DC Message Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimmy

Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

mrbinky3000    0

How 'bout that???

I'm an Obamma fan, but why did he win? He hasn't ended any of our wars yet. There is still unrest in the middle east. Democrats and Republicans are still partisan and petty. I guess the Economy is a little better, but he didn't get the Nobel for finance. Strange.

Guest Human   
Guest Human

I disagree with Chavez, I think that Chavez should be praising Obama, after all Barack Obama

is pursuing the same policies that Chavez likes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/10/12/worldupdates/2009-10-11T222630Z_01_NOOTR_RTRMDNC_0_-430833-1&sec=Worldupdates

Chavez said giving Obama the Nobel award was like giving a baseball pitcher a prize simply for saying he was going to win 50 games and strike out 500 batters.

Although mild compared to some of the virulent rhetoric he often uses against the United States, Chavez's criticism contrasted with the assessment of his mentor, Fidel Castro.

The former Cuban leader said it was "a positive measure" that implied criticism of the "genocidal" policies of Obama's predecessors in the White House.

Though Caracas and Washington have hostile political relations, the United States remains the main buyer of oil from the OPEC member nation.

(Reporting by Andrew Cawthorne; Editing by Eric Walsh)

Guest SpiderMonkey   
Guest SpiderMonkey

I disagree with Chavez, I think that Chavez should be praising Obama, after all Barack Obama

is pursuing the same policies that Chavez likes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/10/12/worldupdates/2009-10-11T222630Z_01_NOOTR_RTRMDNC_0_-430833-1&sec=Worldupdates

Chavez said giving Obama the Nobel award was like giving a baseball pitcher a prize simply for saying he was going to win 50 games and strike out 500 batters.

Although mild compared to some of the virulent rhetoric he often uses against the United States, Chavez's criticism contrasted with the assessment of his mentor, Fidel Castro.

The former Cuban leader said it was "a positive measure" that implied criticism of the "genocidal" policies of Obama's predecessors in the White House.

Though Caracas and Washington have hostile political relations, the United States remains the main buyer of oil from the OPEC member nation.

(Reporting by Andrew Cawthorne; Editing by Eric Walsh)

Who the hell cares what Hugo Chavez thinks?? Not me.

Guest Jimmy   
Guest Jimmy

I'm an Obamma fan, but why did he win? He hasn't ended any of our wars yet. There is still unrest in the middle east. Democrats and Republicans are still partisan and petty. I guess the Economy is a little better, but he didn't get the Nobel for finance. Strange.

I would say because I believe the Nobel Peace Prize is largely symbolic. It's not like Obama ran for it, turned in his resume' and lobbied for it: it was bestowed upon him, for better or for worse; not that he would, but I'm not sure if you can even "decline" something like that.

Just my 2 cents.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this