Washington DC Message Boards

Americans should be happy while Arabs sideline Al-Qaeda

Guest Adnan Darwash

Guest Adnan Darwash

Americans should be happy while Arabs sideline Al-Qaeda

A tribal man in Yemen is quoted as saying “If President Abdullah Saleh remains in power we need Al-Qaeda to defeat him. But if he leaves, there is no need for Al-Qaeda” As a matter of fact, the senior Al-Qaeda men came from countries ruled by corrupt pro-USraeli autocrats. Usama Bin Laden, Dr Aymen Al-Zawahiri and Abu Musaab Al-Zarqawi came from Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan, respectively. If the US state department has one, non-Jewish advisor correctly connecting the dots, he would recommend an effective anti-terror measure starting with dismantling pro-USraeli Arab autocrats; Kings, Military dictators, Sultans, Sheikhs, and Emirs, and blaming them for the production of terrorists. In the meantime, Arabs should be grateful to US-supported Israeli atrocities as it helped to unify them from Morocco to Oman. What is happening on the ground in Arabia right now is a real revolution against those who undermined and insulted Arabs. Let the stupid Americans continue their humiliation and insult of Arabs whenever they try to enter their country. Arabs will do exactly the same. The current uprisings in the Arab world will establish democracy, and force the Israelis and their American mentors to abide by international laws and human right conventions.

Adnan Darwash, Iraq Occupation Times

Guest Faded Glory

I find it quite interesting how the Iranian government is hypocritical for hailing Egypt protests but fully suppresses its own opposition. Maybe Adnan you should focus some of your energy writing on the revolution against Ali Khamenei.

Guest Martha J.

While I really do believe Arab Americans are treated as equals, the United States should not have voted against a United Nations Security Council draft resolution that would have condemned Israeli settlements as illegal. I think pushing families out of their homes is horrible.

This is but a social correction as so many in countless countries around the world in various times of history have exemplified the same message. We all group human beings into demographics and discriminate these individuals from equality as we measure their worth on a social demographic scale. It will never go away entirely as history repeats this one failure: we all seek to be superior than our fellow man in some self defined status. We can't help this misconception to self isolative superior self value over the value of our own humanity. It is amazing that competitive instinct for survival harms our best intellectual survival invention social inclusion called a society. Yet, history and current events show we fail to operate societies that function well for all individuals. Societies were created for individuals to live in safety from attacks by other groups yet we create groups in our society and attack from within.

I find this fasinating we all discriminate to some degree it is the seed of all terrorism to seek a reason one human being is enemy by creating a definition that identifies a foe by: religion, race, culture, occupation, gender, age, sex orientation,political view, economic status and social status. The act of inclusion can be mismanaged until it becomes exclusion from each other and generate the troubles we have today I must admit if the devil is real he is clever to use our best defenses against ourselves.

Guest Adnan Darwash

I find it quite interesting how the Iranian government is hypocritical for hailing Egypt protests but fully suppresses its own opposition. Maybe Adnan you should focus some of your energy writing on the revolution against Ali Khamenei.

Mixing the files in the hope of confusing issues. The Iranians have peacefully replaced president Dr Khatemi with Dr Ahmedinejad. Both presidents are civilians. In Egypt, Airforce General Mubarak was Vice president during 1976-1981 and President between 1981 and 2011. All governors and the Prime Minister are former military generals. The American campaign to castigate Iran is because of its opposition to US-supported Israeli atrocities against Palestinians. Ahmedinejad will be the US darling if he was acceptable to Israelis.

Adnan Darwash, Iraq Occupation Time

Guest Faded Glory

Adnan,

Take the blindfolds off your eyes and see reality.

Ahmedinejad now has blood on its hands and cannot blame it on others. The Green revolution is fighting against tyranny. It is impossible to lump Arab people in one viewpoint. Here is a link of what I consider positive business leaders working together building a brighter future.

http://americanarab.com/about-us/about-the-chamber.html

Cassie,

You are so right. Every country (including the USA) has extremists like want to blame a whole nation and government for what is going wrong. Only the ignorant cannot see that power and money can corrupt anyone.

Guest Tiffany Davies

While I really do believe Arab Americans are treated as equals, the United States should not have voted against a United Nations Security Council draft resolution that would have condemned Israeli settlements as illegal. I think pushing families out of their homes is horrible.

I have no problem with the Israelis. They are similar to Americans and Europeans. But, for the Jewish people to be treated the way they have been treated in the past and now treat Palestinians in a similar fashion makes little sense.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.