Washington DC Message Boards

My Smart Phone Cameras Helps Criminals Know Where I Live

Guest Rebecca

Guest Rebecca

I am really creeped out that my blackberry camera is letting people know where I am taking pictures. Does anyone know how to remove the information from the photos I took?

Guest Black Sun

First we had security cameras, then we had speeding cameras, then we had Google Street View cameras, then we had Facebook photo tagging, and now we have Geotagging cameras. Our privacy has gone out the window.

I will see what I can find about removing the geo location code in photos.

What ever happened to "Don't post stuff online that you don't want people to know about you offline?"

In all honesty; I've been online soooooooooooooo long that I know that there are just plain mean, sadistic, wild, sane, and just about every other type of people online.

So my basic question is; Why post it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First we had security cameras, then we had speeding cameras, then we had Google Street View cameras, then we had Facebook photo tagging, and now we have Geotagging cameras. Our privacy has gone out the window.

I will see what I can find about removing the geo location code in photos.