Washington DC Message Boards

House Sitter Available w/Solid References

Guest Angela

US Army veteran and current law enforcement professional uniquely qualified to provide home care and a sense of security for traveling DC/NoVA homeowners. Over the past 9 years, I have house/pet sit off and on for friends and acquaintances in the local area. I have spent the past 5 months in Arlington, VA condo-sitting for a friend deployed to Afghanistan. While searching for a new place to live, I discovered websites catering to homeowners in need of experienced House Sitters. Given my past house/pet sitting opportunities, law enforcement background, enthusiasm for helping others, and desire to remain a free spirit of sorts, House Sitting seems like a perfectly natural fit.

What then, do I have to offer as a House Sitter? I am local which provides you plenty of opportunity to meet and get to know the person to whom you would in trust your home. Thanks to my professional background, I am very security minded. I can clean house, tend plants, and perform basic yard work (mowing, watering, raking, weed whacking), and am more than happy to learn new tasks you may need. For more specialized work, I can help you schedule, communicate with, and supervise contractors. I absolutely love all types of animals; have cared for a variety in the past, and more than willing to do so again. I have my own medium size, well trained, well behaved mutt, and know exactly how important it is to have a caring, loving, attentive person watching your animals.

I am your typical, active 30 something out kayaking, biking, playing volleyball, hiking, dancing, attending movies and concerts in the park, and socializing. I recently joined a meditation community and volunteer with the Wounded Warrior Project. At home, I am pretty low key listening to music, teaching myself to cook, reading, and hanging out with my best canine buddy watching Netflix. No big parties or activities that would disturb neighbors. Non- smoker and of course, no drugs.

Regarding references, I can provide several including past landlords, roommates, and employers. They will tell you I am responsible, neat, friendly, honest, great at communicating, and above all, trustworthy. I can provide an official criminal history report and proof of current employment. I understand it is important to feel comfortable and sure in choosing the right person to care for your home and animals; if there is another type of reference or information you would like, please feel free to ask.

Ideally, I would like to find a long term House Sit, from a few months to a year, maybe longer. Shorter stays are possible. In exchange, you receive peace of mind that you have a trustworthy, responsible, capable person actively caring for your home and animals. No fees whatsoever for pet, plant, yard or other care. A simple, mutually beneficial free exchange of room and board for consistent, high quality home care is all. I am willing to pay utilities in most situations.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Angela

410-925-2639