Washington DC Message Boards

Middle East Democracies will be anti-USraeli

Guest Adnan Darwash

Guest Adnan Darwash

Middle East Democracies will always be anti-USraeli

Capitalist Philosophers promote the idea that if the corporations are Ok, people will be OK by default. For this reason the main pillar of US foreign policy of successive governments is the promotion of economic cooperation with foreign lands; which may or may not be of mutual interests. In some cases where oil and other natural resources are concerned the US went to wars, toppled democratically-elected governments and installed military dictators. After the successful and well publicised CIA assassinations*, dirty works and conspiracies in Latin America, the US went to undermine national governments in the Middle East in support of corrupt autocrats, dictators, Sultans, Emirs and Kings as long as they tow their line. In Syria a democratically-elected government was replaced by a military dictator as far back as 1949. (See Miles Copeland, Game of Nations). This was followed by toppling Dr Mossadeq’s elected government and installing the Shah in 1952. In Iraq, Saddam Baath party was supported by the CIA to topple the hugely popular Kassem regime in 1963. Both Dr Mossadeq and General Kassem wanted their respective countries to get a fair share of the oil revenues from Western Cartels.

At this moment, there is a huge gap between the people and the pro-USraeli Arab governments. To add insult to injury, America, the main Arab Governments’ Ally, has been supporting, arming and financing all Israeli atrocities and violations. The US has supported the Israel war on Lebanon in 1982 and didn’t react when 800-3000 Palestinians were massacred by Israeli-armed and financed Phalange unit of 150 men; which Sharon met the night before the attack. One of the worst crimes that Arabs will never forget was the destruction of Iraq and the killing of its people as of 2003. Following the invasion, CIA and MOSSAD agents collaborated to assassinate 350 Iraq scientists and university professors.

The Americans have also supported and rushed all types of bombs and missiles to Israel in its attacks on Lebanon and on Gaza respectively, in 2006 and 2008.

According to Bin Laden, the attacks on NY WTC and the Pentagon on 9/11 were to avenge the massacres committed during the Israeli invasion of Lebanon armed by the Pentagon and financed by Wall Street. Many Tunisians, Algerians, Jordanians, Moroccans, Yemenis and Egyptians are awaiting the moments to settle scores with their respective leaders who have been robbing their nations, denying them freedom and implementing USraeli designs at the expense of their nation’s interests. The Americans believe that keeping autocrats in power is much better than having a democratically-elected government. It was no wonder that the Americans have opposed the democratically-elected governments of Hamas and Iran and will undermine the on-going popular uprising in Tunisia against the corrupt and oppressive pro-USraeli Ben Ali. In conclusion, US current foreign policy of conspiracies, dirty works, wars and economic sanctions, not on Israel, but exclusively on Arab and Muslim countries will be incompatible with any future democracy in the Middle East.

Adnan Darwash, Iraq Occupation Times

* President Carter asked his CIA director Adm. Stan Turner to fire 750 CIA agents who had committed homicides. Carter lost the re-election and all these were re-instated by President Reagan and his Vice President G.Bush sr, who was a former CIA director.

Adnan,

You are an intellectual and patriot of your people I am sure. But you need to not blame the people for the ignorance. Do you respect President Carter? I personally would take a different course of action. Many corrupt leaders are taking advantage of people's patriotic and religious beliefs? But, from your words I can see that you are frustrated with what is happening and want to vent your anger.

Help us see a way of peace.

Guest Adnan Darwash

"Help us see a way of peace"

God-fearing Americans have been at war throughout their history. They had exterminated the natives, enslaved the blacks and killed at lease 3 million Vietnamaese. As a matter of fact, the hands of the Americans are stained with the blood of people from 35 countries. Naturally, the Americans beleieve in Jesus Christ, the lord of love and forgivness. The evil American empire will eventually fall while it takes steps longer than its legs. The invasion of disarmed Iraq put America on its knees. An attack on Iran may finish the job. One hopes to see China becoming the only peaceful superpower.

Guest Desert Rat

You do not understand our culture. There are many patriotic Native Americans, African Americans. Asian Americans, and Arab Americans that defend our country. We are a Nation of immigrants that make our nation strong. There was no inch of soil that we could not take. You are an object of the past. Regardless of ideology of right or wrong, we could have pillaged your country, but instead taxpayers had to pay for it. There are also many good Iraqis that better understand the consequences of inappropriate actions. The war is over and it is time to move on and better your peoples' way of life.

Guest Adnan Darash

You do not understand our culture. There are many patriotic Native Americans, African Americans. Asian Americans, and Arab Americans that defend our country. We are a Nation of immigrants that make our nation strong. There was no inch of soil that we could not take. You are an object of the past. Regardless of ideology of right or wrong, we could have pillaged your country, but instead taxpayers had to pay for it. There are also many good Iraqis that better understand the consequences of inappropriate actions. The war is over and it is time to move on and better your peoples' way of life.

Forgetting the past and moving on!

Bin Laden and 9/11 are past too, or only others should forget past US crimes. The war on Iraq was illegal as it was neither in self defence nor sanctioned by the UN security Council. Which implies that all the destruction and kiling since 2003 are war crimes by default. We have a crippled and divided country with one million widows and four million orphans.The American war criminals should be brought to justice the way German Nazi war criminals were punished. Until today the Jews talk about the holocaust. The Iraqis have a very long memory coupled with an inherent revenge culture. Have you noticed that after seven years Joe Biden and other US officials make seceret un announced visits to Baghdad. And have you noticed that no US citizen can sit down and have a drink in down town Baghdad.

Guest Desert Rat

I do not think you should forget the past. Remember the price of war your country had to pay for your miscalculated aggressions. Remember your country's invasion of Kuwait. Remember your country's invasion of Iran. Remember your country's use of chemical weapons. Remember your country attempt at ethnic cleansing of Shiism and the Kurdish people. Remember your country's firing missiles at Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Qatar. Remember war is not gentle.

Guest Maureen in PG

I think men are to blame. Your sex is always so violent and full of paranoia. That is why I cannot read these type of topics. Why I did today must be my MLK community service project.

Do any of you really know what you are talking about. What makes you so special to judge the people on this planet. Are you God.

I do not think you should forget the past. Remember the price of war your country had to pay for your miscalculated aggressions. Remember your country's invasion of Kuwait. Remember your country's invasion of Iran. Remember your country's use of chemical weapons. Remember your country attempt at ethnic cleansing of Shiism and the Kurdish people. Remember your country's firing missiles at Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Qatar. Remember war is not gentle.

Wow. Well Said.

Guest Adanan Darwash

Saddam had committed his worst crimes while a close friend of the West. Saddam's American war on Iran (1980-1988) was meant to free the US hostages, to contain the Islamic Revolution and to protect the Gulf states.

Saddam had also used chemical weapons against the Kurds who sided with the Iranians. To your information, the precursors came from Searle corporation represented by Donald Rumsfeld who met Saddam twice and from Dutch and German firms. That is why the West didn't complain when Saddam attacked Halbjah. For the samne reason, Saddm was not tried for the use of Chemical weapons so that not to expose the extent of US and European involvment. Iraq was correctly forced to pay compensation for damages done to Kuwait. But who will compensate Iraq for the massive damage done to its infrastructure by US-UK heavy bombardment that killed thousands? Iraqis have a very long memory but eventually they will react.

Saddam had committed his worst crimes while a close friend of the West. Saddam's American war on Iran (1980-1988) was meant to free the US hostages, to contain the Islamic Revolution and to protect the Gulf states.

Saddam had also used chemical weapons against the Kurds who sided with the Iranians. To your information, the precursors came from Searle corporation represented by Donald Rumsfeld who met Saddam twice and from Dutch and German firms. That is why the West didn't complain when Saddam attacked Halbjah. For the samne reason, Saddm was not tried for the use of Chemical weapons so that not to expose the extent of US and European involvment. Iraq was correctly forced to pay compensation for damages done to Kuwait. But who will compensate Iraq for the massive damage done to its infrastructure by US-UK heavy bombardment that killed thousands? Iraqis have a very long memory but eventually they will react.

OK, so the US maybe had a hand in the precursors - but those are precursors. I understand you're angry, Adnan, and perhaps rightly so, but just because someone hands me the parts to build a gun doesn't mean I have to build it and then go on a shooting spree. To deny any wrong doing on Iraq's part, well, you're too smart for that, as I know the US is not so guilt free also, and just so you know, I am very far away from being a fan of Donny Rumsfeld, in fact, I do not care for him at all.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.