Washington DC Message Boards

9.25: Krunk Presents ... Lover's Rock!!

Guest tittsw0rth

Guest tittsw0rth

KRUNK is every Saturday @ South Beach

7904 Woodmont Ave / Bethesda, MD (10 mins from DC)

Untitled-45.jpg

"There's only one spot in Montgomery County that consistently serves up top hip-hop DJs; massive, inexpensive mixed drinks; live performances; and an open mi©: Krunk..."

-Fritz Hahn and Rhome Anderson (washingtonpost.com)

9. 25 : K R U N K : P R E S E N T S :

LOVERS ROCK!

...where hip-hop, r&b + soul hook up at South Beach!!!

Anyone who caught the Hardheadz last week KNOWS that Krunk fall overdrive has begun! This week, we provide to you the very special head-to-head team-up for two Krunk favorites for a Lover's Rock theme!!! Kiss a soul selecta and we'll buy you a shot!

DAVE NADA

Copy%20of%20Untitled-33.jpg

Anyone who says we don't live up to our name is a damn fool!! Seen in this pic is DJ Dave Nada, whose head is spinning faster than any record known to man. LL D. Nada will be filling out the evening with soul inspired beats and funky blends of dance floor pandemonium. Add his unpredictable reputation to pull from almost every genre out there and you've got the formula for a dangerously Krunked up set! Did you know that Dave Nada is moving to New York very soon? Even though he will be making surprise visits, he will be SORELY missed!! Get your regular Dave dosages in while you still can. Much love homey!!

indeethot.jpg

Dave is to Indeet as key is to lock, and if you have seen these two share a bill before you know exactly what I mean. It is without outstanding pleasure that I present to you one of Krunk's fastest growing favorites, INDEETHOT! The ultimate soul controller and crate digger, however I don't think we've christened him in Krunk style! Drunk in training? You got that right. Better eat a big meal Daniel, we got a rep to maintain.

TITTSWORTH

titts2.0.jpg

Big Titts will be on the ones and twos, warming up the crowd with ultimate hip-hop funk. Having recently dropped near the equivalent of his RENT on wax, note that Titts will most likely be even MORE amped behind the decks these next few passes! From new Wu (YOU BIG DUMMY) and Royce da 5'9" f/ Big L to M.O.P. vs. Beastie Boys and a mature Snoop, Titts got the funk for yo mind and feet! Don't sleep on some huge Titts dates coming soon to you! DNB Sessions on 9/8, Titts @ Metalheadz 10 Year Tour w/ Goldie and Photek! Krunk CUBIK TAKEOVER and much much more!

OPTIMST RHYMZ

Untitled-51.jpg

"Is it a crime to want to shine?" Nope, but missing Optimst's new EP should be! If you don't already have a copy of Op-teezy's new joint, BUG HIM EACH AND EVERY WEEK TIL YOU GET THE RECORDED HOTNESS. Having said that, I'm ecstatic to present the return of Krunk founder and MoCo bro ALEX VERT. After some unforeseen circumstances, he's back, bigger, badder and black, err um, stronger than ever. Flexing the open mic and blessing the decks is his talent.. and we've even taught him to down a tequila shot or two! Good to have you back brah, now get up there work off that deck rust!!

OPEN MIC

IMG_7734.jpg

Show up early (11) to witness or partake in the poisonous paragraphs perfect for Krunk jump off. Keep it tight but civil. Bring a demo if you want a show. I'll say this again because cats don't seem to get it... I will *NOT* grant you a show on the spot. Not even a song. Save your breath and do NOT hassle my DJ's. I get the same sales pitch every week so I'm not trying to be a dick but I don't know you from the next man!! Bring a demo if you want a show, otherwise keep the cypha goin!

KRUNK MAKING MOVES

-Mark your calendar for the KRUNK CLUB 5 TAKEOVER on Wednesday, September 8th. What more perfect than to enjoy one of summer's remaining moments on the comfortable, renovated Club 5 rooftop? Join your Krunk residents in celebration of Yvonne's Birthday, alongside DJ's Fierce, Storm, Bobby Jae and Darkenetiks! Info.

-Check the Tittsworth/Krunk appearance in the Washington Express from last Friday. Read and respond here. Much love to The Post Express for the piece!

-Titts making moves! DJ dates:

-Sept 02: Titts + Arse @ Alias (dnb)

-Sept 08: Krunk Club 5 Takeover (hiphop, b-more club and the kitchen sink)

-Sept 17: Tittsworth @ Buzz/Cubik (drum and bass like whoa)

- Look for the Krunk CUBIK/Buzz takeover!!

-Each and every Saturday at KRUNK (if you don't know you betta axe somebody)

-Stay up to date on events by joining the Krunk/Tittsworth.com newsletter:

E-mail jesse@tittsworth.com

!!! Get KRUNK each and every Saturday !!!

- Free admission

- The hottest live acts, DJ's and MC's

- Drink specials & more for MEMBERS ONLY:

- Open mic from 10:30 pm-12 midnight

- Consistently praised by Washington Post & more!

- Late nite MENU for REAL after hour EATS!

- Covered SMOKING SECTION available!

- 21+ w/ photo ID

- Hours: 10:30 pm to 2:30 am

- Only 10 mins from DC!

- Metro accessible!

- South Beach = 7904 Woodmont Ave/ Bethesda,MD

- Directions from Connecticut Ave / DC

- Directions from I-495, 355 & others

- Free parking in front of Saphire (7940 Woodmont)

For press, pictures, weekly line-ups and more, please visit:

http://www.tittsworth.com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.