Washington DC Message Boards

Is there Virtue in having National Pride

Luke_Wilbur

From my vantage point. There is an increase in senseless blame without understanding the cause.

the old proverb says; and at our meetings the tale of my acquaintance commonly is—I cannot eat, I cannot drink; the pleasures of youth and love are fled away: there was a good time once, but now that is gone, and life is no longer life. Some complain of the slights which are put upon them by relations, and they will tell you sadly of how many evils their old age is the cause. But to me, Socrates, these complainers seem to blame that which is not really in fault. - Plato, "The Republic"

I search for friends with a calm and happy nature. We share ideas in a cooperative spirit. Some work with me on various ventures. I tend to believe that great business leaders are friends with employees, vendors and customers.

I am now at the age of understanding that there is another piece to good business. A business that earns Community respect brings an avocation of new customers. Word-of-mouth now includes Social Networking. People are making more judgments from the posts of their friends.

Guest Maggie

People can be entirely wrong when they blame others as the authors of the ills which befall them. They presume what their friends say to be true without reason. Ignorance is the cause for many problems we face every day.