Washington DC Message Boards

Fox News Thinks Bush is Still President

Guest Clydene

Guest Clydene

OMG, I thoroughly expected what I saw on Fox New and I almost upchucked when I saw the framed picture of X-President Bush being passed around only a few minutes after President Obama had announced that OBL had been killed. Fox News still thinks Bush is President. It took Bush 10 years to lose OBL and only 16 months for Obama to find him. You do the math and you figure out whose administration is the most effective. It was Bush who dropped the ball and fumbled it for 10 years. Obama caught the ball and made the touchdown. The few minutes I watched Fox News, one of the broadcasters used the word "he" and not his name or President Obama every time he referred to our President. Sick, sick, sick news reporting - not even good journalism and way too obviously bigoted reporters. Our President is Obama! It is May 1, 2011 and President Obama deserves the credit for getting OBL. This is the real world and not Fox fantasy. How dare you slander my President.

As far as terriorists being imprisoned and water boarded - President Obama stopped that and still got enough information to rid the world of OBL. Bulletin to Fox News - The Geneva convention is a reality, not fiction. Playing by the rules gets more results than sneaky, cruel, underhanded tactics. We are Americans and stand by these laws and truths. Too bad Bush didn't. He might have found OBL on his watch.

Who is our President, Fox News? Who planned and succeeded in capturing and killing OBL? What year is it? What planet is Fox News on?

It's Fox News. What did you expect.

Their goal from now until the election is to take this sentence: "Obama killed Osama Bin Laden" and substitute "Bush" in for "Obama" somehow. They'll just repeat it enough times until the idiots that watch Fox News are thoroughly programmed.

The truth of the matter is that this was a HUGE risk for Obama and the rest of the world. He took it, and it paid off. It shows the man has the set of big brass ones it takes to be commander in chief of the best military in the world.

Could you imagine if the mission failed? Obama would be forever compared to Carter. He'd have no chance at re-election. He'd be known only as the President who let Bin Laden escape. And terrorists around the world would be emboldened. He had a lot to lose and he lived up to his campaign promise to take unilateral action if presented with an opportunity to take out Bin Laden. (Which was something Hillary Clinton tried to criticize during the campaign by the way)

So, congrats to Obama. Congrats to all the hard working spies and special forces soldiers who got the job done.

It's Fox News. What did you expect.

Their goal from now until the election is to take this sentence: "Obama killed Osama Bin Laden" and substitute "Bush" in for "Obama" somehow. They'll just repeat it enough times until the idiots that watch Fox News are thoroughly programmed.

The truth of the matter is that this was a HUGE risk for Obama and the rest of the world. He took it, and it paid off. It shows the man has the set of big brass ones it takes to be commander in chief of the best military in the world.

Could you imagine if the mission failed? Obama would be forever compared to Carter. He'd have no chance at re-election. He'd be known only as the President who let Bin Laden escape. And terrorists around the world would be emboldened. He had a lot to lose and he lived up to his campaign promise to take unilateral action if presented with an opportunity to take out Bin Laden. (Which was something Hillary Clinton tried to criticize during the campaign by the way)

So, congrats to Obama. Congrats to all the hard working spies and special forces soldiers who got the job done.

The paragraph above, the one that starts with "Could you imagine if the mission failed" is a *great* point and one I had not thought of.

It was insightful; Kudos, Athen's Musician.