Washington DC Message Boards

No American Made Products

Guest Luke

I have spent quite a good amount of time looking for actual umbrella manufacturers in the U.S. There is none.

There are no glass ball ornament manufacturers.

There are no die cast manufacturers.

I have looked on Google, National Association of Manufacturers, ThomasNet, and numerous other web sites.

Everything is made in China.

The manufacturers tell me that unions killed anything made here in America. They tell me that assembly people get paid too much. They expect $25 hour plus benefits. They tell that assembly people should only be getting $16 to $18 tops.

What do you think about that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Every day I read of major U.S. companies borrowing cheaply in the U.S., as intended by the stimulus efforts, but then are free to invest that same money in China and other Asian nations. That may be good for their investors, but will produce jobs in China and other Asian nations, not in the U.S. Major U.S. banks and brokerage houses, are similarly using their rescued capital for impressive expansions into China. Somebody has to stop this.

In Vietnam and China, the people are very optimistic. A lot of them come to the US and Europe on vacation because their money goes a long way. Things are cheaper here, even when it’s made over there. I wonder how our Korean and Vietnam veterans feel about it.

• 1 month later...

The average adult consumes $700 per month in imported goods. If we could reduce that to $517 per person per month, we would have no trade deficit at all. With no trade deficit, we would likely have 3-4% unemployment. All we need to do is reduce our consumption of imported goods 25% to have jobs again in this country. That will secure our long-term economic future (a.k.a. our children’s future). Start buying American before we lose our country. Take the Buy American Challenge today:

www.BuyAmericanChallenge.com

• 4 weeks later...

One thing America provides to the rest of the world is a marketplace for their goods. In order for other countries to take advantage of this they should be charged tariff taxes. Then American workers can concentrate on "worthwhile" manufacturing. Then the Chinese can share the burden of our national debt.

• 4 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.