Washington DC Message Boards

Divine Science and True Magic

Guest Feigan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Menelik

19 And the angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud removed from before them, and stood behind them;

20 and it came between the camp of Egypt and the camp of Israel; and there was the cloud and the darkness here, yet gave it light by night there; and the one came not near the other all the night.

24 And it came to pass in the morning watch, that the LORD looked forth upon the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of cloud, and discomfited the host of the Egyptians.

It is advisable to know that the hours of the day and of the night together, are twenty-four in number.

Each hour is governed by one of the seven celestial bodies in regular order, commencing at the highest and descending to the lowest.

The order of the celestial bodies is as follows:

ShBThAI, Shabbathai, Saturn;

beneath Saturn is TzDQ, Tzedeq, Jupiter;

beneath Jupiter is MADIM, Madim, Mars; beneath Mars is ShMSh, Shemesh, the Sun;

beneath the Sun is NVGH, Nogah, Venus;

beneath Venus is KVKB, Kokav, Mercury;

and beneath Mercury is LBNH, Levanah, the Moon, which is the lowest of all the celestial body.

It must, therefore, be understood that the celestial bodies have their dominion over the day which approacheth nearest unto the name which is given and attributed unto them:

Saturday, Saturn;

Thursday, Jupiter;

Tuesday, Mars;

Sunday, the Sun;

Friday, Venus;

Wednesday, Mercury;

and Monday, the Moon.

Guest Solomon24

The ancient city of Beit Shemesh ("house of the sun" or "temple of the sun" in Hebrew) was originally named after the Canaanite sun-goddess Shemesh, which was worshipped there in antiquity. The ruins of the ancient biblical city can still be seen in the tell of Beit Shemesh, located near the modern city.

I sing in hymns

to enter the gates

of the Field

of holy apples.

A new table

we prepare for Her,

a lovely candelabrum

sheds its light upon us.

Between right and left

the Bride approaches,

in holy jewels

and festive garments...

Everyone is becoming afraid. Only the foolish people are not afraid.

The people that are afraid are nevertheless attempting to go on living a normal life. But, the materialism of this world has suddenly lost its taste.

Guest Soldier of God

Ezekiel Chapter 8

12 Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, the LORD seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth.

13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.

16 And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.

Guest Speculate 1717

For we are brethren of the Rosie Crosse;

We have the Mason Word and second sight,

Things for to come we can foretell aright.

—Henry Adamson, The Muses' Threnodie (Perth, 1638).

Guest Paul Juris

In Matthew 16:18 is the "Rock" upon which Christ established His church Peter? Or is the “Rock" Christ? God's answer:

For other foundation no one can lay, but that which has been laid, which is Christ Jesus. (I Corinthians 3:11)

And all drank the same spiritual drink (for they drank from the spiritual rock which followed them, and THE ROCK WAS CHRIST). (I Corinthians 10:4) emphasis add

Jesus said to them, "Did you never read in the Scriptures, The stone which the builders rejectcd. has become the corner stone; by the Lord this has been done; and it is wonderful in our eyes?" (Matthew 21:42) (Compare with Psalm 117:21, 23)

For they stumbled or the sturnbling-stone, as it is written, “Behold I lay in Sion, a stumbling-stone and a ROCK of scandal: and whoever believes (trusts) in him (Christ) shall not be disappointed” (Romans 9:33)

Let us see what the apostle, St. Peter, had to say concerning this.

Draw near to him (Christ), a living stone, rejected indeed by men but chosen and honored by God . . . Hence Scripture says, "Behold. I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, chosen, precious; and he who believes in it shall not be put to shame.” For you. therefore, who believe is this honor; but to those who do not beleive, "A stone which the builders rejected, the same has become the head of the corner,” and, "A stumbling-stone, and a ROCK of scandal," to those who stumble at the word, and do not believe. (I Peter 2:4. 6-8)

This is “The stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the corner stone.” Neither is there salvation in any other, For there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. (Also the words of St. Peter, speaking of Jesus Christ, as recorded in Acts 4:11, 12)

Turning to the Old Testament we find the following:

O Lord, my ROCK, my fortress, my deliverer. My God, my ROCK of refuge. Psalm 117:3 (18:3).

O Lord, my ROCK and my redeemer. Psalm 18:15 (19:15).

To you, O LORD, I call; O MY ROCK. Psalm 27:1 (28:1).

Be my ROCK of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety. You are my ROCK and my fortress; for your name's sake you will lead and guide me. Psalm 30:3, 4 (31:3, 4).

I sing TO GOD, MY ROCK: “Why do you forget me?” Psalm 41:l0 (42:10).

Only in God is my soul at rest; from him comes my salvation. HE ONLY IS MY ROCK and my salvation. (Psalm 61:2,3).

Only in God be at rest, my soul, for from him comes my hope. He only is my ROCK and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be disturbed. With GOD is my safety and my glory, HE IS THE ROCK of my strength; my refuge is in God Trust in him at all times, O my people! Pour out your hearts before him; God is our refuge! Psalm 61:6-9 (62:6-9).

Be my ROCK of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety, for you are my ROCK, and my fortress. Psalm 70:3 (71:3).

While he slew them they sought him and inquired after God again, remembering THAT GOD WAS THEIR ROCK and the Most High God, their redeemer. Psalm 88:27 (89:27).

Declaring how just is THE LORD, ROCK. in whom there is no wrong. Psalm 91:16 (92:16).

Yet the Lord is my stronghold, and MY GOD THE ROCK of my refuge. Psalm 93:22 (94:22).

Come, let us sing joyfully to THE LORD; let us acclaim THE ROCK of our salvation. Psalm 94:1 (95:1).

The stone which the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. By the Lord has this been done; it is wonderful in our eyes. Psalm 117:22, 23 (118:22, 23).

Therefore thus saith the Lord God: Behold. I will lay a stone in the foundations of Sion, a tried stone, a corner stone, a precious stone, founded in the foundation. He that believeth, let him not hasten. (Isaiah 28:16).

For I will sing the Lord’s renown. Oh, proclaim the greatness of OUR GOD! THE ROCK-- how faultless are his deeds, how right all his ways! (Deuteronomy 32:3,4).

They spurned the GOD who made the and scorned their saving ROCK . . . Your were unmindful of the ROCK that begot you, you forgot the GOD who gave you birth. (Deuteronomy 32:15, 18).

And he said: THE LORD IS MY ROCK, and my srrength, and my saviour.(II Kings 22:2 (II Samuel 22:2)

FOR WHO IS GOD BUT THE LORD? OR WHAT ROCK IS THERE BUT OUR GOD? Psalm 17:32 (18:32).

Dear reader, some of the pieces of this Scriptural puzzle have been assembled and placed before you for your consideration. What is your decision? Will you take God at His Word and give honor to the only true Rock and Head of Christ's Church, Jesus Christ Himself? Or will you take man`s word for it that Peter is that rock?

If you choose the latter, I think that you Ought to be convinced in your own mind that you have made the correct choice. The best recommendation which I can offer; would be for you to gather a convincing number of Scriptures from throughout the Bible which definitely state and confirm the fact that Peter is the rock in question. When you complete the list, I would appreciate your sending it to me. I would count it a privilege to hear from you and God would surely bless you for the interest you would be showing in His Word.

In closing. I would have you consider for a moment, the words of these hymn writers which blend in so nicely with the thoughts which we have just considered. May the precious truths contained in these words linger in your mind. May they cause you to more fully realize where God's perfect peace and security may be had, when we are willing to make our stand on Christ the solid ROCK.

My hope is built on nothing less

Than Jesus' blood and

righteousness;

I dare not trust the sweetest frame.

But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ., the solid Rock, I stand;

All other ground is sinking sand.

-- Edaward Mote

Rock of ages, cleft for me,

Let me hide myself in Thee;

Let the water and the blood,

From Thy raven side which flowed,

Be of sin the double cure,

Save me from it·a guilt and power.

Not the labors of my hands,

Can fulfill the laws demands;

Could my zeal no respite know,

Could my tears forever flow,

AII for sin could not atone;

Thou must save, and Thou alone.

--A. M. Toplady

Guest Speculate 1717

'the cornerstones of the Invisible College or (as they term themselves) the Philosophical College, do now and then honor me with their company.'

Robert Boyle, Grand Master of the Priory of Sion 1654 to 1691.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest William Hutchinson

We are not to search for our antiquity in the mythology of Greece or Rome‑we advance into remote ages. Religion was the original and constituent principle; a recognition of the Deity first distinguished us from the rest of mankind; our predecessors searched for the divine essence in the wonders displayed on the face of nature; they discovered supreme wisdom in the order of the universe‑in the stellary system they traced the power, in the seasons and their changes the bounty, and in animal life the benevolence, of God; every argument brought with it conviction, and every object confirmation, that all the wonders daily displayed to the eye of man were only to be produced by some superlative being, and maintained by his superintendency. It was from such conviction that men began to class themselves in religious societies.

Guest Menelik

1. Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty!

Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;

Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty!

God in three persons, blessed Trinity!

2. Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee,

Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;

Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee,

Which word and art and evermore shalt be.

3. Holy, holy, holy! Thou the darkness hide Thee,

Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see;

Only Thou art holy - there is none beside Thee

Perfect in power, in love and purity.

4. Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty!

All Thy works shall praise Thy name in earth and sky and sea;

Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty!

God in three persons, blessed Trinity!

Genesis 30 30:36 And he set three days' journey betwixt himself and Jacob: and Jacob fed the rest of Laban's flocks.

30:37 And Jacob took him rods of green poplar, and of the hazel and chestnut tree; and pilled white streaks in them, and made the white appear which was in the rods.

30:38 And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink.

30:39 And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstreaked, speckled, and spotted.

30:40 And Jacob did separate the lambs, and set the faces of the flocks toward the ringstreaked, and all the brown in the flock of Laban; and he put his own flocks by themselves, and put them not unto Laban's cattle.

30:41 And it came to pass, whensoever the stronger cattle did conceive, that Jacob laid the rods before the eyes of the cattle in the gutters, that they might conceive among the rods.

30:42 But when the cattle were feeble, he put them not in: so the feebler were Laban's, and the stronger Jacob's.

• 2 months later...
Guest MoonsLightV

It is often said that once a spirit has been summoned, they are "tied" to the pentacle's center often like a statue being held by a base, the spirit is tied to the center of the pentacle and cannot leave or move beyond that point.