Washington DC Message Boards

President Obama 2012 Campaign Kickoff

Guest OBAMA 2012 DC

Guest OBAMA 2012 DC

Today, President Obama filed papers to launch his 2012 campaign.

We're doing this now because the politics we believe in does not start with expensive TV ads or extravaganzas, but with you -- with people organizing block-by-block, talking to neighbors, co-workers, and friends. And that kind of campaign takes time to build.

So even though I'm focused on the job you elected me to do, and the race may not reach full speed for a year or more, the work of laying the foundation for our campaign must start today.

We've always known that lasting change wouldn't come quickly or easily. It never does. But as my administration and folks across the country fight to protect the progress we've made -- and make more -- we also need to begin mobilizing for 2012, long before the time comes for me to begin campaigning in earnest.

In the coming days, supporters will begin forging a new organization that we'll build together in cities and towns across the country. And I'll need you to help shape our plan as we create a campaign that's farther reaching, more focused, and more innovative than anything we've built before.

We'll start by doing something unprecedented: coordinating millions of one-on-one conversations between supporters across every single state, reconnecting old friends, inspiring new ones to join the cause, and readying ourselves for next year's fight.

This will be my final campaign, at least as a candidate. But the cause of making a lasting difference for our families, our communities, and our country has never been about one person. And it will succeed only if we work together.

There will be much more to come as the race unfolds. Today, simply let us know you're in to help us begin, and then spread the word:

Barack

On to victory!!!

Guest Tea Party Patriot

Is Barack Obama really Made in America? Why does he block everything but renewable energy. Very few people can capitalize on this. There is no financial capital from the banks. Small Business has been looked the other way during his reign.

The March addition of 216,000 jobs was good news. But, still Small Companies are are spending their family savings to keep employees paid. Merchants are now being forced to show their gross reportable sales to the IRS. Banks are now working with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to match Tax Identification Numbers (TIN). Buildings are being foreclosed.

The labor market is now 11.1 million jobs below the level needed to restore the pre-recession unemployment rate (5.0% in December 2007). To achieve the pre-recession unemployment rate in three years, the labor market would have to add around 400,000 jobs every month for that entire period.

We need President Obama to tell us we are now at economic war with China. The Republican Party I knew supported tariffs. We need the Speaker of the House to use his voice and stand up for Made in America. Banks should be financing American companies to drill and manufacture goods.

We need President Obama to punish the crooks who stole our money. I do not see any heads rolling.

Guest Tonya

Obama allowed a National Asset to be sold off to a foreign company. Our New York Stock Exchange is being sold to a German bank. Unbelievable! We listen to the stock report every day.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.