Washington DC Message Boards
Guest latsyrc21

Where to Advertise

Guest latsyrc21

I am not getting traction on Google or Facebook. Does anyone recommend any advertising strategies?

From my experience I would recommend Google for those looking to sell product or services. Facebook is a good way to build brand recognition. Then I would look to local web sites like DCpages.com and WashingtonPost.com.

Guest Luke

General Motors Gives Facebook Thumbs Down on Advertising

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/17/gm-facebook-ads-pulled-failed-pitch_n_1526241.html

Facebook may only have itself to blame for why General Motors rained on its IPO parade this week.

GM announced the decision to drop Facebook paid ads on Tuesday in what was the first highly visible crack in Facebook's strategy and illustrated doubts about its perceived advantage over traditional media.

GM's decision followed Facebook officials' failure to convince top marketing executives at the U.S. automaker of the benefits of Facebook's paid ads at a meeting that took place in the past few weeks, people familiar with the meeting said on Thursday.

That was after Facebook officials focused more on touting the social networking website's free pages, the sources said.

"It kind of backfires on them in a funny way," said one of the sources, who asked not to be identified, of the emphasis on the free pages.

Guest SignOTimes

Must read article

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/05/14/why-most-successful-branding-and-sales-talk-happens-offline/

Huge legions of Facebook fans, it turns out, are not so actively engaged with the brands they once “liked.” Fewer than 1% of brand fans on Facebook have any type of active involvement, bringing those huge numbers back down to earth.

Guest Enron Ex

According to Greenlight's "Search and Social Media Survey done January 2012, 44% of internet users worldwide said they never clicked on ads or sponsored listings on Facebook. An additional 31% of Facebook users said they rarely clicked on advertisements.

As a business owner who is just starting out I prefer to use free locations such as Facebook, craigslist, and work at home sites. I don't think work at home business owners should have to pay for advertising. The internet is full of resources to be utilized by others. Another good resource to be used are flyers. Some local papers even allow free advertising.

Here is my ad. I would love to share it with you. Please check it out.

How would you like to set your own hours, have more family time, and work with a legitimate billion dollar company? I can show you how. www.workathomeunited.com/2bfree2011

Good Luck Heather. I see that as no different from Amway or Tupperware. All pyramid ponzi schemes to me. Let us know how you do in several months.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.