Washington DC Message Boards

who is this man Jesus?

eninn

Muhammad: A Prophet Like Unto Moses

In the Book of Deuteronomy, Moses relays what God told him, “I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee (Moses), and will put My words in his mouth; and will speak unto them all that I shall command him.” First, note the phrase ‘from among their brethren’.

Ishmael and Isaac were both brothers and they were the children of Prophet Abraham. When Prophet Moses, may peace and blessings be upon him, was quoting God as promising to send a prophet like Moses the verse says ‘from among their brethren’. Who are the brethren of the Israelites? They are, simply, the Ishmaelites. This is a clear and straightforward indication that the prophet who is going to be ‘like unto Moses’ from the brethren of the Israelites is Prophet Muhammad, may peace and blessing be upon him.

In fact, the Hebrew dictionary of the Bible defines brethren, as used in the biblical sense, in the following terms: it says it is the personification of a group of tribes who were regarded as near kinsmen to the Israelites. There is no nearer kinsmen tribe to the Israelites other than the Ishmaelites because they are their brethren- descendents of the brother of Isaac. It is consistent.

“Like Unto Thee”

I think perhaps one crucial phrase that is used in the verse is when it says “from among their brethren, like unto thee.” (Duet 18:18) God is saying that He will raise up a prophet that is similar to Moses. This is significant because the only great prophets, who came after Moses, were Jesus and Muhammad. However, it does not apply to Jesus because he is not really from the brethren of the Israelites. He is himself an Israelite.

There are similarities between Moses and Jesus in the sense that they were both Jews and they were both prophets. They both had profound miracles; during their time the rulers had ordered the killing of all male children and so on. But again that contradicts the term ‘brethren’ that has already been explained. Even then, we find that when taken for the sake of argument that Jesus is a possible candidate for this prophecy, you’ll find that there are a great deal more similarities between Prophets Moses and Muhammad than the similarities between prophets Moses and Jesus, may peace and blessings be upon them all.

First of all, Moses was regarded as a Prophet and Muhammad was also regarded as a Prophet while Jesus (at least by Christians) was regarded as the Son of God. This point, alone, precludes Jesus. Because the prophecy is about a prophet like unto Moses. When Jesus is regarded as God incarnate, or the Son of God then that precludes him; at least this specific prophecy doesn’t apply to him. Like I mentioned last time, there are other prophecies that apply to Jesus but not this one.

Secondly, in terms of parents, Moses had a normal mother and father and so did Muhammad. Jesus, however, was born only from a mother. In terms of birth, the birth of Moses was normal so was Muhammad’s where as Jesus’ birth was a virgin birth according to both the Muslim and Christian faiths.

Regarding family life: Moses married and had children so did Muhammad but it’s quite unlikely with Jesus. As far as we know, there are no records of him marrying or having any children.

In terms of death, Moses and Muhammad both had natural deaths from natural causes; the death of Jesus (according to the Christian faith) was a violent death- nailed to the cross.

In terms of the emphasis on his mission, we find that Moses’ mission was both spiritual and legal; he brought about a law. So did Muhammad. Jesus’ mission, on the other hand, was spiritual. Actually, he said ‘Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill’ (Mathew 5:17).

Regarding acceptance of leadership: Moses’ leadership was, for the most part, accepted by his people. They may have given him a hard time but his leadership was accepted during his lifetime. The same is true for Muhammad. Whereas Jesus himself complained that his leadership was not accepted, but was resisted, by the very people he was sent to- the Israelites. He mentions this often.

In terms of career, we find that Moses had a career both as a prophet and as a governor/ ruler to implement the divine law. Such is the same for Muhammad. In the case of Jesus, his career did not include that authority.

In terms of battles and encounters with enemies: We find that Moses did encounter his enemies, the Egyptians and they were drowned- he had victory over them. Muhammad did encounter the pagans that tried to destroy him and his followers and he had victory over them in the battlefield. No such event occurs, in terms of physical combat, in the case of Prophet Jesus may peace and blessings be upon him.

In terms of the mission: We find that the mission of Prophet Moses was completed in a sense that he not only succeeded in his preaching, but also established a new order following those commandments. The same thing is applicable to Muhammad. Before his death, there was already an Islamic community that was victorious over its enemies. In the case of Jesus, we find the opposite is true. The persecution of Christians persisted for many years to come and not until the year 325, when Constantine was said to have embraced Christianity, did the pressures on Christians begin to lighten.

These points are not the only ones. Another striking similarity is that Moses left Egypt, his birthplace at a time when there was a conspiracy to kill him and he went to Median, to Prophet Jethro. Muhammad, also, left his birthplace, Mecca, on the same night he was to be assassinated and fled to Medina.

“Put My Words in His Mouth”

The way the revelation came to Prophet Muhammad was that Angel Gabriel would come to him and dictate to him and then Muhammad would simply recites what was said to him. In other words, Muhammad was not the author of the Qur’an, as many people make this mistake. He is not the author of it, he did not create it, and he was not even using his own intellect and knowledge when he recited the Qur’an.

He was simply repeating what Gabriel was saying. This is not a hidden secret. It continued for 23 years in the presence of hundreds of followers and that the Qur’an was committed directly to memory in his presence as well as in writing. What could be a more beautiful explanation of the phrase ‘put My words in his mouth’? That God was putting the words in the mouth of Prophet Muhammad; that he was repeating what was exactly dictated to him.

To make sure that things are put in the proper context let me cite the verse following that one. It says, “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall not hearken unto My words which he shall speak in My name, I will require it of him. But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.” (Deut. 18: 19-20) This in the biblical language also means that he shall be put to death.

This is an interesting point because one of the signs of that foretold prophet is that he will speak in the name of God. That term has been repeated twice in verses 19 and 20. Now, this is an extremely interesting point to comment on for those who are not familiar with the Qur’an. The Qur’an contains 114 chapters called surahs. 113 of these surahs start with “Bismi Allah Al Rahman Al Raheem” which translates to “In the name of God the Beneficent, the merciful.” Virtually every chapter in the Qur’an starts with in the name of God. That’s quite interesting because the prophecy says that he will speak in the name of God, not the authorship of Muhammad that he’s presenting this in the name of God but because God revealed that to him.

This is interesting because usually the Christian term we normally hear is ‘In the name of the Father,’ or ‘In the name of the Lord,’ or ‘In the name of God,’ but that’s not the name of God. That’s a description. Only the term Allah is the personal name of God. This is corroborating evidence, again, that beautifully and perfectly fits with the terms used in the Book of Deuteronomy.

The practicality of Islamic Law is one particular aspect that truly impressed me at that time, coming, again, from my Christian background. It is a great blessing that in Islam one finds detailed teachings that result in their desired goals while, at the same time, being extremely practical and consistent with human nature. The lack of such teachings is one of the greatest dilemmas faced by Christianity. For example, with respect to societal cohesion and interaction, the greatest teachings found in the New Testament are what are known as “the hard sayings” of Jesus. They are as follows:

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:38-48).

Christian scholars themselves are perplexed. How are such obviously impossible or impractical teachings to be applied? Just one example of a discussion of these words will suffice to show how perplexing they are to those who staunchly believe in them:

[For interpreting these words, t]he model proposed by Joachim Jeremias is simple, representative, and of continuing influence. According to this model, the Sermon usually is seen in one of three ways: (1) as a perfectionist code, fully in line with the legalism of rabbinic Judaism; (2) as an impossible ideal, meant to drive the believer first to desperation, and then to trust in God's mercy; or (3) as an ‘interim ethic’ meant for what was expected to be a brief period of waiting in the end time, and which is now obsolete. Jeremias adds his own fourth thesis: The Sermon is an indicative depiction of incipient life in the kingdom of God, which presupposes as its condition of possibility the experience of conversion. More complex or comprehensive schematizations have been offered, but most major interpreters can be understood in relation to the options posed by Jeremias.[1]

In Islam, there are no such dilemmas. The teachings are easy, flexible, practical and completely suited to everyday life, even for a new Muslim living in a completely non-Islamic environment, such as I was. The famed author James A. Michener also noted and appreciated this aspect of Islam. In one of the earliest writings that I had read about Islam, entitled “Islam—the Misunderstood Religion,” Michener wrote,

The Koran is remarkably down-to-earth in its discussion of the good life. In one memorable passage it directs: ‘When ye deal with each other in transactions involving future obligations reduce them to writing… and get two witnesses…’ It is this combination of dedication to one God, plus practical instruction, that makes the Koran unique.[2

Ennin,

I appreciate your last two responses. I will pray to understand what you are writing. But, to keep order in this discourse here is the list of unanswered questions I have given you.

Who are those that believe that God (Allah) is the third of the Trinity?

Does Qur'an refer to those that believe in Trinity consider the three Jesus, Mary, and God or is it Jesus, Holy Spirit, and God?

Is Gabriel or God's Holy Spirit the Pure Spirit that is mentioned in the Qur'an?

Was Gabriel talking about the Gnostics belief in God, Jesus, and Sophia (Wisdom)?

Was Gabriel talking Gnostic, Second Treatise of the Great Seth, where Simon of Cyrene took on Jesus form and died in his place, while Jesus stood laughing?

Do Muslims believe when Jesus died that he was struck with a piece of a dead yellow cow and brought back to life?

Is Mary a prophet?

What was the purpose of Allah creating Jesus in the womb of Mary?

Is there any other words Christ the Messiah spoke in Qur'an other than 19:26-33?

What was Allah's purpose in creating the only sinless being that ever existed?

What was Allah's purpose in making Jesus appear to be crucified to both the Jews and Christians for 600 years?

What was Allah's purpose in having Jesus Ascend to Heaven?

What is the purpose of Allah bringing back Jesus at the end of days?

Does Islam see the relation between Allah and Humans as Creator and His creation or Master and His slaves?

Who is "We" mentioned in the Surat An-Naĥl (The Bee) 16:97? I also noticed the same "We" in Surat Al-'Anbyā' (The Prophets) 21:91

Is the angel Gabriel? Is "We" referring to Allah and the Holy Spirit?

In my faith Angels do not have the power to create.

What is the sign? Tell me more about the sign.

Would the Didache, Codex Sinaiticus, John Rylands Papyrus 52, The Magdalen Papyrus, Chester Beatty Papyrus 46, and the continual compilation of evidence be considered the Injeel?

Can you explain why Allamah Jalaluddin Suyuti, Uthman bin Saeed bin Uthman Abu Amro al-Daani, Tafseer Ibn Kathir state there is a discrepancy in the number of verses in the Quran

Do you see "Allah as King (al-Malik)" and "Son of God" as only metaphors?

Is there anything beneath or above Allah?

Do you now recognize the written Qumran Isaiah Scroll preserved in its entirety 750 years before Mohammed to be the word of Allah? If not, why?

Is that a book to you? Or just a scroll?

I appreciate your time in answering my one question.

Do you believe Allah is your Father?

Ennin your answer was:

To make sure that things are put in the proper context let me cite the verse following that one. It says, “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall not hearken unto My words which he shall speak in My name, I will require it of him. But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.” (Deut. 18: 19-20) This in the biblical language also means that he shall be put to death.

This is an interesting point because one of the signs of that foretold prophet is that he will speak in the name of God. That term has been repeated twice in verses 19 and 20. Now, this is an extremely interesting point to comment on for those who are not familiar with the Qur’an. The Qur’an contains 114 chapters called surahs. 113 of these surahs start with “Bismi Allah Al Rahman Al Raheem” which translates to “In the name of God the Beneficent, the merciful.” Virtually every chapter in the Qur’an starts with in the name of God. That’s quite interesting because the prophecy says that he will speak in the name of God, not the authorship of Muhammad that he’s presenting this in the name of God but because God revealed that to him.

I am happy to see that you use the Book of Deuteronomy as evidence to support your argument.

You are correct that people who claimed to be prophets but distorted or misrepresented the Word of God were subject to execution in Israel. This is why Jesus was put to death. Jesus was rejected by His own and considered a false prophet. The Apostles and John the Baptist met the same fate. Deuteronomy reveals the importance of presenting the Word of God accurately. I hope that all servants of God (Allah) and scholars take notice of the importance of what is written.

Just so we understand the importance of this passages you cite we need to go back close to the source as possible. I will start by referencing the Dead Sea Scroll called 4QDeuteronomy-n that was found in Qumran Cave 4. 4QDeuteronomy-n was dated back to 150 years before Christ and 650 years before Mohammed.

4QDeuteronomy-n text is similar in style to the Samaritan Pentateuch. So I will use a normalized version of the Pentateuch in Hebrew.

https://sites.google.com/site/interlinearpentateuch/about-translation

Deuteronomy 18

18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

18:16 According to all that thou desires of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.

18:17 And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.

18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

18:19 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

18:22 When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Ennin you wrote:

This is interesting because usually the Christian term we normally hear is ‘In the name of the Father,’ or ‘In the name of the Lord,’ or ‘In the name of God,’ but that’s not the name of God. That’s a description. Only the term Allah is the personal name of God. This is corroborating evidence, again, that beautifully and perfectly fits with the terms used in the Book of Deuteronomy.

The passage in Deuteronomy the term Lord is used directly by God. In Exodus God directly tells Moses names to call him: I AM THAT I AM, Here am I, The God of thy Father, God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob, LORD God of your fathers, The LORD God of the Hebrews, LORD our God, LORD, God.

Exodus 3

3:2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush [was] not consumed.

3:3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

3:4 And when the God saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

3:5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou stands is holy ground.

3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

3:7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which [are] in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

3:8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and Girgashites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

3:9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.

3:10

Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou may bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

3:11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

3:12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this [shall be] a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.

3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, [when] I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What [is] his name? what shall I say unto them?

3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this [is] my name for ever, and this [is] my memorial unto all generations.

3:16 Go, and gather the elders of sons of Israel together, and say unto them, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and [seen] that which is done to you in Egypt:

3:17 And I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and Girgashites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, unto a land flowing with milk and honey.

3:18 And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him, The LORD God of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.

3:19 And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.

3:20 And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go.

3:21 And I will give this people favor in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty:

3:22 And every man shall borrow of his associate, and every woman shall borrow of her associate, from neighbour, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put [them] upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians.

4:1 And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee.

4:2 And the LORD said unto him, What [is] that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.

4:3 And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.

4:4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand:

4:5 That they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.

4:6 And the LORD said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out of his bosom, behold, his hand [was] leprous as snow.

4:7 And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his [other] flesh.

4:8 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign.

4:9 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe also these two signs, neither hearken unto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of the river, and pour [it] upon the dry [land]: and the water which thou takest out of the river shall become blood upon the dry [land].

4:10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I [am] not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I [am] slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

4:12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

4:13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.

4:14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, [is] not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he comes forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart.

4:15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.

4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, [even] he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

4:17 And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.

Does the Qur'an mention these names of God. I AM THAT I AM, Here am I, The God of thy Father, God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob, LORD God of your fathers, The LORD God of the Hebrews, LORD our God, LORD, God?

I read the term 'Allah' means 'the God.' If correct 'the God' would be considered good usage if used in proper context. Arab Christians today use terms such as Allāh al-Ab, meaning God the Father. I have also read the term 'Allah' was used by Meccans as a reference to a creator deity within a pantheon of gods pre-Islamic Arabia. 'I AM THAT I AM (YHWH אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה, ʾehyeh ʾašer ʾehyeh)' is the most famous name of God in the Torah. The Jewish faith favors using the word Adonai, meaning Lord, and is understood to be God's proper name and to denote his mercy. Like myself, many Christians follow this Jewish custom and replace it with "the Lord".

John 4

4:24 God is spirit, and the people who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

4:25 The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (the one called Christ); “whenever he comes, he will tell us everything.”

4:26 Jesus said to her, “I, the one speaking to you, am he.”

John 5

5:16 Now because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began persecuting him.

5:17 So he told them, “My Father is working until now, and I too am working.

5:18 For this reason the Jewish leaders were trying even harder to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was also calling God his own Father, thus making himself equal with God.

5:19 So Jesus answered them, “I tell you the solemn truth, the Son can do nothing on his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, the Son does likewise.

5:20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him everything he does, and will show him greater deeds than these, so that you will be amazed.

5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whomever he wishes.

5:22 Furthermore, the Father does not judge anyone, but has assigned all judgment to the Son,

5:23 so that all people will honor the Son just as they honor the Father. The one who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

5:24 “I tell you the solemn truth, the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life.

5:25 I tell you the solemn truth, a time is coming – and is now here – when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

5:26 For just as the Father has life in himself, thus he has granted the Son to have life in himself,

5:27 and he has granted the Son authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.

5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, because a time is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice

5:29 and will come out – the ones who have done what is good to the resurrection resulting in life, and the ones who have done what is evil to the resurrection resulting in condemnation.

5:30 I can do nothing on my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will, but the will of the one who sent me.

John 8

8:58 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the solemn truth, before Abraham came into existence, I am!

John 10

10:1 “I tell you the solemn truth, 1 the one who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber.

10:2 The one who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

10:3 The doorkeeper opens the door for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

10:4 When he has brought all his own sheep out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they recognize his voice.

10:5 They will never follow a stranger, but will run away from him, because they do not recognize the stranger’s voice.”

10:6 Jesus told them this parable, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.

10:7 So Jesus said to them again, “I tell you the solemn truth, I am the door for the sheep.

10:8 All who came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.

10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters through me, he will be saved, and will come in and go out, and find pasture.

10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.

10:11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

10:12 The hired hand, who is not a shepherd and does not own sheep, sees the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and runs away. So the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them.

10:13 Because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep, he runs away.

10:14 “I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me –

10:15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father – and I lay down my life for the sheep.

10:16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd.

10:17 This is why the Father loves me – because I lay down my life, so that I may take it back again.

10:18 No one takes it away from me, but I lay it down of my own free will. I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it back again. This commandment I received from my Father.

Deuteronomy 18

18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Genesis 25

25:20 And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padan-aram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.
Genesis

25:21 And Isaac entreated the LORD for his wife, because she [was] barren: and the LORD was entreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

25:22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If [it be] so, why [am] I thus? And she went to inquire of the LORD.

25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations [are] in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and [the one] people shall be stronger than [the other] people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

25:24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, [there were] twins in her womb.

25:25 And the first came out red, all over like a hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.

25:26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac [was] threescore years old when she bare them.

25:27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob [was] a plain man, dwelling in tents.

25:28 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of [his] venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.

Here we find God's chosen servant, Jacob, name changed to Israel.

Genesis 32

32:28 And he said unto him, What [is] thy name? And he said, Jacob.

32:29 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

32:30 And Jacob asked [him], and said, Tell [me], I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore [is] it [that] thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.

32:31 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

God promised land to children of Israel.

3:18 And I commanded you at that time, saying, The LORD your God hath given you this land to possess it: ye shall pass over armed before your brethren the children of Israel, all [that are] meet for the war.

If we look back to we see that the Levites will have no inheritance with Israeli brothers. They were the first to share in a greater inheritance directly with God.

18:1 The priests the Levites, [and] all the tribe of Levi, shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel: they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and his inheritance.

Therefore shall they have no inheritance among their brethren: the LORD [is] their inheritance, as he hath said unto them.

Although, Mohammed did not converse communicate directly to God like Moses and Jesus. Rather Gabriel was an intermediary of God (Allah).

But, fear not. Jesus came from the flock of Israel. Jesus offers something even greater than land. Jesus offers everyone that believes and follows his message to share in the inheritance of the Kingdom of God.

John 10

10:16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd.

ArtBook__064_064__JesusCarryingALostLamb

Ennin you wrote:

In terms of career, we find that Moses had a career both as a prophet and as a governor/ ruler to implement the divine law. Such is the same for Muhammad. In the case of Jesus, his career did not include that authority.

As a devout Christian I view Jesus superior to Moses and all the other prophets. Jesus was sinless during his mission here on Earth. As stated in Qur'an. Jesus provided salvation through His death. Also stated in the Qur'an. He ascended into heaven. As stated in the Qur'an. He continued to give revelation from God after His death (through the New Testament prophets and possibly even Mohammed). He presently intercedes for His own. The Qur'an states that those that believe in Jesus are superior to others. He will return for us. As stated in Qur'an. And He will literally bring us into God’s presence. The Jewish messiah is a leader anointed by God, physically descended from the Davidic line, who will rule the united tribes of Israel. Both Christians and Muslims believe Jesus is the living Messiah. Only the greatest prophet has God's authority to do battle directly against the Evil One in Gods name. Islam and Christianity believe Jesus will the victor at the end of days.

I pray that both you Ennin, myself and all that read this find salvation through Jesus.

Luke 24

24:44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled.

24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the scriptures,

24:46 and said to them, “Thus it stands written that the Christ would suffer and would rise from the dead on the third day,

24:47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Acts 1

1:1 I wrote the former account, Theophilus, about all that Jesus began to do and teach

1:2 until the day he was taken up to heaven, after he had given orders by the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen.

1:3 To the same apostles also, after his suffering, he presented himself alive with many convincing proofs. He was seen by them over a forty-day period and spoke about matters concerning the kingdom of God.

1:4 While he was with them, he declared, “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait there for what my Father promised, which you heard about from me.

1:5 For John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”

1:6 So when they had gathered together, they began to ask him, “Lord, is this the time when you are restoring the kingdom to Israel?

1:7 He told them, “You are not permitted to know the times or periods that the Father has set by his own authority.

1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the farthest parts of the earth.”

1:9 After he had said this, while they were watching, he was lifted up and a cloud hid him from their sight.

1:10 As 24 they were still staring into the sky while he was going, suddenly two men in white clothing stood near them

1:11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand here looking up into the sky? This same Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will come back in the same way you saw him go into heaven.”

Revelation 1

1:17 When I saw him I fell down at his feet as though I were dead, but he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid! I am the first and the last,

1:18 and the one who lives! I was dead, but look, now I am alive – forever and ever – and I hold the keys of death and of Hades!

Ennin you commented on the Beatitudes of Christ and wrote:

Christian scholars themselves are perplexed. How are such obviously impossible or impractical teachings to be applied? Just one example of a discussion of these words will suffice to show how perplexing they are to those who staunchly believe in them:

[For interpreting these words, t]he model proposed by Joachim Jeremias is simple, representative, and of continuing influence. According to this model, the Sermon usually is seen in one of three ways: (1) as a perfectionist code, fully in line with the legalism of rabbinic Judaism; (2) as an impossible ideal, meant to drive the believer first to desperation, and then to trust in God's mercy; or (3) as an interim ethic meant for what was expected to be a brief period of waiting in the end time, and which is now obsolete. Jeremias adds his own fourth thesis: The Sermon is an indicative depiction of incipient life in the kingdom of God, which presupposes as its condition of possibility the experience of conversion. More complex or comprehensive schematizations have been offered, but most major interpreters can be understood in relation to the options posed by Jeremias.[1]

I am going to give you a contrast of passages from Scripture and the Book of Satan. Tell me which one you side with.

Matthew 5

5:38 You have heard that it was said, An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

5:39 But I say to you, do not resist the evildoer. But whoever strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other to him as well.

The Book of Satan 3

7. Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek,

SMASH him on the other!; smite him hip and thigh, for self preservation is the highest law!

8. He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog!

9. Give blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom - with compound interest

liberally added thereunto! Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, a ye four fold, a hundred fold! Make yourself a Terror to your adversary, and when he goeth his way, he will possess much additional wisdom to ruminate over. Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit your immortal

spirit shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained.

When a Satanist commits a wrong, he realizes that it is natural to make a mistake.

Satanic Bible - Some Evidence of a New Satanic Age

Satanism advocates practicing a modified form of the Golden Rule. Our interpretation of this rule is: "Do unto others as they do unto you"; because if you "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and they, in turn, treat you badly, it goes against human nature to continue to treat them with consideration. You should do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but if your courtesy is not returned, they should be treated with the wrath they deserve.

http://www.thesatanicbiblefree.com/files/Download/The%20Satanic%20Bible%20Ebook.pdf

Here is another name given to God from the prophet Isaiah. This translation is taken from the Great Isaiah Scroll.

Chapter 47 : Verse 4

Our Redeemer, HaShem of hosts is His name, The Holy One of Israel.

Aramaic is a family of languages (traditionally referred to as "dialects") belonging to the Semitic family, and more specifically, is a part of the Northwest Semitic subfamily, which also includes Canaanite languages such as Hebrew and Phoenician. The Aramaic script was widely adopted for other languages and is ancestral to both the Arabic and modern Hebrew alphabets.

I decided to use an English Aramaic translator.

http://www.peshitta.org/cgi-bin/lexicon.cgi

God

Pronunciation:

(Eastern) AaLaH

(Western) AaLoH

It is my understanding that the names of God and the Prophets originated in Hebrew. Even during this discourse you have stated that things get lost in the translation (ie. Hebrew Bible, the New Testament Gospels). It is common Jewish practice to restrict the use of the word Adonai to prayer only. In conversation, some Jewish people, even when not speaking Hebrew, will call God HaShem, השם, which is Hebrew for "the Name."

A century before the Qur'an, a Christian leader named Abd Allah ibn Abu Bakr ibn Muhammad was martyred in Najran in 523 AD, and he had worn a ring that said "Allah is my lord"

When you pray to Allah ask if Jesus Christ is your Shepard.

John 10

10:22 Then came the feast of the Dedication in Jerusalem.

10:23 It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple area in Solomon’s Portico.

10:24 The Jewish leaders surrounded him and asked, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.”

10:25 Jesus replied, “I told you and you do not believe. The deeds I do in my Father’s name testify about me.

10:26 But you refuse to believe because you are not my sheep.

10:27 My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

10:28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one will snatch them from my hand.

10:29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them from my Father’s hand.

10:30 The Father and I are one.

10:31 The Jewish leaders picked up rocks again to stone him to death.

10:32 Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good deeds from the Father. For which one of them are you going to stone me?”

10:33 The Jewish leaders replied, “We are not going to stone you for a good deed but for blasphemy, because you, a man, are claiming to be God.”

10:34 Jesus answered, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, you are gods?

10:35 If those people to whom the word of God came were called ‘gods’ (and the scripture cannot be broken),

10:36 do you say about the one whom the Father set apart and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

10:37 If I do not perform the deeds of my Father, do not believe me.

10:38 But if I do them, even if you do not believe me, believe the deeds, so that you may come to know and understand that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.”

10:39 Then they attempted again to seize him, but he escaped their clutches.

God (Allah) warned the unjust judges that they would suffer judgment themselves for their injustice. God had appointed them as “gods” (i.e., individuals with power by God’s authority). He had made them His sons in the sense of His representatives on earth. Nevertheless because these corrupt judges had not behaved as God, who judges justly, they would die as mere men without honor as God’s sons. They would die as all the other Israelites would.

Psalms 82

82:1 God stands in the assembly of El;

in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.

82:2 He says, “How long will you make unjust legal decisions

and show favoritism to the wicked? (Selah)

82:3 Defend the cause of the poor and the fatherless!

Vindicate the oppressed and suffering!

82:4 Rescue the poor and needy!

Deliver them from the power of the wicked!

82:5 They neither know nor understand.

They stumble around in the dark,

while all the foundations of the earth crumble.

82:6 I thought, ‘You are gods;

all of you are sons of the Most High.’

82:7 Yet you will die like mortals;

you will fall like all the other rulers.”

82:8 Rise up, O God, and execute judgment on the earth!

For you own all the nations.

The descendant of David through whom God will fulfill His promises completely is Jesus Christ

2 Samuel 7

7:8 Now therefore thus shalt thou say unto My servant David: Thus saith the LORD of hosts: I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, that thou shouldest be prince over My people, over Israel.

7:9 9 And I have been with thee whithersoever thou didst go, and have cut off all thine enemies from before thee; and I will make thee a great name, like unto the name of the great ones that are in the earth.

7:10 And I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in their own place, and be disquieted no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as at the first,

7:11 even from the day that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel; and I will cause thee to rest from all thine enemies. Moreover the LORD telleth thee that the LORD will make thee a house.

7:12 When thy days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body, and I will establish his kingdom.

7:13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

7:14 I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men;

7:15 but My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

7:16 And thy house and thy kingdom shall be made sure for ever before thee; thy throne shall be established for ever.'

7:17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

Luke 1

1:28 The angel came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one, the Lord is with you!”

1:29 But she was greatly troubled by his words and began to wonder about the meaning of this greeting.

1:30 So the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God!

1:31 Listen: You will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus.

1:32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of his father David.

1:33 He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and his kingdom will never end.

Jesus in the Quran holds one of the highest statures amongst the Prophets. Unlike other Prophets who performed miracles, Jesus himself was a miracle, as he was born of a virgin mother, and God describes him and his mother Mary as such:

“…and We made her (Mary) and her son (Jesus) a sign for the worlds.” (Quran 21:91)

Nonetheless, in the Quran, Jesus is described as having many miracles not bestowed upon other prophets. God says:

“And We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear miracles” (Quran 2:87)

The following is a brief description of the miracles performed by Jesus mentioned in the Quran.

1. A Table Laden with Food

In the fifth chapter of the Quran, “The Table Laden with Food” – named after this miracle of Jesus, God narrates how the disciples of Jesus requested him to ask God to send down a table laden with food, and for it to be a special day of commemoration for them in the future.

“When the disciples said: O Jesus, son of Mary! Is your Lord able to send down for us a table spread with food from heaven? He said: Observe your duty to God, if ye are true believers. They said: We desire to eat of it and our hearts be at rest, and that We may know that you have spoken truth to us, and that We may be witnesses thereof. Jesus, son of Mary, said: 'O God, our Lord, send down for us a Table laden with food out of heaven, that shall be for us a recurring festival, the first and last of us, and a miracle from You. And provide us our sustenance, for You are the best of providers!” (Quran 5:112-114)

Since the occasion was to be “for us a recurring festival,” it is likely the Last Supper,[1] also called the Lord's Supper, Breaking of Bread, Eucharist, or Communion. The Eucharist has always been at the center of Christian worship. Encyclopedia Britannica says:

“Eucharist is a Christian sacrament commemorating the action of Jesus at his Last Supper with his disciples … The letters of Paul and the Acts of the Apostles make it clear that early Christianity believed that this institution included a mandate to continue the celebration… The Eucharist has formed a central rite of Christian worship.”[2]

2. While Still in the Cradle

One of the miracles mentioned in the Quran, although not mentioned in the Bible, is that fact that Jesus, while still in the cradle, spoke out to protect his mother Mary from any accusations people may have placed on her due to having a child without a father. When she was approached about this strange incident after her childbirth, Mary merely pointed to Jesus, and he miraculously spoke, just as God had promised her upon annunciation.

“He shall speak to people while still in the cradle, and in manhood, and he shall be from the righteous.” (Quran 3:46)

Jesus said to the people:

“I am indeed a slave of God. He has given me the Book and made me a Prophet, and He has made me blessed wherever I may be. And He has enjoined upon me prayers, and to pay the alms, as long as I live and (He has made me) kind to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed. And may Peace be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and on the Day I shall be raised to life.” (Quran 19:30-33)

3. And It Becomes a Bird

God mentions a miracle given to none other in the Quran but Jesus, one which is quite parallel to how God himself created Adam. This miracle was one which none can argue its greatness. God mentions in the Quran that Jesus says:

“I create for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with God’s permission.” (Quran 3:49)

This miracle is not found in the New Testament, but it is found in the non-canonical ‘Infancy Gospel of Thomas,’ “When this boy, Jesus, was five years old, he was playing at the ford of a rushing stream… he then made soft clay and shaped it into twelve sparrows… but Jesus simply clapped his hands and shouted to the sparrows: “Be off, fly away, and remember me, you who are now alive!” And the sparrows took off and flew away noisily.” (Infancy Gospel of Thomas:2)

4. Healing the Blind and the Leper

Similar to the New Testament[3], The Quran also mentions Jesus to a have healed the blind and lepers.

“I also heal the blind and the leper.” (Quran 3:49)

The Jews during the time of Jesus were quite advanced in the science of medicine and were quite proud of their achievements. For this reason, miracles of this nature were given by God to Jesus, ones which the Jews could well understand that no force in nature could perform its like.

5. The Resurrection of the Dead

“…and I bring to life the dead, by the permission of God.” (Quran 3:49)

This, like the creation of a bird, was a miracle of incomparable nature, one which should have caused the Jews to believe in the prophethood of Jesus without doubt. In the New Testament, we read three cases where Jesus brought the dead back to life by God’s permission - the daughter of Jairus (Matt 9:18, 23; Mark 5:22, 35; Luke 8:40, 49), the widow's son at Nain (Luke 7:11), and Lazarus (John 11:43).

6. The Provisions of Today and Tomorrow

Jesus was given the miracle of knowing what people had just eaten, as well as what they had in store for the coming days. God says.

“I inform you too of what things you eat, and what you store up in your houses. Surely in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.” (Quran 3:49)

A Demonstration of Truth

Similar to other prophets, Jesus performed miracles to convince skeptics of his truthfulness, not to demonstrate his divinity. The Quran says:

“Surely in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.” (Quran 3:49)

These miracles were performed only by the Will of God, had he not willed them to occur, they could never come to be. God explicitly states this in the Quran, saying that they were:

“…by the permission of God” (Quran 3:49; 5:10)

Although Muslims can not confirm it, the Bible, through certain narrations, states that Jesus at times failed to perform miracles. Once when Jesus tried to heal a blind man, he was not healed after the first attempt, and Jesus had to try a second time (Mark 8: 22-26). In another instance, “He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.”(Mark 6:5)

The fact remains that indeed it was not through his own will that Jesus or any other prophet performed miracles. Rather, they were performed only by Will of God Almighty - a fact also explicitly stated in the Bible:

“A man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through him in your midst.” (Acts 2:22

Ennin you wrote:

Jesus in the Quran holds one of the highest statures amongst the Prophets. Unlike other Prophets who performed miracles, Jesus himself was a miracle.

We are both in agreement with the above passage :D

Ennin you wrote:

God mentions a miracle given to none other in the Quran but Jesus, one which is quite parallel to how God himself created Adam. This miracle was one which none can argue its greatness. God mentions in the Quran that Jesus says:
I create for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with God’s permission.” (Quran 3:49)
This miracle is not found in the New Testament, but it is found in the non-canonical ‘Infancy Gospel of Thomas,’ “When this boy, Jesus, was five years old, he was playing at the ford of a rushing stream… he then made soft clay and shaped it into twelve sparrows… but Jesus simply clapped his hands and shouted to the sparrows: “Be off, fly away, and remember me, you who are now alive!” And the sparrows took off and flew away noisily.” (Infancy Gospel of Thomas:2)

Here is a translation of the Infancy Gospel.

Infancy Gospel of Thomas

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/infancythomas-a-roberts.html

1. I Thomas, an Israelite, write you this account, that all the brethren from among the heathen may know the miracles of our Lord Jesus Christ in His infancy, which He did after His birth in our country. The beginning of it is as follows:

2. This child Jesus, when five years old, was playing in the ford of a mountain stream; and He collected the flowing waters into pools, and made them clear immediately, and by a word alone He made them obey Him. And having made some soft clay, He fashioned out of it twelve sparrows. And it was the Sabbath when He did these things. And there were also many other children playing with Him. And a certain Jew, seeing what Jesus was doing, playing on the Sabbath, went off immediately, and said to his father Joseph: Behold, thy son is at the stream, and has taken clay, and made of it twelve birds, and has profaned the Sabbath. And Joseph, coming to the place and seeing, cried out to Him, saying: Wherefore does thou on the Sabbath what it is not lawful to do? And Jesus clapped His hands, and cried out to the sparrows, and said to them: Off you go! And the sparrows flew, and went off crying. And the Jews seeing this were amazed, and went away and reported to their chief men what they had seen Jesus doing.

Here we see in the same gospel an angered Jesus use powers to kill children and blind their parents for telling His adopted Father Joseph what he had done. Jesus is abusing the power God (Allah) has given him. The Infancy Gospel of Thomas appears contradictory to the Jesus known in Islam and Christianity.

Infancy Gospel of Thomas

3. And the son of Annas the scribe was standing there with Joseph; and he took a willow branch, and let out the waters which Jesus bad collected. And Jesus, seeing what was done, was angry, and said to him: O wicked, impious, and foolish! what harm did the pools and the waters do to thee? Behold, even now thou shalt be dried up like a tree, and thou shalt not bring forth either leaves, or root, or fruit. And straightway that boy was quite dried up. And Jesus departed, and went to Joseph's house. But the parents of the boy that had been dried up took him up, bewailing his youth, and brought him to Joseph, and reproached him because, said they, thou hast such a child doing such things.

4. After that He was again passing through the village; and a boy ran up against Him, and struck His shoulder. And Jesus was angry, and said to him: Thou shalt not go back the way thou camest. And immediately he fell down dead. And some who saw what had taken place, said: Whence was this child begotten, that every word of his is certainly accomplished? And the parents of the dead boy went away to Joseph, and blamed him, saying: Since thou hast such a child, it is impossible for thee to live with us in the village; or else teach him to bless, and not to curse: for he is killing our children.

5. And Joseph called the child apart, and admonished Him, saying: Why doest thou such things, and these people suffer, and hate us, and persecute us? And Jesus said: I know that these words of thine are not thine own; nevertheless for thy sake I will be silent; but they shall bear their punishment. And straightway those that accused Him were struck blind. And those who saw it were much afraid and in great perplexity, and said about Him: Every word which he spoke, whether good or bad, was an act, and became a wonder. And when they saw that Jesus had done such a thing, Joseph rose and took hold of His ear, and pulled it hard. And the child was very angry, and said to him: It is enough for thee to seek, and not to find; and most certainly thou hast not done wisely. Knowest thou not that I am thine? Do not trouble me.

Here we read Jesus teacher, Zacchaeus, considers himself mentally shamed by what he considers a god or angel.

Infancy Gospel of Thomas

7. And when the teacher Zacchaeus heard the child speaking such and so great allegories of the first letter, he was at a great loss about such a narrative, and about His teaching. And He said to those that were present: Alas! I, wretch that I am, am at a loss, bringing shame upon myself by having dragged this child hither. Take him away, then, I beseech thee, brother Joseph. I cannot endure the sternness of his look; I cannot make out his meaning at all. That child does not belong to this earth; he can tame even fire. Assuredly he was born before the creation of the world. What sort of a belly bore him, what sort of a womb nourished him, I do not know. Alas! my friend, he has carried me away; I cannot get at his meaning: thrice wretched that I am, I have deceived myself. I made a struggle to have a scholar, and I was found to have a teacher. My mind is filled with shame, my friends, because I, an old man, have been conquered by a child. There is nothing for me but despondency and death on account of this boy, for I am not able at this hour to look him in the face; and when everybody says that I have been beaten by a little child, what can I say? And how can I give an account of the lines of the first letter that he spoke about? I know not, O my friends; for I can make neither beginning nor end of him. Therefore, I beseech thee, brother Joseph, take him home. What great thing he is, either god or angel, or what I am to say, I know not.

Is Zacchaeus the tutor in the Infancy Gospel of Thomas the same Zacchaeus the rich tax collector mentioned in the Gospel of Luke?

Luke 19

19:1 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through it.

19:2 Now a man named Zacchaeus was there; he was a chief tax collector and was rich.

19:3 He was trying to get a look at Jesus, but being a short man he could not see over the crowd.

19:4 So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him, because Jesus was going to pass that way.

19:5 And when Jesus came to that place, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down quickly, because I must stay at your house today.”

19:6 So he came down quickly and welcomed Jesus joyfully.

19:7 And when the people saw it, they all complained, “He has gone in to be the guest of a man who is a sinner.”

19:8 But Zacchaeus stopped and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord, half of my possessions I now give to the poor, and if I have cheated anyone of anything, I am paying back four times as much!”

19:9 Then Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this household, because he too is a son of Abraham!

19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

Both stories have Zacchaeus as sinner that knew Jesus was above him. He also does not ask for Mercy from Jesus, rather he is forthright in reflecting his self image.

The difference in the stories is Zacchaeus the tutor is not penitent. Zaccheaus the tax collector is penitent. I am grateful for this discourse, because it has led me to poem that gives me an Epiphany of understanding both the Blessed Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ.

God created Adam first. From Adam's rib Eve was created. Both were to fall from God's grace by disobeying God's commands. God created Mary who was full of grace and always obeyed God's commands. From the womb of a sinless virgin God begat Jesus Christ. The Messiah would redeem man from the sins of Adam. Zacchaeus to be that of a penitent finding salvation through his Lord Jesus Christ.

Here is a famous Syriac poem written about 60 years before Mohammed.

Cyrillona, On Zacchaeus

The Accursed One has armed his blade against us,
and brandishes his sword to frighten us,
but among the hosts of those who have
not sinned,
among them it has melted like wax.

The Evil One trembles, for the companies of the just
have grown to be more than his band,
and his own troops are in revolt against him
and take refuge in the Son of Mary.

Zacchaeus the chief   escaped from him,
for his Lord met him and received him well.
The sycamore was a harbor on the path;
he came down from it weary and found rest.

The splendor of Jesus shone before him
who reclined on the tree in the path,
insomuch that the shadow cast upon the bough
became luminous in appearance!

Eve succumbed, besieged
by counsel which made her an exile;
Mary arose radiant—
she reclaimed the grace of the matriarch

The serpent mixed sin in secret
and mingled (it) with the blood of death for Eve,
and that she might not be loath to drink it,
he filled her full of sins in the guise of a friend.

Our Lord mixed wine with his blood;
he confected the medicine of life ʼtill it
brimmed over.
His sweet savor descended and overpowered
the lethal salt of death.

Sins so beset Eve in Eden
that, succumbing, they drove her from the garden,
and because she inclined her ear to the voice
of the serpent,
she became estranged from that garden.

The crippled serpent crippled Eve;
Mary became feet for her mother.
The maiden bore up the aged woman,
that she might draw life-breath in her former place.

Eve grew old and bent;
she begat Mary and was made young;
and her daughter's child took it upon himself
to atone for the sins of his ancestor.

She had hidden there in our dough
the leaven of death and grief;
Mary strove to remove it,
so that all creation would not be corrupted.

He hid his floods in the virgin,
life flowed from the glorious maid;
his streams caught upon and climbed the mountains,
and the depths and torrents climbed higher
than them still! 

This news about the Son brought low the Evil One,
whose soldiers too fell upon their faces.
He revealed himself (to them) when they
questioned him,
and they withered like straw, for they could not
bear him.

The sweet maid bore the Good Fruit
and placed it with her hands in the manger.
The nations ate it and, by its savor,
the serpent's bite was healed.

The Ocean of Mercies flowed forth
to wash away the impurity of Zacchaeus
and because compassion is greater than sin,
the sinner arose without punishment.

Jesus, though smitten by adversaries,
see how he was not angry with sinners;
in his mercy he was like a shepherd,
and he went out and sought out that errant one.

He swore this by himself,that they might
have faith in him:
"I take no pleasure in those who perish;
in one sinner, if he repents,
the Father rejoices with his angels.
" 

Not a single day has he allowed
fury and wrath to remain upon us; 
he has taken care that we might become like him,
for he abundantly forgives those who go astray.

The Just One does not wish to destroy us,
and he teaches the means (for salvation),
that he might aid us;
the watchers on high revere him,
but by those on earth, see how he is condemned!

His stern and terrible rebuke
do tears appease and mollify;
he draws his bow to terrify us—
mercy opposes it and it goes slack!

When he was passing next to the sycamore,
he saw the debtor, and regarded (him),
and stopped;
just as with Simon (Peter),so also he rejoiced
in Zacchaeus, whom he brought down
from the sycamore.

The Just One had commanded that, for the
one who has gone astray,
the Judgment should be mournful,
(but) his mien was merry  when he met
that Inquisitor who bears mercy!

How timid, nonetheless, was Zacchaeus—
he was afraid to seek mercy;
but how forthright was our Lord—
he was eager to grant mercy.

Your God is just and kind—
fear, O sinners, but also be confident,
for he forgives the sins of those who repent,
but wrath has claim on those who refuse.

In Zacchaeus he calls out to you sinners,
that you may see his love, for how anxious is he!
For he casts his nets like a fisherman,
that the leader of your cohort may rejoice in you.

He took the penitent from the sycamore
and straightway planted him in the Garden;
he saw him stripped of glory, like Adam;
he wove for him a garment of mercy
and clothed him.

Confess our Lord, who sought out and came
to the debtor who was found owing,
and made a path on which we should go,
that he might mete out (to us) the mercy
which he bore.

I have entered into your house instead of
the sycamore;
I shall live in the mystery which I embrace,
for your cross is higher than the bough—
multiply the floods of your mercy upon me!

I digress. Let's go back to Infancy Gospel again. Here is another version just written a century before Mohammed.

The Arabic Infancy Gospel of the Savior

http://www.gnosis.org/library/infarab.htm

In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, one God.

With the help and favor of the Most High we begin to write a book of the miracles of our Lord and Master and Savior Jesus Christ, which is called the Gospel of the Infancy: in the peace of the Lord. Amen.

1. We find what follows in the book of Joseph the high priest, who lived in the time of Christ. Some say that he is Caiaphas. He has said that Jesus spoke, and, indeed, when He was lying in His cradle said to Mary His mother: I am Jesus, the Son of God, the Logos, whom thou hast brought forth, as the Angel Gabriel announced to thee; and my Father has sent me for the salvation of the world.

17. On the day after, the same woman took scented water to wash the Lord Jesus; and after she had washed Him, she took the water with which she had done it, and poured part of it upon a girl who was living there, whose body was white with leprosy, and washed her with it. And as soon as this was done, the girl was cleansed from her leprosy. And the towns- people said: There is no doubt that Joseph and Mary and that boy are gods, not men. And when they were getting ready to go away from them, the girl who had laboured under the leprosy came up to them, and asked them to let her go with them.

The Arabic Infancy Gospel of the Savior

46. Again, on another day, the Lord Jesus was with the boys at a stream of water, and they had again made little fish-ponds. And the Lord Jesus had made twelve sparrows, and had arranged them round His fish-pond, three on each side. And it was the Sabbath-day. Wherefore a Jew, the son of Hanan, coming up, and seeing them thus engaged, said in anger and great indignation: Do you make figures of clay on the Sabbath-day? And he ran quickly, and destroyed their fish-ponds. But when the Lord Jesus clapped His hands over the sparrows which He had made, they flew away chirping. Then the son of Hanan came up to the fish-pond of Jesus also, and kicked it with his shoes, and the water of it vanished away. And the Lord Jesus said to him: As that water has vanished away, so thy life shall likewise vanish away. And immediately that boy dried up.

The Arabic Infancy Gospel of the Savior appears to be the best fit to Qur'an. I wonder if Mohammed heard these stories during his travels?

Ennin you wrote:

Jesus, son of Mary, said: 'O God, our Lord, send down for us a Table laden with food out of heaven, that shall be for us a recurring festival, the first and last of us, and a miracle from You. And provide us our sustenance, for You are the best of providers! (Quran 5:112-114) Since the occasion was to be for us a recurring festival, it is likely the Last Supper,[1] also called the Lord's Supper, Breaking of Bread, Eucharist, or Communion.

Is this 'Table laden with food' miracle a traditional festival in Islamic Faith?

Was this 'Table laden with food' miracle Jesus (Isa) last mentioned meal in Qur'an with His disciples?

Do you believe the following edict of Muhammad ibn Abdullah?

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them. No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate. No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world)."

I am beginning to confirm my hypothesis that Muhammad did have Gnostic influence. Bahira, or "Sergius the Monk" to the Latin West, was a Syriac or Bahrani Gnostic Nasorean or Nestorian (Arian) monk who, according to tradition, foretold to the adolescent Muhammad his future prophetic career.

Bahira the Monk (Christian) had lived for many years in this monastery worshipping God. One day, he was looking through his window, he saw the Caravan coming from the HIJAZ. The Caravan was approaching with its camels, people and merchandise settling around the tree. The monk noticed that there was one person in that caravan that always had cloud shading on him, if he moved to east; cloud moved to east if he moved to west cloud moved to west, cloud was following him. And when that person arrived in monastery and sat beneath that Blessed tree, Cloud then passed the mission of shading this person to the tree. Bahira Monk was anxious with this anticipation as he was watching the visitor's entering in the monastery. So when Prophet SAW entered in the monastery, Bahira was intensely moved. So Bahira started asking "Whose boy is this?" Abu Talib replied: "He is my son." Bahira asked again "Is he your son and you his father?" Abu Talib said "Yes. Bahira Said "The father of this boy cannot be alive." And Abu Talib was surprised and demanded to know how Bahira could have known this? Abu Talib told Bahira, that "He is my nephew. His father is passed away when his mother was pregnant with him." Bahira Replied "Take care of this boy and protect him from enemies," He is Prophet that will come at the end of time."

Nestorius (/ˌnɛsˈtɔriəs/; in Greek: Νεστόριος; c. 386 – 450) was Archbishop of Constantinople from 10 April 428 until August 431, when the emperor Theodosius II confirmed his condemnation by the Council of Ephesus on 22 June. His teachings included a rejection of the long-used title of Theotokos, "Mother of God", for the Virgin Mary, and were understood by many to imply that he did not believe that Christ was truly God. However, Nestorius actually was concerned that the cult of the Theotokos was dangerously close to venerating Mary as a goddess. This brought him into conflict with other prominent churchmen of the time, most notably Cyril of Alexandria, who accused him of heresy. Nestorius sought to defend himself at the First Council of Ephesus in 431, but instead he found himself formally condemned for heresy by a majority of the bishops and subsequently removed from his see. On his own request he retired to his former monastery in or near Antioch. In 435 Theodosius II sent him into exile in Upper Egypt, where he lived on till 450, strenuously defending his orthodoxy. His last major defender within the Roman Empire, Theodoret of Cyrrhus, finally agreed to anathematize him in 451 during the Council of Chalcedon; from then on he had no defenders within the empire. But the Church of the East never accepted his condemnation. This led later to western Christians giving the name Nestorian Church to the Church of the East, even though it never regarded him as an authoritative teacher. The discovery and publication of his Book of Heraclides at the beginning of the 20th century led to a reassessment of his theology in western scholarship. It is now generally agreed that his ideas were not far from those that eventually emerged as orthodox, but the orthodoxy of his formulation of the doctrine of Christ is still controversial.

In 1944 Pope Pius XII wrote about this schism between the East and West.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xii/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-xii_enc_09041944_orientalis-ecclesiae_en.html

ORIENTALIS ECCLESIAE

ENCYCLICAL OF POPE PIUS XII

ON SAINT CYRIL, PATRIARCH OF ALEXANDRIA

TO OUR VENERABLE BRETHREN THE PATRIARCHS, PRIMATES,

ARCHBISHOPS, BISHIOPS, AND OTHER ORDINARIES

AT PEACE AND IN COMMUNION WITH THE APOSTOLIC SEE

4. Born of distinguished family, he was raised to the See of Alexandria - so tradition tells us - in the year 412. His first conflict was with the Novatians and others who attacked the integrity and purity of the faith, and against these he preached, wrote, and issued decrees, ever alert, ever fearless. Later, when the blasphemous heresy of Nestorius began to spread gradually through the East the watchful Pastor was quick to perceive the growth of these new errors and zealous in protecting his flock against them. Throughout this stormy period, and especially at the Council of Ephesus, he showed himself the invincible champion and learned teacher of the divine maternity of the Virgin Mary, of the hypostatic union in Christ, and of the Primacy of the Roman Pontiff.

17. Let Cyril of Alexandria be a model to all in the energy and fortitude with which he defended the faith and kept it inviolate. No sooner did he discover the error of Nestorius than he wrote letters and other works in refutation of it, appealed to the Roman Pontiff and, acting in his name at the Council of Ephesus, crushed and condemned the growing heresy with admirable learning and unflinching courage. The result was that, when Cyril's 'dogmatic' letter had been publicly read, all the Fathers of the Council acclaimed it by solemn verdict as being in complete accordance with the true faith.

20. This charity, however, must not refuse to embrace also those who have gone astray from the path of truth; and of this we may see an example in St. Cyril's remarkable conduct. Vigorously though he fought against the heresy of Nestorius, yet such was the ardent charity which animated him that, as he openly declared, he yielded to none in his love for Nestorius himself. And in this he was right. Those who wander from the straight path are to be considered as ailing brethren, and treated with gentle and loving care. The Patriarch of Alexandria's prudent advice on this point is worth quoting:

This is a matter calling for the greatest moderation. . . . In many cases a violent clash only drives people to insolence; and it is better to treat your opponents with kindness than to make them suffer by applying the rigor of the law. If they were physically ill you would handle their bodies gently; so in like manner prudence is the best medicine to use in the treatment of ailing souls. Gradually they too will be brought to a proper state of mind.

30. As soon as the watchful Prelate perceived that the errors of Nestorius were spreading and growing, with increasing danger to the orthodox faith, he wrote to Our Predecessor St. Celestine I in the following terms:

Since God requires us to be vigilant in these matters, and since the ancient custom of the Church persuades us that questions of this kind should be communicated to Your Holiness, I write, driven by necessity.

31. In reply the Roman Pontiff writes that 'he had embraced Cyril as though present in his letter,' since it was clear that 'they were of one mind concerning the Lord.'So orthodox was the faith of this Doctor that the Sovereign Pontiff delegated to him the authority of the Apostolic See, in virtue of which he was to give effect to the decrees which had already been issued against Nestorius in the Synod of Rome. And it is evident, Venerable Brethren, that at the Council of Ephesus the Patriarch of Alexandria acted as the legal representative of the Roman Pontiff; for, although the latter also sent his own Legates, the chief instruction he gave them was that they should support the action and the authority of St. Cyril. It was therefore in the name of the Sovereign Pontiff that he presided at this holy Council, and he w as the first to sign its proceedings. Indeed, so manifest was the agreement between the Apostolic See and that of Alexandria that, after the public reading of St. Celestine's letter in the second session of the Council, the Fathers exclaimed:

This judgment is just. To Celestine, a new Paul; to Cyril, a new Paul; to Celestine, guardian of the faith; to Celestine, who is of one mind with the Synod, the whole of this Synod gives thanks. One Celestine, one Cyril, one faith of the Synod, one faith of the whole world.

32. No wonder, then, that Cyril could write shortly afterwards:

To my orthodox faith the Roman Church has borne witness, and so too has a holy Synod gathered together, so to speak, from the whole of the earth that is under heaven.

33. The same constant union of St. Cyril with the Apostolic See is clearly apparent in all that he did to effect and consolidate reunion with the Bishops of the Province of Antioch. Although Our Predecessor St. Celestine approved and ratified all that the Patriarch of Alexandria had done at the Council of Ephesus, he made an exception for the sentence of excommunication which the President of the Council, together with the other Fathers, had passed upon the Antiochenes. The Sovereign Pontiff wrote:

With regard to those who appear to have been of one mind and one impiety with Nestorius, . . . We have read the sentence you have passed upon them. Nevertheless, We also decree what seems to Us opportune. In these cases many circumstances have to be considered which the Apostolic See has always borne in mind . . . Should the Bishop of Antioch offer hope of being corrected, We would have Your Fraternity come to some Agreement with him by letter. . . . We must trust that by the divine mercy all may return to the way of truth.

And it was in obedience to this instruction of the Roman See that St. Cyril began to take measures for bringing about reunion with the Bishops of the Province of Antioch.

34. Meanwhile, after St. Celestine's holy death, a report having been spread that his Successor St. Xystus III had objected to the deposition of Nestorius from his episcopal see, the Patriarch of Alexandria refuted these rumors: '(Xystus) has written in terms agreeing with the holy Synod,' he said; 'he has ratified all its proceedings and is of one mind with Us.'

42. And God grant that this Our fatherly and urgent appeal may be given a friendly hearing by those separated Bishops and their flocks who, though divided from Us, yet admire and venerate the Patriarch of Alexandria as a hero of their own land. Let this great Doctor's teaching and example move them to restore peace by means of that triple bond which he himself so strongly urged as indispensable, and by which the divine Founder of the Church willed all His sons to be united together. Let them remember that We, by the Providence of God, to-day occupy that same Apostolic See to which the Patriarch of Alexandria felt bound in conscience to appeal, when he wanted to provide a sure defense of the orthodox faith against the errors of Nestorius, and to set a divine seal, so to speak, upon the reconciliation achieved with his separated brethren. And let them be assured that the same charity which inspired Our Predecessors inspires Us too; and that the chief object of Our constant desires and prayers is that the age-old obstacles between us may be happily removed, and the day dawn at last when there shall be one flock in one fold, all obedient with one mind to Jesus Christ and to His Vicar on earth.

43. We address a particular appeal to those of Our separated sons in the East who, though they hold St. Cyril in great veneration, yet refuse to acknowledge the authority of the Council of Chalcedon, because it solemnly defined that there are two natures in Jesus Christ. Let these bear in mind that the decrees which were later issued by the Council of Chalcedon as new errors arose are in no way contrary to the teaching of the Patriarch of Alexandria. As he himself clearly says,

Not everything that heretics say is to be denied and rejected out of hand, for they profess much of what we also assert. . . . So it is also with Nestorius. He is not wrong in saying that there are two natures in Christ, so far as he means that the flesh is distinct from the Word of God; for the nature of the Word is indeed distinct from the nature of flesh. But he does not profess the union of the natures as we do.

44. Moreover, there is reason to hope that the modern followers of Nestorius also, if they examine St. Cyril's writings with unprejudiced mind and study them carefully, may see the path of truth Iying open before them and, through the inspiration and help of God, feel themselves called back to the bosom of the Catholic Church.

I wonder if it is Bashira who is the 'human being' mentioned in this verse of Qur'an.

Surat An-Naĥl (The Bee)

16:103 And We certainly know that they say, "It is only a human being who teaches the Prophet." The tongue of the one they refer to is foreign, and this Qur'an is [in] a clear Arabic language.

Or could it be Waraqah ibn Nawfal who is the 'human being' mentioned in the above verse of Qur'an.

One of the first men to believe in the prophethood of Muhammad was an Ebionite monk named Waraqah ibn Nawfal, whom Muslims highly honor as a pious man with deep knowledge of the Christian scriptures. Waraka ibn Nawfal was the parental cousin of Khadija, the first wife of the prophet Muhammad, and was also the son of Muhammad's great-grandfather Hashim ibn 'Abd Manaf's half brother Nawfal ibn Abd Manaf.

Waraka would frequently contemplate and pray at the Kaaba and began to read the Biblical texts in their original language and even learned to read Hebrew. Around this time, Waraka, with another member of his tribe, is said to have found Muhammad as a young infant and immediately returned him to Abdul Muttalib. As Muhammad grew in age, Waraka's knowledge of the sacred scriptures increased. Several years later, when told of Muhammad's first revelation (which is understood to be Q. XCVI: 1-5), Waraka recognized his call to prophecy as authentic and tradition recounts Waraka saying: "There has come to him the greatest Law that came to Moses; surely he is the prophet of this people."

Waraka, upon accepting Muhammad's prophecy, remained a Christian and, in later accounts, was counted among Muhammad's companions. Muhammad is later said to have said of Waraka: "Do not slander Waraka ibn Nawfal, for I have seen that he will have one or two gardens in Paradise."

I read that Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza was the cousin of Mohammed's first wife, Kahdijah or Khadīja bint Khuwaylid.

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 1, Book 1, Number 3

Narrated 'Aisha:

(the mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read.

The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones."

Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation reporting the speech of the Prophet "While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the same angel who had visited me at the cave of Hira' sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth. I got afraid of him and came back home and said, 'Wrap me (in blankets).' And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses (of Quran):

'O you (i.e. Muhammad)! wrapped up in garments!' Arise and warn (the people against Allah's Punishment),... up to 'and desert the idols.' (74.1-5) After this the revelation started coming strongly, frequently and regularly."

So I now have confirmation that Mohammed knew two men that had similar Christian beliefs to the excommunicated Bishop Nestorius.

I need to find more information on the cult of the Theotokos (Virgin Mary) in Byzantium and Nestorius condemnation of it. Theotokos is the Greek title of Mary, the mother of Jesus used especially in the Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Eastern Catholic Churches. Its literal English translations include "God-bearer", "Birth-Giver of God" and "the one who gives birth to God." Less literal translations include "Mother of God."

Christians believe that Jesus is alive today, and many denominations believe him to be active. They also believe that he has been resurrected already, and that he will never die again. The Muslim position, however, is that he never died, and therefore is still alive. It says in the Quran, that the Jews claim:

“We killed Jesus Christ, the son of Mary, Messenger of God.”

However, God denies this, as the verse continues:

“But they killed him not, nor crucified him; It was only a likeness shown to them: Most certainly they killed him not. Rather, God lifted him up to Himself.” (Quran 4:157-8)

This action of lifting is literally an upward movement, physically being taken from the earth into heavens, just as he will be physically brought back on the wings of angels from the heavens to the earth when he returns. Christians estimate his age to be 31-33 years of age at ascension, because the synoptic Gospels are considered to describe approximately 1 year of his life. The Gospel of John purportedly describes 3 years of his life from the moment he began preaching, of which Luke says:

“And Jesus himself began to be about 30 years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph … and (he) was led by the spirit into the wilderness.” (Luke 3:23 and 4:1)

Muslim scholars agree. Hasan Basri said, “Jesus was 34, while Sa’eed bin Mussayyib said, “He was 33,” when he was lifted up to heaven.[1]

“And there is none of the People of the Book but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Judgment, he will be a witness against them.” (Quran 4:159)

God, here, is talking about the ‘People of the Book’ believing in Jesus before the latter dies well after he was lifted up into the heavens. The implication is that he is not yet dead. In fact, he is securely kept by God until he completes his appointed term. As God says in the Quran:

“It is God Who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and (the souls) of those that die not during their sleep. He keeps those for which He has ordained death and sends the rest for a term appointed.” (Quran 39:42)

And:

“It is God Who takes away the souls at night, and has knowledge of all that you have done by day, and raises you up again that a term appointed be fulfilled; then will you be returned unto Him. Then He will inform you of all that you used to do.” (Quran 60:60)

‘The term appointed’ denotes the numbered days of our lives, already known and confirmed by God. The word “to take away” is a promise made by God to Jesus which God will do when His messenger is threatened by disbelief. The Quran informs us that He told Jesus:

“Indeed I will take you (away) and lift you up to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve…” (Quran 3:55)

Thus we have a promise of God fulfilled when he saved Jesus from crucifixion, and another that will be fulfilled when He returns Jesus to earth and he completes his life here - a promise confirmed in the revelation given to Mary at the annunciation:

“God gives you tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be Jesus Christ, son of Mary, held in honor in the world and in the hereafter, and one of those who are nearest (to God). He shall speak to the people in infancy and when middle-aged[2], and shall be of the righteous.” (Quran 3:45-46)

Since middle-aged is older than the early thirties, this prophecy concerns his speaking to the people after his return. So this second promise (that everyone will believe in him before he dies) concerns his second mission when he descends to earth again. When he arrives, he will be the same age as he left, and then he will live for another forty years.[3] The Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, said:

“There is no prophet between me and him (Jesus), and he shall descend. He… will stay in the world for forty years; then he will die and the Muslims will offer the funeral Prayer for him.” (Abu Dawood, Ahmed)

The return of Jesus will be close to the end of time. In fact, his descent will be one of the major signs the final hour is due. The Quran discloses that:

“He (the son of Mary) shall be a known sign of the Hour; so have no doubt concerning it and follow Me.” (Quran 43:61)

His appearance will be followed by only two or three other unmistakable portents. Among these are the appearance of the beast[4], the wafting of the believers from the earth[5], leaving only disbelievers behind, and the rising of the sun from the west.[6]

The ten major signs, among which is the second coming of Jesus, are summarized in one hadeeth:[7]

“The Hour will not come until you see ten signs: the smoke; the False Messiah; the Beast; the sun rising from the West; the descent of Jesus son of Mary; the Gog and Magog; and three tremors - one in the East, one in the West, and one in Arabia, at the end of which fire will burst forth from the direction of Aden and drive people to the place of their final assembly.” (Ahmed)

May God save us from disbelief and preserve us from being among those who witness the final moments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blg392ZJZGU

Ahmed uses powerful words of Christ. Let's hope he learns to understand them.

Matthew 7

7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heavenonly the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

7:22 On that day, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons and do many powerful deeds?

7:23 Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!

If we take the time to read the previous verses it explains what a false prophet will disguise himself to be a follower of Jesus, but one can inspect his works (doctrines and deeds) to see if they are bearing good fruit (righteous conduct).

John 7

7:15 “Watch out for false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are voracious wolves.

7:16 You will recognize them by their fruit. Grapes are not gathered from thorns or figs from thistles, are they?

7:17 In the same way, every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.

7:18 A good tree is not able to bear bad fruit, nor a bad tree to bear good fruit.

7:19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

7:20 So then, you will recognize them by their fruit.

tumblr_lykeg9c5lv1r826ovo1_500.jpg

During Jesus’ ministry, doing the will of God boiled down to believing that Jesus was the Messiah and responding appropriately. Those who enter the kingdom of Heaven are those who do the will of Jesus’ Father, and those who do not are those who practice lawlessness.

John 6

6:28 So then they said to him, “What must we do to accomplish the deeds God requires?

6:29 Jesus replied, “This is the deed God requires – to believe in the one whom he sent.

Those who truly believe in Christ will have the authority to become God's children and their Father's laws. Those that believe in Christ live to do good works.

John 1

1:10 He was in the world, and the world was created by him, but the world did not recognize him.

1:11 He came to what was his own, but his own people did not receive him.

1:12 But to all who have received him – those who believe in his name – he has given the right to become God’s children.

1:13 – children not born by human parents or by human desire or a husband’s decision, but by God.

5742832780_Come_to_Jesus_xlarge.jpeg

Matthew 11

11:25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and revealed them to little children.

11:26 Yes, Father, for this was your gracious will.

11:27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son decides to reveal him.

11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

11:29 Take my yoke on you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

11:30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and my load is not hard to carry.”

Ennin you wrote:

The practicality of Islamic Law is one particular aspect that truly impressed me at that time, coming, again, from my Christian background. It is a great blessing that in Islam one finds detailed teachings that result in their desired goals while, at the same time, being extremely practical and consistent with human nature. The lack of such teachings is one of the greatest dilemmas faced by Christianity.

We all have the opportunity to become God's children if we believe in Jesus Christ's authority and teachings on how to make it happen. It is easy to know his name, but takes faith to truly know Jesus Christ. If we take the time to get to know Him (his deeds and instructions) the burdens of mortal life become easier to bear.

2 Peter 1

1:3 I can pray this because his divine power has bestowed on us everything necessary for life and godliness through the rich knowledge of the one who called us by his own glory and excellence.

1:4 Through these things he has bestowed on us his precious and most magnificent promises, so that by means of what was promised you may become partakers of the divine nature, after escaping the worldly corruption that is produced by evil desire.

1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith excellence, to excellence, knowledge;

1:6 to knowledge, self-control; to self-control, perseverance; to perseverance, godliness;

1:7 to godliness, brotherly affection; to brotherly affection, unselfish love.

1:8 For if these things are really yours and are continually increasing, they will keep you from becoming ineffective and unproductive in your pursuit of knowing our Lord Jesus Christ more intimately.

1:9 But concerning the one who lacks such things – he is blind. That is to say, he is nearsighted, since he has forgotten about the cleansing of his past sins.

1:10 Therefore, brothers and sisters, make every effort to be sure of your calling and election. For by doing this you will never stumble into sin.

1:11 For thus an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be richly provided for you.

5915208_f520.jpg

So far from this discussion I have learned Christians and Muslims agree that Jesus is the following:

Loved by both Christians and Muslims
Holy
Unique
Special
Miracle
Did Miracles
Messiah
Messenger from God
True Faith is taught by Jesus
God rewards the righteous
Created word of God
Son of Man
Only man not touched by Satan
Without Sin
Born of a virgin Mary
Similar to the creation of Adam
Great Prophet
Raised by God
Jesus Ascended to Heaven around the age of 33
Come again at the end of days

Christians and Muslims agree that the Spirit is the following:

The Spirit is truth
God gives this Spirit to mankind

Christians and Muslims agree that God is the following:

Creator
Merciful
There are many names for Him
Knows the future

Christians and Muslims also believe in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Christians and Muslims also both believe that Moses and Muhammad both had natural deaths from natural causes.

We also believe that Moses and Mohammed were leaders to their people. Moses to the Israelite people. Mohammed to the Muslims.

We both believe that Gabriel is an angel of God.

Hasan Basri was a friend of Mohammed.

Christians and Muslims both believe in birth, death, and Resurrection.

Christians and Muslims both believe that Prophets die.

Both Christians and Muslims Believe that the Jews planned and thought they had killed Jesus.

Here are two animations of the lives of Mohammed and Jesus Christ.

http://youtu.be/TlQ4Wxw5ky4

http://youtu.be/h4UJKrzWJ2M

I have also learned that Christians and Muslims may share other beliefs, but meaning are lost in the translation. Thus, creating unnecessary discord between the two faiths.

The Christian belief in the Qur'an statement of Jesus birth, death, and Resurrection. Since Mohammed's righteous follow every word in the Quran, then the order of the way it was stated must be true. Otherwise, the verse would have stated "the day I was born and the day I was raised alive," or "the day I was born raised alive, and died." But, the order is clear.

Please reread this verse.

Surat Maryam (Mary)

19:33 And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

As you see that the Qur'an is quite clear in the order. So we must find out where the breakdown of understanding is.

Ennin you wrote:

The Muslim position, however, is that he never died, and therefore is still alive.

Where in the Qur'an does it say that Jesus died or will die? Once again we read the natural order God has given righteous men.

Surat Al-'A`rāf (The Heights)

7: 24 [ Allah ] said, "Descend, being to one another enemies. And for you on the earth is a place of settlement and enjoyment for a time."

7:25 He said, "Therein you will live, and therein you will die, and from it you will be brought forth."

Mohammed follows that natural order. But, he has not been raised from death.

3:144 Muhammad is not but a messenger. [Other] messengers have passed on before him. So if he was to die or be killed, would you turn back on your heels [to unbelief]? And he who turns back on his heels will never harm Allah at all; but Allah will reward the grateful.

Christians and Muslims both believe in birth, death, and Resurrection. Christians and Muslims both believe that Prophets die. What about Jesus?

Now we must remember Mohammed was born 600 years after Jesus. Gabriel tells Mohammed that Jesus one of the first miracles is when Jesus was a baby and stated that he will die. Now if Jesus does not die then that would not be a miracle at all. So that verse in the Qur'an would be considered corrupted.

But, fear not, as you shall see Jesus did die and for the following reason.

John 11

11:45 Then many of the people, who had come with Mary and had seen the things Jesus did, believed in him.

11:46 But some of them went to the Pharisees and reported to them what Jesus had done.

11:47 So the chief priests and the Pharisees called the council together and said, “What are we doing? For this man is performing many miraculous signs.

11:48 If we allow him to go on in this way, everyone will believe in him, and the Romans will come and take away our sanctuary and our nation.”

11:49 Then one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said, “You know nothing at all!

11:50 You do not realize that it is more to your advantage to have one man die for the people than for the whole nation to perish.”

11:51 (Now he did not say this on his own, but because he was high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus was going to die for the Jewish nation,

11:52 and not for the Jewish nation only, but to gather together into one the children of God who are scattered.)

11:53 So from that day they planned together to kill him.

Both Christians and Muslims believe that the Jews planned and thought they had killed Jesus. What is the reason do Muslims have for the Jewish faith to want Jesus dead? It would have to be capitol offense in the Torah and under Roman law for even to have a crucifixion.

We both use the book of Deuteronomy to cite a prediction of a coming prophet. So this means we both believe in the book of Deuteronomy is scripture. For one cannot cite prophecy without believing the words are scripture.

You have not mentioned whether Christians and Muslims both believe the Ebbionite Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza was a relative of Mohammed. The Ebionites were well known as being Torah observant. They are synonymous with the "Circumcision" opponents of Paul who rejected him as an apostle. As I read the Ebbionite conversion of faith I see similarity to Islam.

http://ebionite.org/cd.htm

My God is the God of Israel, and not Yeshua (Jesus) or any person.
My savior is the God of Israel, and not Yeshua (Jesus) or any person.
*The God of Israel Who created all things, created me and this world as good and with purpose;
Evil is the denial of this truth and God's good purpose revealed by His Torah.*
I believe Yeshua (Jesus) was a righteous man and not the instigator of any Christian religion.
I believe Yeshua (Jesus) was a son of God just as I am, human as I am.
I am superior to no son of God.
I will strive to walk like Yeshua walked on the path of God's Torah and not the path of men or governments or a multitude to do evil.
I renounce and resist all authority not subservient to the Torah of God.
These are true Ebionite beliefs my community and my Paqid strives to represent which I will support and strive to represent in my life.

I do see a possible difference. Like Christians, Muslims do not believe that Satan is a servant of God? Ebionites do believe that Satan (Iblees) was a servant of God (Allah)

Surat Al-Baqarah (The Cow)

2:34 And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.

Ebionites also believe the Jesus is dead.

Yeshua is not a god, not a sacrifice for sin, or savior. Such beliefs go against God. God's commandments have not been "done away with" or "nailed to the cross" but instead make up the single testament and Instructions for life to mankind. We ask you to honestly consider the fruit of other religions without explaining away their sins and failures to deliver a godly world; the millions of people they have murdered for "God" even other denominations of their own religion; and all the unbiblical ways in which they claim to honor their god. Deep down you know that neither God or the man Yeshua can truly be present in these religions. The God of Israel has more to give than Christianity or Islam (both of which are just altered, weakened versions of Israel's faith). Biblical faith has more to offer than any other religion.

Is your faith based on a god that hates you and wants to burn you? You need to keep seeking for the real God, the God of Israel, Who created you and loves you.

Are you a Jew who has become indistinguishable from your gentile friends and your Synagogue reminds you of a church? Have you apostatized from God to Christianity? Return to God. We will help you.

Yahwism, the faith of the Written Torah of the Bible given by the One God, Yahweh, is a revolutionary system of life with justice that can supersede all other systems of government and ideologies. The Evyonim (Ebionites) are Yahwists above all else. It allows for One Ruler, the God of Israel alone, with none beside Him. God is not man, and no man is divine. No man can make you right with God except yourself, and only you can atone for your sins through repentance and reparation to Him and your fellow man. You will never find God, Yahweh King of the Universe, world within worlds, worlds without end, in a church or shrine, kneeling before statues, sticks, stones, or men. Tear down your church. Take the wood and stones and build houses for the poor; take the sticks for firewood; sell the treasure and idols to buy food and heal the sick; bring all men in love to bend the knee to the God of Israel.

The Catholic Encyclopedia has a very good description of the Ebionite community.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05242c.htm

The word Ebionites, or rather, more correctly, Ebionæans (Ebionaioi), is a transliteration of an Aramean word meaning "poor men". It first occurs in Irenaeus, Adv. Haer., I, xxvi, 2, but without designation of meaning. Origen (Against Celsus II.1; De Princ., IV, i, 22) and Eusebius (Church History III.27) refer the name of these sectaries either to the poverty of their understanding, or to the poverty of the Law to which they clung, or to the poor opinions they held concerning Christ. This, however, is obviously not the historic origin of the name. Other writers, such as Tertullian (De Praescr., xxxiii; De Carne Chr., xiv, 18), Hippolytus (cfr. Pseudo-Tert., Adv. Haer., III, as reflecting Hippolytus's lost "Syntagma"), and Epiphanius (Haeres., xxx) derive the name of the sect from a certain Ebion, its supposed founder. Epiphanius even mentions the place of his birth, a hamlet called Cochabe in the district of Bashan, and relates that he travelled through Asia and even came to Rome. Of modern scholars Hilgenfeld has maintained the historical existence of this Ebion, mainly on the ground of some passages ascribed to Ebion by St. Jerome (Comm. in Gal., iii, 14) and by the author of a compilation of patristic texts against the Monothelites. But these passages are not likely to be genuine, and Ebion, otherwise unknown to history, is probably only an invention to account for the name Ebionites. The name may have been self-imposed by those who gladly claimed the beatitude of being poor in spirit, or who claimed to live after the pattern of the first Christians in Jerusalem, who laid their goods at the feet of the Apostles. Perhaps, however, it was first imposed by others and is to be connected with the notorious poverty of the Christians in Palestine (cf. Galatians 2:10). Recent scholars have plausibly maintained that the term did not originally designate any heretical sect, but merely the orthodox Jewish Christians of Palestine who continued to observe the Mosaic Law. These, ceasing to be in touch with the bulk of the Christian world, would gradually have drifted away from the standard of orthodoxy and become formal heretics. A stage in this development is seen in St. Justin's "Dialogue with Trypho the Jew", chapter xlvii (about A.D. 140), where he speaks of two sects of Jewish Christians estranged from the Church: those who observe the Mosaic Law for themselves, but do not require observance thereof from others; and those who hold it of universal obligation. The latter are considered heretical by all; but with the former St. Justin would hold communion, though not all Christians would show them the same indulgence. St. Justin, however, does not use the term Ebionites, and when this term first occurs (about A.D. 175) it designates a distinctly heretical sect.

The doctrines of this sect are said by Irenaeus to be like those of Cerinthus and Carpocrates. They denied the Divinity and the virginal birth of Christ; they clung to the observance of the Jewish Law; they regarded St. Paul as an apostate, and used only a Gospel according to St. Matthew (Adv. Haer., I, xxvi, 2; III, xxi, 2; IV, xxxiii, 4; V, i, 3). Their doctrines are similarly described by Hippolytus (Philos., VIII, xxii, X, xviii) and Tertullian (De carne Chr., xiv, 18), but their observance of the Law seems no longer so prominent a feature of their system as in the account given by Irenaeus. Origen is the first (Against Celsus V.61) to mark a distinction between two classes of Ebionites, a distinction which Eusebius also gives (Church History III.27). Some Ebionites accept, but others reject, the virginal birth of Christ, though all reject His pre-existence and His Divinity. Those who accepted the virginal birth seem to have had more exalted views concerning Christ and, besides observing the Sabbath, to have kept the Sunday as a memorial of His Resurrection. The milder sort of Ebionites were probably fewer and less important than their stricter brethren, because the denial of the virgin birth was commonly attributed to all. (Origen, Hom. in Luc., xvii) St. Epiphanius calls the more heretical section Ebionites, and the more Catholic-minded, Nazarenes. But we do not know whence St. Epiphanius obtained his information or or how far it is reliable. It is very hazardous, therefore, to maintain, as is sometimes done, that the distinction between Nazarenes and Ebionites goes back to the earliest days of Christianity.

From reading this there were two divisions of Ebionites. The ones that believed in the virgin birth of Jesus and the other that did not. From further reading I am beginning to suspect that Mohammed would be considered in line with the Ebionite faith. I see others that take this view as well.

Amongst the writings of the Ebionites must be mentioned:

Their Gospel. St. Irenæus only states that they used the Gospel of St. Matthew. Eusebius modifies this statement by speaking of the so-called Gospel according to the Hebrews, which was known to Hegesippus (Eusebius, Church History IV.22.8), Origen (Jerome, Illustrious Men 2), and Clem. Alex. (Stromata II.9.45). This, probably, was the slightly modified Aramaic original of St. Matthew, written in Hebrew characters. But St. Epiphanius attributes this to the Nazarenes, while the Ebionites proper only possessed an incomplete, falsified, and truncated copy thereof (Adv. Haer., xxix, 9). It is possibly identical with the Gospel of the Twelve.
Their Apocrypha: "The Circuits of Peter" (periodoi Petrou) and Acts of the Apostles, amongst which the "Ascents of James" (anabathmoi Iakobou). The first-named books are substantially contained in the Clementine Homilies under the title of Clement's "Compendium of Peter's itinerary sermons", and also in the "Recognitions" ascribed to the same. They form an early Christian didactic novel to propagate Ebionite views, i.e. their Gnostic doctrines, the supremacy of James, their connection with Rome, and their antagonism to Simon Magus. (See CLEMENTINES.)

The Works of Symmachus, i.e. his translation of the Old Testament (see VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE; SYMMACHUS THE EBIONITE), and his "Hypomnemata" against the canonical Gospel of St. Matthew. The latter work, which is totally lost (Eusebius, Church History VI.17; Jerome, Illustrious Men 44), is probably identical with "De distinctione præceptorum", mentioned by Ebed Jesu (Assemani, Bibl. Or., III, 1).

The book of Elchesai, or of "The Hidden power", purporting to have been written about A.D. 100 and brought to Rome about A.D. 217 by Alcibiades of Apamea. Those who accepted its doctrines and its new baptism were called Elchesaites. (Hipp., "Philos.", IX, xiv-xvii; Epiph., "Haer.", xix, 1; liii, 1.)

Of the history of this sect hardly anything is known. They exerted only the slightest influence in the East and none at all in the West, where they were known as Symmachiani. In St. Epiphanius's time small communities seem still to have existed in some hamlets of Syria and Palestine, but they were lost in obscurity. Further east, in Babylonia and Persia, their influence is perhaps traceable amongst the Mandeans, and it is suggested by Uhlhorn and others that they may be brought into connection with the origin of Islam.

Robert Price makes two interesting points. The message of Jesus Christ has been adapted to the faiths and traditional cultural folklore. He states the Greeks and Roman Christians had no need to incorporate the Torah into their system since it their Pagan background. Meanwhile the Aramaic Jews did have the Torah and did incorporate Jesus into their belief system.

In my opinion, the Persian and Arabian people did not have a Torah as well, but did have a greater understanding of it since many Jews had been dispersed into these regions twice after losing two wars against Babylon and later Rome. I am sure after a millenia both a intellectual and common individual had a very good understanding of the religious and cultural practices of the Jewish faith. It is true that Hellenistic Christian Jews also had influence on the Roman and Greek intellectuals, but poor who believed in a pantheon of Gods not so much. I would state the same with the Egyptian intellectuals as well.

Just like the divisions in Christianity there is a fundamental division of Islam between Sunni and Shia.

http://youtu.be/sgZeJXmTZUw

The Victors write the history. The Romans and the Arabians won the battles and thus the two major interpretations of who is the man Jesus Christ.

Is there any other words Christ the Messiah spoke in Qur'an other than 19:26-33?

I want to thank you Ennin for responding to the question above. But, the others are still in need of understanding.

Who are those that believe that God (Allah) is the third of the Trinity?

Does Qur'an refer to those that believe in Trinity consider the three Jesus, Mary, and God or is it Jesus, Holy Spirit, and God?

Is Gabriel or God's Holy Spirit the Pure Spirit that is mentioned in the Qur'an?

Was Gabriel talking about the Gnostics belief in God, Jesus, and Sophia (Wisdom)?

Was Gabriel talking Gnostic, Second Treatise of the Great Seth, where Simon of Cyrene took on Jesus form and died in his place, while Jesus stood laughing?

Do Muslims believe when Jesus died that he was struck with a piece of a dead yellow cow mentioned in Qur'an and brought back to life?

Is Mary a prophet?

Did Mohammed follow the Ebionite and Nestorian Church idea of Mary?

What was the purpose of Allah creating Jesus in the womb of Mary?

What was Allah's purpose in creating the only sinless being that ever existed?

What was Allah's purpose in making Jesus appear to be crucified to both the Jews and Christians for 600 years?

What was Allah's purpose in having Jesus Ascend to Heaven?

What is the purpose of Allah bringing back Jesus at the end of days?

Does Islam see the relation between Allah and Humans as Creator and His creation or Master and His slaves?

Who is "We" mentioned in the Surat An-Naĥl (The Bee) 16:97? I also noticed the same "We" in Surat Al-'Anbyā' (The Prophets) 21:91

Is "We" referring to Allah and the Holy Spirit? Or Allah and the Angel Gabriel?

In my faith Angels do not have the power to create.

Would the Didache, Codex Sinaiticus, John Rylands Papyrus 52, The Magdalen Papyrus, Chester Beatty Papyrus, and the continual compilation of evidence be considered the Injeel?

Can you explain why Allamah Jalaluddin Suyuti, Uthman bin Saeed bin Uthman Abu Amro al-Daani, Tafseer Ibn Kathir state there is a discrepancy in the number of verses in the Quran

Do you see "Allah as King (al-Malik)" and "Son of God" as only metaphors?

Is there anything beneath or above Allah?

Do you now recognize the written Qumran Isaiah Scroll preserved in its entirety 750 years before Mohammed to be the word of Allah? If not, why?

Is that a book to you? Or just a scroll?

Was this 'Table laden with food' miracle Jesus (Isa) last mentioned meal in Qur'an with His disciples?

The Arabic Infancy Gospel of the Savior appears to be the best fit to Qur'an. Do you think Mohammed heard this Gospel before Gabriel came to visit him?

Do you think Mohammed knew of the Gospel of Thomas? Don't you think that he would consider Jesus violent and disrespectful of his father in the Gospel of Thomas?

Please share with me how Islamic law is easier than the Teachings of Jesus Christ?

Again I show you passages from Scripture and the Book of Satan. Which of the two do you consider good?

Matthew 5

5:38 You have heard that it was said, An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

5:39 But I say to you, do not resist the evildoer. But whoever strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other to him as well.

The Book of Satan 3

7. Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek,

SMASH him on the other!; smite him hip and thigh, for self preservation is the highest law!

8. He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog!

9. Give blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom - with compound interest

liberally added thereunto! Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, a ye four fold, a hundred fold! Make yourself a Terror to your adversary, and when he goeth his way, he will possess much additional wisdom to ruminate over. Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit your immortal

spirit shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained.

Maybe this video will help you understand that a strong man can turn the other cheek. But, Jesus did not remove the need for punishment according to God (Allah's) law.

http://youtu.be/sraL5ERiwZ4

There is hope for Mercy for those who truly ask for forgiveness.

Hebrews 1

1:1 After God spoke long ago in various portions and in various ways to our ancestors through the prophets,

1:2 in these last days he has spoken to us in a son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he created the world.

1:3 The Son is the radiance of his glory and the representation of his essence, and he sustains all things by his powerful word, and so when he had accomplished cleansing for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

1:4 Thus he became so far better than the angels as he has inherited a name superior to theirs.

1:5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my son! Today I have fathered you”?

And in another place he says, “I will be his father and he will be my son.”

1:6 But when he again brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all the angels of God worship him!”

1:7 And he says of the angels, “He makes his angels spirits and his ministers a flame of fire,”

1:8 but of the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,

and a righteous scepter is the scepter of your kingdom.

1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness.

So God, your God, has anointed you over your companions with the oil of rejoicing.”

1:10 And,

“You founded the earth in the beginning, Lord,

and the heavens are the works of your hands.

1:11 They will perish, but you continue.

And they will all grow old like a garment,

1:12 and like a robe you will fold them up

and like a garment they will be changed,

but you are the same and your years will never run out.”

1:13 But to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?

1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Mark 9

9:2 Six days later Jesus took with him Peter, James, and John and led them alone up a high mountain privately. And he was transfigured before them,

9:3 and his clothes became radiantly white, more so than any launderer in the world could bleach them.

9:4 Then Elijah appeared before them along with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus.

9:5 So 8 Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us make three shelters – one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

9:6 (For they were afraid, and he did not know what to say.)

9:7 Then a cloud overshadowed them, and a voice came from the cloud, “This is my one dear Son. Listen to him!

9:8 Suddenly when they looked around, they saw no one with them any more except Jesus.

9:9 As they were coming down from the mountain, he gave them orders not to tell anyone what they had seen until after the Son of Man had risen from the dead.

9:10 They kept this statement to themselves, discussing what this rising from the dead meant.

Luke 9

9:28 Now about eight days after these sayings, Jesus took with him Peter, John, and James, and went up the mountain to pray.

9:29 As he was praying, the appearance of his face was transformed, and his clothes became very bright, a brilliant white.

9:30 Then two men, Moses and Elijah, began talking with him.

9:31 They appeared in glorious splendor and spoke about his departure that he was about to carry out at Jerusalem.

Matthew 17

17:1 Six days later Jesus took with him Peter, James, and John the brother of James, and led them privately up a high mountain.

17:2 And he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light.

17:3 Then Moses and Elijah also appeared before them, talking with him.

Exodus 34

34:29 Now when Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the testimony in his hand – when he came down from the mountain, Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

34:30 When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to approach him.

34:31 But Moses called to them, so Aaron and all the leaders of the community came back to him, and Moses spoke to them.

34:32 After this all the Israelites approached, and he commanded them all that the Lord had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.

34:33 When Moses finished speaking with them, he would put a veil on his face.

34:34 But when Moses went in before the Lord to speak with him, he would remove the veil until he came out. Then he would come out and tell the Israelites what he had been commanded.

34:35 When the Israelites would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face shone, Moses would put the veil on his face again, until he went in to speak with the Lord.

Daniel 3

3:14 Nebuchadnezzar said to them, “Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, that you don’t serve my gods and that you don’t pay homage to the golden statue that I erected?

3:15 Now if you are ready, when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, trigon, harp, pipes, and all kinds of music, you must bow down and pay homage to the statue that I had made. If you don’t pay homage to it, you will immediately be thrown into the midst of the furnace of blazing fire. Now, who is that god who can rescue you from my power?”

3:16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied to King Nebuchadnezzar, “We do not need to give you a reply concerning this.

3:17 If 29 our God whom we are serving exists, he is able to rescue us from the furnace of blazing fire, and he will rescue us, O king, from your power as well.

3:18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we don’t serve your gods, and we will not pay homage to the golden statue that you have erected.”

3:19 Then Nebuchadnezzar was filled with rage, and his disposition changed 31 toward Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. He gave orders to heat the furnace seven times hotter than it was normally heated.

3:20 He ordered strong soldiers in his army to tie up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and to throw them into the furnace of blazing fire.

3:21 So those men were tied up while still wearing their cloaks, trousers, turbans, and other clothes, 34 and were thrown into the furnace of blazing fire.

3:22 But since the king’s command was so urgent, and the furnace was so excessively hot, the men who escorted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were killed by the leaping flames.

3:23 But those three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell into the furnace of blazing fire while still securely bound.

3:24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was startled and quickly got up. He said to his ministers, “Wasn’t it three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?” They replied to the king, “For sure, O king.

3:25 He answered, “But I see four men, untied and walking around in the midst of the fire! No harm has come to them! And the appearance of the fourth is like that of a god!

3:26 Then Nebuchadnezzar approached the door of the furnace of blazing fire. He called out, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, servants of the most high God, come out! Come here!”

Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego emerged from the fire.

3:27 Once the satraps, prefects, governors, and ministers of the king had gathered around, they saw that those men were physically unharmed by the fire. The hair of their heads was not singed, nor were their trousers damaged. Not even the smell of fire was to be found on them!

Isaiah 42

43:1 Now, this is what the Lord says,

the one who created you, O Jacob,

and formed you, O Israel:

“Don’t be afraid, for I will protect 1 you.

I call you by name, you are mine.

43:2 When you pass through the waters, I am with you;

when you pass through the streams, they will not overwhelm you.

When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;

the flames will not harm you

Surat Al-Baqarah (The Cow)

2:87 And We did certainly give Moses the Torah and followed up after him with messengers. And We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, clear proofs and supported him with the Pure Spirit. But is it [not] that every time a messenger came to you, [O Children of Israel], with what your souls did not desire, you were arrogant? And a party [of messengers] you denied and another party you killed.

Jesus was denied and suffered death by being Crucified for claiming he was the Son of God.

One account has Mohammed dying a natural death

Another account has Mohammed suffering a slow death by being poisoned by his Jewish wife Safiyah, for the torturing and beheading of her true husband Kinana, the chief of the Jews at Khaibar and her uncle.

Since suffering agonizing pain before death would be a common theme for Christians and Muslims; I am going to focus on the account of Mohammed being poisoned. Here is a Muslim speaking about the poisoned meat eaten by Mohammed.

http://youtu.be/p1HBNe3R0vI

jesus-on-the-cross.jpg

Muhammad-dying.jpg

Those of the Jewish faith can contend if Commandments in the Torah are broken they are justified in their actions.

Exodus 20

20:13 "You shall not murder.

God did not forbid killing per se. He commanded capital punishment and some war. The Hebrew word used here specifies murder, not just killing. The Israelites were to execute murderers and others under the Mosaic Law. However, He prohibited taking a human life without divine authorization.

Numbers 35

35:16 “But if he hits someone with an iron tool so that he dies, he is a murderer. The murderer must surely be put to death.

35:17 If he strikes him by throwing a stone large enough that he could die, and he dies, he is a murderer. The murderer must surely be put to death.

35:18 Or if he strikes him with a wooden hand weapon so that he could die, and he dies, he is a murderer. The murderer must surely be put to death.

35:19 The avenger of blood himself must kill the murderer; when he meets him, he must kill him.

If the story is true Safiyah may considered herself by the law of God (Allah) justified in poisoning Mohammed and his companions, because they killed her spouse and uncle.

If the story is true Safiyah may considered herself by the law of God (Allah) justified in poisoning Mohammed, because she considered him a false prophet.

18:20 “But if any prophet presumes to speak anything in my name that I have not authorized him to speak, or speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die.

The Pharisees considered themselves by the law of God (Allah) justified in crucifying Jesus, because they considered Him guilty of being more than just a false prophet.

John 10

10:31 The Jewish leaders picked up rocks again to stone him to death.

10:32 Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good deeds from the Father. For which one of them are you going to stone me?”

10:33 The Jewish leaders replied, “We are not going to stone you for a good deed but for blasphemy, because you, a man, are claiming to be God.

10:34 Jesus answered, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, you are gods’?

10:35 If those people to whom the word of God came were called ‘gods’ (and the scripture cannot be broken),

10:36 do you say about the one whom the Father set apart and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

10:37 If I do not perform the deeds of my Father, do not believe me.

10:38 But if I do them, even if you do not believe me, believe the deeds, so that you may come to know and understand that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.”

10:39 Then they attempted again to seize him, but he escaped their clutches.

Both Jesus and Mohammed had a choice in their actions.

Jesus could have corrected the Pharisees and stated that he was not divine or the Son of God. But, he did not.

Mohammed's companion Muhammad ibn Maslamah (Ansari) could have shown mercy on Kinana, but chose revenge for the loss of his brother Mahmud.

Kinana b. al-Rabi', who had the custody of the treasure of the B. al-Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came (Tabari says "was brought") to the apostle and said that he had seen Kinana going round a certain ruin every morning early. When the apostle said to Kinana, 'Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?' he said Yes. The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave ordrs to al-Zubayr b. al-'Awwam, 'Torture him until you extract what he has,' so he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head in revenge for his brother Mahmud.

Mohammed could have not have chosen to taken Safiyya as a conquered bride. But, he chose to. God (Allah) was pleased with her.

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/muslim/008-smt.php#008.3329

Book 008, Number 3329:

Anas, (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Safiyya (Allah be pleased with her) fell to the lot of Dihya in the spoils of war, and they praised her in the presence of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: We have not seen the like of her among the captives of war. He sent (a messenger) to Dihya and he gave him whatever he demanded. He then sent her to my mother and asked her to embellish her. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) then got out of Khaibar until when he was on the other side of it, he halted, and a tent was pitched for him. When it was morning Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who has surplus of provision with him should bring that to us. Some persons would bring the surplus of dates, and the other surplus of mush of barley until there became a heap of bals. They began to eat the hais and began to drink out of the pond which had the water of rainfall in it and which was situated by their side. Anas said that that constituted the wedding feast of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). He (further) said: We proceeded until we saw the walls of Medina, and we were delighted. We made our mounts run quickly and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) also made his mount run quickly. And Safiyya (Allah be pleased with her) was at his back, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had seated her behind him. The camel of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stumbled and he (the Holy Prophet) fell down and she also fell down. And none among the people was seeing him and her, until Allah's Messeuger (may peace be upon him) stood up and he covered her, and we came to him and he said: We have received no injury. We entered Medina and there came out the young ladies of the household. They saw her (hadrat Safiyya) and blamed her for falling down.

I need to understand the two different stories of Safiyya bint Huyayy. One must be corrupted. And why is their two different views.

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Safiyah

When the Muslims invaded and conquered Khaybar, the fighting men were killed and Safiyah was taken captive (along with the rest of the women and children) and allotted as booty to Dihya Al-Kalbi, a Muslim. Kinana was tortured and executed by the Muslims in order to discover the hiding places of treasure,and one source relates that he and Safiyah had been married only one day.She was so beautiful, that the Muslims began praising her in the presence of Muhammad and so the prophet commanded that Dihya be brought before him along with Safiyah. Upon seeing her, Muhammad said, "Take any slave girl other than her from the captives" and he selected her for himself.The Muslims left Khaibar to return to Medina and on the way they stopped at a place called Sidd-as-Sahba; it was at this time Safiyah became clean from her menses. The "marriage banquet" consisted of haris (a kind of dish) served on a small leather sheet and a gathering of those who were conveniently nearby. Another narrator describes the banquet in this way: "...there was neither meat nor bread in that banquet, but the Prophet ordered Bilal to spread the leather mats on which dates, dried yogurt and butter were put." Muhammad stayed three nights there and consummated his marriage with Safiyah. Despite this banquet, the Muslims were still not sure whether she would be considered a wife or a right hand possession until Muhammad set off and forced her to wear a veil as she rode behind him on his camel. He considered her manumission to be an adequate mahr (dowry).

Safiyah bint Huyayy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safiyya_bint_Huyayy

According to Muhammad al-Bukhari, Muhammad stayed for three days between Khaybar and Medina, where he consummated his marriage to Safiyya. His companions wondered if she was to be considered a captive (Arabic: ma malakat aymanukum‎) or a wife. The former speculated that they would consider Safiyya as Muhammad's wife, and thus "Mothers of the Believers", if Muhammad ordered her to veil herself, else she would be his slave-girl.

Some modern scholars opine that Muhammad chose to marry Safiyya, the only surviving member of Banu Nadir's ruling family, as part of reconciliation with the Jewish tribe.

Muhammad suggested that Safiyya convert to Islam, which she did, and thus she become Muhammad's wife.Safiyya did not bear any children to Muhammad.

Despite her conversion, Muhammad's other wives teased Safiyya of her Jewish origin. Doubts about Safiyya's loyalty to Islam and the suspicion that she would avenge her slain kin are themes in the Sirah Rasul Allah (biographies of Muhammad). In these stories, Muhammad or Umar express great displeasure at such doubts and reaffirm her loyalty.

Regarding Safiyya's Jewish descent, Muhammad once said to his wife, "If they discriminate you again, tell them that your husband is Muhammad, your father was the prophet Aaron and your uncle was prophet Musa. In this case I'm superior to you."

My friend who is a Sunni Muslim that Mohammed Pbuh did not kill her husband, her husband was killed on Khaibar. And he [Mohammed Pbuh] died a normal death. Actually this Hadith is not in Sahih Al-Bukhari. I am not sure if they're actually Muslims, cause they're giving the wrong picture of Islam.

This is what I have so far. Mohammed may have died at the age of 63. He may have been poisoned from a list of suspects. Using the Hadith I am finding a list of witness accounts.

Anas bin Malik ibn Nadar al-Khazraji Al-Ansari was a well-known sahabi (companion) of the Islamic prophet Muhammad believed Allah's messenger was poisoned from a sheep.

Slow-cooked-lamb-shank-video-h-5ab47afa-

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/253-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2021.%20Food/18147-abu-dawud-book-021-hadith-number-3771.html

Abu Dawud Book 021, Hadith Number 3771.

Abu Dawud Book 21. Food

Bismillah-Hir-Rahman-Nir-Raheem

Chapter : Not known.

Narated By Abdullah ibn Mas'ud :

The bone dearer to the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) was the bone of sheep.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/253-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2021.%20Food/18146-abu-dawud-book-021-hadith-number-3772.html

Abu Dawud Book 021, Hadith Number 3772.

Abu Dawud Book 21. Food

Narated By Abdullah ibn Mas'ud :

The tradition mentioned above (No. 3771) has also been narrated by Ibn Mas'ud with a different chain of narrators.

This version has: The Prophet (pbuh) liked the foreleg (of a sheep). Once the foreleg was poisoned, and he thought that the Jews had poisoned it.

http://hadithcollection.com/abudawud/266-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2034.%20Types%20Of%20Blood-Wit/18368-abu-dawud-book-034-hadith-number-4494.html

Abu Dawud Book 034, Hadith Number 4494.

Abu Dawud Book 34. Types Of Blood-Wit

Chapter : If a man gives another poison to drink or eat will retaliation be taken on him or not.

Narated By Abu Hurairah :

A Jewess presented a poisoned sheep to the Prophet (may peace be upon him), but the Prophet (may peace be upon him) did not interfere with her.

Abu Dawud said: The Jewess who poisoned the Prophet (may peace be upon him) was sistef of Marhab.

http://sahih-bukhari.com/Pages/Bukhari_3_47.php

Volume 3, Book 47, Number 786 :

Narrated by Anas bin Malik

A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Apostle.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihmuslim/154-Sahih%20Muslim%20Book%2026.%20On%20Salutations%20and%20Greetings/13864-sahih-muslim-book-026-hadith-number-5430.html

Sahih Muslim Book 026, Hadith Number 5430.

Sahih Muslim Book 26. On Salutations and Greetings

Chapter : Poison.

Anas reported that a Jewess came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) with poisoned mutton and he took of that what had been brought to him (Allah's Messenger). (When the effect of this poison were felt by him) he called for her and asked her about that, whereupon she said: I had determined to kill you. Thereupon he said: Allah will never give you the power to do it. He (the narrator) said that they (the Companion's of the Holy Prophet) said: Should we not kill her? Thereupon he said: No. He (Anas) said: I felt (the affects of this poison) on the uvula of Aitah's Messenger.

Anas b. Malik reported that a Jewess brought poisoned meat and then served it to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/266-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2034.%20Types%20Of%20Blood-Wit/18367-abu-dawud-book-034-hadith-number-4495.html

Abu Dawud Book 034, Hadith Number 4495.

Abu Dawud Book 34. Types Of Blood-Wit

Chapter : If a man gives another poison to drink or eat will retaliation be taken on him or not.

Narated By Jabir ibn Abdullah :

Ibn Shihab said:

Jabir ibn Abdullah used to say that a Jewess from the inhabitants of Khaybar poisoned a roasted sheep and presented it to the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) who took its foreleg and ate from it. A group of his companions also ate with him.

The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) then said: Take your hands away (from the food). The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) then sent someone to the Jewess and he called her.

He said to her: Have you poisoned this sheep? The Jewess replied: Who has informed you? He said: This foreleg which I have in my hand has informed me. She said: Yes. He said: What did you intend by it? She said: I thought if you were a prophet, it would not harm you; if you were not a prophet, we should rid ourselves of him (i.e. the Prophet). The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) then forgave her, and did not punish her. But some of his companions who ate it, died. The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) had himself cupped on his shoulder on account of that which he had eaten from the sheep. AbuHind cupped him with the horn and knife. He was a client of Banu Bayadah from the Ansar.

Abu Huraira was a companion of the Islamic prophet Muhammad and the narrator of Hadith most quoted in the isnad by Sunnis believed Allah's messenger was poisoned from a sheep.

http://sahih-bukhari.com/Pages/Bukhari_7_71.php

Volume 7, Book 71, Number 669 :

Narrated by Abu Huraira

When Khaibar was conquered, Allah's Apostle was presented with a poisoned (roasted) sheep. Allah's Apostle said, "Collect for me all the Jews present in this area." (When they were gathered) Allah's Apostle said to them, "I am going to ask you about something; will you tell me the truth?" They replied, "Yes, O Abal-Qasim!" Allah's Apostle said to them, "Who is your father?" They said, "Our father is so-and-so." Allah's Apostle said, "You have told a lie. for your father is so-and-so," They said, "No doubt, you have said the truth and done the correct thing." He again said to them, "If I ask you about something; will you tell me the truth?" They replied, "Yes, O Abal-Qasim! And if we should tell a lie you will know it as you have known it regarding our father," Allah's Apostle then asked, "Who are the people of the (Hell) Fire?" They replied, "We will remain in the (Hell) Fire for a while and then you (Muslims) will replace us in it" Allah's Apostle said to them. ''You will abide in it with ignominy. By Allah, we shall never replace you in it at all." Then he asked them again, "If I ask you something, will you tell me the truth?" They replied, "Yes." He asked. "Have you put the poison in this roasted sheep?" They replied, "Yes," He asked, "What made you do that?" They replied, "We intended to learn if you were a liar in which case we would be relieved from you, and if you were a prophet then it would not harm you."

This book is verse is similar. Here it mentions more than one prophet. Were all Mohammed's companions given the title Apostle and/or Prophet?

http://sahih-bukhari.com/Pages/Bukhari_4_53.php

Volume 4, Book 53, Number 394

Narrated by Abu Huraira

When Khaibar was conquered, a roasted poisoned sheep was presented to the Prophets as a gift (by the Jews). The Prophet ordered, "Let all the Jews who have been here, be assembled before me." The Jews were collected and the Prophet said (to them), "I am going to ask you a question. Will you tell the truth?'' They said, "Yes.' The Prophet asked, "Who is your father?" They replied, "So-and-so." He said, "You have told a ie; your father is so-and-so." They said, "You are right." He siad, "Will you now tell me the truth, if I ask you about something?" They replied, "Yes, O AbuAl-Qasim; and if we should tell a lie, you can realize our lie as you have done regarding our father." On that he asked, "Who are the people of the (Hell) Fire?" They said, "We shall remain in the (Hell) Fire for a short period, and after that you will replace us." The Prophet said, "You may be cursed and humiliated in it! By Allah, we shall never replace you in it.'' Then he asked, "Will you now tell me the truth if I ask you a question?" They said, "Yes, O Ab Li-AI-Qasim." He asked, "Have you poisoned this sheep?" They said, "Yes." He asked, "What made you do so?" They said, "We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would get rid of you, and if you are a prophet then the poison would not harm you."

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/90/4465-sahih-bukhari-volume-005-book-057-hadith-number-062.html

Aisha) was one of Muḥammad's wives and was given the title "Mother of the Believers."

Sahih Bukhari Book 57. Companions of the Prophets

Narated By 'Aisha :

The Prophet called his daughter Fatima during his illness in which he died, and told her a secret whereupon she wept. Then he called her again and told her a secret whereupon she laughed. When I asked her about that, she replied, "The Prophet spoke to me in secret and informed me that he would die in the course of the illness during which he died, so I wept. He again spoke to me in secret and informed me that I would be the first of his family to follow him (after his death) and on that I laughed."

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/89/4328-sahih-bukhari-volume-004-book-056-hadith-number-736.html

Sahih Bukhari Book 56. Virtues and Merits of the Prophets (PBUH) and his Companions

Print

Narated By 'Aisha :

The Prophet died when he was sixty three years old.

murder-mystery-sherlock-holmes.jpg

Baha'i, the Shiites and Ismailis

Have nothing to do with Islam

No matter how you try to prove a negative

I say the Holy Qur'an and the Hadith

Only the truth inside them

Bukhari is the book the right and the main source of sayings of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

And beyond ranging from Sahih Muslim, Tirmidhi and Nasa'i and Ben Majah, and so on

"The Sufis did not only go out on the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah peace and blessings be upon him,

Indeed beliefs collide mainly with the essence of Islam ..

The Sufis say pantheistic,

They believe that the presence of one fact no difference in their eyes between the right and the creation,

He said anti-Islam and its tenets. "

(Why do you call God and get off Needs to people like (dead in graves ) , but those most in need of you in their graves to the mercy of God??

The Almighty Allah in the Holy Qur'an says ::

(60. And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism)] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!") Ghafir / 60

Why should you spend worship to dead in graves and asked them relief ..

"The Holy Spirit refers to the Angel Jibreel (Gabriel), also known as Jibraaeel; he is the message-bearer par excellence from Allah, the Lord of Glory and Grace; he is also the conduit of divine support and assistance bestowed on Prophets, Messengers as well as righteous people who strive in the path of Allah.

1. Thus we read in the Quran that the Prophets (peace be upon them all) are chosen by Allah by sending down the Holy Spirit with the revelations: He sends down the Spirit from His command, upon those of His servants He chooses, in order to warn people of the Day of Meeting. (Ghafir: 15)

2. We also read in the Quran that it (the Quran) was sent down upon the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) through the medium of Holy Spirit: Say: The Holy Spirit brought it down from your Lord with the truth, to strengthen those who believe, and as a guidance and good tidings to the Muslims. (An-Nahl: 102)

"And your Lord, He is indeed the August, the Compassionate. And it is a sending down from the Lord of the Worlds, brought down by the Trustworthy Spirit, upon your heart, that you may be one of the warners, in Arabic speech. (Ash-Shu`ara': 191-195)

3. It is in the same spirit that we read in the Quran that the Holy Spirit was sent down to strengthen Jesus and assist him in his work:

We gave Jesus, son of Mary, clear signs, and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit (Al-Baqarah: 253)

Then Allah will say, O Jesus son of Mary! Remember My favor upon you and upon your mother; how I strengthened you with the Holy Spirit (Al-Ma'idah: 110)

4. Furthermore, we read in the Prophetic traditions: The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, Verily, the Holy Spirit has cast this idea in my heart: No soul shall die before its appointed time and without having exhausted the means of livelihood apportioned for it, so try to look for a livelihood as best as you can, but don't seek it through unlawful means. (Reported by Abu Nu`aym in Hilyah)

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) prayed to Allah to strengthen the famous poet Hassan ibn Thabit with the Holy Spirit in composing poems in defense of Islam: O Allah! Strengthen him with the Holy Spirit. (Reported by al-Bukhari)

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) later on said about Hassan: Verily Allah, the Glorious and Mighty, is strengthening Hassan with the Holy Spirit. (Reported by at-Tirmidhi and Ahmad) The Holy Spirit is with Hassan in his work! (Reported by Abu Dawud)

It should be clear from the above that the Holy Spirit is the Angel Jibreel sent by Allah to assist His chosen servants in their divinely ordained missions."

“Word” from God

Jesus is referred to as a “Word” from God in three passages in the Quran. No other prophet has been described with such a title.

“…O Mary! Behold, God gives you good news of a word from Him, who shall become known as the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary...” (Quran 3:45)

“…The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of God, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary...” (Quran 4:171)

“…God gives you good news of (a son whose name is) John, (who comes) to confirm a word from God…” (Quran 3:39)

Christians believe that in the first chapter of the Gospel of John, Jesus is identified as “the Word” (logos in Greek) incarnated, or made flesh. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth...”

The Christian idea of the logos is completely different from the simple Islamic understanding of the ‘Word.’ The idea of the Greek logos may be traced back at least to the 6th century BC philosopher, Heracleitus. He proposed that there was a logos in the cosmic process analogous to the reasoning power in man. The Greek speaking Jewish philosopher, Judaeus Philo of Alexandria (15 BC - 45 CE), taught that the logos was the intermediary between God and the cosmos. The writings of Philo were preserved and cherished by the Church, and provided the inspiration for a sophisticated Christian philosophical theology. “The identification of Jesus with the logos… was further developed in the early church but more on the basis of Greek philosophical ideas than on Old Testament motifs. This development was dictated by attempts made by early Christian theologians and apologists to express the Christian faith in terms that would be intelligible to the Hellenistic world and to impress their hearers with the view that Christianity was superior to, or heir to, all that was best in pagan philosophy.”[1]

Islam provides a clear explanation of how Jesus was a “Word” from God. But first the process of human procreation must be understood. The Might of God is behind everything. Whenever God decides to do something, like giving life or causing death, He says the word “Be” and it happens,

“It is He who gives life and causes death; and when He decrees a matter, He but says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.” (Quran 40:68)

The first step in human procreation is the biological union between male and female reproductive cells in addition to the will of God. Since Jesus was born without a father, he was not conceived by the male sperm cells. Instead his creation, similar to Adam, is solely attributed to the Word of God, ‘Be.’ God says:

“Indeed the likeness of Jesus to God as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, ‘Be,’ and he was.” (Quran 3:59)

The Quran gives details of Jesus’ conception. Mary was not impregnated by a man. Angel Gabriel, referred to in the Quran as the Spirit, brought the soul of Jesus – his soul was created by God like other human souls - to breathe it into Mary. On seeing the angel, she expressed with surprise,

“‘My Lord,’ said Mary, how shall I have a son when no man has ever touched me?” (Quran 3:47)

The angel answered,

“Thus it is: God creates what He wills: When he decrees a matter, He only says to it: ‘Be,’ and it is.” (Quran 3:47)

Gabriel then blew the soul of Jesus into Mary, “so We blew into it (her womb) through Our angel.” (Quran 66:12)

In essence, Jesus is God’s ‘Word’ because he came into existence by God’s Word - ‘Be’ - as the Quran describes in another passage,

“His word which He conveyed unto Mary...” (Quran 4:171)

(4) “Spirit” from God

In the Quran, God attributes certain creations to Himself as a means of respect and honor. For example, God calls the sacred mosque in Mecca “My House” as a means of veneration. God says:

“And We enjoined Abraham and Ishmael saying: ‘Purify My House for those who circumambulate (it), and those who abide (in it) for devotion, and those who bow down (and) those who prostrate themselves.” (Quran 2:125)

The Quran describes Jesus to be a ‘Spirit’ proceeding from God:

“We breathed into her (Mary) from My Spirit.” (Quran 21:91)

“…a Spirit created by Him.”(Quran 4:171)

“We blew into (her womb) through Our angel.” (Quran 66:12)

Jesus was a spirit, or more correctly, a soul created by God, brought by Gabriel, a mighty angel of God, and breathed into Mary:

“We blew into (her womb from her garment) through Our angel.” (Quran 66:12)

Jesus was not a ‘part,’ ‘person,’ or ‘activity’ of God that separated and dwelled inside Mary. He is called a ‘Spirit’ from God as a symbol of respect and honor, not divinity.

Likewise, God also gives Adam this characteristic of being His spirit. God said when He ordered the angels to prostrate to Adam upon his creation.:

“So, when I have fashioned him (Adam) completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall down prostrating yourselves unto him.” (Quran 38:72)

Indeed Jesus is given an honored status in the Quran and is has been given certain titles and descriptions not given to other prophets, but this in no way should cause a person to believe that Jesus was anything other than mortal. This can be summarized in the following verse in which God says:

“O People of the Book (the Jews and the Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against God, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, is only a messenger of God and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit from Him; believe therefore in God and His messengers, and say not, ‘Three’. Desist, it is better for you; Indeed God is only one diety; far be it from His glory that He should have a son, To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6RLm58RVdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1opWhZfIRmw

Wow. You have written a tremendous amount. It will take time to fully understand what you have written. I too want to separate the truth from that of wishful thinking that defines God (Allah) and His creation.

I am going to start at the beginning.

Ennin you wrote:

Baha'i, the Shiites and Ismailis

Have nothing to do with Islam

No matter how you try to prove a negative

I say the Holy Qur'an and the Hadith

Only the truth inside them

Bukhari is the book the right and the main source of sayings of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

And beyond ranging from Sahih Muslim, Tirmidhi and Nasa'i and Ben Majah, and so on

What about the 'Nation of Islam' here in the United States?

http://www.noi.org

Do you consider Abdullah ibn Mas'ud, Abu Hurairah, Anas bin Malik, Abdullah, and Aisha credible witnesses to the life of Mohammed?

I do not want to go off too much of a tangent, but reading some of the Hadiths do not seem very practical in American culture. I only mention it, because you stated that the hard rules of Christianity were not practical.

Do you also believe that if a Muslim converts to another religion, that Muslim should be killed? I wonder if this edict was made to stop Mohammed's soldiers from deserting. Just like we consider people that defect to the other side as traitors to our country.

What is illegal sexual intercourse?

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/116-Sahih%20Bukhari%20Book%2083.%20Blood%20Money%20(Ad-Diyat)/6523-sahih-bukhari-volume-009-book-083-hadith-number-017.html

Sahih Bukhari Volume 009, Book 083, Hadith Number 017.

Sahih Bukhari Book 83. Blood Money (Ad-Diyat)
Print

Narrated By 'Abdullah :

Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

I did not realize Mohammed spilled blood. That would make him less like Moses and Jesus. Mohammed seems more like King David in this sense. But, Prophets share some aspects of other Prophets. Would you agree?

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/116-Sahih%20Bukhari%20Book%2083.%20Blood%20Money%20(Ad-Diyat)/6513-sahih-bukhari-volume-009-book-083-hadith-number-024.html

Sahih Bukhari Volume 009, Book 083, Hadith Number 024.

Narrated By Anas bin Malik :

The Prophet killed a Jew for killing a girl in order to take her ornaments.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/116-Sahih%20Bukhari%20Book%2083.%20Blood%20Money%20(Ad-Diyat)/6508-sahih-bukhari-volume-009-book-083-hadith-number-027.html

Mohammed appears to have a warriors code of conduct. Ironically King David sinned when he spied on Bathsheba bathing.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 009, Book 083, Hadith Number 027.

Narrated By Yahya :

Humaid said, "A man peeped into the house of the Prophet and the Prophet aimed an arrow head at him to hit him." I asked, "Who told you that?" He said, "Anas bin Malik" (See Hadith No. 258 and 259, Vol. 8)

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/116-Sahih%20Bukhari%20Book%2083.%20Blood%20Money%20(Ad-Diyat)/6498-sahih-bukhari-volume-009-book-083-hadith-number-032.html

Sahih Bukhari Volume 009, Book 083, Hadith Number 032.

Narrated By Anas :

The daughter of An-Nadr slapped a girl and broke her incisor tooth. They (the relatives of that girl), came to the Prophet and he gave the order of Qisas (equality in punishment).

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/116-Sahih%20Bukhari%20Book%2083.%20Blood%20Money%20(Ad-Diyat)/6489-sahih-bukhari-volume-009-book-083-hadith-number-038b.html

Sahih Bukhari Volume 009, Book 083, Hadith Number 038B.

Narrated By Sahl bin Sa'd As-Sa'idi :

A man peeped through a hole in the door of Allah's Apostle's house, and at that time, Allah's Apostle had a Midri (an iron comb or bar) with which he was rubbing his head. So when Allah's Apostle saw him, he said (to him), "If I had been sure that you were looking at me (through the door), I would have poked your eye with this (sharp iron bar)." Allah's Apostle added, "The asking for permission to enter has been enjoined so that one may not look unlawfully (at what there is in the house without the permission of its people)."

It is interesting to see read that Mohammed said not to give him preference over other prophets. Because he does not know who will be the first to awake during resurrection. This begs the question if Jesus is awake then he is the first among prophets. If he died and was awakened, then he is the first among prophets. I wonder why some Muslims say he was the greatest?

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/116-Sahih%20Bukhari%20Book%2083.%20Blood%20Money%20(Ad-Diyat)/6373-sahih-bukhari-volume-009-book-083-hadith-number-052.html

Sahih Bukhari Volume 009, Book 083, Hadith Number 052.

Narrated By Abu Said Al-Khudri :

A Jew whose face had been slapped (by someone), came to the Prophet and said, "O Muhammad! A man from your Ansari companions slapped me. " The Prophet said, "Call him". They called him and the Prophet asked him, "Why did you slap his face?" He said, "O Allah's Apostle! While I was passing by the Jews, I heard him saying, 'By Him Who chose Moses above all the human beings.' I said (protestingly), 'Even above Muhammad?' So I became furious and slapped him." The Prophet said, "Do not give me preference to other prophets, for the people will become unconscious on the Day of Resurrection and I will be the first to gain conscious, and behold, I will Find Moses holding one of the pillars of the Throne (of Allah). Then I will not know whether he has become conscious before me or he has been exempted because of his unconsciousness at the mountain (during his worldly life) which he received."

This would have been well received by American Southern slave masters who made conjugal visits with their property. But, it has no place in today's world of Civil Rights. Those who are branded slaves experience joy and sorrow. Did Mohammed consider slaves to have a soul?

I personally believe slavery to be the will of Satan that effects all people of all faiths.

http://youtu.be/JkI0DLRUtSM

Abu Dawud Book 005, Hadith Number 2059.

Abu Dawud Book 05. Marriage

Narated By Hajjaj ibn Malik al-Aslami :

I asked: Apostle of Allah, what will remove from me the obligation due for fostering a child? He said: A slave or a slave-woman.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/237-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2005.%20Marriage/16442-abu-dawud-book-005-hadith-number-2073.html

Abu Dawud Book 005, Hadith Number 2073.

Narated By Jabir ibn Abdullah : The Prophet (pbuh) said: If any slave marries without the permission of his masters, he is a fornicator.

In no way would this be considered practical for today's modern woman.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/237-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2005.%20Marriage/16439-abu-dawud-book-005-hadith-number-2078.html

Abu Dawud Book 005, Hadith Number 2078.

Narated By 'Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin :

The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said: The marriage of a woman who marries without the consent of her guardians is void. (He said these words) three times. If there is cohabitation, she gets her dower for the intercourse her husband has had. If there is a dispute, the sultan (man in authority) is the guardian of one who has none.

Ennin you wrote:

The practicality of Islamic Law is one particular aspect that truly impressed me at that time, coming, again, from my Christian background. It is a great blessing that in Islam one finds detailed teachings that result in their desired goals while, at the same time, being extremely practical and consistent with human nature.

I would like to understand your Christian background. I am the son of a Deacon in the Catholic Church here in America. While looking browsing the Hadith looking for accounts of Mohammed being poisoned. I have found many things that are would drastically deviate from my faith and culture. Do you believe in all the decrees listed in the Hadith?

While finding out the woman you married had sex and got pregnant would upset any normal man; the idea of beating her after the fact seems brutal in my culture. I imagine the woman thinking that she will be beaten after she goes to the pain of delivery. Then there can be no inquiry, by anyone to the reason the wife was beaten. What if the woman truly did not wrong. Then the child will suffer slavery for something that was the fault of another. Just does not seem fair.

The Virgin Mary could have been beaten and Jesus sold into slavery.

1_1__Mary_Mother_of_God.jpg

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/237-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2005.%20Marriage/16369-abu-dawud-book-005-hadith-number-2126.html

Abu Dawud Book 005, Hadith Number 2126.

Narated By Basrah :

A man from the Ansar called Basrah said: I married a virgin woman in her veil. When I entered upon her, I found her pregnant. (I mentioned this to the Prophet). The Prophet (pbuh) said: She will get the dower, for you made her vagina lawful for you. The child will be your slave. When she has begotten (a child), flog her (according to the version of al-Hasan). The version of Ibn AbusSari has: You people, flog her, or said: inflict hard punishment on him.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/237-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2005.%20Marriage/16362-abu-dawud-book-005-hadith-number-2141.html

Abu Dawud Book 005, Hadith Number 2141.

Narated By Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab :

Iyas ibn Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) as saying: Do not beat Allah's handmaidens, but when Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them. Then many women came round the family of the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) complaining against their husbands. So the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said: Many women have gone round Muhammad's family complaining against their husbands. They are not the best among you.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/237-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2005.%20Marriage/16361-abu-dawud-book-005-hadith-number-2142.html

Abu Dawud Book 005, Hadith Number 2142.

Narated By Umar ibn al-Khattab :

The Prophet (pbuh) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/237-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2005.%20Marriage/16359-abu-dawud-book-005-hadith-number-2153.html

Abu Dawud Book 005, Hadith Number 2153.

Narated By Ruwayfi' ibn Thabit al-Ansari :

Should I tell you what I heard the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) say on the day of Hunayn: It is not lawful for a man who believes in Allah and the last day to water what another has sown with his water (meaning intercourse with women who are pregnant); it is not lawful for a man who believes in Allah and the Last Day to have intercourse with a captive woman till she is free from a menstrual course; and it is not lawful for a man who believes in Allah and the Last Day to sell spoil till it is divided.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/237-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2005.%20Marriage/16358-abu-dawud-book-005-hadith-number-2155.html

Abu Dawud Book 005, Hadith Number 2155.

Narated By Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As :

The Prophet (pbuh) said: If one of you marries a woman or buys a slave, he should say: "O Allah, I ask Thee for the good in her, and in the disposition Thou hast given her; I take refuge in Thee from the evil in her, and in the disposition Thou hast given her." When he buys a camel, he should take hold of the top of its hump and say the same kind of thing.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/abudawud/237-Abu%20Dawud%20Book%2005.%20Marriage/16356-abu-dawud-book-005-hadith-number-2159.html

Abu Dawud Book 005, Hadith Number 2159.

Narated By Abdullah Ibn Abbas :

Ibn Umar misunderstood (the Qur'anic verse, "So come to your tilth however you will")--may Allah forgive him. The fact is that this clan of the Ansar, who were idolaters, lived in the company of the Jews who were the people of the Book. They (the Ansar) accepted their superiority over themselves in respect of knowledge, and they followed most of their actions. The people of the Book (i.e. the Jews) used to have intercourse with their women on one side alone (i.e. lying on their backs). This was the most concealing position for (the vagina of) the women. This clan of the Ansar adopted this practice from them. But this tribe of the Quraysh used to uncover their women completely, and seek pleasure with them from in front and behind and laying them on their backs.

When the muhajirun (the immigrants) came to Medina, a man married a woman of the Ansar. He began to do the same kind of action with her, but she disliked it, and said to him: We were approached on one side (i.e. lying on the back); do it so, otherwise keep away from me. This matter of theirs spread widely, and it reached the Apostle of Allah (pbuh).

So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur'anic verse: "Your wives are a tilth to you, so come to your tilth however you will," i.e. from in front, from behind or lying on the back. But this verse meant the place of the delivery of the child, i.e. the vagina.

In my faith Jesus educated women like the men on how to enter the Kingdom of God.

John 4

4:5 Now he came to a Samaritan town 9 called Sychar, near the plot of land that Jacob had given to his son Joseph.

4:6 Jacob’s well was there, so Jesus, since he was tired from the journey, sat right down beside the well. It was about noon.

4:7 A Samaritan woman came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give me some water to drink.”

4:8 (For his disciples had gone off into the town to buy supplies.)

4:9 So the Samaritan woman said to him, “How can you – a Jew – ask me, a Samaritan woman, for water to drink?” (For Jews use nothing in common with Samaritans.)

4:10 Jesus answered her, “If you had known the gift of God and who it is who said to you, ‘Give me some water to drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”

4:11 “Sir,” the woman said to him, “you have no bucket and the well is deep; where then do you get this living water?

4:12 Surely you’re not greater than our ancestor Jacob, are you? For he gave us this well and drank from it himself, along with his sons and his livestock.”

4:13 Jesus replied, “Everyone who drinks some of this water will be thirsty again.

4:14 But whoever drinks some of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to eternal life.”

4:15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water, so that I will not be thirsty or have to come here to draw water.”

4:16 He said to her, “Go call your husband and come back here.”

4:17 The woman replied, “I have no husband.” Jesus said to her, “Right you are when you said, ‘I have no husband,’

4:18 for you have had five husbands, and the man you are living with now is not your husband. This you said truthfully!”

4:19 The woman said to him, “Sir, I see that you are a prophet.

4:20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you people say that the place where people must worship is in Jerusalem.”

4:21 Jesus said to her, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.

4:22 You people worship what you do not know. We worship what we know, because salvation is from the Jews.

4:23 But a time is coming – and now is here – when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such people to be his worshipers.

4:24 God is spirit, and the people who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

4:25 The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (the one called Christ); “whenever he comes, he will tell us everything.”

4:26 Jesus said to her, “I, the one speaking to you, am he.”

Ennin you wrote:

The Holy Spirit refers to the Angel Jibreel (Gabriel), also known as Jibraaeel; he is the message-bearer par excellence from Allah, the Lord of Glory and Grace; he is also the conduit of divine support and assistance bestowed on Prophets, Messengers as well as righteous people who strive in the path of Allah.

Holy Spirit derives from the Hebrew name רוח אלוהים Rauch Elohim meaning "spirit, wind, soul, ghost, mind of God". Even Jews believe that The Spirit of God (Allah) is Yahweh Himself.

pomba_branca_espirito_santo.jpg

Gabriel drives from the Hebrew name גַבְרִיאֵל (Gavri'el) meaning "strong man of God".

Archangel_Gabriel_2006.jpg

جبريل Jibreel is Arabic name for the "angel of revelation." Muslims believe Jibreel is Gabriel to the Christians and Jews. And if Ennin is correct Jibreel is also the Holy Spirit of God (Allah).

Mohammed_receiving_revelation_from_the_a

If Allah is the Lord of Angels and Spirits. And Gabriel is both and Angel and the Holy Spirit of Allah. Then does that make Gabriel Lord of Angels and Spirits? I believe Gabriel is an Angel and NOT the Holy Spirit.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/fiqh-ussunnah/336-Fiqh-us%20Sunnah%20Section%2013.%20The%20Witr%20Prayer/20931-fiqh-us-sunnah-volume-002-supererogatory-prayer-fiqh-2017.html

Fiqh-us-Sunnah Volume 002, Supererogatory Prayer, Fiqh 2.017.

Fiqh-us Sunnah Section 13. The Witr Prayer

Section : Supplications after the witr.

It is preferred for a person to say after the taslim:

"Glory be to the Master, the Holy," three times aloud, saying the third time:

"Lord of the angels and the souls."

Abu Dawud and anNasa'i record that Ubayy ibn Ka'b said:

"The Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam would recite al-A'la and al-Kafirun in the witr prayer. When he made the taslim, he would say:

'Glory be to the Master, the Holy,' three times, prolonging the third repetition and saying it aloud." This is the wording in which an-Nasa'i recorded it. Ad-Daraqutni has the addition:

"And he would say, 'Lord of the angels and the spirits. "'Â He would then make supplications and, according to what Ahmad, anNasa'i, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, and at-Tirmizhi record from 'Ali, he would say at the end of his witr: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Your pleasure from your anger. And I seek refuge in Your granting well being from Your punishment. And I seek refuge in You from You. I cannot reckon Your praise: You are as You have praised Yourself."

Ennin,
I believe you might want to reconsider your notion that the "Holy Spirit refers to the Angel Jibreel(Gabriel)." In this Hadith which you believe in, Allah (God) says And Gabriel, the Apostle of Allah is among us, and the Holy Spirit who has no match. This shows Gabriel is not Allah or the Holy Spirit.

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihmuslim/159-Sahih%20Muslim%20Book%2031.%20The%20Merits%20Of%20The%20Companions%20(PBUT)%20Of%20The%20Holy%20Prophet%20(PBUH)/14309-sahih-muslim-book-031-hadith-number-6081.html

Sahih Muslim Book 031, Hadith Number 6081.

Sahih Muslim Book 31. The Merits Of The Companions (PBUT) Of The Holy Prophet (PBUH)

Chapter : The merits of Hassan b. Thabit (Allah be pleased with him).

'Aisha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said. Satirise against the (non-believing amongst the) Quraish, for (the satire) is more grievous to them than the hurt of an arrow. So he (the Holy Prophet) sent (someone) to Ibn Rawiha and asked him to satirise against them, and he composed a satire, but it did not appeal to him (to the Holy Prophet). He then sent (someone) to Ka'b b. Malik (to do the same, but what he composed did not appeal to the Holy Prophet). He then sent one to Hassan b. Thabit. As he got into his presence, Hassan said: Now you have called for this lion who strikes (the enemies) with his tail. He then brought out his tongue and began to move it and said: By Him Who has sent you with Truth, I shall tear them with my tongue as the leather is torn. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Don't be hasty; (let) Abu Bakr who has the best knowledge of the lineage of the Quraish draw a distinction for you in regard to my lineage, as my lineage is the same as theirs. Hassan then came to him (Abu Bakr) and after making inquiry (in regard to the lineage of the Holy Prophet) came back to him (the holy Prophet) and said: Allah's Messenger, he (Abu Bakr) has drawn a distinction in vour lineage (and that of the Quraish) By Him Who has sent you with Truth, I shall draw out from them (your name) as hair is drawn out from the flour. 'Aisha said: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying to Hassin:

Verily Ruh-ul-Qudus would continue to help you so long as you put up a defence on behalf of Allah and His Messenger.

And she said:

I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) saying:

Hassan satirised against them and gave satisfaction to the (Muslims) and disquieted (the non-Muslims). You satirised Muhammad, but I replied on his behalf, and there is reward with Allah for this. You satirised Muhammad, virtuous, righteous. The Apostle of Allah, whose nature is truthfulness. So verily my father and his father and my honour are a protection to the honour of Muhammad. May I lose my dear daughter, if you don't see her, wiping away the dust from the two sides of Kada', they pull at the rein, going upward. On their shoulders are spears thirsting (for the blood of the enemy); our steeds are sweating-our women wipe them with their mantles. If you had not interfered with us, we would have performed the 'Umra, and (then) there was the Victory, and the darkness cleared away. Otherwise wait for the fighting on the day in which Allah will honour whom He pleases.

And Allah said:

I have sent a servant who says the Truth in which there is no ambiguity.

And Allah said:

I have prepared an army-they are the Ansar whose object is fighting (the enemy). There reaches every day from Ma'add abuse, or fighting or satire. Whoever satirises the Apostle from amongst you, or praises him and helps it is all the same. And Gabriel, the Apostle of Allah is among us, and the Holy Spirit who has no match.

I definitely believe the Holy Spirit has no match. For no one has power over Yahweh. And just as Hashem has given Authority to his Angels and Prophets. Through the creative power of the Holy Spirit of God (Allah) the greatest Authority was bestowed on Jesus Christ. Gabriel Pbuh does not have that power. He is a messenger. The Holy Spirit of God (Allah) is the bringer of Life.

Genesis 1

1:2 Now the earth was without shape and empty, and darkness was over the surface of the watery deep, but the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the water.

John 6

6:59 Jesus said these things while he was teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

6:60 Then many of his disciples, when they heard these things, said, “This is a difficult saying! Who can understand it?”

6:61 When Jesus was aware that his disciples were complaining about this, he said to them, “Does this cause you to be offended?

6:62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascending where he was before?

6:63 The Spirit is the one who gives life; human nature is of no help! The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

6:64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” (For Jesus had already known from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who would betray him.)

6:65 So Jesus added, “Because of this I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has allowed him to come.

John 7

7:37 On the last day of the feast, the greatest day, Jesus stood up and shouted out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me, and

7:38 let the one who believes in me drink. Just as the scripture says, ‘From within him will flow rivers of living water.’

7:39 (Now he said this about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were going to receive, for the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.)

In my faith there is one unforgivable sin, "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit." God has given me no authority to be a judge, so you calling Gabriel His Holy Spirit, may or may not considered blasphemy. I also know that I asked you for an answer to that question.

I pretty much knew if you responded that you would state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. I believe you answered with good intentions. I ask your forgiveness Ennin for putting you in this position. I am truly sorry. But, I also want you to realize from my view associating some lesser being (Gabriel) with Allah (God) is wrong. Only the Holy Spirit of God (Allah) can create.

Just like the human body as voluntary and involuntary system function. I see God (Allah) has created His own voluntary and involuntary system to do His will.

I can either help or harm my system. Through science and revelation I can possibly predict what will happen to me and others. The difference is God (Allah) has complete control over his system (His creation) and knows the outcome. Through power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus name I can ask for God's Mercy. That is power of the Covenant with Jesus.

I believe that God has made a Covenant with the Jewish Faith. It is very long and well organized. I am committed to understanding whether or not God (Allah) has made a Covenant with the Islamic Faith. You may not believe in Jesus the way I do. But, I am hoping that when you read this text Ennin that you will see that maybe, just maybe, we are in the same view that the Holy Spirit is God (Allah). I will do my best to convince you that you cannot associate Gabriel with the power of the Holy Spirit of God (Allah).

Surat Fāţir (Originator)

35:1 [All] praise is [due] to Allah , Creator of the heavens and the earth, [who] made the angels messengers having wings, two or three or four. He increases in creation what He wills. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent.

Genesis 14

14:18 Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (Now he was the priest of the Most High God.)

14:19 He blessed Abram, saying,

Blessed be Abram by the Most High God,

Creator of heaven and earth.

14:20 Worthy of praise is the Most High God,

who delivered your enemies into your hand.”

Abram gave Melchizedek a tenth of everything.

35:11 And Allah created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop; then He made you mates. And no female conceives nor does she give birth except with His knowledge. And no aged person is granted [additional] life nor is his lifespan lessened but that it is in a register. Indeed, that for Allah is easy.

Genesis 3

3:17 But to Adam he said,

“Because you obeyed your wife

and ate from the tree about which I commanded you,

‘You must not eat from it,’

cursed is the ground thanks to you;

in painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.

3:18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,

but you will eat the grain of the field.

3:19 By the sweat of your brow you will eat food

until you return to the ground,

for out of it you were taken;

for you are dust, and to dust you will return.

Acts 17

17:22 So Paul stood before the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I see that you are very religious in all respects.

17:23 For as I went around and observed closely your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: ‘To an unknown god.’ Therefore what you worship without knowing it, this I proclaim to you.

17:24 The God who made the world and everything in it, who is Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by human hands,

17:25 nor is he served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives life and breath and everything to everyone.

17:26 From one man he made every nation of the human race to inhabit the entire earth, determining their set times and the fixed limits of the places where they would live,

17:27 so that they would search for God and perhaps grope around for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.

17:28 For in Him we live and move about and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we too are his offspring.’

17:29 So since we are God’s offspring, we should not think the deity is like gold or silver or stone, an image made by human skill and imagination.

17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, He now commands all people everywhere to repent,

17:31 because He has set a day on which He is going to judge the world in righteousness, by a Man whom He designated, having provided proof to everyone by raising Him from the dead.

duality.jpg

As-salam alaykum

Peace be upon you.

• 7 years later...

لماذا اعتنق ثلاثة مسيحيين كوريين الإسلام؟

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOR5UyBwq8Y

مسلم يفاجئ مسيحيين من كتابهم المقدس ج 1 | شمسي

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nuGzHWbjj8

مسلم يفاجئ مسيحيين من كتابهم المقدس ج 2 | شمسي

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8GLxFc0utA

مسلم يفاجئ مسيحيين من كتابهم المقدس ج 3 | شمسي

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_69ksJATivw