Washington DC Message Boards

Buy America government website

Guest LAW

U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood today unveiled a new U.S. Department of Transportation 'Buy America' webpage that will help American businesses reap the full benefits of the Obama Administration's historic investments in transportation infrastructure. Speaking at a Building America's Future Policy Forum in Charleston, South Carolina this morning, Secretary LaHood announced this latest effort to promote Buy America compliance by consolidating and improving access to Buy America provisions across all DOT agencies on one centralized webpage.

The new site can be accessed at http://www.dot.gov/buyamerica

"The Obama Administration is making historic investments in America's infrastructure – investments that lay the foundation for our long-term economic health while creating good-paying jobs right now," said Secretary LaHood. "We're also committed to maximizing the economic benefits of these infrastructure investments through Buy America provisions that keep American companies healthy and families working."

Buy America provisions ensure that transportation infrastructure projects are built with American-made products. Through Buy America, the Department of Transportation supports an entire supply chain of American companies and their employees, maximizing the economic benefit of infrastructure investments.

While there are similarities, the Department of Transportation's operating administrations have different Buy America statutory provisions. The new website launched today will provide access to each agency's Buy America provisions, requirements and waiver processes on one web site. Companies can also subscribe to receive alerts when new information on Buy America for U.S. Department of Transportation-funded infrastructure projects is posted.

You lack the information of which I do have IN DETAIL. I'm still not going to post that type of information online, because the internet has taken on whole new dimensions of which makes the internet a rather dangerous place.

The people online still have to understand as have I that we are NO LONGER Local or National, but International. <~~~~ For this reason I cannot in all good conscious post that type of information "Economic Warfare". I really want us "The U.S. Economy" to win.

<Hey!! Law, just a thought but can you change your screen name to like Lawlet?>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new site can be accessed at http://www.dot.gov/buyamerica

Well! at least your posting in your own words instead of some one elses.

It's a start.

Anyways my posts speak for themselves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will if you change your name to Piglet. LOL

I have been reading your posts for years Human. You never post anything productive. You just rant.

Human,

You do little to nothing to support your arguments. Instead you tell the reader that you are some high ex public official that is working in secret to help our country's Republican base, while getting paid to create large databases of our economic rivals. You have hinted that you are part of the birther movement and have a distaste for African Americans. In your defense, you sprinkle a little truth from time to time. But, not very much. Your main function is to rant. You are what I term a pundit troll.

On the other hand, I am spreading public information that is released for people to read. Which the source can be easily found. Maybe you can do the same. Oh, I forgot. Its a secret. ;)

You and I just swim in different worlds "That's all". The African American Community in the work place Discriminates against my group "Hispanics" and you can Bank your little bottom dollar that My group WILL know about it, and the lawyers can speak a much more direct game then

I can.

Of course it's good to know ones rivals. Do I like the Tea Partiers, YES I DO. Have I given them info to stump your group? YES...

Yes I am helping out my group "Republicans". Am I going to tell you Exactly what I am doing? NOT A CHANCE.

Now I understand that you are working on an old cpu. Have you ever thought of an upgrade?

Trust me, I don't find your software impressive.

I won't tell you that my Mother Board, Cpu, Software, Hard drive, and Ram are Current. It would be just too much for you to handle. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Human,

You do little to nothing to support your arguments. Instead you tell the reader that you are some high ex public official that is working in secret to help our country's Republican base, while getting paid to create large databases of our economic rivals. You have hinted that you are part of the birther movement and have a distaste for African Americans. In your defense, you sprinkle a little truth from time to time. But, not very much. Your main function is to rant. You are what I term a pundit troll.

On the other hand, I am spreading public information that is released for people to read. Which the source can be easily found. Maybe you can do the same. Oh, I forgot. Its a secret. ;)

Where?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are better than the funny papers. I do feel bad that your Latin Americans are getting discriminated. Fortunately, I have many that work as equals with me.

Let me see if I got this right. You are on a government computer at work in a message board???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The District.

If you know what computer I use Human. Why don't you tell me? Actually I think you are trying to harass me, because you know that I am right and you can't handle the truth. The head of your group is black. I am done wasting my time with a thick skull filled with so much hate.

Now I understand why you wanted the information that I have. Don't worry the possibilities of anyone catching you playing online are very remote.

At least the people who read the posts on this message board know the wholes that there are with in the Government work place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you know what computer I use Human. Why don't you tell me? Actually I think you are trying to harass me, because you know that I am right and you can't handle the truth. The head of your group is black. I am done wasting my time with a thick skull filled with so much hate.

For what it is worth Law; I have had it done to me FOR REAL. My group has done it to yours, and yours to mine, and countless other administrations.

My group is retiring. It's the new ones turn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should never have crossed the line. I only do this to let people know what is really going on.