DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
akomasunsum

1st Thursday Poetry Open Mic Fest

akomasunsum    0

Dear Family and Friends:

Please join us on Thursday, November 6, 2003 at Starbucks in Chinatown, 800 7th St. NW 2nd Level in DC at 6:15PM Sharp where we host our 1st Thursday Poetry Open Mic Fest with the theme of Family and Friends. This event is hosted by Ashawarrior of Akoma Sunsum (The “Heart” The Soul”) and Author of Dancers in the Wind, Voices of Tomorrow and And God Loves Me.

Ashawarrior has been hosting this venue for a year and has had a variety of poets featured from Washington, DC, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, and Florida.

If you are interested in getting on the mailing for the 1st Thursday Poetry Open Mic Fest please send an email to akomasunsum@yahoo.com.

This event will be photographed by Akoma Sunsum (The “Heart” The Soul”) and if you would like more information about Akoma Sunsum please visit us at http://www.geocities.com/akomasunsum/akomasunsum.html.

Those that are interested in reading during the poetry open mic and become the evening three best poets will receive prizes from the organizers of this event who are CUDC and Desho Productions.

It is my mission as the host of this venue and event to simply recruit poets and participants for this event. It is also my mission to assist other renowned poets in becoming established within the community.

As the host of this venue, I urge you to become a supporter of this event held at Starbucks in Chinatown every 1st Thursday of the Month with the expectation of January 3, 2003.

For further information on the host please view http://www.authorsden.com/ashawarrior.

Thank you and look forward to connecting with you soon.

Peace and Blessings

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this