voters trust Democrats more on government ethics and corruption, 35% to 28%. But 27% are not sure who to trust.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/trust_on_issues

Guest Ron Holland

Today the constitutional protections have become just another dead document through the actions of Bush and Obama. A recent, WSJ/NBC poll showed that only 3% of Americans believe the government is doing a good job. Given the margin of error in the poll, the real % could have been zero.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.