DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Purest Virtue

HEAD SHOP IN ROCKVILLE?

Guest Purest Virtue

Woa. I'm stoked, bra. It can't be, but its true! A high-quality glass shop in Rockville Maryland? I found it by accident stopping for beer on Randolf Road. I had no idea what i was in for, but the place is off the hook! You have to check it for your self. There is more funky glass then I've seen anywhere, with crazy pipes, wild percolator glass bongs, and body piercing jewelry. The place is called PureVirtueGlass and it is on Randolf Rd at Parklawn Dr.

Guest Brett

I heard the rumors and are here to tell you its true. The shop in Rockville is off the hook. and its so close, see ya B-more.

Guest Eye of the Beholder

I think you mean "Randolph" road rather than "Randolf."

Peace, "bra."

/A MoCo native

Guest HUMAN

Thanks for the heads up dudes. I got friends in Law Enforcement, and they are going to love it bro.

Pretty cool, pretty cool!!

This is like when I was in the law chats; I remember one fool in particular who wanted to know if he could sue the parents of a kid who he hit with his car, and then took off from the scene of the crime.

Then there was a couple who left there curtains open for all too see what they were doing.

A Lawyer who lived right across the street from them filmed their adventures and sold the video and made a small fortune off of there lack of discretion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you mean "Randolph" road rather than "Randolf."

Peace, "bra."

/A MoCo native

Guest Nick

Somebody told me there was sign will be posted stating that customer references regarding the use of the shop's products for illegal drug use will result in suspension of all sales for that time period, and/or removal of the customer from the shop. Head shops often place signs stating that the products sold are "for tobacco use only" or "not for use with illegal substances".

Guest GD_purp
Thanks for the heads up dudes. I got friends in Law Enforcement, and they are going to love it bro.

snitch

Guest Bob Dobbs

I wish I could buy it all! They have pretty much everything you are looking for, and the people are really helpful. They really have a glass-blower that can add custom designs on request. They have regular stuff at reasonable prices for the rest of us.

Guest Educated Consumer

It's an all right shop, and considering it's the only one in Rockville, it will do; but honestly, it's nothing special. More than anything, the guy seems like a glass hustler, and that's not a bad thing. He has good quality glass pipes and waterpipes that you won't get in the surrounding area, but if you're willing to drive to Bmore or DC to a more 'legit' shop, it'll be worth it. Since he's the only guy in town, he can charge whatever he wants, and when I went with my friends, he was really persistent when attempting to persuade us to buy some acrylic waterpipes rather than the inexpensive glass one we were looking at. His reasoning was since we were getting cheap glass, might as well get something that won't break for a similar price. The problem with that logic is that acrylic waterpipes pale in comparison to even the cheapest of glass. It seemed like he was trying to push a product on us that he needed to get rid of and he was really unhappy with the fact that we wouldn't budge and chose the inexpensive glass.

I know that the complaints in that story sound rather meticulous, but I didn't like the fact that the seller was pushing a lesser quality product on us and then got visibly (albeit mildly) frustrated when he realized we were educated customers and weren't falling for his merchant jargon. When we asked when he'd get shipments of medium-high range glass waterpipes, (something justa step below the Roors and Illadelphs of the game), he said, to paraphrase, not too sure man, I just hustle glass. Hearing a seller, and I believe store manager, refer to his business as a hustle was off-putting.

This sounds like an awful review and I don't mean it to be, but go in knowing exactly what you're looking for or else you can get ripped off for a few bucks. The service, aside from seeming pushy on products they wanted to get rid of, was very helpful and polite; interacting with us in a very personable manner. Once we displayed our IDs (they check first thing when you walk in, so don't get any ideas, kids) the younger female assistant helped us out and brought out her manager to finalize the sale.

Oh, and the first post looks to be an advertisement disguising itself as a user post (they left the website name and had the user name Purest Virtue but they found it "while shopping for beer"?), and that seems kinda tacky if that's the case, but I won't jump to any conclusions.

Overall, it's worth going to if you don't wanna take the drive to DC or BMore, but make sure you're well educated on what you intend on buying, because you can easily be persuaded into buying something that you aren't getting a good deal on. Grade: C, would go again if it meant improving my relationship with the sellers there, to possibly get better deals and stuff like that, but otherwise, I'll start heading towards the Beltway.

Guest Deemster

Maybe if you're buying a nice bong. But for a small piece it's not worth the gas to drive all the way to Baltimore, is it?

It's an all right shop, and considering it's the only one in Rockville, it will do; but honestly, it's nothing special. More than anything, the guy seems like a glass hustler, and that's not a bad thing. He has good quality glass pipes and waterpipes that you won't get in the surrounding area, but if you're willing to drive to Bmore or DC to a more 'legit' shop, it'll be worth it. Since he's the only guy in town, he can charge whatever he wants, and when I went with my friends, he was really persistent when attempting to persuade us to buy some acrylic waterpipes rather than the inexpensive glass one we were looking at. His reasoning was since we were getting cheap glass, might as well get something that won't break for a similar price. The problem with that logic is that acrylic waterpipes pale in comparison to even the cheapest of glass. It seemed like he was trying to push a product on us that he needed to get rid of and he was really unhappy with the fact that we wouldn't budge and chose the inexpensive glass.

I know that the complaints in that story sound rather meticulous, but I didn't like the fact that the seller was pushing a lesser quality product on us and then got visibly (albeit mildly) frustrated when he realized we were educated customers and weren't falling for his merchant jargon. When we asked when he'd get shipments of medium-high range glass waterpipes, (something justa step below the Roors and Illadelphs of the game), he said, to paraphrase, not too sure man, I just hustle glass. Hearing a seller, and I believe store manager, refer to his business as a hustle was off-putting.

This sounds like an awful review and I don't mean it to be, but go in knowing exactly what you're looking for or else you can get ripped off for a few bucks. The service, aside from seeming pushy on products they wanted to get rid of, was very helpful and polite; interacting with us in a very personable manner. Once we displayed our IDs (they check first thing when you walk in, so don't get any ideas, kids) the younger female assistant helped us out and brought out her manager to finalize the sale.

Oh, and the first post looks to be an advertisement disguising itself as a user post (they left the website name and had the user name Purest Virtue but they found it "while shopping for beer"?), and that seems kinda tacky if that's the case, but I won't jump to any conclusions.

Overall, it's worth going to if you don't wanna take the drive to DC or BMore, but make sure you're well educated on what you intend on buying, because you can easily be persuaded into buying something that you aren't getting a good deal on. Grade: C, would go again if it meant improving my relationship with the sellers there, to possibly get better deals and stuff like that, but otherwise, I'll start heading towards the Beltway.