DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kate

Best place to stay in Ocean City?

Guest Kate   
Guest Kate

Hello all!

I am taking my first vacation to Ocean City this summer with my husband and son (who will be about a year old) and I was wondering where the best location to stay was when coming down there. I'm really confused with all of the different condo listings I have been looking at-and I want to be on the beach and within walking distance of the boardwalk but I am not exactly sure where the boardwalk is so I can check that with the listings I am looking at. If anyone has an actual recommendations for a specific condo that would be extremely helpful-the amount of properties is extremely overwhelming! Thanks so much!!

Guest Mario   
Guest Mario

I would not go any closer than the Carousel. As you get closer to the boardwalk it becomes a madhouse. Traffic is quite bad too.

Doug White    3

The boardwalk runs south from 28th street to the inlet. request "Ocean Block" for steps-from-the-beach or say ocean-view, or ocean-front if you are really pimpin!

There is a lot of info for you on www.DCpages.com/Ocean_City/

The condos on/near the boards are mostly small little buildings. If you were to stay way north of the boardwalk between 80th and 120th, you could choose to stay in one of the fabulous high-rises on the beach. No boardwalk means little or no "riff-raff". It is a much different experience to stay downtown on the boardwalk where there lots of people moving up and down the beach. Up in "condo-row" people go to the beach and chill. There really isn't a bunch a people traveling all around watching each other. I like both experiences, but if you want nicer accommodations I highly recommend 90th to 110th. pretty much all of them are nice. The Clarion is a lot of fun, but the building and rooms are a bit worn and tired. My all-time favorite is the Century 1. I also like the Pyramid, and the Golden Sands.

OClocal '87 Surf NEKKiD

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this