Washington DC Message Boards

Saddened Voter

Luke_Wilbur

This was sent by a reader of DCMessageBoards.com

I actually cried when the outcome became clear. I am one of many folks seriously considering a move to Canada or Mexico.  Sure wish Canada was warmer.  **thank** Kyoto, bring on the CFC's!

Let's see, with two wars going on (the larger one absoutely unnecessary and ongoing), horrific job losses in the deciding midwestern states, outrage over the stolen selection in 2000 of the only president to enter office with a criminal record who went AWOL during wartime, a four year record of ignoring the needs of most Americans in favor of hoping his wealthy benefactors, no-bid Halliburton contracts, protections for conspiring oil and drug companies that screw the Americans daily, etc. etc.

But Americans picked the reformed boozer and coke fiend who talks about Jesus but never goes to church over the former alter boy who attends services weekly, volunteered and served in times of war and peace, and showed contientious thoughtfulness throughout his entire life because of their 'morals'

Morals - that means they are against stem cell research to heal the desperately ill because they are against abortion and it is more important for them to save an eight cell zygote than to try to cure Alheimers or paralysis (even when the fertilized eggs come from fertility clinics and are never going to implanted no matter what, they'll be discarded)!  And they are against gay marriage because if they had their way, there would be no gays (or abortions, even though there always have been gays and abortions and there always will be, regardless of whatever the law says. 

The only difference is that when not legalized abortion is much more dangerous as is the life of a gay person)

Obviously, democracy is overrated.  I think they just voted for Bush because his name is easier to spell.

On the other hand, you should read what Michael Moore says on the subject.

You might ad that this morals b.s. was simply something that Rove & Company sold to the gullible voters to distract them from four years of failed policies.

They were asleep at the wheel taking long vacations while a memo about Bin Laden planning to attack America by hijacking planes sat on the oval office desk prior to 9/11.

Their entire economic policy is to give tax cuts to the wealthy and wait for it to trickle down (gee, what else tends to trickle down, such as down one's leg?). Ever heard of David Stockman? He's the guy who promoted this same failed economic policy to Reagan and then later wrote a book stating that it was all b.s.

I should quit now because I could go on and on.

I predict that this war in Iraq, this unnecessary and unprovoked war, WILL NOT END IN OUR LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judge Bork (not one of my favorite people) wrote a book called SLOUCHING TOWARDS GOMORRAH. A book on the GWB years ought to be called BUMBLING TOWARDS ARMAGEDDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George W. Bush Resume

Past work experience:

Ran for congress and lost.

Produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.

Bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas, company went bankrupt shortly

after I sold all my stock.

Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using tax-

payer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox.

With fathers help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.

Accomplishments: Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the

most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog

ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of

billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American

history.

Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my

fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments as president:

Attacked and took over two countries.

Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.

Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.

Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US

history.

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security

failure in US history.

Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.

In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.

Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US

history.

Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.

Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US

history.

Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the

advent of television.

Signed more laws and executive orders circumventing the Constitution than any president

in US history.

Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when

corruption was revealed.

Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national

reserves as past presidents have.

Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to

protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the

history of mankind. (http://www.hyperreal.org/~dana/marches/)

Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

My presidency is the most secretive and un-accountable of any in US history.

Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the 'poorest'

multi-millionaire, Condoleezza Rice has an Chevron oil tanker named after her).

Had more states to simultaneously go bankrupt than any president in the history of the

United States.

Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the

history of the world.

Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United

States.

Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any

president in US history.

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human

rights commission.

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections

monitoring board.

Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight

than any presidential administration in US history.

Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

Withdrew from the World Court of Law.

Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide

by the Geneva Conventions.

First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002

US elections).

All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate

bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

First president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the

United Nations and the world community.

First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the

enemy had the code to Air Force 1)

First US president to establish a secret shadow government.

Took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the

US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US

and world history).

With a policy of 'dis-engagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at

least 30 years.

Fist US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my

presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US

than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not

selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.

Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'.

Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the

United States Capitol building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.

In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public

investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US

history.

In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most

divided the US has ever been since the civil war.

Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned

every single economic category heading straight down.

Records and References:

At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving/criminal record has been

erased and is not available).

AWOL from National Guard and Deserted the military during a time of war.

Refused to take drug test or to even answer any questions about drug use.

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers

library, sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are

sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in

secrecy and un-available for public view.

Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy

are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public review.

For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker (They can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.