DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Xanatos

Dc To Ny And Back...

Guest Xanatos

what would you say is the cheapest route on going from Dc to New york and back. The Amtrac wants $400.00 for 2 adults which is rediculous considering I'm flying to Dc cheaper than that. I was wondering if there is a metro that enter connects with other trains that go to new york.

Guest jet setter 28

i would love an answer to that question too...and how long does it generally take to travel by train from DC to New York city?

Guest mmartin

There are 6 or 7 bus companies that go to New York for $35 dollars roundtrip.

They are all listed on line at this site.....http://www.staticleap.com/chinatownbus/.

This is the "Chinatown Bus" and most of them leave from Chinatown DC and drop you Chinatown Manhattan but many will drop you midtown Manhattan.

Vamoose, which is also listed there, will pick up at American University in NW Washington and shows at least two current movies each way.

This is a great way to get to NY. If you travel midweek you often get the bus to yourself.

You can try Chinatown bus or other bus services.

They are much cheaper! Round trip: $35- 40

It takes about 4 hours to get NYC from DC.

I personally like VAMOOSE

cuz it's clean and comfortable. They show some good DVDs.

Hope you have a wondeful vacation! :lol:

Tomo

Guest Benny

Vammose Bus, I tried all bus companys between NYC and DC and Vamoose was simply the best. they have beutiful Black world wide coach buses the buse are mostly after 2002 and give a smooooooth ride they sohw great moveis clean buses and bathrooms nice drivers they help you with your lugage and when boarding the bus you eill find a person at the bus stop putting your suit case on the bus, I mean there is nothin else that could be done to give you better service, Vamoose has a great feedback in AU WU and all other collages try their web site www.vamoosebus.com :lol::D:P

Guest CRadFred

I would like to go from Washingtond D.C. to NYC for the day on Saturday. None of these deiscount services has Saturday service except the China Bus, but they do not have a good schedule. I refuse to ride on the over-priced and dirty Peter-Pan / Grehound buses.

Any other companies that actually offer service on Saturday???

Guest sally

i like vamosse bus to dc and back the one driver they had was kevin wickers he was the best driver out of all the trips i have taken he was very polite and he sure knew how to drive a bus but a lot of people miss him on the bus everybody wants to know what happened to him we all hope he will come back someday soon

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this