Washington DC Message Boards

Strand By Strand Hair Fusion Extensions

valencia

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS....

WHAT ARE STRAND BY STRAND EXTENSIONS?

Connecting small sections of hair to your hair with the use of a heated tool or tiny silicon based tubes (cold fusion). It's called strand by strand because the section of hair used and connected are so small....

CAN I RELAX AND/OR COLOR MY HAIR?

Yes, you can relax and/or color your hair with the system in place. I've read on several websites that it is damaging to relax your hair while the system is in place because you can't comb the relaxer through your hair. I ask my clients to relax their hair before getting the service. When it's time for a relaxer touch-up you are only relaxing the new growth above the bond. The bond will act as a guide because you shouldn't constantly overlap relaxers in the first place....That will cause damage with or without extensions....

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO APPLY THE SYSTEM?

I average 1 1/2 hours to complete the hot system and approx 2 hours to complete the cold....

HOW ARE THE BONDS REMOVED?

HEATED....A chemical is sprayed directly on the bond only. The bond is then crushed using tweezers and/or a special tool, crystallizes and turns into a powder. Any left over residue can be combed, brushed or shampooed out....COLD....The bonds are opened with a special tool and slides right out the hair. I don't charge to remove the extensions unless I have to do an extensive comb-out. I only have to do extensive comb-outs for those who don't take care of their extensions. I've worn extensions for as long as I've performed the service and I have NEVER had to do an extensive comb-out on myself....

HOW LONG DOES THE SYSTEM LAST?

The system can last up to 4 months. Yes, it can last longer for some clients but I don't recommend leaving anything in your hair for over 4 months. Our hair naturally shed (my braid wearers know) that hair need to be eventually released....

IS THE SYSTEM DAMAGING TO MY HAIR?

Most asked question. Most systems and/or chemicals are not damaging to your hair humans are. If you my follow my instructions to the letter the extensions will not damage your hair. You can also take great care of your hair because it's not hiding. You can oil and deep condition your hair with the system in place. Going back to the relaxer statement that I mentioned earlier. A relaxer isn't damaging to your hair but that stylist that's overlapping that relaxer is....

WHAT TYPE OF HAIR DO YOU USE?

I use 100% Pure Virgin Remy Indian Hair imported from India. The hair is cut from the donor's head cleaned, sanitized and sent to me. My supplier is Wagman's Hair....

WILL THE HAIR MATCH MY HAIR?

The hair I use will match most clients hair. I do offer custom textures for my natural clients. Because the hair is virgin color depends on the donor at the time for the most part the color will match but a small percentage may have to do a rinse AFTER the service is performed....

I'VE HAD A PROBLEM WITH HAIR SHEDDING IN THE PAST.

There is minimum shedding. I pre-tip my hair by hand to ensure every hair is embedded in the bond. I comb out loose hair during the process so shedding isn't a problem. There maybe minimum shedding within a few months which means you need a fusion touch-up....

WHAT IS A FUSION TOUCH-UP AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD I HAVE THEM DONE?

I have a handful of clients that never need a touch-up, never lose a bond and/or shed but I recommend a minimum of 1 max 3 touch-up's. We replace 1/4 of the bonds starting with the hairline. We then inspect the remaining bonds and repair as necessary....

CAN I BRING MY FAVORITE HAIR?

Yes you can but you have to mail it to me in a timely manner. I don't accept pre-bonded hair because I only trust the bond that I use. I need to pre-tip the hair well before your appointment. I don't guarantee outside hair....

DO I NEED TO PURCHASE SPECIAL PRODUCTS?

No, you can use products that you're happy with. In most cases stylist that sell products will say you need their products. I tell my clients to concentrate on their hair and don't worry about the extension hair....

WHAT TYPE OF BONDS DO YOU USE?

I use a keratin protein based bond. I hate poly-wax because it will rip your hair out during the removal process....

HOW DO I GET STARTED?

A consultation is your first step, I have been in this business for many years now and because over 75% of my clients are from other states I do consultations either via email and/or face to face....As for my email clients all I need is picture and we will work from there....

This is just the beginning, I will update this FAQ on a regular basis. Please feel free to ask any and all questions that you have and I will add it to this forum....

hairbyvalencia.net

Email me

Thanks

Valencia

• 1 month later...