Washington DC Message Boards

Star of David Found on Capitol Hill

Luke_Wilbur

Guest Truthseeker

It is alleged that George Washington requested the stars on the Great Seal to be put in the shape of a hexagram because that's also the shape of the Star of David – supposedly as a way of thanking the Jewish patriot Haym Salomon for his service to the country, particularly his financial help during the Revolution.

Haym Solomon (or Salomon) (April 7, 1740 – January 6, 1785) was a Spanish and Portuguese Jew who immigrated to New York from Poland during the period of the American Revolution, and who became a prime financier of the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War against Great Britain.

Descended from Jewish refugees from Portugal, Solomon was born in Leszno, Poland. He studied Hebrew and had basic education, but he did not know how to write in Yiddish.[2] In the 18th century, he journeyed throughout western Europe, during which time he acquired a knowledge of finance as well as fluency in several languages. He returned to Poland in 1770 but left two years later during the Partitions of Poland. After traveling to England, Solomon immigrated to New York City in 1775, where he established himself as a financial broker for merchants engaged in overseas trade.

Sympathizing with the Patriot cause, Solomon joined the New York branch of the Sons of Liberty. In September 1776, he was arrested as a spy but the British pardoned him, only after serving 18 months of his sentence and claims of torture on a British boat, in order to use his abilities as an interpreter for their Hessian mercenaries. Solomon used his position to help prisoners of the British escape and encouraged the Hessians to desert the war effort. In 1778 Solomon was arrested again and sentenced to death, but he managed to escape, whereupon he made his way with his family to the rebel capital in Philadelphia.

Once resettled, Solomon resumed his activities as a broker. He became the agent to the French consul, as well as the paymaster for the French forces in North America. In 1781, he began working extensively with Robert Morris, the newly appointed Superintendent for Finance for the Thirteen Colonies. Often working out of the "London Coffee House" in Philadelphia, Solomon sold about $600,000 in Bills of Exchange to his clients, netting about 2.5% per sale. During this period he had to turn to Morris for help when one sale of over $50,000 nearly sent him to prison. Morris used his position and influence to sue the defrauder and saved Solomon from default and disaster.

In August of 1781, the Continental Army had trapped Lieutenant General Charles Cornwallis in the little Virginia coastal town of Yorktown. George Washington and the main army and the Count de Rochambeau with his French army decided to march from the Hudson Highlands to Yorktown and deliver the final blow. But Washington's war chest was completely empty, as was that of Congress. Washington determined that he needed at least $20,000 to finance the campaign. When Morris told him there were no funds and no credit available, Washington gave him a simple but eloquent order: "Send for Haym Solomon". Haym again came through, and the $20,000 was raised. Washington conducted the Yorktown campaign, which proved to be the final battle of the Revolution, thanks to Haym Solomon.

Solomon negotiated the sale of a majority of the war aid from France and Holland, selling bills of exchange to American merchants. Solomon also personally supported various members of the Continental Congress during their stay in Philadelphia, including James Madison and James Wilson. Acting as the patriot he was, he requested below market interest rates, and he never asked for repayment.

The Treaty of Paris, signed on September 3, 1783, ended the Revolutionary War but not the financial problems of the newly established nation. It was Haym Solomon who managed, time-after-time, to raise the money to bailout the debt-ridden government.

Solomon was involved in Jewish community affairs, being a member of Congregation Mikveh Israel in Philadelphia, and in 1782, made the largest individual contribution towards the construction of its main building. In 1783, Solomon was among the prominent Jews involved in the successful effort to have the Pennsylvania Council of Censors remove the religious test oath required for office-holding under the State Constitution. In 1784, he answered anti-Semitic slander in the press by stating: "I am a Jew; it is my own nation; I do not despair that we shall obtain every other privilege that we aspire to enjoy along with our fellow-citizens."

Guest widow's son

In the 1600s and 1700s, Jews weren't allowed to be citizens; they were prohibited from certain occupations; they were pushed into ghettos. And yet, Freemasonry from its very beginning welcomed them.

Haym Solomon was affiliated with Maryland Lodge No. 2, Ancient York Rite.

In his 1911 book, Haym Salomon, The Financier of the Revolution, the Reverend Madison C. Peters wrote,

Salomon's matchless enterprise, eminent respectability, remarkable intelligence, irreproachable integrity, his delicate sense of mercantile honor, his unbounded benevolence for all mankind, and, above all, his undying hatred of English tyranny, soon led to his recognition by the leading men of his time, and the uncompromising, implacable foe to British dominion was brought into intimate relationships with the Revolutionary patriots.

Rev. Peters also wrote, "Not only did Salomon advance large sums to the Government for which he received no return, but the services of James Madison, Edmund Randolph, Generals Mifflin, St. Clair and others were retained in the cause through his bounty." In a 1791 letter Madison wrote, "The kindness of our friend in Front Street [bro. Salomon] is a fund that will preserve me from extreme necessities, but I never resort to it without great mortification as he obstinately refuses all recompense. To necessitous delegates he gratuitously spares from his private stock." Henry Wheaton said, "Judge Wilson, so distinguished for his labors in the Convention that framed the Federal Constitution, would have retired from public service had he not been sustained by the timely aid of Haym Salomon, as delicately as it was generously administered."

The secret support of Charles III of Spain for the American cause was said to have been due to Salomon's efforts. Indeed, Bro. Salomon was friends with all foreign powers in sympathy with the American Revolution at one time or another. James Madison, twice President of the United States, considered the most learned and patriotic member of the Revolutionary Congress, said of Salomon, "When any member was in need, all that was necessary was to call upon Salomon."

Was this remarkable man ultimately rewarded for all gave and gave up? Sadly no. Bro. Haym Salomon died January 6, 1785, at the age of 45. He was bankrupt and left his wife and four children penniless. He was recognized posthumously with a US commemorative stamp hailing him as a "Financial Hero," and by a statue of him and Robert Morris, the financiers of the revolution, with George Washington.

His obituary in Philadelphia's Independent Gazetteer is a tribute to the esteem in which he was held by all.

Thursday, last, expired, after a lingering illness, Mr. Haym Solomon, an eminent broker of this city, was a native of Poland, and of the Hebrew nation. He was remarkable for his skill and integrity in his profession, and for his generous and humane deportment. His remains were yesterday deposited in the burial ground of the synagogue of this city.

http://scottishrite....the-revolution/

post-2502-132103119105_thumb.jpg

Guest Bob Sanders

Ironically neither truthseeker or widows son addresses the meaning of the star? There is zero evidence in the Bible or any other jewish literature to suggest this was the "star of david". The star has its roots in the early occult worship of the god of Molech whom Moses son Arron worshiped and then Solomon later built a temple in honor of. The star is also a symbol of the planet of Saturn which prominently shows from an overhead view a hexagon. The early pagans thought saturn was the most powerful planet. Watch the video below and educate yourselves. I challenge anyone of Jewish heritage to point me to a place in the Old Testament that specifically and undeniably states the six pointed star belongs to David.

Lastly, long before this six pointed star was connected with Jewish statehood it's being implemented into the city's design by known freemason Pierre L'enfant. Coicidence? I think not.

The Truth about the Star of David Video

Guest widow's son

Let's get our facts straight.

http://www.mfa.govspam/MFA/MFAArchive/1990_1999/1999/1/Reuven%20Kashani%20-%20The%20National%20Flag

According to the Encyclopaedia Hebraica, "During the period of Exile and the absence of an army or national defence for the nation, there was no place for a flag in Israels public life. In the Late Middle Ages, there are known cases of granting a flag to the Jews, for the communities or individuals under the aegis of the nations. In 1354, the Jews of Prague were allowed by Emperor Karl the Fourth to display a red flag on which was a six-pointed star, that later would be called the Magen David or "Shield of David." In 1592, a certain Mordechai Maizel from the same city was allowed to affix to his synagogue "a flag of King David, similar to that located on the Main Synagogue." In 1648, the Jews of Prague were again allowed a flag, in acknowledgment of their part in defending the city against the Swedes. On a red background was a yellow Shield of David, in the centre of which was a Swedish star. In Hungary, in 1460, the Jews of Ofen (Budapest) received King Mathios Kuruvenus with a red flag on which were two Shields of David and two stars.

The Shield of David comprises two intertwined, reversed triangles, thus forming six corners. Over time, this hexagon has emerged as a primary Jewish symbol. Many reasons for the design have been considered by commentators and scholars. There are those who think that the design reflects the order of tribes as they travelled across the desert, and the manner in which they encamped around the Tent of Meeting after leaving Egypt.

For kabbalists, the Shield of David represents a national religious symbol connected to the End of Days, for from the descendants of David will come the Messiah. The prophet Isaiah offered six definitions of the honour to be accorded to the Messiah, corresponding to the six points of the Shield of David; "And a rod will emerge from the brand of Jesse, and burgeon from his roots; and the spirit of God will rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom (1) and understanding (2), the spirit of counsel (3) and strength (4), the spirit of knowledge (5) and fear of God (6)" (Isaiah 11:1-2).

Moreover, the Shield of David suggests the four directions of the compass: north, south, east and west, the heavens above and the earth beneath. These accord with the number of points on the star, with God in control of them all.

The Shield of David is also used as an amulet containing within it various verses from the Book of Psalms, and names of various angels, blessings for success, health, easy childbirth and so on.

The Shield of David has served in the past as a geometric decoration for many people. It appears for the first time in a Jewish context in the seventh century bce. Among other peoples it does not have a religious or national significance, although it might indicate magical qualities. The Shield of David consistently appears in Jewish art and is to be found on buildings, gravestones, on book bindings and so on. a manuscript Bible dated 1307, belonging to Rabbi Yosef bar Yehuda ben Marvas from Toledo, Spain, is decorated with a Shield of David. In the first Hebrew prayer book, printed in Prague in 1512, a large Shield of David appears on the cover. In the colophon is written: "Each man beneath his flag according to the house of their fathers... and he will merit to bestow a bountiful gift on anyone who grasps the Shield of David."

In the consciousness of the people of Israel, the Shield of David symbolizes hope in the future, and a star that will brighten the heavens. According to the Jewish thinker, Franz Rosenzweig (1886-1929), the six-pointed Shield of David represents the creation, the revelation of God as the final redemption.

In Prague, the main synagogue, the Altneuschul, was built in the 14th century on 11th century foundations. According to a well-known legend, the synagogue was built in the first century ce by exiles from Eretz Israel who had brought with them stones from the destroyed Temple in Jerusalem and buried them under its foundations in the expectation that they would return to the Temple with the advent of the Messiah. An etching from 1829 shows a tall pillar in the centre of the synagogue, the top of which is crowned with a flag on which is a Shield of David and inscriptions: "The Lord Our God, the Lord is One" and "The God of Hosts, whose glory fills the world." In this synagogue, in 1351, prayed the Maharal of Prague, one of the great figures of mediaeval European Jewry (1520-1609), around whom was woven the legends of the Golem of Prague.

David Hareuveni, a Jewish traveller, who inspired a messianic movement in the first half of the 16th century, related that he was a member of one of the Ten Lost Tribes dwelling across the legendary River Sambatyon.* Hareuveni proposed to Pope Clement the Seventh, the signing of a covenant between Christian countries and those of the Ten Tribes to wage war jointly against the Moslem countries, declaring: "And we will go, with Gods help, to Jerusalem and wrest the entire land of Israel from the hands of the Ishmaelites, for the end and the salvation are nigh." According to contemporary sources, David Hareuveni possessed flags of white silk embroidered in letters of gold and silver, on which were written the tetragrammaton and the Ten Commandments. It is related: "And the king asked him regarding the flags: You have praiseworthy flags what do you wish to do with them? And I replied that they are our sign among the tribes, if I march to war I will place them in front of the army. The cardinal, the brother of the king, showed him great respect by also asking after the flags: and I replied that the flags were my sign and a reflection of my way and behold I go with Gods help."

Another flag was preserved for years in the Altneuschul synagogue in Prague. In the second World War, the Nazis confiscated it and placed it in their "Museum of a Defunct Race" in that city. Thus preserved, it reached Jerusalem, where in 1990 it was displayed in the Israel Museum. On the flag are written various verses, among them: "Judge me God and fight my fight with an unrighteous nation and a lying, wicked man and save me"; "The God of Hosts is with us, our fortress, the God of Jacob"; "Pour your wrath upon the nations who do not acknowledge you, and upon the kingdoms which do not call upon your name."

Among other Jewish religious and national symbols are the menora (candelabrum), the mezuzah (small box containing a scroll found on the doorposts of Jewish homes), the shofar (rams horn) and the talit. The latter is the shawl in which a Jew enwraps himself when at prayer, and it, too, served as a sort of national flag of the Jewish people.

When Theodor Herzl, the visionary seer of the Jewish state, was organizing the first Zionist Congress in Basel in 1897, he thought about an official national flag for the representatives of the Jewish people, who were gathering together. In his book Der Judenstadt ("The Jewish State") he wrote thus: "We have no flag, and we need one at a time when one wishes to lead many people; of necessity one needs to wave a sign above their heads." He continued: "For myself I would have a white flag with seven golden stars, the white cloth background symbolizing the new pure life. The stars are the seven golden hours of our work day, for the Jews go to the new land with a symbol of work."

Herzl entrusted the preparatory work on a Jewish flag to his assistant David Wolfsohn. In a letter to Baron Hirsch, he wrote: "If they ask me derisively, what is this flag? I will reply that a flag is not a stick with a piece of rag; a flag is something symbolic and national and with a flag one leads people anywhere one wants, even to the Promised Land."

David Wolfsohn hesitated over the form of the flag, which had to be ready for the opening of the Congress: "At the behest of our leader Herzl, I came to Basel in order to do all the preparations for the opening of the First Congress. Among the many questions I had to deal with was one which, while not weighty was not light either, containing as it did within it, the great Hebrew problem. With which flag will we decorate the hall of the Congress? What will be its colours? Since we had no flag, the issue perplexed me greatly. It was necessary to design a flag, but which colours were to be chosen? And then came a brainwave. For we already had a flag, white and blue, the talit, with which we enwrap ourselves during prayers. This would be our symbol; we would remove the talit from its wrapping and show it before Israel and the nations. Consequently, I ordered a blue and white flag with a Shield of David on it, and thus was born our national flag."

At the eighth Zionist Congress in Prague in 1933, an official decision was reached regarding the flag: "The blue and white flag is the flag of the Zionist Organisation and the Jewish People, in accordance with a long standing tradition."

Ideas concerning the form and colour of the flag had already been written about prior to Herzl and Wolfsohn. In 1864, a Jewish poet, L. August Frankel, one of the founders of the Lemel School in Jerusalem, wrote a poem about the colours of the land of Judah and the design of its flag:

"... Lines of a white cloak

Broad blue stripes will adorn it,

Like the cloak of the High Priest

Crowned with ribbons of blue thread.

They are the colours of the Land of Lovers

Blue-white are the borders of Judah

White is the shining colour of the priesthood

And bright blue is its background."

After the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, Israels first Prime Minister, David ben Gurion wrote about the national flag: "The state flag is a symbol of historical unity and continuity, and makes the renewed identity unique. The flag is above changing governments and forces within the country that are in unrelenting conflict with each other. The flag personifies the unifying, consolidating, generalizing, mutualizing and historical foundation that is in the state and the people. The Zionist flag symbolizes the yearning for a Hebraic people who lacked a state for liberty, independence, sovereignty and equality in a homeland... from now on a state flag will reflect, not only yearning and vision, but a living, vital, historical presence and development. A national flag will symbolize the unity of Israel, its uniqueness and its independent future, its partnership with all the generations from the origins of the people until the end of time."

Guest Bob Sanders

widows son...........Please show me a verse in the Bible's Old Testament that specifically talks about David's star?

I will save you the time, you cannot find any verse that shows this.

The Bible is the oldest document and most reliable...............for example, if you found a verse that said, "And david made a symbol, a six pointed star, and placed it on his shield"

There is NO such verse in the Bible.

What is happening here is the "truth is being exposed"

Ephesians 5:13 "But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them"

I am first just trying to understand why the star is there. Is it gratitude for the financial help America received to gain her freedom? Or is it some type of masonic Kaballah talisman?

Here is an excerpt of the life of Haym Solomon

History of Philadelphia, 1609-1884, Volume 2

By John Thomas Scharf, Thompson Westcott

He negotiated all the war securities from France and Holland on his own personal security, without the loss of a cent to the country, he receiving only a commission of one-quarter of one per cent. He was banker for the French government on the accession of M. de la Luzerne, and through his hands passed one hundred and fifty millions of livres. At the time of his death, early in 1784, it is claimed that the United States were indebted to Solomon at least three hundred thousand dollars for advances to ministers and agents of foreign governments for the use of the United States. The committee of the United States Senate asserted that this debt was a just one, and reported a bill, in 1850, for payment of the amount, with interest, to the heirs of Haym Solomon; but it was neglected, and has never been paid.

Among those thus aided with loans were Jefferson, Madison, Arthur Lee, Baron Steuben, Robert Morris, and others, also a number of foreign ministers. Israel Israel, who died in 1821, aged seventy-eight, was one of the most interesting characters of the Revolutionary period. His brother Joseph served in the Continental army. Both belonged to the congregation Mikve Israel. Israel Israel lived in Carter's Alley, below Third, and lost his property by fire while there. At one time he was high sheriff of Philadelphia. His wife was Hannah Erwin, one of the famous women of the Revolution, and his daughter became Mrs. Ellet, the author. Lossing's "Pictorial Field-Book" says that " the patriotism of the Israels and the heroism of Hannah Erwin Israel will never be forgotten." Betrayed by Tories into British hands, Mr. Israel, who had at one time been a Grand Master, was saved from death by the use of Masonic signs.

http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

Guest Bob Sanders

I am first just trying to understand why the star is there. Is it gratitude for the financial help America received to gain her freedom? Or is it some type of masonic Kaballah talisman?

Here is an excerpt of the life of Haym Solomon

History of Philadelphia, 1609-1884, Volume 2

By John Thomas Scharf, Thompson Westcott

http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

Is there an excerpt in the book that actually states that this guy instructed them to put this star into the city streets?

Guest widow's son

Here is an article from 2006...

Chalk up a victory for the Star of David — or, as it is called in Hebrew, the magen David or "Shield of David." Long boycotted by the International Committee of the Red Cross, which refused to grant Israel's "Red Shield of David" organization membership in its ranks because it did not recognize the medical and humanitarian use of this Jewish symbol alongside the Christian cross and the Muslim crescent, the magen David was finally voted in at a Red Cross meeting in Geneva last week. It's true that it will have to appear, on Israeli ambulances and elsewhere, on a smaller scale than the cross and crescent and within a diamond-shaped "crystal," but compromise is the stuff of politics, and the Geneva decision was nothing if not political.

The earliest recorded Jewish name for "Shield of David" is h.otam Shelomo or "seal of Solomon," a term that entered Hebrew and many European languages as a translation of the Arabic khatam Suleyman. Solomon, who was reputed to have had seven different supernatural "seals" with which he worked miracles, was a much-revered figure in Arab and Muslim lore, known especially — as he was in Jewish tradition also — for his magical powers; hexagonal and pentagonal talismans attributed to him were widely used in medieval Islam, both in works of alchemy and mysticism and on amulets, rings and other paraphernalia, and from there they spread to Jews and Christians. Moreover, the Arabs called another of Solomon's seals najmat Da'ud or "the Star of David," and eventually, taken over by Christian Europe, these two terms became differentiated, with "seal of Solomon" referring to a five-pointed pentagon and "star of David" to a six-pointed hexagon.

This re-attribution of the double-triangled hexagon to David rather than to Solomon caught on among Jews, too, yet in the form of a shield rather than of a star. Such an allusion to it first occurs in a book written by kabbalist David ben Judah the Pious, who lived in Spain in the 14th century. And it was in this same century that the magen David was also first used as the emblem of an entire Jewish community when, in 1354, the Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV granted the Jews of Prague the right to fly it on their flag as their coat of arms. This right was reaffirmed by Ferdinand I in 1527, and from Prague the use of the magen David as a Jewish symbol gradually spread elsewhere — first to other Jewish communities in Moravia and Germany, then all over Europe and, finally, to the flag of a Jewish state, for which it was chosen by the First Zionist Congress in Basel in 1897.

Why did medieval Jews change David's star to a shield? The obvious answer is that whereas stars have no great resonance in Jewish religious tradition, shields do. In numerous passages in the Bible, God is referred to as the shield of those who trust in Him, including more than a dozen times in the book of Psalms, of which the supposed author was David himself. And in the Songs of Songs we have the verse, referring to the mail-like plates in the necklace of the poem's beloved, "Thy neck is like the tower of David built for an armory, whereon there hang a thousand bucklers [magen], all shields of [shiltei, the plural possessive of shelet] mighty men."

It is undoubtedly a pure coincidence that shelet, which is a biblical synonym for magen, sounds very much like the English "shield" and the German and Yiddish Schild, which means both "shield" and "coat of arms" or "sign." (It was under the influence of Schild, in fact, that shelet came to mean a store or street sign in contemporary Hebrew.) But can it be that the double-triangled hexagon, which was adopted by Yiddish-speaking Prague Jews as the emblem of their flag, was first called by these Jews of Prague a Schild, in the sense of a coat of arms, and then translated into Hebrew as magen and re-interpreted as the warrior's shield that protected David? I wouldn't rule out this possibility.

http://www.forward.com/articles/880/

Guest Bob Sanders

I feel like a broken record widows son? Please direct me the verse in the Bible that talks about the six pointed star??? What you just described was a symbol that someone came up with! If you are referencing Solomon as you did, please go read the Old Testament where it talks about how Solomon built a temple to Molech.

Is it possible that a lot people have been fooled by this symbol including jewish people??

Star of David Video Watch this!

• 6 months later...
Guest banthamobile

I feel like a broken record widows son? Please direct me the verse in the Bible that talks about the six pointed star??? What you just described was a symbol that someone came up with! If you are referencing Solomon as you did, please go read the Old Testament where it talks about how Solomon built a temple to Molech.

Is it possible that a lot people have been fooled by this symbol including jewish people??

You are correct, sir -- the six-pointed star commonly called "Star of David" is actually the Seal of Solomon. It is a pagan symbol representing the sacred feminine and masculine joined as one. The upward triangle is male phallus and downward triangle is female uterus, and I'm sure you're well aware of this, but for the others...

The interesting thing about the DC street hexagram is that the downward triangle (female) terminates at the Capitol or "Congress" as in sexual congress, a symbol of the generative, feminine aspect where the laws of the land are born, and the Capitol is also situated directly inside the "belly" of the Owl shape. This is a typical dark mason perversion or twisting of symbology, in this case substituting the natural female uterus with the belly of the beast, or the Moloch owl figure giving birth to an abomination in one sense.

To answer the main thread question, the reason for the hexagram layout is simple: geomancy. Occult practicioners use geomancy, or lines on the earth as power centers for their grand designs. The fact that the downward triangle (feminine) terminates or ends at the Capitol inside the belly of the Owl/Moloch is a PERMANENT recreation of the Cremation of Care ceremony, where the divine feminine is sacrificed inside Moloch (the Owl shape). There are both Light masons and Dark masons, depending on their use of the sacred symbols, and the DC layout with inverted pentagrams terminating in the White House (an inverted pentagram is satanic symbol showing the divine spirit being crushed below the pentagram, in this case it is the White House, the seat of power, being crushed in darkness and ignorance), and the Capitol/Congress/feminine sacrifice inside the Moloch owl figure, all point to Dark masonry using satanic geomancy. The end goal is the subversion of the people's power (represented by Congress sacrificed inside Moloch) and the consolidation of power within the satanic, male-dominated power structure. The missing arm that would complete the inverted pentagram at the White House is essentially a Pentagram Pact which has not yet been fulfilled. We should all hope that it never is.

To anyone reading this, even if YOU don't take any of this geomancy stuff seriously, you can damn well bet that the dark masons who took great pains to lay out the DC streets according to their dark designs definitely do, and that's what's important.

Here's a video explaining this in greater depth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khrc1vgAva0&feature=related

Live In Light,

One Who Cares

Guest wiki

Once practiced by people from all social classes, it was one of the most popular forms of divination throughout Africa and Europe in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. Books and treatises on geomancy were published up until the 17th century when most occult traditions fell out of popularity. Geomancy has recently seen a new interest through the works of John Michael Greer and other practitioners, with more mainstream occult circles practicing and teaching geomancy.

Like other systems of divination, geomancy has a mythological origin. According to one Arabic Hermetic text, Idris (or Hermes Trismegistus) witnessed the angel Jibril in a dream. Idris asked for enlightenment, and Jibril proceeded to draw a geomantic figure; upon being asked what he was doing, Jibril instructed Idris in the geomantic arts. Keeping this secret, he sought out Ṭumṭum al-Hindi, an Indian king, who then wrote a book on geomancy. This book was passed down through clandestine circles into the hands of Khalaf al-Barbarĩ, who traveled to Medina and converted to Islam by the prophet Muhammad himself. Confessing to knowing a divinatory art, he explained that pre-Islamic prophets knew geomancy, and that by learning geomancy, one may "know all that the prophet knew."

Another mythological story for the origin of geomancy also involves Idris. After praying to God that He give Idris easily a means to earn his living, Idris rested one day, bored and without work, and began to draw figures idly in the sand. As he did so, a stranger appeared before him and questioned what he was doing. Idris replied that he was simply entertaining himself, but the stranger replied that he was doing a very serious act. Idris became incredulous and tried to deny this, but the stranger explained the significance of the meaning of the figure Idris drew. He then commanded Idris to draw another figure, and upon doing so the stranger explained the meaning and significance of that figure. The pair continued this until Idris had discovered and understood the sixteen figures. The stranger then taught Idris how to form the figures in a regular manner and what the results meant, teaching him how to know things that could not be known with just the physical senses. After testing Idris' newfound knowledge and skill of geomancy, and revealing himself to be the angel Jibril in the process, the stranger disappeared. Idris, thankful to God and His messenger that he learned this art, never revealed the art to anyone. Before he was risen to God, he wrote a book describing the art as Jibril had taught him, and from his successors.

Other tablets and records from antiquity identify Idris with the prophets Daniel or Enoch. This was done in order to give geomancy a legitimate standing as a gift and skill from God, especially since one of the prophets had practiced it.

Throughout the evolution and migration of geomancy, various tales and plays incorporated aspects of the art into their stories. In one story in One Thousand and One Nights, both the African Magician and his brother use geomancy to find Aladdin in order to do him harm. Geomancy's first mention in print was William Langland's Piers Plowman where it is unfavorably compared to the level of expertise a person needs for astronomy ("gemensye [geomesye] is gynful of speche"). In 1386 Chaucer used the Parson's Tale to poke fun at geomancy in Canterbury Tales: "What say we of them that believe in divynailes as …geomancie…" Shakespeare and Ben Jonson were also known to use geomancy for comic relief. Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy makes a passing reference to geomancy. In the first two stanzas of Canto XIX in the Purgatorio,

It was the hour when the diurnal heat

no more can warm the coldness of the moon,

wanquished by earth, or peradventure Saturn,

When geomancers their Fortuna Major see in the orient before the dawn

rise by a path that long remains not dim...

—Dante Aligheri, referencing the Greater Fortune (Fortuna Major) and the Way ("the path")

During the Revolutionary War, James Monroe was one of the many patriots who accepted “loans” from Haym Salomon. This money enabled Monroe and the others to live in Philadelphia and carry on the war against the English.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ton Nuiten

Yes, the Star of David ís in the Bible. Do we know the story of the apostel Stephen? Well, when he was brought for court (actually the Sanhedrin) due to his faith in Jesus Christ, Stephen gave a brief outline of among others the sojourn of the people of Israel through the dessert. He tells us that during the stay of Moses on the mount of Sinai, the people,

"Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us; for as for this Moses, wich brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him. And they made a calf on those days and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands. Then God turned and gave them over to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets: O, ye, house of Israel, have ye offered to Me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness? yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch and the star of your god remphan, figures wich ye made to worship them: and I will carry ye away beyond Babylon. (Acts 7:40-43)

Stephen is quoting from the prophet Amos. The LORD said through Amos to the people of Israel the following:

"Have ye offered unto Me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel? But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chi-un your images, the star of your god, wich ye made to yourselves. Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the LORD, whose Name is The God of hosts." (Amos 5:25-27)

This "star of your god" is of course the Star of David, and it was the sign of Moloch, the "star wich ye made to yourselves."

Dr. Cathy Burns tells us that the Star of David a.k.a the hexagram, seal of Solomon,etc. "..is used as a stand-by for MAGICIANS AND ALCHEMISTS. The SORCERERS believed it represented a special kind of DEMON called a trud and used it in ceremonies both to CALL UP DEMONS and to keep them away. Former Satanist, Bill Schnoebelen, reminds us: "To the sorcerer, the hexagram is a powerful tool to invoke Satan..."A HEXAGRAM MUST BE PRESENT TO CALL A DEMON FORTH. In fact, the word "HEX" comes from this emblem." (Dr. Cathy Burns in "Masonic and Occult Symbols Illustrated" (fifth printing 2002, Share, page 38)

The god Remphan is also known by other names, just as, Ishstar, Asthoreth etc. In the Babylonian language, the word "star" means STUR. Each of these letters have a numerical value; the letter S stands for the number 60; the letter T has the numerical value of 400; the U has the value of 6 and the letter R stands for 200. Togehter is this: 666.

Now we turn back to Cathy Burns; she informs us with the following records:

"Intererstingly, this hexagram..."certainly has three sixes. It contains a six, within a six, within a six: 666(Count the sides of each triangle facing the clockwise direction, the sides facing the counterclockwise direction, and the third six - the sides of the inner hexagon.") (idem)

As we know, the so-called "mark of the beast" in the last book of the Bible, the book of Revelation, is the number of a man; he will be the future, last world ruler, who will give this sign to all peoples of the world. Read Revelation 13:11-18.

Hi Ton,

I am interested in the etymology of the term "Chiun."

Amos 5:25-27

25 Have ye offered to me victims and sacrifices, O house of Israel, forty years in the wilderness? 26 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Raephan, the images of them which ye made for yourselves. 27 And I will carry you away beyond Damascus, saith the Lord, the Almighty God is his name.

http://www.ecmarsh.com/lxx/Amos/index.htm

Chiun

occurs only in Amos 5:26 (Revised Version marginal note, “shrine”)

The LXX. translated the word by Rhephan, which became corrupted into Remphan, as used by Stephen (Acts 7:43; but Revised Version, “Rephan”). Probably the planet Saturn is intended by the name. Astrologers represented this planet as baleful in its influences, and hence the Phoenicians offered to it human sacrifices, especially children.

http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/chiun.html

A word occurring in connection with "Siccuth" in Amos v. 26. Scholars have long been puzzled to know whether in this passage they are common nouns or proper names. "Siccuth" is probably the Assyrian "Sakkut" (Schrader, "K. A. T." pp. 442 et seq.), an epithet of Ninib and Anu. Ninib was identified with Saturn (Jensen, "Kosmologie," p. 136), the Assyrian name of which was "Kaiman" ("Kaiwan"). The Septuagint and Syriac readings give ground for holding that originally stood in the Hebrew text in place of (compare Barton, "Studies of Oriental Club of Philadelphia," p. 113; and Nowack, "Kleine Propheten," p. 143), the pointing of the latter being a Masoretic distortion on the pattern of ("abomination"). "Sakkut" and "Kaiwan" occur together in Rawlinson, "Inscriptions of Western Asia," iv. pl. 52, col. 4, line 9, in a list of epithets (compare Zimmern, "Beitr. zur Kenntniss der Babylonischen Religion," i. 10). Probably they were introduced together here through Babylonian influence in a verse regarded by Wellhausen ("Kleine Propheten," ad loc.) and Nowack, on the basis of II Kings xvii. 30, as a gloss. Budde ("Religion of Israel to the Exile," pp. 67 et seq.) regards the verse as genuine, and the Babylonian influence as potent in the wilderness. Reuss and W. R. Smith ("Old Testament and the Jewish Church," 2d ed., p. 294) translate the two words as common nouns and find no trace of foreign worship in the verse, which they regard as genuine. This view is not so probable as the other.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/4345-chiun

• 3 months later...
Guest Widow's Son

During the Revolutionary War, James Monroe was one of the many patriots who accepted “loans” from Haym Salomon. This money enabled Monroe and the others to live in Philadelphia and carry on the war against the English.

The Revolutionary War might have failed and the United States not exist if it were not for risks taken and the financial capital given by Sephardic Jews in support of the rebel cause.

If you take a one dollar bill out of your pocket and look at the back at the Eagle, the stars above the Eagle's head are in the six point Star of David to honor Jews. If you turn the Eagle upside down you will see a configuration in the likeness of a Menorah....both at the insistence of George Washington who said we should never forget the Jewish people and what they have done in the interest of America.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Sephardi_Jews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marranos

http://www.ahava.org/SephardicPiratesoftheRevolutionaryWar.pdf

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.