Washington DC Message Boards

Bush Legacy: Dangerous and costly swashbuckling

Guest Adnan Darwash

Guest Adnan Darwash

Bush Legacy: Dangerous and costly Swashbuckling

After leaving office every American president wants to be remembered for important legislations, wise and civilised decisions that help the American people and or improving American image abroad. But one doesn’t expect much from a president like G.W. Bush who surrounded himself with so-called neo-cons who believed that they have to use the US military, political and economic might in order to implementing God’s work. In this regard, G.W. Bush had allied himself to Zionist fanatics in order to undermine the United Nations and to disregard human right conventions. The 2001 bombardment and invasion of Afghanistan, a third-world country with a rag-tag army and primitive infrastructure using B-52, B2 bombers and cruise missiles was a disgrace for the American people. Until today no Afghanis has ever carried out a terrorist attack in Europe or in America. Similarly, the war on Iraq in 2003 was illegal as it was carried out neither in self defence nor sanctioned by the UN Security Council. At the time, Iraq was a disarmed country and under US-imposed UN sanctions for at least 10 years. G.W. Bush has lied to his own people and to the world about Iraq WMD. The destruction and the killing of Iraqis on behalf of Israel are war crimes that will haunt Bush as long as he lives.

It must be mentioned here that no Iraqi was involved in the attack on the WTC in NY on 9/11 as 15 out of the 19 attackers were Saudi nationals so was Bin Laden, while Mohammed Al-Atta who led the group was an Egyptian. It would have been more appropriate for G.W. Bush to have invaded Saudi Arabia or toppled Hosni Mubarak and not destroying impoverished Afghanistan and disarmed Iraq. To add insult to injury, Bush had coordinated the attack on Iraq with Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan.

There are those who must give credit to G.W. Bush for organising the costly march on Baghdad to Israeli drums.

Adnan Darwash, Iraq Occupation Times

Guest Desert Rat

So you would allow a country to harbor a criminal organization that blew apart our buildings. Iraq may be somewhat of a mistake, but Afghanistan was the right thing to do. I wish we went further at Tora Bora.

Guest Adnan Darwash

So you would allow a country to harbor a criminal organization that blew apart our buildings. Iraq may be somewhat of a mistake, but Afghanistan was the right thing to do. I wish we went further at Tora Bora.

No-one justifies the destruction of other country property or hurting its people. As I remember, the government of Afghanistan had asked the US Government in 2001 to submit evidence for extraction of people like Bin Laden as demanded by international conventions. The US government refused their demand as it had no evidence that Bin Laden was responsible and went with its sadistic bombardment. To start with, Mullah Omar would have been unbale to capture let alone hand in Bin Laden to the Americans. Right now, the Taliban are considered as a national resistance movement to foreign invasion of their homeland. By the way, Tora Bora was heavily bombarded in 2001 sending Al-Qaeda to other countries to brood.

Guest Always Red

No-one justifies the destruction of other country property or hurting its people. As I remember, the government of Afghanistan had asked the US Government in 2001 to submit evidence for extraction of people like Bin Laden as demanded by international conventions. The US government refused their demand as it had no evidence that Bin Laden was responsible and went with its sadistic bombardment. To start with, Mullah Omar would have been unbale to capture let alone hand in Bin Laden to the Americans. Right now, the Taliban are considered as a national resistance movement to foreign invasion of their homeland. By the way, Tora Bora was heavily bombarded in 2001 sending Al-Qaeda to other countries to brood.

Bin Laden admitted he destroyed the world trade center. That is all the proof we needed.

Allah knows it did not cross our minds to attack the towers but after the situation became unbearable and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, I thought about it. And the events that affected me directly were that of 1982 and the events that followed – when America allowed the Israelis to invade Lebanon, helped by the U.S. Sixth Fleet. As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the same way (and) to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are tasting and to stop killing our children and women. – Osama bin Laden, 2004

You can find that quote Guardian News.

http://www.guardian....ida.september11

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KiKyWJRRjnU

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.