Washington DC Message Boards

Prospective Adoptive Parents Day

Guest Ntnl Council for Adoption

Guest Ntnl Council for Adoption

ONE DAY EVENT for anyone interested in adopting a child! All are invited to the National Council for Adoption's 2012 Prospective Adoptive Parents' Day, on JUNE 16 from 9 a.m.- 4:15 p.m. at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD.

Conference sessions will cover the adoption process, options, and resources available to you both before and after adoption. Your individual questions will be answered by adoption experts, and you will hear personal stories from adopted individuals, birthparents, and adoptive parents.

Sessions include:

• Agency Selection and Understanding the Screening Process
  • "Will She Really Love Us? Will We Really Love Her?" Common Worries of Adoptive Parents
  • Introduction to Tools to Finance Your Adoption
  • Adopting Out of Foster Care
  • Domestic Adoption: Degrees of Openness- What is a Good Fit for My Family?
  • Intercountry Adoption: Adoption and Orphans- Grief and Loss
  • Prospective Adoptive Fathers-Only Session: Adoption from a Man's Point of View

Participants will also attend a Q&A lunch with adopted individuals, birthparents, adoptive parents, and adoption experts.

Conference registration is $35/person. The fee includes entrance to all sessions, supplies, and lunch. To register, please visit www.adoptioncouncil.org/events or call 703.299.6633.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Janelle

I have a adopted little girl. She is my sugar plum and would not trade her for the world.

Your post melted my heart! I'm adopted and adore my adoptive parents beyond words.

• 4 years later...